[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Page 3 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Battlefield » Battlefield Bad Company 2
Battlefield Bad Company 2
redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 09/March/2011, 7:33:31 PM | Message # 31
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
D, all of the above! I'd like to see the different ways the game can be played & played well in that area. (^_-)b

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 09/March/2011, 10:41:27 PM | Message # 32
The Clan Elder
already linked this before, but this is a pretty good one (assualt/rush)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp87567rH60&feature=channel_video_title

this is good for a LOL and quick 1min entertainment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osJotDmniRs&feature=channel_video_title

i like this guy cuz hes relaxed, not super elite, and is down to earth. gives a basic look at an average game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBVYVgeBB38&feature=channel_video_title

Edit: im not sure how much u played 1943 (i actually have the code to play it but havent tried it yet) or how similar they are, but i can pretty much say this: i dont think BF is a game you will enjoy. maps are big, much less killing (my 2nd "stat period" is complete. my kills are over 50% less in BF compared to COD games for a similar 2week period), and it takes a bit to rank up and unlock better upgrades. the only mode u will enjoy is Squad deathmatch, which uses "smaller" maps (but still probably the size of a big COD map...), with your squad (4) vs 3 other squads. conquest is basically domination with 3-4 flags on "medium" sized BF maps, which are still bigger than a COD big map. and rush.. well.. i can say thats not your cup of tea. fuckoff huge maps, teamwork only, objective game.

im not looking down on u buddy, its just that i know ur playing style. u really have to be patient, and although i try to be AMAP (as much as possible; i made an acronym!), there are times when i just sprint around to find kills, which just gets me killed. then i have to start at the base spawn point or spawn on squadmates trapped under fire. u really have to play cool in OJB games, and work together, so it doesnt really suit a solo-style run n gunner that well IMO.

i dont want to discourage anyone from getting this, because for me, it has been the most enjoyable FPS experience ive ever had. and i desperately want to play with friends, not just strangers, since that makes the game all the more satisfying. if u understand all the points i described (in the R3 thread) and still think that sounds good, i would get it. if none of that appeals to u, i would be cautious.

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 10/March/2011, 6:23:32 AM | Message # 33
Our Sexy Leader
Where did you get the game? Some kind of special offer or something?

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 15/March/2011, 10:29:34 PM | Message # 34
The Clan Elder
did u end up getting the game red?

ive had to play solo for the past couple of weeks now, and its really taking the pleasure out of this game. while i had (and have) such positive reactions to this game, im really struggling lately when put on shitty squads, cant even join a squad (they are full) or just getting stomped by groups of rank 50 guys.

when i go and watch your (then eventually mine) Youtube clips of COD, it makes me sad knowing i could kill so quickly there. i dont know my stats for BOs (including time played) but for BFBC2, i have ~4100 kills after ~5100 minutes (86hrs) played... that is LESS than 1 kill per minute!! seriously.. i play a 15 min game and i may or may not even break 10 kills sometimes. considering i barely even snipe anymore, that makes me feel pathetic. COD may be this or that, but im starting to miss all the killing. and being able to actually get multi-kills from weapons alone.

redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 16/March/2011, 9:21:01 AM | Message # 35
Our Sexy Leader
No, not yet. Tbh, I don't know when I'll be getting it and/or even signing in.

I was trying to get into Tokyo the day the earthquake hit to buy it, but obviously it was a no-go. I haven't logged in since the morning before the earthquake, dude. I personally couldn't get myself to indulge in my usual escapism when so much was going on here. It seemed very much in bad form. Additionally, I was trying to help conserve energy. Either way, I'm mad stressing out here.

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 17/March/2011, 8:55:23 AM | Message # 36
Major general
Group: Moderators
I just had my worst performance in all my years of gaming. 2 and 13 in a full round of Conquest under Hardcore mode, lol.

To counter that I also had one of my best kills. I killed an entire squad in a Blackhawk with my tank. They were flying straight at me and I carefully landed a perfect shot at them. The shell went right through the front penetrating through the glass. I wish there was a replay feature so that I could post it for you guys.

