[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » Portal 2
Portal 2
nivasan6Date: Thursday, 14/April/2011, 6:30:20 PM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Moderators
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011....ing-too

This QA is great for finding out more on the interconnection between Steam and PSN. This game is revolutionary, not for it's gameplay, but for the interconnection between Steam and PSN. Not only that, but people who buy the PS3 version gets a FREE digital copy for use on either PC or Mac. PS3 players and PC/Mac players can also play each other as well. I could be "doing my work", but instead play Portal 2 with some PSN buddies from my laptop!

On a side note:
Valve could've gone the cod route and basically release the same game, but they at least took the time and effort to make it an actual sequel/new game.

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 15/April/2011, 9:01:43 AM | Message # 2
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
I don't know wtf this game is. That is all.

nivasan6Date: Friday, 15/April/2011, 12:03:21 PM | Message # 3
Major general
lol, it's essentially a "puzzle fps".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NPI-bsjm24&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1aBG_6AObU

The first one is some gameplay footage of Portal and the second video is gameplay footage for Portal 2.

I know Portal isn't for everyone as it's not "action" orientated, there are turrets that will fire and kill you, and you can fall to death, and get killed by lasers. That's about all the action, it's an excellent game, but you'd have to play it to understand why. If there's a demo on PSN I encourage everyone to download it. Guz, will agree with me in saying that Portal and most likely Portal 2 are excellent games if not top 10 fps. These two games are revolutionizing the fps genre, but as I said earlier you would have to play it to understand why or how it is revolutionizing the fps genre. On a broader note it is also revolutionizing gaming as well as it (Portal 2) allows cross gameplay between console(s) (PS3) and PC/Mac.

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 16/April/2011, 11:18:33 AM | Message # 4
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
Hmm...interesting.

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 20/April/2011, 9:24:50 AM | Message # 5
Lieutenant general
Haha... For all the crap we give you about being too cynical, niva, I think red may have a touch of it too. ^_-

Quote (redhamuSLA)
I don't know wtf this game is. That is all.

Quote (redhamuSLA)
Hmm...interesting.

I'll translate: I don't know what this game is, therefore it sucks.
As long as you're true to yourself though, it's fine!

Anyway, I've never played Portal before, but it's always been on my radar, though not for MP. & wow, what's w/ the cross platform implementation, w/o X360?
Last I heard Valve wasn't fond of the PS3, but now it has cross platform, & not 360?

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 20/April/2011, 12:09:25 PM | Message # 6
Major general
Haha, yea, Valve were being dicks toward the PS3. They said that they didn't have a talented PS3 team, so that's why they didn't like it. Now that Sony, allowed them to implement Steam on the PS3 with Portal 2; they all love the PS3 now.

Microsoft wouldn't allow Steam integration, because Microsoft and Xbox Live is terrible, lol.

Hopefully we can see other Valve titles re-done for the PS3, maybe a Team Fortress 2 that actually works biggrin They had the Orange Box for the PS3, but it was a mess.

I got Portal 2, well actually my mommy bought it for me biggrin I haven't played it yet, as I have to finish a huge software design project.

nivasan6Date: Friday, 16/September/2011, 5:08:11 PM | Message # 7
Major general
For those of you interested, and are on Steam; Valve is giving Portal for free until September 20. Hurry up and download it. It's a blast, and the ending is one of the best especially the song. Maybe after playing Portal, you guys will know why I love the series. Who knows, maybe one of you will end up purchasing Portal 2 biggrin

http://pc.ign.com/articles/119/1195049p1.html

On a side note, Portal 2 is officially my favorite game. Well, favorite until The Last Guardian come out :P

GuzmanDate: Friday, 16/September/2011, 11:15:19 PM | Message # 8
Lieutenant general
Quote (nivasan6)
For those of you interested, and are on Steam; Valve is giving Portal for free until September 20.

Thanks for the heads up yo. Is this what was offered for free a while back, & I missed?

Either way, cool!

nivasan6Date: Sunday, 18/September/2011, 2:36:20 PM | Message # 9
Major general
No, they were giving it for free awhile back because they announced that Steam will be coming to Mac. They offered Portal as a free gift for both PC and Mac. This time they are offering it for free because of some Educational program.

I hope you enjoy it!

GuzmanDate: Sunday, 18/September/2011, 4:25:03 PM | Message # 10
Lieutenant general
Right, but it 'was' Portal that they were offering is what I meant.

Quote (nivasan6)
I hope you enjoy it!

Can't play now, but I will!

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » Portal 2
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024