KuzuDate: Monday, 22/August/2011, 11:47:28 PM | Message # 76
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JAMt2LiMwc

animated stabby kills, c4 montage. jeaah

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 23/August/2011, 10:38:55 PM | Message # 77
The Clan Elder
if anyone is interested, here is some consolidated BF3 info. ignore the japanese if u wish, or use it as study material (its definitely wrong, especially the grammar, but the points get across).

1*There are a number of weapons that you can unlock in co-op and take with you to the regular multiplayer modes.
コープでは通常のマルチプレイヤーモードで使用するいくつかの武器をアンロックすることができます。
-----
2*BF3 will also ship with a co-op campaign out of the box.
普通のバージョンにもコープも含めてる(無料)。
-----
3*All of the co-op missions contain randomized elements to keep every playthrough fresh.
コープのミッションのすべては、毎回を同じパターンしないためにランダム要素があります。
-----
4*Compared to both BF2 and BC2, there is a larger focus in BF 3 on weapon authenticity and real life handling.
BF2とBC2より、BF3には武器の特性・本質・本物の取扱いをもっと集中する。もっとリアル。
-----
5*...details like reloads, mobility, bullet trajectories, and how the caliber and barrel length determines muzzle velocity and energy.
本物的な再装弾、機動力(重さ)、弾丸の弾道(スナだけじゃない)。そして弾丸の直径と銃身の長さによって速度と力も影響する。
-----
6*Compared to BC2, BF3 will have more than 10 times the hardware unlocks...
BC2と比べたら、BF3のアンロック(武器・付属品・戦争機器・乗り物)が10倍以上です!
-----
7*There are 100 possible Service Stars .... for weapon skill, your vehicle, your kit, and your overall rank.
武器、乗り物、仕事、ランクも100starsまでに可能です。
-----
8*The mantra we keep coming back to when designing Battlefield 3 is “play it your way”. (unprecedented flexibility)
BF3デザイナーのモットは「好きなように遊んで」。武器・付属品が空前の選び方・やり方。
-----
9*Heavy barrel...gives added accuracy for single shots, but stronger recoil in semi/full auto mode.
「重銃身」という付属品を使ったら、シングル・ショットの武器精度がUPけどセミオートとフルオートのリコイルが強くなる。
-----
10*For jets...Maverick ATG missiles to take out tanks or AA missiles to dogfight airborne threats.
ジェット機が対戦車ミサイル又は対空ミサイルから選びます。
-----
11*With your Engineer, do you bring your anti-tank or your anti-air RPG launcher?
工兵が対戦車又は対空RPGから選びます。(トレーサ無し?地雷は?)
-----
12*You’ll be able to choose a design (hundreds) that goes with an in-game stat that gets tracked dynamically.
何百のdog tags(認識票)から選ぶ。1つの統計も含めてる (例えばナイフkills)。
-----
13*...perform one of the new, brutal knife takedowns ...with a new animation system.
後ろからナイフで殺したら、特別なアニメーションが見える。
-----
14*Battelog = free service, real-time stats, player progression, friend comparison, friend status, chat, mail, etc.
無料サービス、リアルタイム統計、出世、友と比べる、友の現在状況(ゲームモード・マップ)、メール・チャット、等
-----
15*The Assault soldier now has medic abilities (defibrillator + health packs or grenade launcher).
アサルトが弾薬じゃなく、衛生兵能力になる。(除細動器 + 薬又はグレラン)
-----
16*Engineer’s arsenal includes Carbine weapons.
工兵がカービン系なアサルト・ライフルも選べる。(例えばM4A1-Carbine)
-----
17*Prone - Bipods - Flashlights (Engineer) - Infra-Red Laser Sight (enemy can see) - Jets
腹臥位 - バイポッド - 懐中電灯 (工兵)- 赤外線レーザー照準器 (敵が見える) - ジェット機
-----
18*Suppressive Fire = blur effect on his screen... and also affects his in-game firing accuracy. (+ small xp)
援護射撃 = 敵の画面がぼやける。そして武器精度が下がる。(+ 少し経験ポイント)
-----
19*...new teamplay oriented gadgets specifically for the Recon class so he can be a team player (UAV?)
チームともっと協力するために、スナイパーが新しいガジェットを使える。(UAVかなぁ?)
-----
20*We are bringing Team Deathmatch back // (デザイナーの考え) Does teamplay have to be squad based...?
チームデスマッチ有り。このモードで4人パーティ組み合うじゃなくて、ただone-teamかも。
-----
21*and you will have the option to play infantry only matches.
歩兵だけモード可能!
-----
22*New Frostbite "Destruction 2.0"
新しいゲーム・エンジンの破壊がもっとすごいぜ~!
-----
23*Engineer class can use an EOD robot to repair vehicles and disarm M-COM stations. (seen in trailer)
乗り物の修繕する+M-COMを解除するために、工兵がリモコンEOD(爆発物処理)ロボットを使える!(予告編で見た)