KuzuDate: Thursday, 17/March/2011, 6:58:33 PM | Message # 37
The Clan Elder
last night finally had a buddy playing this game. i join, hes playing vietnam on hardcore, and its 3 v 0.. so i quickly help cap points and win. next game, something equally as stupid, so i leave. go back to playing normal modes, and constantly get put on teams with low ranks, and play against clans of full ranks. i dont know what happened, but my enjoyment level for this game has suddenly and drastically plummeted. the last couple weeks, no one plays it, i get rocked constantly, and ppl just do dumb things in your squad. i was definitely quick to jump the gun and call this one of my favorite FPS series. im not so sure of that anymore.

for the same reasons u may hate COD, and the reasons we all played it, i put the opposite standards on BF. i loved the fact it was team oriented and such a big scale, but now, without having any support from teammates, im seeing why this game can really suck. COD was all about greed; getting kills for yourself to build a killstreak. BF is all about group strength, so without a good team its just a constant suicide mission. both are on the extreme side. completely selfish vs completely team oriented. fuck isnt there a game in the middle?

im seriously considering not putting this game in my PS3 anymore. maybe i wont get BF3 after all.

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 17/March/2011, 7:18:44 PM | Message # 38
Major general
There is a game in the middle, but you don't like it, lol. Killzone 3 has both aspects of those two franchises.

I'm not a fan of the BC series, but it is quite enjoyable but equally as frustrating too. Too many bloody medics, and they just use that class for the stupid lmg's. I said this earlier, but the matchmaking is shit in BC. Server lists would be much more appropriate. I love the original BF games as they were complex yet simple and enjoyable enough to get your kill fix.

I guess I'm used to the whole team based games, and losing as a team. Hell, it's even worse in MAG. A 30 minute game can end in 10 minutes because the other team is garbage.

It was fun having another person "agreeing with me" on the importance of teamwork in games.

I've been sick of playing online lately, it's not as fun as it used to be (talking in general here for all games).

KuzuDate: Friday, 18/March/2011, 8:56:09 PM | Message # 39
The Clan Elder
i think for people with a big clan, one in which a guaranteed 4+ players play the same game at a given time, team games are so much more fun and offer such a rewarding dynamic. when i actually get in a squad in BC2, and people are working together, ive never had as much pleasure as the feeling of helping teammates and going for the objective, using group strategy instead of individual skills.

i feel like i have said this dozens of times, but i just want to play a game where all of us (squirrels or allies) actually play cooperatively, not just on the same team. i feel like we have played a fair share of games (R1, R2, KZ2, COD 6/7) but we never actually played like a clan. this disappoints me greatly, and i know i was part to blame. but i just have this huge yearning to use our collective tactics in a group setting, not just individual skills x5 or whatever. this is why i had such hopes for BF games. there is something about it that just automatically change my mentality and pull for the team, not just myself. maybe cuz it is a slower paced game, it really forces u to rely on squadmates and work together, what with all the drawbacks of playing solo and having no support.

at the same time, i have come to realize this. in COD, more than greed, the outcome of the game was very largely based on the connection. it will never be fun/effective for anyone outside the host region to play, therefore it severely limits what can be done and who we can play with. this in itself ruins any semblance of fun, since i truly want to play as a clan. in BF games, from what i can tell, the games are severely limited if you dont have a good squad. so playing solo means you will get trashed and lose out on the fun, cooperative team play that others take advantage of.

you might be right. KZ may be the in-between game. im really looking at any MP game, no matter what genre, as long its its fun. as of now, BF is not fun, since im playing solo, getting crappy spawns, and losing easily both in terms of game result and gunfights. i would honestly love to play some kind of LOTR MP game, if a new one existed. there was one a year or 2 ago; i played the demo, and it was actually pretty cool. the new game Battle in the North or something, is SP so forget that. ive looked into games like Brink, which is kinda a cartoony FPS, with skills/classes very similar to KZ. if u have any suggestions for summer/fall FPS games that maybe we havent heard of, pls introduce them. im very open to new ideas, but would like to stay in the MP field, hopefully FPS.

