[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Page 2 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Battlefield » Battlefield Bad Company 2
Battlefield Bad Company 2
nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 23/February/2011, 10:09:49 PM | Message # 16
Major general
Group: Moderators
That's good to hear that you're progressing on piloting the helicopters. What exactly do you mean by you can take off with out crashing? You would crash as soon as you lift off? How is that even possible with out changing the pitch, granted I'm not sure if you did change pitch while lifting off. Even then, that sounds hilarious, lol.

You don't need per say a passenger, just use the optics ability. I believe that's the one that shows enemies on the radar that are close to the vehicle.

I think I prefer hardcore mode now, I love not having a little map showing where enemies are. I have one question about it, when a person throws a sensor grenade, do their teammates have a little map showing that area?

I'm probably getting both, but I'm most likely getting BF3 on the PC. If I were you I would get the game/franchise that you enjoy most. It seems that you really enjoy the Resistance franchise, so I would get that if I were you. Battlefield games usually have their servers up for a long time.

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 23/February/2011, 11:56:57 PM | Message # 17
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
meh. i just have fun flying/driving and destroying shit. hopefully that includes badguys, but if its me inside the vehicle its still fun.

i had the default controls before, and i guess it was my instinct to press Up on the left stick, as in either move forward or move "up" off the ground. if pressing the default Ascend button (i forget which) together, i usually crashed without getting more than 5 feet off the ground. i changed to BF1 settings, and now its much easier for me to just use the left stick to control lift and yaw(?) and mouse for swivel/aiming. and i just changed my Fragnstein firmware last night, so maybe that will help out with being a bit more responsive.

its weird. i have always enabled other tank perks (usually dmg or alt-fire) yet i have noticed that ANYtime im in a tank, i have the glowing "radar" abillity. however i have run over mines and had no visual warning. and it doesnt show enemies in my immediate perimeter. im not sure whats going on, but its like i have the perk i selected, yet i still get the radar perk which is not working. weird. but still, if im in tank and rack up a few kills and stay alive more than a few minutes, ppl start getting annoyed. thats when the bring out their tracers or start RPGing/AT4ing and it only takes 2 shots to down a tank. if someone doesnt mark them, its pretty easy to be taken out quickly especially if ur in a street or basically anywhere they can hide behind cover and just pop their head out for a quick shot, then reload/repeat.

not a fan of any hardcore mode in any game. i actually *almost* like it in this game, but i cant stand friendly fire on. also, its just silly that u CAN actually use ur radar, just u have to press select or start to see it. the motion sensors can be seen by using that trick as well. but when u do that, u are frozen, and have to get in/out of that screen before doing anything, so u are very vulnerable and just takes the fun out of the game if u have to stop, press start, look at map, then get out and head in that direction. the idea of playing by your instincts alone is a cool concept, but it just makes a an already slow game ever more slow. i try to be patient, but thats just going too far for me.

meh. TBH i liked R1 alot, as it was the first PS3 game i had and i played it a ton, and met the core squirrels there. but R2 was very average. i personally love BFBC2. playing it solo all the time can be a drag, but if i had at least 1-3 players to party up with, the game is unbelievably fun. the whole concept of teamwork and actually working together to benefit each other is something we have never had as a clan, because none of the games advocated that type of play (except KZ2 very minimally). TBH, even with just a month of playing time, i may have formed a very strong attachment to the BF series, because i think it offers the most OVERALL enjoyment factor. u can run n gun. u can knife ppl. u can snipe realistically. u can destroy buildings. u can ride in tanks/choppers. u can get in gunfights. u can use limited perks with a purpose other than just selfish killing. u can help out ur team by performing tasks. (ammo, repair, medkit, spotting, sensors, commands). there is alot of depth to this game, and though my KD is shit, i adore it. i think it may also have to do with the fact im getting older, honestly, and i cant keep up with rapid shooters and twitch movements. sometimes i watch COD youtube vids and makes me sick (physically) from all the twitchiness. BF feels slower and has more purpose to me. i dont know what to expect for R3, but i imagine it will be pretty fast paced like R1. kinda depends on things like what atmosphere its in (small vs large maps / outdoors vs urban / weapon variation / controls / alternative weapons / perks or gadgets / etc.) i think to be fair, i am leaning more toward BF3...

nivasan6Date: Friday, 25/February/2011, 5:42:52 PM | Message # 18
Major general
I know where you're coming from regarding the radar glowing when in a tank, but I believe that in order for that to actually display the enemies you need to equip the optics perk. I'm not entirely sure, why that's even there when you don't have the optics equipped, but it's that way for every vehicle in the game, lol.

Friendly fire is one of the best things to have in any online multiplayer, I actually prefer it cause it feels much more realistic, and it's more fun too. I am disappointed that Killzone 3 has no friendly fire, so checking to see if a teammate is yours or an Infiltrator isn't much fun without friendly fire. The same concept should be applied to BC2's hardcore mode. They shouldn't have anything displayed, except for people in squads. I mean take away all elements that allows players the ability to distinguish who is a teammate and who isn't. I don't think hardcore mode slows down the game, sure if you're constantly pausing and unpausing. But, then again why even bother doing that?

The Battlefield series is great especially those outside the BC universe. I first started playing Battlefield with Battlefield 2, and I then played a little of both Vietnam (the old PC title, not BC2's expansion) and 2142. If you really want teamwork, then I highly suggest Battlefield 2 as there are plenty of stuff to do in that game. I don't usually like twitch shooters either, but three come in mind that are both twitch and heavily dependent on teamwork: Team Fortress 2, Unreal Tournament, and Counter Strike.