GuzmanDate: Thursday, 25/August/2011, 2:26:58 PM | Message # 78
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
Thanks for the info dude.

Quote (Kuzu)
6*Compared to BC2, BF3 will have more than 10 times the hardware unlocks...

That's.... alot yeah? It was already pretty hefty in BF2 wasn't it?

Quote (Kuzu)
18*Suppressive Fire = blur effect on his screen... and also affects his in-game firing accuracy. (+ small xp)

How does the game differentiate between "suppressive" & "normal" fire? Or does just simply shooting someone or in their direction count? It's neat but IDK if I'd like that.

Quote (Kuzu)
21*and you will have the option to play infantry only matches.

Nice.

Quote (Kuzu)
22*New Frostbite "Destruction 2.0"
新しいゲーム・エンジンの破壊がもっとすごいぜ~!

Atarashii gemu enjin! Uh, seriously though, why'd you bother w/ the Japanese?

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 25/August/2011, 5:10:05 PM | Message # 79
Our Sexy Leader
COD KILLER LMAO by ELPRESADOR

CONCLUSIVE SCIENTIFIC TEST#3 THE REACTIONS by ELPRESADOR

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 25/August/2011, 7:30:22 PM | Message # 80
Major general
red, those were some hilarious videos. I didn't watch the whole video of any of them, so I don't really know if the guy was serious or not. But, it was still hilarious. Excellent find.

KuzuDate: Thursday, 25/August/2011, 8:54:33 PM | Message # 81
The Clan Elder
Quote (Guzman)

(re: 10x hardware unlocks)
That's.... alot yeah? It was already pretty hefty in BF2 wasn't it?
-----
(re: suppressive fire)
How does the game differentiate between "suppressive" & "normal" fire? Or does just simply shooting someone or in their direction count? It's neat but IDK if I'd like that.
-----
(re: infantry only)
Nice.
-----
Uh, seriously though, why'd you bother w/ the Japanese?

1. (you meant BC2 right?) there is a fair amount of unlocks in BC2, but less than recent COD games. ok, so i went and counted 62 usable weapons/gadgets, but maybe some of them dont count as "unlocks": knife, starting weapons, etc. then again, i dont see some unlocks like sights, medkit related, so there are a few more. anyways, even if we are conservative lets call it 50 for a nice round number. that would make 500 unlocks in BF3... !! fuck me friday!

2. good question. when they mention suppressive fire, they always do it when talking about the support class, and after talking about LMGs. not sure if everyone else can cause it as well, though it would make sense if they do. anyways, i have no idea how they will measure it, but im going to assume: rate of fire (ie must be fully auto rounds), number of bullets (ie 5+ 10+) within a certain very small time frame (ie 3-5 seconds: which is basically saying "ROF" lol), and proximity (ie within a 5-foot semi-circle with center point around his torso). those are just guesses, but i have faith DICE will do a good job and make this as accurate to real-life encounters as possible. i think this is a fucking awesome detail (excuse my french): its a vital effect to add even more authenticity to an already rather realistic FPS, it quite a unique feature (unprecedented? im sure niva will tell me im wrong! lol) or at least one hardly seen in FPS, and its another interesting challenge to deal with.

