banion7Date: Friday, 25/March/2011, 5:56:59 PM | Message # 31
Colonel
Group: Moderators
LOL Kuzu. You're the best!

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 25/March/2011, 6:03:55 PM | Message # 32
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
Quote (nivasan6)
If I had it I probably will enjoy it too, putting aside its faults the same way I did for Killzone 3.

KZ3 sucked. This game is rad. Stop being a bitch & pick it up! LOL. (^3^)-chu!

P.S. Where the fuck is Guzman?!

nivasan6Date: Friday, 25/March/2011, 6:41:37 PM | Message # 33
Major general
Killzone 3 does have serious design issues, but it doesn't suck. I would buy Crysis 2 if they didn't dumb down the game and make it streamlined. Part of me wants to buy it, but the other part says don't waste money on it. Seeing how there is no dedicated servers, I will have to pass. I'm not buying SOCOM 4 because I'm saving money for inFAMOUS 2. I will have to pass on Crysis 2 for that reason also: saving money.

But, if there is a price drop here, it goes on sale, or if there is some special going on, then I might pick it up. But, as it stands now $60 is just too much right now. It's even $60 on the PC as well which is terrible.

Do any of you like using the air stomp? I found it quite funny and amusing during the demo. But, I wouldn't use it on a regular basis, lol.

Can anyone tell me if the PS3 version has faults in terms of glitches and frame rate issues? From the previews and reviews it seems that Crytek focused on the 360 version. It makes sense that they would since they are making an exclusive game for the 360 later this year, but at the same time it doesn't make sense focusing on the 360.

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 26/March/2011, 0:18:19 AM | Message # 34
Our Sexy Leader
Alu?

duxy87Date: Saturday, 26/March/2011, 10:48:39 AM | Message # 35
Major general
Guz said he is going to pass on crysis 2 :o... quite disappointed but I still respect that guy. Not sure what Alu is doing yet

Red can you add me as a friend on your kakapoo account cause somehow wont let me add u. I don't have that acc on my friends list. Just next time u log in that is. tanx

Man, the more I play this game the better it gets. Been racking up some big scores in TDM i.e. 22 - 7 on my last game. I'm on level 5 for all my abilities (stealth, armor, and power). I really want to unlock the 'cloak tracer' so I can be a prick and humilate those guys. I currently have 'blind spot' for my stealth perk which makes me undetectable on enemy max radar award (uav). TDM will only get you wins if you're on a skilled team who now how to work the abilites well. The maps are very versatile to play on. My favourite map is Pier.

Also got to Play the other team gamemode which is exactly like headquarters and domination put together (from COD) in the one game. Really cool game mode.. but can get messy!

Can't believe I still get host status. Even when I'm on red bar I hardly notice lag. The best game I've played online mp for a long time!!

Just to clarify some things kuz asked earlier about stealth and max armor:

Stealth drains energy much quicker than armor. And if you get shot at whilst being cloaked you die pretty quick, so always good to switch it off if you know enemy has busted you. If you just walking around or stand still you obviously consume less energy. But beware of sprinting with stealth on as if your energy meter drains quickly and if it drops to zero you will be caught out and waiting to recharge for a few seconds. Armor on the other hand sustains your health for that little bit extra (using extra armor perk triples this), but you lose your speed and sound like a mech warrior robot walking around. ADS doesn't seem to detriment much.

In terms of the heat detector, press down on the D pad to activate. Doesn't seem to detect stealth enemies though??

Was trying hard to contemplate this, but I was on a massive killstreak one game (like 15+) and my vision started to get blurry (screen out of focus) after i killed around 10 enemies. Not sure if this is to decrease my chances of survival but I think that is the case. Will see when it happens next time, but I think this is a way to balance out players on hot streaks. I still killed a couple whilst blurry vision but the main problem was that my eyes were hurting trying to focus >:(

Haven't unlocked all weapons only the basics from each class so far. I'm still trying to figure out how you earn weapon unlock points and upgrade points for each abilitiy catergory....

My fav layout is:
Scar - Red laser, ext mags, urban camo
Trace Tracker
Blind Spot
Rapid reload (Sleight of hand: COD)

Having a lot of fun, but wish i could play with BS! nation very soon!!

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 26/March/2011, 6:02:27 PM | Message # 36
Our Sexy Leader
Man, I want to play HELLA bad! Thanks for the game experience info, dux. (^_-)b

Guz should play. This is a superior game, no doubt.

banion7Date: Saturday, 26/March/2011, 6:11:23 PM | Message # 37
Colonel
Oh jesus.

KuzuDate: Saturday, 26/March/2011, 7:45:16 PM | Message # 38
The Clan Elder
Quote (redhamuSLA)

L1: ADS
L2: Max Armor Activation
R1: Fire (toss nade)
R2: Stealth Activation
Triangle: Swap weapons (double tap for nade)
O: Crouch (hold for slide while running)
X: Jump (hold for power jump)
Square: Reload

R on D-pad: Activate Killstreak

D on D-pad: Thermal -dux

sry, can u explain what u mean by the "R1 (toss nade)"? do u have to equip the nade first (double triangle) then toss with R1? or is there another way to equip (ex: a separate weapon/item menu ala R1 or RDR) then R1 tosses; but in normal situations a double triangle tap will throw?

guessing melee is R-thumb?
guessing sprint is L-thumb?
is there a radial menu, to bring up equipment (nade, knife?, other?) or maybe im thinking of another game?

can u carry 2 primaries (without the perk) by switching out the 2ndary with one picked up?

-Thx bros!