so basically, i have a request for squirrels. if we actually play the same game, i would like to stress the importance of playing as a group, cooperatively and supporting everyone, instead of the usual 'playing your own style' even if partied up. for one, using mics. weve stopped doing this, for whatever reason, but i think its just a waste. i will use my mic as much as i can from now on, cuz i know it makes the game more fun and tactically advantageous. second, i would be so grateful if we could actually support each other in different roles, helping each other as a group instead of giving our best individual effort. i really think this is something we are lacking as a clan. we talk, we share alot of things on these forums, we seem to put a lot of effort in getting to know each other, yet when we get in the game its almost as if its every man for himself. even something simple like rolling in 2s or 3s. without communication, this is very hard, hence the need for mics. and it would be great if we could coordinate things a little more tactically. hopefully u guys agree with these points so we can put them into action.

banion7Date: Saturday, 19/March/2011, 6:45:55 PM | Message # 40
Colonel
Kuz, kudos and I'm down with this.

I, unlike red have continued my regular indulgence as far as playstation goes, Not that I feel I need to defend my actions but I have however made monetary contributions and others of the more intangible internalized sort to the survivors and victims of these terrible goings on up north.

Still in a bit of denial perhaps to the gravity of it all...

To play together, to really play together we need to get on the same game and on the same page. I agree that connection was a major factor for fun quotient in BOs, therefore I do not play it anymore but I dont get the same feeling in MW2, which I do play. I see that swarming J clans do apply teamwork and tactics to great success in TDM...

The tactics part I think we can find some common ground on. Maybe there would be some differences on stuff like "Team Objective" and Individual Goals etc. Of course a workable balance is possible, but if we played stuff like COD I think we would probably gradually fall back into our usual habits... Is that such a bad thing though??

KuzuDate: Monday, 21/March/2011, 3:13:35 AM | Message # 41
The Clan Elder
i guess thats what i mean. i dont think its such a bad thing to stick with individual habits. its natural that we want to play the way we each feel comfortable with. im not trying to suggest we must fall into some kind of organized military structure and adhere to strict rules. but i just feel like we are missing out on so much more fun with having a little purpose. if we found another COD-like game, thats fine, but the only thing is that its like we all play solo 100% of the time, even if we have squirrels on the same team.

playing BFBC2, when i had a decent squad, made me realize that teams, organization, coordination can not only be fun but extremely important. i never felt that way with any COD game, nor Resi game. we really dont need organization in COD games, but id maybe like to find some game that we can all play and still work together a bit more.

nivasan6Date: Monday, 21/March/2011, 12:54:24 PM | Message # 42
Major general
Kuzu, Brink is a really good game judging from all the previews I've seen and read. I'm actually looking forward to it, but I won't be buying anything new for some time because I'm getting the Hero edition of inFAMOUS 2. SOCOM 4 comes out in April, it isn't what you're looking for, but it should be a good game. Judging from the videos I've been watching teamwork is important, but I don't think you will lose a match because you have terrible players. Individual skill can also be a major factor in SOCOM games.

The new Operation Flashpoint: Red River game looks amazing, but it does not have competitive multiplayer. It has online co-op, which looks promising.
http://ps3.ign.com/objects/082/082114.html

The new Duke Nukem game is coming this year, but I'm still not sure if it has multiplayer.

Rage looks phenomenal and it's by the people who created Doom and Quake. Not sure if it has multiplayer.

Those are basically the "big" games that I know of that are coming this year. They all look really good and fun, and all of them are different from one another. I'm trying to stay away from fps games for awhile, lol. But, Killzone 3 is probably your best bet for what you're looking for. I haven't played it in a bit as I am waiting for their big patch that will add and improve features. But, they have made significant changes to the multiplayer.

In terms of the clan working together, Alu and I always worked together when we played Killzone 2. He always gave us health packs, and I used give out enemy positions. I have improved substantially as playing as team since I've been playing MAG.