KuzuDate: Saturday, 26/February/2011, 12:33:18 PM | Message # 19
The Clan Elder
well im having more and more fun with this game. KD is very slightly beginning to improve, as i try to ween myself from spawning in the middle of the enemy base and dying in 2 seconds. im starting to meet ppl 2, since im trying to use my mic more. when that happens, and when ppl talk back, it makes the game so much fun. ive never been part of this whole team thing, and its so much more satisfying than blowing up random ppl with overpowered killstreaks. the servers dont seem wholly stable, as u may have suggested, cuz i still die alot though i swear i put a full AR clip into a guy, who still waltzes thru and kills me. i do have some frustration with the game, but its about 1/10th of the amount i felt with COD games.

my biggest gripe with this game is that ppl do NOT show up on radar even when firing (non-silenced) guns. i think they either have to be marked, or ur crosshairs had to be within a very strict radius of the person firing in order for them to show up. i cant count the number of times someone starts shooting 2-3 bullets at me from the side, but doesnt show up on radar. or i hear a sniper taking shots from a bush, but with no radar he just sits there concealed, then takes me out from behind with a pistol before i can even find him. for ppl used to radar abilities, this is a pretty big flaw with the game. im not sure what their justification for it is, but i find it to be pretty stupid. i realize games want to be different, but this is a feature that should be inherent in any FPS game on the market today.

other than that, and the occasion spawn-camp-rape, i dont have much negative to say about the game. its hard to believe that a majority of the ppl actually play their roles correctly. squads and spawning together is such a small detail on paper, but is really what makes this game so fun and challenging. and i guess im becoming very involved with vehicles. i try to get in one every chance i get. tanks being my favorite. i think assault is my class that suits me best, since i like pop-firing from medium or long distances. i always loved Scavenger perk for COD, so this is a perfect fit for me. gettign sleepy. cya.

redhamuSLADate: Sunday, 27/February/2011, 0:24:05 AM | Message # 20
Our Sexy Leader
Put up some vids, dick!

KuzuDate: Sunday, 27/February/2011, 2:21:51 AM | Message # 21
The Clan Elder
Quote (redhamuSLA)
Put up some vids, dick!

im not 5% of the perfectionist that Guz is.. (how many years must we wait for him to upload something for the public?) but even i have some standards.

i really dont think anyone wants to see a 30-22 game that lasts 35minutes. or a 12min game (so fast by BF standards!) in which i get 11 kills...

i mean, just looking at my stats for the first 2 weeks playing this, compared to Black Ops. i got 1500 kills in BF, i got 5700 in BOps.. that gives u a taste of how different things are. i have barely even been recording anyway cuz the games are so long and i never get in a good rythym, unless its a rout.

redhamuSLADate: Sunday, 27/February/2011, 3:35:19 AM | Message # 22
Our Sexy Leader
Yeah, I remember 'BlameTruth' saying something about it not being a good game for gameplay commentary cuz it's relatively slow going.

How about a montage or sped up vid to action points?

KuzuDate: Monday, 28/February/2011, 1:10:06 AM | Message # 23
The Clan Elder
montage and video editing = massive time eater.
im not so adverse to it, but i cant seem to edit them effectively. it takes me ages to set up the short ass 10 second clip, and when i restart Vegas on subsequent days, i seem to get some loading errors ("xx video file not located, would you like to manually search for it?" or some crap). so im not sure i want to try and tackle that beast.

GuzmanDate: Monday, 28/February/2011, 6:28:06 PM | Message # 24
Lieutenant general
It does that if you move the file, silly. Or your wife is deleting em, which seems probable?

KuzuDate: Monday, 28/February/2011, 7:01:35 PM | Message # 25
The Clan Elder
no not moving things. but its just weird. the filesave picks the wrong one, i dunno. when i edit something like a montage, then open up Vegas the next day, it doesnt open the files smoothly and parts seem to be missing. i dont really remember what was wrong, but i remember it being a pain.

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 01/March/2011, 12:11:36 PM | Message # 26
Major general
Yea, Kuz, let's see those vids of you getting 11 kills. I think I got only 5 kills once playing about 15 mins of Conquest, lol.

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 01/March/2011, 10:51:00 PM | Message # 27
The Clan Elder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKEHUtVUsvc&feature=related

hope u like it!

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 02/March/2011, 1:07:33 PM | Message # 28
Major general
I did not like it at all! I thought you were going to post some vids, then I saw the title and thought; "hey, this isn't Kuzu's!", lol.

Just kidding, it's a decent video.

redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 09/March/2011, 7:35:15 AM | Message # 29
Our Sexy Leader
Can you guys post up some beasts at BFBC2, please? I'm talking regular type gameplay, doing what they are supposed to be doing. I am almost to the point where I might consider getting the game, as a "filler" game. I don't know if I'd be able to handle it if it was hella slow or whatever. I'm also worried that BF would make me lazy or something, like by the time R3 comes I wouldn't be able to keep up or something. LOL. As such, I'm also considering going back to Halo:Reach. At least there I know my individual skill is rewarded as well as team play/communication. The only thing that sucks there is that none of the Squirrels have the 3shitty. (>_<)

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 09/March/2011, 7:02:05 PM | Message # 30
The Clan Elder
there really arent beasts at the game, not in the same way there are for COD games, etc.

reason being is that it really isnt about the individual. if a player does really good, most likely they are not playing the objective, in which case (as with alot of my vids) are purely selfish and have little value. (well depends on what u want to see, i guess). there are some vids of guys, going in squads, that just pub rape, but that again is a lopsided win. so im not sure what ur looking for?

do u want to see someone destroying the opposition in TDM style games playing like Rambo?
do want to see a team of great players, demolishing their opponents?
do u want to see an average game, people working together, but not impressive scores?

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Battlefield » Battlefield Bad Company 2
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024