3. infantry only is probably the best new feature they could possibly include. im not going to deny i like jumping in (just about any!) vehicle, because shit, its fun. but yah it can be a pain in the ass too when teams are abusing them to the point where its not an FPS anymore. this is why i like DICE... they actually listen to what their fans ask and they deliver in full.

4. i was compiling the list little by little for myself (in english) but decided to share it on a site with some new J-friends. i dont know if im officially part of their "clan" but basically im partying up with them in bc2 (and for bf3) and it has changed how i view the game. im finally part of a team that works together and dont have to worry about spawn issues. (PS im not leaving my squirrel heritage, im just gaining some new J-buddies to expand my horizons).

@red
no knock intended, as im sure that guy is funny, but the instant i read his description i closed the YT page. COD and BF are not comparable, as they focus on completely different things, so im sick of hearing COD fan boys (was i one?) rave about why its so much better. i guess you already gave up on BF after a few games, but its too bad you couldnt join now when i actually have ppl to play with: then you could see what teamwork does for the game and maybe your enjoyment factor would increase. maybe.

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 25/August/2011, 9:59:48 PM | Message # 82
Major general
All this Battlefield 3 talk makes me want the game again. Either way, I won't have enough funds for it this year. So, I will have to wait till next year, or maybe I'll get it as a Christmas gift. If I wait till next year, I won't really have the need to play it since Starhawk and Twisted Metal are coming early next year. Either way I still have interest in the franchise, but my funds are limiting me to a few games this year. Maybe I should pop in BC2 to see if my stats are back normal, though I highly doubt it since I believe they were overridden with my reset stats.

The infantry only battle has been in Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142. I'm not sure if it was in Battlefield 1942 or Vietnam as well, but I know for a fact it was in BF2 and BF2142. It is a good addition, and they tried doing something similar in BC2, but they stuck one vehicle in it.

Kuzu, I'm with you on the whole cod vs BF war. It's overplayed and they shouldn't be compared anyway. It's only going on because they are releasing within the same time frame, and people usually compare them because they're both fps's. I also hate when people put down other games just because they are releasing the same time as cod and BF3. I was on some gaming sites reading articles and comments, and almost every comment talked about how no one was going to play that particular game because BF3 is coming out. I like team spirit, but that is a bit too far. I'm not hating on fanboys, as I am one myself, but sometimes they go too far. I know I go take matters far as well, but I'm trying to reduce that as often as possible, lol.

Kuzu, I hope you enjoy the game, as I'm sure you would. Let me know how the jets are. I should be in the beta for Battlefield 3, but in case there are no jets in it, I want to know how they feel on the PS3. On PC I know the jets will run the show similar to how it is on BF2.

GuzmanDate: Thursday, 25/August/2011, 10:45:30 PM | Message # 83
Lieutenant general
Quote (Kuzu)
1. (you meant BC2 right?) there is a fair amount of unlocks in BC2, but less than recent COD games.

Yeah, sorry. 500 is definitely alot, but I'd wonder how they could actually get so many in there. I get the feeling it would be stuff like "Red-Dot 1, Red-Dot 2," etc.. Customization is always good though, & even if it were like that it's not like it'd deter me from getting it.

It seems from uh, "real life" that any sort of gun fire would be considered suppressive, regardless of its an LMG or shotty. If the initiator blurs his opponent's screen every time, that would be lame.

Agree. Simply adding the mode for infantry only is nice & it doesn't drastically change the game for long time fans.

Ah, gotcha. That's good man! I'm glad you're finding some dude to game w/ on there.

