[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Crysis 2 - Page 2 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » Crysis 2
Crysis 2
redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 24/March/2011, 0:11:20 AM | Message # 16
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
According to the game's leaflet, there is FFA! Yeeeeeesssssss!

KuzuDate: Thursday, 24/March/2011, 0:30:54 AM | Message # 17
The Clan Elder
seems the J-version release date was pushed back from March 24th to April 1st, including Amazon.

im getting this game. yes, jumping the gun, but i dont care. now just gotta hope they have it in stock in Osaka DenDen town. if not, will be ordering from PlayAsia tonight.

duxy87Date: Thursday, 24/March/2011, 1:24:30 AM | Message # 18
Major general
Group: Moderators
Ok so without knowing, the particular Crysis2 I bought was a special limited edition, not paying any additional $. Just looking from the box, I get:

-Bonus XP: Access to preset classes plus a custom class

-Scar Weapon Skin: Scar Assault Digital Camoflage

-Weapon Attachment: Day 1 Access to Scar Hologram Decoy

-Unique Platinum Dog Tag: Display your multiplayer rank and stats

How wonderful! Does anyone know if this is just a first release thing? Or will everyone eventually get access to these bonuses? And what is the emphasis on the Scar? If it's anything like MW2 (which I don't think) then I'm a big fan of this!

Damn I'm so eager to play this to see what it's like but won't get a chance till after 10pm due to footy training. Once I do get to play and get a feel for it, will post up my views. Pity you guys were post-poned. Look forward to playing with ya k & r. My only concern is if lag is sustainable..????? and yes i can confirm it has FFA red.

smile

KuzuDate: Thursday, 24/March/2011, 1:43:59 AM | Message # 19
The Clan Elder
dux. red got the same edition, so it seems like thats a first release thing. and F-you both! now i want the game, but cant find a copy.

im having trouble deciding where to buy from. help!

A.) buy asian version from PlayAsia or HMV Hong Kong. both trusted sites. sells for ~$50 or 4000yen. great price. but then need to expedite shipping, another $10+ and wait 2-5 days till i get it.
B.) buy asian version from japanese site ive never used at 5000yen and will get delivered on Sunday.
C.) wait till i get off work and go scrounging thru the streets in Osaka (but already called the biggest shop, and they dont have it). this has 2 disadvantages; wife will know i was doing some funny stuff, and if i cant find it and have to order online, it might be delayed until next week. even if i did find it, would probably go for ~8000yen, which is double...

but i want this game. and i want it now! jeebus christ, im impatient when i want something.

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 24/March/2011, 4:57:18 AM | Message # 20
Our Sexy Leader
So far, this game is DOPE. I only had enough time to play a couple of hours, however & now it's back to Tokyo. Now if I can only figure out a way to get brighter settings on my monitor (100% brightness on both the monitor & game and I still can't see the 'picture')...

P.S. I couldn't get the bonus stuff, goddamnit! Must be because it's the "Asia" version of the game or something.

P.P.S. Lag is sustainable, dux! I won two FFA's with 2 bars. (^_-)b

banion7Date: Thursday, 24/March/2011, 9:57:58 AM | Message # 21
Colonel
good to hear!

I watched tmartn play it a bit today, looked like what I imagined R3 to look like, kinda...

The melee and power suit thing seem alright - bloody knifes...

Bit short, well like very short on funds these days so I wont be getting this one for a while at least unfortunately.

duxy87Date: Thursday, 24/March/2011, 10:51:55 AM | Message # 22
Major general
Ok so I had a good decent hour with this game.

Firstly got on single player just to get the feel of gameplay and controls. The story did drag with all the intro shit I didn't really care about lol, but after sitting through that patiently got to play and boy the AI are really dumb hahaha... So prob played 20 mins of Campaign till i thought 'F this i just wana play MP'.

Multiplayer expectations delivered. Played about 5-6 games straight. Having the bonuses allowed me to create a class but was only stuck with a choice of the standard Scar gun to choose from. The way the system works makes u level up rewarding you with different choices of guns, stealth, armor upgrades and all that jazz, but lets not go into that, i'll leave it for you guys to discover yourselves

Anyway, the actually MP experience gave me a big buzz. One thing I'll tell you for sure you willl need to have skill to be able to perform well. You have options to switch to stealth pressing R2, extra armor L2, and you can trigger thermal mode pressing down on D-pad. Grenades double tap triangle, so that meaning it's less use as an out of jail card in heated moments.

From the 6 games I played I learnt that a lot of players abuse the stealth mode and camp. If you stay still in stealth mode you don't consume as much energy. The skyrise map (one on video) I played a game where everyone was stealthing about in the bushes. WHY SO MANY CAMPERS ALREADY!?!?!?

