Thursday, 25/April/2024, 9:46:46 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Japan Earthquake Rollcall! (March 11, 2011) - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum » Briefing Room » Clan Announcements » Japan Earthquake Rollcall! (March 11, 2011)
Japan Earthquake Rollcall! (March 11, 2011)
redhamuSLADate: Friday, 11/March/2011, 4:49:05 AM | Message # 1
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
My family & I are ok. You guys?

duxy87Date: Friday, 11/March/2011, 8:43:30 AM | Message # 2
Major general
Group: Moderators
Man, this is everywhere on news and media in melbourne. Tsunamis, and now looks like Hawaii has been in danger of massive swings from the quake. Hope everyone is ok and hasn't effected many areas, and hopefully wont be any severe then what it has been.

Can I get a shout out from Kuz and ban!! :s

Hope to hear from all you J folks soon...

luv, dux

p.s. I'm glad your ok red smile

Message edited by duxy87 - Friday, 11/March/2011, 8:44:24 AM

banion7Date: Friday, 11/March/2011, 9:39:07 AM | Message # 3
Colonel
YO. Epic quake. Home safe and sound, had to get a bike.

Work is off tomorrow, btw.

Glad to hear everyone's ok

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 11/March/2011, 12:09:00 PM | Message # 4
Our Sexy Leader
Quote (banion7)
Work is off tomorrow, btw.

That official?

nivasan6Date: Friday, 11/March/2011, 2:36:43 PM | Message # 5
Major general
Glad to hear that you guys are okay.

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 11/March/2011, 6:45:59 PM | Message # 6
Our Sexy Leader
Got an email from Kuzu. He didn't report anything negative, so I guess he and his family are a-ok. (^_-)b

AlucardDate: Friday, 11/March/2011, 7:45:53 PM | Message # 7
Colonel
glad to hear you guys are good. i only heard about this at work otherwise i might have found out when i saw this thread. hope MJ is ok as well.

banion7Date: Friday, 11/March/2011, 8:51:26 PM | Message # 8
Colonel
MJ was on Modern Warfare last night, so I'm assuming he's ok lol

Yes, I was playing video games after all that...

duxy87Date: Friday, 11/March/2011, 10:01:49 PM | Message # 9
Major general
Quote (banion7)
MJ was on Modern Warfare last night, so I'm assuming he's ok lol
Yes, I was playing video games after all that...

Haha MJ would prob walk outside from all of this and see that his house is in another location lol..

In all seriousness.. glad to hear u boys are fine and looking well smile

GuzmanDate: Friday, 11/March/2011, 10:33:05 PM | Message # 10
Lieutenant general
Man, Massive quake, glad you guys are OK. Gotta give props to those Japanese; They know how to construct buildings. Are you guys still feeling aftershocks? Apparently this is normal, but it seems like there are a ton... They're not weak either. USGS

What have you guys heard about the reactors? From what I've watched, it sounds like the safety of them is questionable? They don't seem to be saying.

This may not be the time to ask, but Japan 'would' accept help if they needed it right? We've got stuff on standby & Japan claims they don't need help containing the reactors so far.

Anyway, again, good to hear you guys are OK.

Message edited by Guzman - Friday, 11/March/2011, 10:33:21 PM

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 12/March/2011, 0:43:58 AM | Message # 11
Our Sexy Leader
Hella felt the quake.  I was literally running up the steps at my local train station cuz I wanted to head into Tokyo today.  About halfway up I was like,"Umm...maybe not" and jetted back down the steps & outside.  It made everyone stumble that had rushed outside.  The trains on the track at the station were swaying back & forth.  Scary as shit.

Luckily, I hadn't gotten on the train earlier or anything.  I would have been stuck somewhere without a place to stay.  My wife had to work today, so she wasn't as lucky & is staying the night in Tokyo.  (T_T) Poor banion had to walk/ride a bike for 5 hours to get back to his place.