Message edited by Guzman - Thursday, 25/August/2011, 10:46:07 PM

nivasan6Date: Friday, 26/August/2011, 7:20:04 PM | Message # 84
Major general
Not sure if this was posted or not, but this blog details some of the weapon mods. There are supposedly 50 guns in the game too.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlef.....aspx##

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 30/August/2011, 0:05:16 AM | Message # 85
The Clan Elder
@guz
well TBH the 500 (assuming thats what itll be) seems like a lot, but as you said it could just be alot of redundant options. as niva said, there are 50 weapons (confirmed) and 3 slots for each gun. so thats 150 right there. there are 2 ability perks which can be leveled up. there are a bunch of new sights/gadgets as well. then we have to take into consideration that they are making vehicle usage, perks, and customization as part of the unlock tree. so you can choose different abilities for your vehics and i think i even heard them say the placement of things is customizable. (for example: having a .50 cal gun vs having a guided missile as 2ndary weapon on tank).

anyways, im not all that impressed; rather a bit disappointed with the amount of weapons. that is exactly the same amount (perhaps less) than what we have in BC2. which is decent, at 7 weapons per gun type, but quite a few of them behave exactly the same. that makes it seem like only a few unique weapons for each type. meh im sure it will be fun, just wish/hope they make sure to make all DIFF types of guns; no repeats.

@niva
yah im the king of hype, but as we all know hype can be very misleading. im a bit worried about the jets, because if they are anything like apache choppers... well.. they just might ruin any type of fun when playing as a ground-based soldier. hopefully ppl will use them to engage other jets instead of spawn-trap-raping as they do with choppers flying in a circle. but with all the goodies, im sure i will have fun with bf3. the only reason i can see myself being unhappy is if i perform poor/mediocre (which is a distinct possibility). i think in BC2 i go for the objective too much, so in a way i play less smart. when i was selfish in COD, i wouldnt care about the team, so i played smart. its kind of funny how that works.

@red
i went back and watched his vid. meh it was ok. though i went through his channel and found some other comparisons he made that give "scientific proof" why cod is better than bc2. it was pretty funny. in the vid i watched he basically did a running test (with himself as test subject...lol) and put it on slow-motion for bc2. not far from the truth about it being sluggish.

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 30/August/2011, 1:08:07 AM | Message # 86
Lieutenant general
Quote (Kuzu)
anyways, im not all that impressed; rather a bit disappointed with the amount of weapons.

Really? From what niv posted, they seem to being doing well on that front. Honestly, I actually like that 'someone' finally added a sniper bipod attachment. It's such an obvious one yet I've never seen one in any military shooter AFAIK.

Quote (Kuzu)
i think in BC2 i go for the objective too much, so in a way i play less smart. when i was selfish in COD, i wouldnt care about the team, so i played smart. its kind of funny how that works.

You get that too huh? Truthfully that's one of the reasons I don't like OBJ; I tend to have terrible judgement on when to attempt it & when to back off. I'll check the area.. OK, looks clear. *plant/steal/whatever* Then killed by someguy who just showed up or was hiding.

Then I'll be more cautious & no one will show up for the longest time. Eh.

Message edited by Guzman - Tuesday, 30/August/2011, 1:12:42 AM

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 30/August/2011, 1:10:54 PM | Message # 87
Major general
Guz, I know you haven't played it, but MAG has sniper bipods, so does the SOCOM franchise. Yea, sniper bipods make all the difference when sniping. Although it is kind of too easy sniping with a bipod.

I love objective games. Mainly because I like working as a team, and it also gives more variety to the game. In objective games it's not all about who had the most kills, in the end it's all about the team. I usually rush to the objective, and that seems to work well for me. I tend to do bad whenever I think things through, lol. I wait there for a long time thinking whether or not I should advance, and then I get killed. So, that's why I usually rush.