Despite that, there is so much more Crysis offers in a MP sense. The way you use your body suit abilities will determine the good players and bad players, as well as knowing hot spots on maps. Also, Accuracy will be a big factor. No gun seems overpowered and I would say to kill someone has the same feel of killing someone in Killzone. Spawns seem to be good (no back spawns, insta kill spawns etc) from what I experienced. And honestly I can see a lot of potential for this game to be big success, on a Multi player community side of things.

Nothing more to report at this stage, other than the graphics are awesome... Only negatives I could pick out were a few sound issues, minor glitches..no biggie

Hope that gives you boys an insight during the intial stages.

Cheers, dux

duxy87Date: Thursday, 24/March/2011, 11:00:03 AM | Message # 23
Major general
Forgot to mention the connection is adequate!! I even got host status on my last game haha I mean wtf is with that?? Since when do I get host status??? Yipeee

LOL

AngDate: Thursday, 24/March/2011, 6:26:46 PM | Message # 24
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
Now you all are making me want to get it. I played the beta and it was really fun, I sucked ass, but it was fun. lol

What I liked the most was how when you go cloak or full armor, your energy level goes down, that is very balanced.
I might get it at the end of April, too bad there are no dedicated servers. I want to have a game where a lot of squirrels can play with full connection. I played some BLOPS this morning with DLast1, but poor dude! He was lucky to have two bars once in a while. I gotta give him mad props for doing well on such a bad connection.

KuzuDate: Thursday, 24/March/2011, 10:17:37 PM | Message # 25
The Clan Elder
mine is coming in the mail. very soon, just a couple days.

can u use the thermal vision anytime you want (if suit power is available) to basically scan for the stealth campers? there must be a way to counter that, im assuming. do u need to rank something up before u can use the thermal vision? i love how the stealth is basically like Predator, exactly. and when he scans (the thermal vision) is also exactly the same! one of the coolest looking effects out there, though i hope it doesnt make the game too much of a cat/mouse thing.

i heard if u use stealth, it takes longer to fire if its activated. (like a 1/2second or so) what are the effects of using armor? makes u slower moving? slower ADS? how long does stealth or armor last, im guessing only a few seconds at at time?

unlocked any more cool weapons? i heard there were 20 total. what cool perks have u used/seen so far?

ive heard about the tracer (see bullet traces, like R2 sniper fire), see footsteps, what else is there?
----------------

could u give the controls please? i would like to start thinking of the layout and setting it up on my controller. thx guys.

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 25/March/2011, 2:04:43 AM | Message # 26
Our Sexy Leader
I've got two vids up on my 'redhamuSLA' YT channel.
Check em!

KuzuDate: Friday, 25/March/2011, 2:05:03 AM | Message # 27
The Clan Elder
3 categories; power (ie weapons), stealth, armor. just as in COD, u can only choose one perk for each of the 3 groups. each perk can be upgraded (I, II, III) by completing in-game challenges that utilize that specific module.

-------------POWER-----------------------------

Side Pack - +1 Primary magazine
UPGRADE II - +1 grenade/explosive
UPGRADE III - +1 Attachment ammo

Weapon Pro - 0.6x Reload Time
UPGRADE II - 0.5x Aim Down Sight time
UPGRADE III - 0.4x Weapon swap time

Aim Enhance - Reduced recoil (unique to weapon)
UPGRADE II - 0.4x view shake from explosions
UPGRADE III - 1.6x movement speed when aiming down sights (versus whatever negative speed it offers)

Loadout Pro - Two Primary weapons
UPGRADE II - No Mobility loss from Attachments
UPGRADE III - 1.5x speed while carrying HMG (Versus its 0.6x speed scale)

Rapid Fire - Higher rate of fire on Primary Weapons (unique to weapon)
UPGRADE II - Higher rate of fire on Secondary Weapons (unique to weapon)
UPGRADE III - Higher rate of fire on Mounted Weapons

Point Fire Enhance - Reduces spread of primary weapons (unique to weapon)
UPGRADE II - Reduces spread of Secondary weapons (unique to weapon)
UPGRADE III - Reduces spread of Mounted weapons

Mobility Enhance 0.5x Sprint and Jump Energy cost
UPGRADE II - 0.5x Ledge grab climb time
UPGRADE III - 0.25x Fire after Sprint time

Retriever - Automatically collect Dogtags
UPGRADE II - 1 less dogtag required for support bonuses
UPGRADE III - 1.2x Support Bonus time

