Main | Crysis 2 - Page 7 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » Crysis 2
Crysis 2
KuzuDate: Sunday, 10/April/2011, 11:53:35 PM | Message # 91
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
good shit.
as im playing J-dudes, most ppl are not that high lvl it seems. the matchmaking so far has been really good, in terms of not having overly lopsided teams/ranks. so ive yet to see most of the high-end weapons. i just unlocked the JAW, and that shit is a powerful motherfucker! its an extremely accurate, highly deadly RPG... and they just decided to put a laser-guided sight on it as well? LOL luckily its just one shot.

i did the dumb move, and got the ACOG scope on the sniper rifle before getting the silencer. but actually i leveled it up pretty quickly. its the closest to a FAL/M14 type of weapon, so thats really my favorite type of weapon. even though i get better scores with a Scar/Feline and RnGing, i like the longer range type of recon play better. my controller is still funky sometimes, so maybe thats why the Aye was burst. there still is no firmware for this game so i have to use very low settings, so im very slow, but at the same time the aiming is still not as steady as it could be. but i cant get used to a DS3 unless i spent months at it, and i just feel more comfy with my FnS now.

Crash Site is hmm. like HQ-ish, Demolition-ish. 1 capture point and u gotta hold it for hella long. but there is no meter/timer so u dont really know the duration.

banion7Date: Monday, 11/April/2011, 10:59:04 AM | Message # 92
Colonel
Group: Moderators
well, due to red's kindly lending me his J disk, I played this game tonight.

Already mentioned this to him but it took me like seriously a half hour just to figure out how to invert the Y axis with those menus.

Not bad, really... I think I kinda got this concept of managing the "nano suit", and the game looks pretty nice and it is kind of cool but, so far it's no cod...

Slightly better feel than KZ3, but basically a jelly doughnut is a jelly doughnut, and if you like chocolate crullers then no matter how good they make the jelly... To me, it felt a bit like zombie mode on BLOPS, which I played for all of 10 or 15 mins with XON and his brother.

Going to have a go, as I at the very least didn't get carsick playing it but I was on redbar most of the time which was a huge minus point.

However, hate to say it, but I still get the feeling that it would be an awesome game if it had the same stuff but with cod mechanics.

KuzuDate: Monday, 11/April/2011, 8:01:38 PM | Message # 93
The Clan Elder
ban: if u have the J-disc, use a J-account, and only join FFA, TDM or Crash Site on "regular" or standard modes, whatever its called. (actually, do the Rookie mode till u get past 10). as long as i stick to those modes, i get J-host just about guaranteed.

to me, the mechanics are very similar to COD. of course u jump higher, longer and sprint faster. but movement feels similar. weapons are used similarly except nades. same ranking systems, weapon unlocks similar. custom classes. killstreaks.

yes, managing the suit is the main thing that throws people off in the beginning. once u get used to it though, u will see how it helps u get out of sticky situations. use them to ur advantage. im sure red has much better advice but my most simple advice is this: cloak when running in exposed areas, armor when taking on enemies. duck behind cover when u need to replenish energy. i saw some commentary, and dude was pretty accurate: play this game as if u were Predator. predator doesnt go after 2+ guys at once. he doesnt shoot at guys from a long distance. he uses his stealth and smart tactics to catch the stragglers and then rips them apart. go with that strategy. dont go into this game thinking u can win all 1v1 fights like COD, cuz i know in my experience, i just cant. flank, stealth, go away from teammates, get the solo kills and keep moving. i also advice the alarm and/or covert perks, since that basically means i will never get a knife in my back (which happened alot when i didnt have those). aiming is super important in this game, but of course so is lag. so unless u have 3-4 bars, dont go at someone head to head. i dunno, this game is just so fun to me. has so many cool aspects from so many games. give it time!!! i think this is the most enjoyable FPS ive played.

banion7Date: Tuesday, 12/April/2011, 0:16:01 AM | Message # 94
Colonel
Mechanics like cod?? A bit of a stretch imho...

To me it is more like slightly improved kz3 control and feel. As I was shooting guys last night, I couldn't tell whether I was hitting them or not...I'm hoping that will improve as I get used to the game more.

w We'll see what happens tonight.