Kuzu, I know what you mean about the jets ruining the game. It was unbalanced in Battlefield 2, so hopefully they learned from their mistake and fix it. Seeing how you're getting it for the PS3, I don't see the jets posing much of a problem at all. I see them posing a problem on the PC because players can use their flight sticks. The choppers are much easier to fly than the jets in Battlefield. The jets in Battlefield, from experience, are really heavy and it's almost sim like in the way they handle. The same thing can't be said regarding the choppers. Don't get me wrong it takes a lot of skill to fly the choppers, but it's much easier than flying the jets. I look forward to the dog fighting in Battlefield 3.

Message edited by nivasan6 - Tuesday, 30/August/2011, 1:14:52 PM

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 30/August/2011, 9:40:47 PM | Message # 88
The Clan Elder
@guz
ur right about some of the new features; definitely some cool stuff. bipod, heavy barrel, real laser sight (that actually shines in the opponents eye for more realism), I heard claymores (considering the big maps, I like this. useful in buildings, for sniping or near the OBJ), silencers on primary weapons (BC2 only had silencers for SMGs and 2 sniper rifles), foregrip, upgradable perks (IIRC sprint2 gave a boost in the ~8% range, which is equivalent to Lightweight in Blops. this will make things more lively im sure), etc.

but im still a fan of more gun variety. the weapon choices (or maybe just performance) in BC2 don’t excite me as much as I would like. they all really feel just about exactly the same (same sound, characteristics, performance). sadly, out of the 5 weapon types (shotty, SMG, AR, LMG, sniper) I would say sniper has the most variety and flavor of the group. but 50+ weapons is not too shabby, and still a lot more than other games. stop complaining kuzu! its just that I plan to play bf3 for a long time, so the more variation the merrier.

its really weird how my game has changed so much from COD to BF. the instant I played this, there was something inside me that made me want to play as a team. maybe it’s the fact that the maps are so damn big, so running around by myself is just not as much fun as going into the action. focusing on the OBJ gives the game new purpose (literally!) for me, considering my past habits. instead of being an individual sport, it feels like a proper team sport which I grew up playing. but as im still a stat whore, I also don’t find it fun performing at a level so much lower than before. for the record, I have a 1.34KD which is a 34% decrease from a combined 2.03KD in COD games. (yes I love stats!) dying is never fun (at least when u know you can do better). but neither is playing completely selfish and ignoring the OBJ. I need to find a balance in between those. last night I was tearing shit up with the medic class (which I have really taken a liking to recently), murdering ppl left and right, healing myself, and reviving teammates. best of both worlds really. then again it was because it was on Vietnam, not vanilla, which made it so fun.

@niva
u can use bipods on any weapon now, I believe. I have seen them used with LMGs, snipers, and ARs. since the blog highlighted a seemingly M4 carbine with bipod, (and carbines fall into the SMG class used by engineers) we can assume all gun types can equip it.

agreed. playing for the OBJ just feels so dope when u work with teammates, cover each other, and spawn tactically. I cant believe how much fun ive had, even dying, while putting my all into getting that W. at the same time, I cant stand spawning on a dude in an attempt to save/take a base only to get killed that very instant (which is my own fault for choosing). I think trying too hard to win by playing one-track minded (win win!) in an attempt to blindly rush the OBJ -not that im saying u do that- also takes away a piece of my joy in gaming, which is to show/prove (to myself) that I can skillfully outmaneuver an opponent. brute force will definitely get the job done in BF, which can not be said of its rivals (by that I mean, constant spawning on your teammate, rushing the OBJ & pushing forward until the enemy is crushed). ive seen both ends of the spectrum (selfish vs team) and I can see the appeal in both sides. I would like to be 66% team-minded, 33% selfish so that I do what is needed for the team, yet still play pseudo-smart, stay alive and get kills (cant deny that I play FPS to kill…).