-------------STEALTH---------------------------

Stealth Enhance - Transition time to/from Stealth is halved
UPGRADE II - No shadow cast in Stealth mode
UPGRADE III - 0.5x energy drain rate in Stealth mode

Covert Ops - No Player footstep sound
UPGRADE II - Invisible to Ceph Airstrike
UPGRADE III - 2x Enemy footstep sound

Cloak Tracker - Creates particles on Cloaked enemy within 20m
UPGRADE II - Causes enemy Cloak to flicker after 7 seconds in radius
UPGRADE III - Causes enemy Cloak to flicker after 5 seconds in radius

Jammer (Scrambles the radar of enemies within a 10m range)
UPGRADE II - Provides protection against enemy Radar Jammer attacks
UPGRADE III - Scrambles the radar of enemies within an increased range

Blind Spot - Invisible to Maximum Radar
UPGRADE II - Immune to Visor Tagging
UPGRADE III - Become less visible to enemies in Nano Vision

Tracker - Tracks enemy footsteps within 25m, updates every 0.6 seconds
UPGRADE II - Footstep direction tracks
UPGRADE III - Doubled track updates, 0.3 seconds

Visor Enhance - Automatically Tag enemies when zoomed in
UPGRADE II - Enemy Flashbang grenade effect lasts 0.1x as long
UPGRADE III - Nano Vision energy drain 0.5x

-------------ARMOR-----------------------------

Air Stomp - Velocity based attack, requires elevation beyond a Power Jump
Minimum damage = 40 at 2 meters
Maximum Damage = 220 damage at 7 meters
UPGRADE II - No damage from falling
UPGRADE III - 0.5x recovery time after Stomp

Proximity Alarm - Sense enemy in 30m horizontal radius (not vertical), updates every two seconds
UPGRADE II - Sensor updates every second
UPGRADE III - Sensor updates every half-second

Armor Enhance 0.5x Energy Consumption
UPGRADE II - +25% movement speed in Armor Mode
UPGRADE III - Immune to Nanosuit Jammer Bonus

Threat Tracer Highlight Bullet path within 6m
UPGRADE II - Highlight Grenades within 15m radius
UPGRADE III - Highlights Explosives within 15m radius

Nano Recharge - 2x Health regeneration
UPGRADE II - 2x Suit Recharge (60 per second)
UPGRADE III - 0.5x delay before health regeneration

Detonation Delay +2 seconds to grenade fuse when in blast radius
UPGRADE II - +2 seconds to C4 fuse when in blast radius
UPGRADE III - Fires Chaff against enemy JAW missiles

Energy Transfer - Restores 20% energy with a kill
UPGRADE II - Restores 30% energy with a kill
UPGRADE III - Restores 50% energy with a kill

KuzuDate: Friday, 25/March/2011, 2:32:25 AM | Message # 28
The Clan Elder
as ive mentioned over and over, you need to check out this site if you care at all about weapon/perk/everything STATS based on facts, not opinion:

DenKirson's CRYSIS 2 page

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 25/March/2011, 8:48:46 AM | Message # 29
Our Sexy Leader
Thanks for that shit, Kuzu! (^_-)b Headshots are beast, huh? Nice!

L1: ADS
L2: Max Armor Activation
R1: Fire (toss nade)
R2: Stealth Activation
Triangle: Swap weapons (double tap for nade)
O: Crouch (hold for slide while running)
X: Jump (hold for power jump)
Square: Reload

R on D-pad: Activate Killstreak

nivasan6Date: Friday, 25/March/2011, 2:19:18 PM | Message # 30
Major general
Glad to hear you guys are having fun with a game other than cod, lol. I'm just kidding, but I'm glad to hear that you guys are enjoying Crysis 2.

I was looking forward to this especially after playing Crysis and Crysis: Warhead, but I'm not going to buy it. I'm not getting it simply because they did the same thing that Guerrilla Games did with Killzone 3, they dumbed it down and made it streamlined. I may get it for PC if there is a huge price drop. The lack of dedicated servers also kills the game for me, I'm not trying to start anything just explaining why I won't buy it. I would go into detail as to how it is dumbed down and streamlined, but it would take too long, and I know no one wants to hear about it, lol. The 6v6 sounds silly seeing how some maps are relatively large.

Continue enjoying the game guys, I'll see you in Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, or something else, lol.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, it's a well made game, but the design issues render it a no purchase for me. As I said in a post on a different thread Crysis 2 is game of the year material.
If I had it I probably will enjoy it too, putting aside its faults the same way I did for Killzone 3.

Message edited by nivasan6 - Friday, 25/March/2011, 3:51:56 PM

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » Crysis 2
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024