So, this game is RAD. I love it. Some things that piss me off, however, are:
1. The lag. Hosts are absolute gods, if they are actually decent players. Please god let the J-servers rock!
2. One fight that I ALWAYS lose, & thus have to really stop myself from engaging in them, is the Cloaked vs Cloaked melée fight. Goddamn that engagement pisses me off. It's already an auto-lose cuz of my connection, but I can never seem to de-cloak before hitting, resulting in a complete suit energy drain & absolutely no way to win the shoot-out that follows both of our wiffs. Fuuuuck.
3. Sometimes I swear I've transitioned into 'MAXIMUM ARMOR', start firing, but get a flash & the accompanying full suit drain, instead. Mad frustrating!
Things that need to be changed:
1. KS's stack, if you've got Retriever. Even the Ceph counts towards your next killstreak, if used after you die & make sure you've gone in with a class equipped with Retriever. WTF. It would be much better if KS tags could not be retrieved.
I haven't seen many people exploit this yet, but I can see it happening REAL quick...especially on J-servers. It's a bit difficult for me to get this going cuz of the lag, but I would have been doing from day 1, if I could have. It's something that I tested the first time I got a streak with Retriever available.
2. Host god status. THIS game, if the connections stay the same could really use the anti-host system from BLOPS. If they work with the net code or whatever, disregard.
I think that's all I've got so far...
Kuzu: Dude. Thx, but I really feel like I could at least 3.5 kdr this game, if not 4. Not being arrogant or anything. It's just that the tools this game give me are absolutely awesome & only enhance what I feel like I can already do.
Some things that I was telling Alu yesterday, as he was getting started with the game (just in case you don't do them & I'll cover all the bases, just to make sure)...
De-cloak as you are power-jumping & re-cloak as your character pulls himself up over the ledge. This will save a bunch of suit energy, as the alternative drains HELLA.
Go from place to place cloaked & hide to recharge, if you haven't come across anyone, & then move on with your full or partially charged suit. Suit energy & advantage are directly related & in BIG way, IMO.
When you kill in CQB, re-cloak immediately unless another engagement is happening & gtfo. Re-charge/reload elsewhere.
Always reload cloaked.
Use your height advantage. This goes without saying for any shooter, but also remember that delivery trucks & the like give your ring-around-the-rosie CQB street-level battles an advantage if your opponents are stupid (which many of them will be).
The number 1 player on the leaderboards for kills (if you stake much in them especially with the lag problems & every time I played against him he was either host or 3-bar) says that as of now his "go-to" class in FFA consists of:
...just to give some additional insight. Mine would probably be the same, but my SCAR loadout has Nano cuz I'm working on it. My Feline loadout is the same. My shotty loadout has Mobility Enhance, however. I feel like I'm going to be close to my opponent, so I'll be able get my own tags.