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 12/April/2011, 0:16:23 AM | Message # 95
The Clan Elder
maybe a year ago when i first discovered it, i was fascinated by the "big" commentators, since they did something entertaining with the games i love. but the more popular they got, the bigger their egos and most of them are just sickening to listen to. i stumbled upon shaun0728 or something, which i gather is Hutch. now he is one of the guys i dont like. but for whatever reason, i was really happy that he gave a positive review of Crysis 2. the title was "I F#$king love this game". i think if these guys recommend the game, it may help keeping it alive and get more to pick it up. not directly related to us, since only J-gamers matter, but its still a step in the right direction.

redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 12/April/2011, 7:16:37 AM | Message # 96
Our Sexy Leader
I got put into a 3-bar J-lobby last night for the first time!  Yaaaay!  \(^_^)/  It was totally awesome.  I was freaking out a bit when the game was loading up & I heard someone speaking Japanese.  Could it be?!  For real?!  It was like finding Atlantis.

banchu:  You'll start to *feel* the bullets when they connect.  I definitely do, but it took a little getting used to as it IS a bit muted in comparison to MW2.  Wait until level 13.  When you get there, purchase the Feline & equip that badboy with a Reflex Site & Suppressor ASAP.  As for the bullet amount needed to kill, it feels a bit BLOPS-ish.  MW2 takes almost nothing in comparison, if you've got the right gun.

banion7Date: Tuesday, 12/April/2011, 11:41:30 AM | Message # 97
Colonel
well, played some more tonight and more fun I'd say.

Slowly getting used to the guns - does that first SCAR gun have like no range on it at all or something??

Dunno bout gun feel, maybe better. But still feels dull. Really dull.

Just got the reflex sight for the basic SCAR, so we'll see how that is.

Still haven't thrown a single grenade, I could make out DBL tap triangle from the katakana in the menu, but all that seems to do is make you pull it out and stand there looking at it like an ass lol... Gonna check online now to see how to throw nades, and what the hell this nano visor and nano vision are... I saw the infrared predator type stuff, but wow that is wierd... lol.

But the games getting "funner".

redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 12/April/2011, 12:56:14 PM | Message # 98
Our Sexy Leader
Double tap 'triangle'-->R1 (fire button)

The SCAR has range, but you kind of have to pop off 7 bullets max at a time for distance...maybe 5. That's just my feeling. The Reflex Sight (Red dot) makes it much more useable, IMO.

I don't use the nano visor or whatever it's called, so hopefully someone else will be able to help you out.

I'm glad you are finding it more enjoyable!

AlucardDate: Tuesday, 12/April/2011, 3:01:33 PM | Message # 99
Colonel
i turn on infra red imaging when i get maximum nano suit!

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 12/April/2011, 8:19:00 PM | Message # 100
The Clan Elder
the game is dead. i know thats not a nice thing to say, but it has to be said.
i played against several guys i remember playing 2 nights ago, that are low level like me, so its not likely they are just playing 24/7. i go do some stuff, come back to another game an hour later, and get put in the same game i was in before.
i join FFA and randomly get put in a game with another friend i know. (2nd night ive joined his game randomly).
next FFA, its the same friend, plus redham in the game.

what, are there like only 20 people playing this game? seriously. what are the chances that i get put in a game randomly with 2 friends who are online?

also, this host connection nonsense is driving me insane. 3 bars should be very solid, yet i find its the equivalent to playing on a 1-2 bar on COD games. will be waiting for a guy coming up some stairs in ADS. he walks, pulls out a LMG and all shots land on me, while me shots on killcam go 5 feet to the side. just like the Kanye West song, "shit is... fucking ridiculous!" (great album btw)

i also joined a bunch more games last night with 1 bar. Euros i could gather. tried the last 3 game modes, and couldnt find a single J-game. tried finding "solo" versions of TDM and Crash, also put me in overseas 1bar games. pretty stupid if u ask me. i can join only one of several game versions within 3 out of the 6 modes. its like i can only play 25% of the games offered.

fun factor is diminishing.