Just found out that Duke Nukem Forever will feature multiplayer:
http://www.ps3trophies.org/news....ed.html

Message edited by nivasan6 - Monday, 21/March/2011, 12:57:17 PM

KuzuDate: Monday, 21/March/2011, 10:53:37 PM | Message # 43
The Clan Elder
thx for the info niva.

did look at some games (trailers) before u posted this.
** Duke Nukem looks just as cheezy/poor graphics as before. its funny, at the end of the trailer u hear someone saying "how was it?" to which Duke replies, "its kickass. but it should be after 12 years." or something to that effect. but really, it looks like garbage. lol
** i have nothing against tactical shooters in theory (might even be a fun change of pace) but i fear/expect/assume that it will have the same end result as playing BF games. great fun when u have a decent squad. absolutely painful when u have random dumdums. i dont think i should bite, again, on team-based games unless the squirrels are going to take the plunge as well. from the trailers,socom looked very team-y, which is great if ppl are caring about each other. i just cant depend on randoms to act appropriately or with any sense of honor.
** i remember a slight bit of teamwork in KZ2, but other than that, just about nothing. its not our faults really, its the games that we play. but i think its a very tough argument to convince everyone to play team-based games just to please me. lol?
** saw some SP games and heres what i thought:
Prototype2 looks awesome. i hear its an open world game so its not just a linear, pre-determined set of events. looks freaking beastly if i was into SP. then i watched the trailer for Crisis2, and honestly thought it looked very similar, but not as good. (mainly, im talking about the atmosphere. the initial visual/audio impact.) Prototype2 just looked more interesting IMO. but anyways, about a 1% chance of seeing me buy any SP-only game.
** Brink looked ok, but if i got that, i might as well just play KZ3 since it will have more ppl and more support and has the same classes, to the T.

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 22/March/2011, 4:27:02 PM | Message # 44
Major general
I forgot about Crysis 2. I was not impressed by that shitty multiplayer demo, but their class and ranking system is top notch. I would get Crysis 2, but from that demo the gameplay just seems off and not worth the purchases especially for consoles. I do like that they have a 10+ single player campaign. Kuzu, have you tried the demo? If you haven't, you may like the game. It has what you're looking for. The customization of classes and weapons is off the charts, and there are plenty of ranks too. You can play as a team or dominate by yourself.

In terms of single player games, inFAMOUS is much better than Prototype. inFAMOUS is a true superhero game.

Are you getting Killzone 3? One thing that Brink has over Killzone 3 is the character customization.

The reviews are in, and it seems that people really enjoyed Crysis 2, though I'm not sure if that has anything to do with how amazing it looks. From the first game everything is streamlined and the variety from Crysis is somewhat lost. In Crysis you were able to go about the mission anyway you wanted, if you wanted to show up in a vehicle than you can get one. But, in Crysis 2 you can't do that. The multiplayer in Crysis also featured vehicles, but there doesn't seem to be any in Crysis 2. I was looking forward to Crysis 2, but it only seems to be disappointing me the same way that Killzone 3 disappointed me. Does that mean that they aren't good games, no, both are really good games. Hell both are game of the year contenders, and they're both better than most of the fps games out now.

Message edited by nivasan6 - Tuesday, 22/March/2011, 4:49:12 PM

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 22/March/2011, 7:02:25 PM | Message # 45
The Clan Elder
thx again niva.
ill look some more into crisis2. i thought i DLed the demo, but i guess i only got the trailer. ill try to get to that after i finish RDR... which may be a while! that game never ends. haha.

to be brutally honest, one of the reasons im shying away from BF now is that i want to record games and make my YT channel grow. i havent posted anything for more than a month, simply because i have very few good BC2 games, and even then, they lasted 15-25min and i dont want to edit/render, which will take me hours upon hours. something good about COD games is that they always have action, lots of kills, and can be as short as 3minutes sometimes with 30 kills. those are all winning formulas for YT viewers. anyways, that is not my only goal, but if i can somehow have fun playing games, get noticed (no matter how slow the process), and eventually get paid for doing that (no matter how low the return), that would make me a happy camper.

i appreciate all the reviews and info from you, niva. thanks man.
i think the rest of us (besides u and alu) tend to get trapped in the same genre of games, and dont really explore other things. then again, u 2 seem to have a whole library of games. thats gotta put a dink in your pocketbook eh?

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Battlefield » Battlefield Bad Company 2
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024