(tracking said my copy was sent from tokyo to osaka yesterday morning, yet still havent received it... wtf)

duxy87Date: Sunday, 27/March/2011, 3:48:36 AM | Message # 39
Major general
Quote (Kuzu)
sry, can u explain what u mean by the "R1 (toss nade)"? do u have to equip the nade first (double triangle) then toss with R1? or is there another way to equip (ex: a separate weapon/item menu ala R1 or RDR) then R1 tosses; but in normal situations a double triangle tap will throw?
guessing melee is R-thumb?
guessing sprint is L-thumb?
is there a radial menu, to bring up equipment (nade, knife?, other?) or maybe im thinking of another game?
can u carry 2 primaries (without the perk) by switching out the 2ndary with one picked up?
-Thx bros!
(tracking said my copy was sent from tokyo to osaka yesterday morning, yet still havent received it... wtf)

Regarding tossing grenade: double tap Triangle, then press R1. So it's kinda two maneuvers. The physics of the throw is more of a Resistance type frag throw.
L3 = Sprint
L3+ circle = power slide
R3 = melee
R3(hold) = power melee

Left D-pad = shoot mode (single fire, auto), depending on if you equiped it in your class layout.
Right D-pad = cycle throw explosives

Melee from behind whilst activating stealth will give you a special 'stealth kill' kinda like KZ3. But must be in stealth mode

Can carry 2 primary by swithing pistol with deceased players weapon.

Get on this game everyone! Will no doubt you will enjoy the various features it has. Plus like red said, it is a superior game.

KuzuDate: Sunday, 27/March/2011, 4:18:03 AM | Message # 40
The Clan Elder
sry for the mundane questions. but a few more.

so after watching red, it seems clear that using armor is quite important when ur getting into a gunfight. i saw red switch to it at the point of contact and in most cases it seemed to help. basically trying to figure out which buttons to give priority to.

obviously; ADS + Fire, Armor

which of these would u say is most important, or in what order?
sprint
stealth
melee
grenade

i have 5 easily accessible buttons (2 on left controller, 3 on right) but ive gotten very used to L1=ADS, L2=Sprint, R1=Fire, R2=melee, mouse wheel= nade. i dont like using the L3 "thumb" button so thats my last priority spot.

duxy87Date: Sunday, 27/March/2011, 4:42:37 AM | Message # 41
Major general
For me kuzo, I would say that order you have now would be the status quo/priority. Mind you, melee is useful in CQ combat if you finding it hard to finish off someone with bullets. But only happens if a stealthy guy gets the jump on you.

redhamuSLADate: Sunday, 27/March/2011, 4:58:12 AM | Message # 42
Our Sexy Leader
duxy:  Holding it down with the info again!  Word.  When do you show up on the radar besides the obvious times, dux?  Jump?  Super Jump?  Nade?  There are so many things I want/need to test!

Kuz:  For now, I'd prioritize as follows:

Stealth
Sprint
Melée
Grenade (weapon swap)

...with Stealth & Sprint interchangeable (as I think both of them are important).  Characters move QUICK to the eye in this game.  It's fucking wicked seeing someone sprint!  Stealth helps you be tricky dicky.  Naturally, however, it depends on how you are playing the game.

duxy87Date: Sunday, 27/March/2011, 9:23:41 AM | Message # 43
Major general
Quote (redhamuSLA)
duxy: Holding it down with the info again! Word. When do you show up on the radar besides the obvious times, dux? Jump? Super Jump? Nade? There are so many things I want/need to test!

The only time I notice something on radar is when shooting, and that's all... Can't comfirm with air stomp as I haven't noticed that yet

Ok so now i'll just go over the killstreaks (from collecting dog tags players that YOU killed). The killstreaks formation is always 3,5,7 and this determines what map you play on

Max radar: This gives coverage of all players on map (unless they have blind spot on), Keep in mind that there are different icon's to look at on your radar.

-A big circle red dot means that the player is on the same level as you and is not cloaked.
-A smaller circle red blimp means that the player is stealth and same level
-A red blimp that looks like a house means that a player is on a different level to where you are
-A small hollow red blimp means that a player is in stealth mode on a different level to where you are

This lasts for approx 30 seconds

-Radar Jammer - jams and muzzles enemy radar...derrr
-Orbital strike - A big lazer beam that crosses a portion of the map (like airstrike in COD)
-Nanosuit Jammer - disables the function of enemy nanosuit in an area that you select on the map to affect

-Ceph Airstrike - Some big bad ass alien ship that flies around the map shooting baddies(like helicopter in COD)
-Nano Overload - your suit will be imune to energy consumption for a short period of time. Meaning unlimited armor or unlimited stealth. Use wisely! EDIT: ARMOR ONLY, not stealth

Message edited by duxy87 - Sunday, 27/March/2011, 10:14:36 AM

redhamuSLADate: Sunday, 27/March/2011, 2:16:36 PM | Message # 44
Our Sexy Leader
LOLZ. I finally got everything all set up in the temporary apartment & then you logged off, dux! Shit!

Got a 21 killstreak in a Lighthouse FFA. Evidently Ceph's count towards that. Woah was that thing lighting people up...

Close to unlocking the 6th level for the Armor & Strength. At least, I hope I am...the system is a bit confusing. Either way, I really want mobility & hip-fire. (^_-)b

KuzuDate: Sunday, 27/March/2011, 8:00:28 PM | Message # 45
The Clan Elder
nuther quick question:

do u have the option of using any module (perk) from the getgo, or do u need to rank up quite a bit until u can unlock all of them?

for example, not that i want it right away, but could i use "dogtag retriever" early on, or is it the 7th module (perk) to unlock in the Power series, with each unlocked at different ranks?

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » Crysis 2
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024