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 12/April/2011, 8:45:26 PM | Message # 101
Major general
Kuzu, I believe the problem you're experiencing is due to the lack of dedicated servers. The way these games work is that they try to put you into games where the host is relatively close to you. So, I'm guessing this is exactly what you're experiencing. I had the same thing in cod4, and I know there were plenty of people playing that game. I was constantly put in games with 2-3 people for a few months. We did end up forming a rivalry and bond, lol.

banion7Date: Tuesday, 12/April/2011, 9:05:03 PM | Message # 102
Colonel
yeah, one thing that happened last night afterwards that never, ever happens (playing cod) was I got sleepy.

Could be the endless phases staring at the load screen, could be the finicky feeling of the game (sort of settled on this sensation that I am tiptoeing around with the controls with my guy) but though it is getting more fun, I can't say it's got my blood boiling like sorry, cod.

The Y axis feel, it's not sharp, and I wonder about strafing - I think I am, but my guy doesnt move much... In killcams I am shooting all over the place too. When I sweep to look around, it feels like TV lag or something, kinda blurs around, not a constant motion but a kind of swing to snap type thing... even with slow sweeps.

EA.

Like I said, not bad for EA, like I'm not getting sick, but very "dreamsteer" still with the controls. The feeling u get driving one of those big old 70's F150 pickups with 3 on the tree. You can drive em but there is a lot happening between the wheel and the ground and visa versa that just simply gets numbed out.

That said, the cloaking and armor and meleeing is fun. Feel improved a bit more last night. But the bottom line is I still don't quite got a hard on for this one yet.

banion7Date: Tuesday, 12/April/2011, 9:08:56 PM | Message # 103
Colonel
On thing I should say is I like the maps - there are hardly any places to sit in a corner and ads it seems, and the lines of sight are generally fun. Broken record but I wish we could import our Speznas etc straight into this game. Tango Sucka!

Message edited by banion7 - Tuesday, 12/April/2011, 9:11:33 PM

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 12/April/2011, 10:34:03 PM | Message # 104
The Clan Elder
well, all this shit is very sad for me. i love this game because its a blend of so many great things. if the connection/party issues were stable, i would probably claim this to be the most enjoyable FPS ive played. it has taken everything i liked about COD and left everything out that i hated (except the most important aspect... connection troubles). ive yet to experience any team-aspects, since the most ive done is join duxy for about 3 games. but even going solo is fun. most dudes are going for the objective, so that feels like BF to me. most ppl dont camp, so that feels like the way a FPS should be. even with cloak 'n armor, it doesnt detract from the game or make it unfair. in fact, its such a great implementation, since its so easy to run out of energy using stuff, making you more vulnerable and easier to kill. managing the suit powers is challenging and adds a great new dynamic. controls are a little weird, i almost want to say sluggish, but not at all in the same way that Killzone or Battlefield are. this may just be due to my controller though. im still happy with the control mechanics, even if i dont have as much spin reaction or steady aiming as ive had in every other game ive played. if i get shot from anywhere but straight on, i accept that i was outplayed. but it just makes my blood boil when i see a guy FIRST, start unloading on his chest, and see on killcam that my shots arent landing. i have no one to blame but msyelf really. said i wouldnt do it but i went and bought a non-deciated server game. i know im a broken record, sry.

as a last resort, i will try to connect my PS3 to my monitor with the converter i already have. i think it should work, but well see if the lag is coming from my TV (input lag) or just crappy servers even at 3 bar.

redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 13/April/2011, 8:35:11 AM | Message # 105
Our Sexy Leader
Kuzu:  Bro, you're being a bit too negative about this shit, IMO.  I don't see it as a dead game.  I see it as a game that is still expanding, finding it's console fanbase.  The lack of J-servers, IMO, is probably greatly due to the unfortunate timing of the release.  Gaming isn't exactly the people's focus right now.  I'm seeing more J-players, though (this coming from someone that until 2 nights ago had never even seen a J-server/3-bar connection).  

I've had some of the same frustrations, naturally, but I've learned to accept some of the downfalls of the game (mainly connection based) & play around them.  I absolutely love what the game has going for it & also remind myself that it's still only the 1st month.  I look forward to supportive updates & the like from Crytek.  Don't get too down & try that computer monitor hook-up.  I feel like some of your lag frustrations could be coming from the TV.  I've had two experiences with HDTV's and each time the lag was very noticeable & hampering to say the least.

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » Crysis 2
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024