Either way, this shit's not cool.  I'd been watching the news for like almost 6 hours after it happened.  Tsunami's are no joke.  Thoughts out to the families of the deceased.  (T_T)

Quote (Guzman)
They know how to construct buildings. Are you guys still feeling aftershocks? Apparently this is normal, but it seems like there are a ton... They're not weak either.

Gyeah. I couldn't really sleep cuz I would wake up. It felt like it was happening all the time.

Quote (Guzman)
What have you guys heard about the reactors? From what I've watched, it sounds like the safety of them is questionable? They don't seem to be saying.

This may not be the time to ask, but Japan 'would' accept help if they needed it right? We've got stuff on standby & Japan claims they don't need help containing the reactors so far.

Just heard what you have. I sure as hell hope Japan accepts help if/when it's offered. Something about the USS Ronald Reagan coming to help out...

banion7Date: Saturday, 12/March/2011, 2:02:55 AM | Message # 12
Colonel
Yeah absolutely heart wrenching stuff on tv, people who've lost their families, or are still looking... Hard to take it all in. Ditto, thoughts and prayers out to them. And I don't even pray!

Don't have much to say other than that. Please make the most of each day dudes.

As I write, there was just a 4.3 30 kms away. The freakiness continues...

KuzuDate: Saturday, 12/March/2011, 3:57:43 AM | Message # 13
The Clan Elder
yah me and fam are fine. since we are in osaka, its hundreds of miles away. lots of ppl didnt even notice it. but i was at work, and i could feel the tremors. im from california mind u, so i know what earthquakes feel like *we had the big one in 1989, during the world series between A's and Giants. anyways, i was getting pretty pissed. seeing as how the new zealand quake had done some major damage, and alot of japanese were among the casualties, i couldnt believe some of my co-workers were laughing when the tremors started yesterday. i know this is a japanese reaction, instead of dealing with something scary, they try to laugh it off instead of confronting the issue. but somehow i knew that it wasnt just a tiny quake for osaka, but big somewhere else. after it lasted for more than a few minutes, i grabbed my phone, wallet, and jacket and told the ppl near me "yo, this isnt funny. get ready to get the fuck out of here..." going back home and seeing the shit on the news was surreal. this is the country im living in, and its getting torn apart by tsunamis and just swallowing up buildings, cars, everything in sight.

after the new zealand quake, my daughter was very interested in quakes, so weve been showing her footage on youtube, and telling her how to get safe. small things, but could be a life saver when the time comes. the amount of aftershocks *not even sure if they can be called that in this case* have been so numerous, and keep moving south. its only a matter of time before something hits the heart of tokyo, or osaka even. when that happens... well... we are in a world of hurt.

it honestly feels like armageddon to me *minus the cheezy plotlines and meteor genre. these natural disasters are not gonna stop. they are not limited to one area. they are going to keep coming, with greater intensity, and in varying forms. so yah, we all really need to appreciate what we have. tell the ppl closest to you that u love them and appreciate them. i wasnt in the middle of the hard shakes this time, but ive seen what they can do, firsthand. not a good feeling. i dont believe in god, but its like someone or some force is just toying with the planet, shaking it like its some baby toy. anyways, just like to say whatever happens, im glad to know all of you. we may disagree and this and that, but like we said, we are family here and i hope u know that u guys are more than just teammates on a video game, to me. i dont like thinking about these things too heavily, cuz shit gets me depressed so yah.. ill probably be playing games tonight. i like to lose myself in the cyber world.

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 12/March/2011, 5:56:00 AM | Message # 14
Our Sexy Leader
For those in Japan, if you see this, it's 8pm Sat. night. I think they are calling for a decrease in energy consumption. I'm turning everything unnecessary off & would suggest you guys do the same. This possible meltdown shit is mad scary. Best of luck to us all, huh?

banion7Date: Saturday, 12/March/2011, 7:55:05 AM | Message # 15
Colonel
Yes, the fact of the matter now is we are just 240 kms from a possible nuclear meltdown, is that right?

It s something you dont want to think about, but who knows how serious the situation really is.

Sobering day and a half.

Forum » Briefing Room » Clan Announcements » Japan Earthquake Rollcall! (March 11, 2011)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024