Saturday, 20/April/2024, 3:15:35 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | HTTP Tunnel ( + proxy servers) - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Mess Hall » User-Generated Stuff » HTTP Tunnel ( + proxy servers) (beat the system)
HTTP Tunnel ( + proxy servers)
KuzuDate: Thursday, 14/April/2011, 2:50:34 AM | Message # 1
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
http://forums.http-tunnel.com/showthread.php?t=2896
this link may help some of you, in particular Duxy with your NAT3 problems. it really doesnt seem all that hard to set up either.

i am currently trying to use "HTTP Tunnel" + "Proxifier" programs to make my PC act as if it were in the US. i tried looking into using free proxies, and it was easy to find them and enter them into my Firefox connection settings, but none of them worked. plus, even if they did, i assume they would just die in a few days so i would have to constantly find a new one.

with HTTP tunnel, it seems to automatically tunnel to their server (i know im way off) but this means its hassle free for the user. its freeware, albeit lower bandwith (paid users get high bandwith) so i dont know if it would still work with heavy traffic, but i would say its worth a try.

i tried both programs together last night, and it did work for a few minutes, actually getting my DL speeds up x2, but then i had no connection altogether. not sure why, possibly due to a setup error. but if it works, i can DL content from the US that is normally IP restricted (ie HULU, etc). i also heard of using AOL desktop, which uses a dialup program to the US. i used this last night too, and it worked perfectly fine. i checked my IP, and it was changed to one in Virginia USA.

TBH one of my reasons for testing this is to connect to Singapore/Malaysia. i have a game account on servers from there which i want to play again after several years of hiatus. so the AOL method works perfectly fine, but only to a US IP. this will not work in my case.

if Guz/Niva or anyone with this type of Proxy experience can shed some light on the easiest way to get a proxy/VPN/tunnel running smoothly, i would be very happy to hear your thoughts. thx.

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 14/April/2011, 10:21:33 AM | Message # 2
Our Sexy Leader
Woah. Wish I could help out, but I have no idea what you're talking about. LOL. I hope someone does!

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 14/April/2011, 12:28:01 PM | Message # 3
Major general
Group: Moderators
Sorry Kuzu and duxy, I don't have that much knowledge on networking. I am more into the programming aspects on computing then on networking. From my little knowledge, using a proxy to establish a different IP works, but they are somewhat "illegal". These methods of channeling to using a different IP all the time is what hackers and essentially pirates do.

I know Guz will be able to help since he seems to have much more experience with networking and in general computers. As I said earlier I'm into programming, and I really don't like it either, lol.

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 20/April/2011, 10:40:57 AM | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
For the NAT problem, I would just fix it, unless in an environment where you can't. IDK what duxy's situation is.

For PC, there are free proxy sites, but as far as I know none of them allow scripts or flash to run unless you subscribe to the service. The only use they have otherwise is if you don't want to be identified on a certain site, or to access one that is banned/restricted in your country.

Why are you using both programs? They are very similar, & the more things interfering in the chain the more likely it is you'll have an issue. I'd just try one instead.
To be clear, what are your intentions besides the Singapore account & Hulu? (Hulu is US only?) Or is that all?

& while you may be able to resolve some NAT issues w/ this stuff, that will just fix connectivity problems, not speed. You didn't imply that, but just throwing it out there.

Quote (nivasan6)
I know Guz will be able to help since he seems to have much more experience with networking and in general computers.

I actually don't like networking either. >_<

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 20/April/2011, 8:06:35 PM | Message # 5
The Clan Elder
main goal at the moment for me, personally, is to connect to Singapore. for some reason, the game im playing blocks my IP from japan. but if i use Hotspotshield, i connect through VPN to a US IP, and strangely i can connect to the game from there. its not a FPS, so lag is not so critical (its a RPG-ish type) but there are some moments when i cant do any actions for a minute... and that is annoying as hell. so the game is playable as of now, but i would really like to get on a Singapore VPN/whatever to make it run smoother.

the NAT issue may not help, but then again, in some games Dux may be connecting to the US anyways, so having his IP tunnel from the US may not hurt him speed-wise and may fix the NAT troubles. meh. i really dont know.

also, im not really clear as to whether my game is browser based or a separate program. it is a huge 2GB download, loaded up by .exe, so im assuming its external. also, i couldnt connect to the game even when i had a working Singapore proxy, so i would assume that is confirmation that it is NOT browser based. so maybe proxies wont even work at all.

guess its VPN then.

Forum » Mess Hall » User-Generated Stuff » HTTP Tunnel ( + proxy servers) (beat the system)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024