[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Crysis 2 - Page 6 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » Crysis 2
Crysis 2
duxy87Date: Tuesday, 05/April/2011, 0:43:10 AM | Message # 76
Major general
Group: Moderators
I have the Australian and New Zealand Version.. Here are product codes on my disc:

BLES-01060/ANZ

EAX03807837D/ANZ

So whatever you can make of that??

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 05/April/2011, 1:21:41 AM | Message # 77
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
no idea my friend. but the fact that you and i could party up when i had the asian version is a good sign. i couldnt party with Red even when we both had the Asian version. and now he said he cant connect to JP games even with the JP disc, so it MAY just be his changed NAT connection. hopefully when he gets back to his apartment in the future, it will be fine again and we can all connect *though with the chance someone will have lag, ala COD...

redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 05/April/2011, 2:59:58 AM | Message # 78
Our Sexy Leader
Naw, dux. Once you actually log into the multiplayer, in the top left of the screen you'll see some numbers. We want to know what that is.

duxy87Date: Tuesday, 05/April/2011, 11:26:17 AM | Message # 79
Major general
Quote (redhamuSLA)
Naw, dux. Once you actually log into the multiplayer, in the top left of the screen you'll see some numbers. We want to know what that is.

It states:

"CRYNET SYSTEMS 1.1.1.6007"

Now, wtf does that mean?? lol

EDIT: Ok so I gathered from reading the previous posts, still no idea if this will ensure we can play together with healthy bar or not.. Can someone enlighten me? Man, tonight has been dumb dux with all these silly enquiries HAHA tongue

Message edited by duxy87 - Tuesday, 05/April/2011, 11:29:45 AM

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 06/April/2011, 8:08:48 PM | Message # 80
The Clan Elder
K. im officially happy and pissed at the same time.

i can finally play with solid connections (all 3 bars last night). but i cant play on KuzuRanger.

so i would appreciate if u guys (er, 2 of u only...? lol) would add me for Crysis 2.

"online ID" = Alucard1030
but in-game name = Xenaphobe

not sure which is my "ID"...

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 07/April/2011, 2:45:51 AM | Message # 81
Our Sexy Leader
LOLZ. Well, at least I know it's my NAT type giving me all the trouble now & you'll keep playing. (^_-)b

Peeps that have the game are: myself (kakapoopoodoodoo & hearts_kirakira), alu & dux. Invite those guys!

KuzuDate: Thursday, 07/April/2011, 3:40:17 AM | Message # 82
The Clan Elder
im changing my ID. i dont like having that dual-ID thingy; its confusing for me and a hassle to explain it (in case i meet more ppl). i will henceforth be known as "WarPuma" lol?

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 07/April/2011, 7:30:14 AM | Message # 83
Our Sexy Leader
LOL. For real? WTF is a "WarPuma"?! <3 you, weirdo!

P.S. Send the invite, cock.

KuzuDate: Thursday, 07/April/2011, 8:06:36 PM | Message # 84
The Clan Elder
ok red. u still need to explain this to me.
u still dont have a good "JP" connection yet? and yet u pulled a 3.5KD with hearts (granted its the >10 club) but still... how in the world do u win 1v1 fights at such a disadvantage? i can understand, and obviously know, that u do ur best *not* to let it come to a 50/50 situation, so u always work ur way around the map, im assuming sneaky deaky, and get the drop on ppl. but still.

which one are u going to stick with; kakapoo or hearts?

i played last night as WarPuma and things were going well. though, in my honest opinion i dont think this game is going to have any sort of longevity. i wish it did, because i really like this game and all the gamestyles, tactics, and mechanics that it offers. but even set as JP disc and JP account, i still get a few games a night with 1bar. in fact, the amount i get into 1bar (see explanation below) is still quite significant and still very much a hassle. i would like to get my W/L rate up, but there is no way i can compete with 1bar. i usually make an effort, go 0-2, then ditch it.

so this is the bigger point; i can hardly find games. when i search for TDM or Crash and put in "solo", i had a very low success rate in finding a JP hosted game. this is where i got into all my 1bar games as well. so i would be searching for a few minutes (time waster) then it would most often put me into a US/EU hosted game. the only real chance i had to find a good connection was to search for "normal" mode for TDM or FFA. even then, after i left to rearrange perks/etc, i would often get put back into that ONE game that i was playing before. i feel that there may only be a handful of ppl playing this game.. sadly.

i would like to continue it, but the way it is now, its like playing RDR. hope this game doesnt die out.

KuzuDate: Thursday, 07/April/2011, 10:30:52 PM | Message # 85
The Clan Elder
not sure how long its been available, but last night i was picking up ammo automatically, just by walking over the gun. now, there is nothing abnormal about that, but what i found very interesting was getting my primary clip reloaded as well! what i mean is that, say i was using Scar w/ extended mags. i would fly off 15 bullets, now with 25 remaining, and walk over dead guys gun. not only did it give me more total rounds, it also replenished my 25 in the clip to 40, automatically, without having to reload. i could clearly remember seeing "40 +1" which replenished main clip to 40, plus im assuming 1 extra clip. i guess either im blind and never noticed this before, or its a glitch from the patch. this makes it very deadly for a person who is on a roll. i wonder if there are any limitations or triggers for making it work.
---------
as a lowly rank, i am currently using:
Scar, iron sight, ext mags, Nova
Alarm, Covert, Weapon Pro