Ill take ur word on the jet flying. ive been trying to practice more with choppers, but I still find it handles very sluggish. even with a “mouse” controller, it really makes it very hard to maneuver effectively. (remember mine is not a duplicate or even near the precision control of a real mouse). then I see other ppl presumably on dualshock just spinning around and around in neat 360 circles. I can handle the UAV just fine (and its my 3rd best vehicle in terms of kills) but then again I basically just move up/down and strafe side-to-side. maybe the jet will actually be easier for me, since quick turns are not as important. I could go for bombing runs in a straight line instead of trying to dog fight. meh.

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 30/August/2011, 10:40:14 PM | Message # 89
The Clan Elder
@guz & Squirrels - RE: specific OBJ scenario
that is a good point. that’s exactly why playing for the team, individually, sucks donkey balls. if u have no one to cover u, no support, no coordination between teammates, playing for the OBJ can be one of the most frustrating experiences imaginable. but when u have lets say at least 3 other guys in ur squad who are willing to push up the map with u, who work as one unit, who will watch your back while u plant, and who sneak behind a bush so that you can respawn on them safely and continue the fight, it takes gaming to a whole new level. that type of playing is definitely much more rewarding than any arcade-style 40-kill steak you can get (especially since so many of those are perk/streak dependent). when it’s a coordinated effort, it actually feels like playing a team sport, so the goal of winning is what motivates you, not your kill tally. without support, its hard playing games like BF (which is why I stopped playing after my first stint). with a good squad or a few competent players (even strangers), even a game going 12-9 that takes 17 minutes (a fairly typical scenario for me) can be very satisfying if we played well together and earned the win. sure I would love to go 15-1 instead, but if all I did was snipe on the other side of the map and not help anyone, it would just feel dirty. so I guess I would like to reiterate (for the umpteenth time?) how much I would love to play in a squad with you guys in BF. I don’t even think teamwork is necessary in COD because individual skills can easily assure a victory (get uav, blackbird, chopper and they are fucked). its really so much different than just playing R3, UC3, COD911, or whatever and basically doing your own thing while in a party. playing in BF forces you to conscientiously work as a team to such a degree I haven’t seen in any other game ive played. (niva will surely have other opinions, but this is how I feel). and this feeling is fucking awesome. I don’t think we will really get this concept playing any other type of fast-ish FPSs out there. I don’t want ppl to feel they “wasted” $60 on a game just to appease my desires, but I truly feel this is where gaming is at. this is where the clan should be. this is a team game, which also has some of the best graphics, sound effects, customizations, authenticity, and overall military warfare realism ever created.

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 30/August/2011, 10:41:31 PM | Message # 90
Major general
Kuzu, I just play online for fun. I rarely care about winning unless it's Killzone, but other than that franchise I don't really care about winning. I will always help my team to win, don't get me wrong. Sometimes I even get the urge to bypass the objective and just go on a killing spree, lol. Whenever I rush, I always gather up some teammates, and go to the objective together. Sometimes I will go there myself, if I find my teammates incapable of accomplishing a simple task. That usually happens in Killzone, because not many people know how to play as a team, nor how to play the game, lol.

Bombing runs in a jet is mighty fun, and is a lot harder than you think. You have to get everything perfectly lined up if you want your bombing run to be successful. The choppers in BC2 are really easy to fly especially after playing BF2. Have you tried with the DualShock, to see if you fly better with your mouse controller or a regular controller? If not I suggest trying both. Even if you're not skilled at flying the chopper, the gunner seat is a great place to be. People who dominate with choppers usually have someone in the gunner seat. I myself prefer a tank to any other vehicle.

I wish I can still play BC2, but I don't want to start all over again, lol. I guess it's my own fault for not playing it, really. I guess I'll get my Battlefield fix from BF2. I was considering purchasing BF2142, as that game is also a lot of fun. The futuristic setting and weaponry is kind of goofy, but it's still a great game.

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Battlefield » Battlefield 3
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024