i know my stat improvement is due to a good connection and playing against >10 noobs. but i think this setup is pretty good, considering only 1/2 the perks are available to me.
- covert ops is quite underrated, because for ppl with headphones it is absolutely deadly. i can hear ppl all around me (unfortunately friendlies too) so its every bit as good as tracker, tracer, alarm, etc. this game has very loud footsteps, even louder than COD i would claim. im almost hesitant to get Covert III, because ill probably get scared by the loud footsteps when a guy is not even remotely near me. hah. Ninja Pro FTW.
- prox alarm is also good, not so much for the beep (by that time, the guy is on ur asshole so it may save u from being meleed, but if hes better positioned ur dead anyway), but i love it for the red warning bars. these are extremely helpful for me, because alot of times ppl will be crouching with stealth on or creeping in ADS, so i cant hear their footsteps. but with alarm, i get an easily recognizable warning that someone is in my sector.
- weapon pro is just all around dopeness. faster reloading at lv1 helps with all guns, duh. faster ADS helps with all guns, im assuming. seems pretty quick to ADS with sniper; tried a little run n gun sniping and i did very average, but that is due to my bad aim not to slow ADS. yet to unlock, but lv3 faster weapon switch will help out as well, though not as sexy as the others.

so i may change my prox alarm for nano recharge or energy transfer later on, but for now i think the alarm is very helpful for running and gunning. i may just stick with covert ops, because sound whoring is extremely effective in this game. it seems so simple, but i find it such a versatile perk; great for defense (knowing when someone is coming at u), offense (tracking prey), more defense (enemy cant detect your steps) and better sound accuracy (your sound doesnt fuck up your train of thought or distract you from the enemy's steps).

the power perk will be swapped out, since its the most directly related to gamestyle differences. mobility, recoil, hip-fire, retriever are all valuable of course. loadout pro would be an interesting perk too at full lvl, especially if a using a Heavy gun or one with lots of attachments. rapid fire should be tested too.

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 09/April/2011, 5:39:59 AM | Message # 86
Our Sexy Leader
Kuzu:  I didn't play a single match in the "under 10" lobbies on hearts.  I couldn't find a match, so just said fuck it.  And yes, I do try to play as sneaky as possible...clean-ups, back shots, silencer, cloaked-travel, etc..  That being said, I also win my fair share of 1v1 shoot-outs.  I guess I see people & react accordingly before they try to?  Overshield & strafing seem to be the name of the game.  The Feline is an insane gun & I'm partial to the SCARAB for the Assault Rifles.

I don't know which account I'm going to stick with.  I haven't actually thought about it.  kakapoopoodoodoo is my "Asian" version & hearts is my J-version (though at this point, there is no difference).

Yeah, the matchmaking could use some work.  I too have some issues finding games & sometimes find myself just sitting in front of the tv for 5 minutes...literally starting to doze off & then *DING*.  I've also experienced getting kicked during staging, researching for 5 minutes & then placed in the game I had been disconnected from.  LOL.  Huh?  Not only that, but how am I going to come in and win that shit (by time expiration).  Dudes got to get better or something!

Regarding your perk line-up, I can never seem to hear that proximity alarm no see the red flash on cloaked opponents.  I don't really know why either.  I've done this on hearts:  used Armor Enhance until Energy Transfer, Cloak Enhance & Weapon Pro until Retriever.  I've got Covert & Mobility Enhance maxed out on kakapoopoodoo, however.  My feeling on them is that Covert is best used to nullify the Ceph (as enemies can be heard regardless) & Mobility is for pure R&G without regard for tag collecting.

AlucardDate: Saturday, 09/April/2011, 3:40:47 PM | Message # 87
Colonel
so is it warpuma? lol

if i quit out of a laggy game, i just search for another game type so i dont get put back in the same game. i only play ffa and tdm though.

redhamuSLADate: Sunday, 10/April/2011, 4:50:00 AM | Message # 88
Our Sexy Leader
The 'X-43 Mike' is sick!  I love sci-fi weapons.  LOL.  I'm still feeling out the range, but it's definitely fun.  It's basically like the pre-patch Arc Charger...ALIEN GUN!  I'm also thinking of getting the crazy sniper rifle.  You guys picked up either of them somewhere & given them a try?

KuzuDate: Sunday, 10/April/2011, 11:52:06 AM | Message # 89
The Clan Elder
red: which one is the Mike? nade launcher?
been playing alot of Crash Site games and i really like it. with a team that goes for the OBJ, games can finish in a 3 minutes. but if both sides go for it, games last 10-15.
about the Aye69; dont like it. its burst, not fully auto. its weak as hell. and got a small clip considering how many shots it takes to kill. i much prefer my Nova w/ extended mags. just feels better to me.

i guess i start to see the point in retriever and energy transfer. if u RnG, and kill often, these 2 are essential. already got lvl 2 retriever, though i has hesitant to swap for the transfer. ill use it for my "going for the OBJ, semi RnG" kits.

redhamuSLADate: Sunday, 10/April/2011, 11:29:20 PM | Message # 90
Our Sexy Leader
The 'Mike' is a microwave emitter.  It's the one at the very bottom right, on the weapon select screen.  I rock that loadout like this--Mike, Aye69, Energy, Cloak, Mobility & C4.  Umm...the Aye69 is full auto for me, but yeah it basically sucks.  I don't know if I'd like it more on a proper connection or not, though.  C4 kills are fun!  I love getting te last kill with it.  Shit's hilarious.

Crash Site, huh?  What kind of obj game is it?  HQ or something?

I got my best score in an FFA last night: 25-1.  I also got it this morning before work & both were on Lighthouse (using different strats, but the same gun/loadout).  (^_-)b  Those games were fun.  I'm still on the hunt for the flawless, though!

I looks like I'll be on 'kakapoopoodoodoo' for a bit, as I'm lending the J-game to banchu.  Both of the games give me 1-bar, so whatever.  Hopefully, playing it will convince banchu to come on over.  Hehe.

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » Crysis 2
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024