Group: Moderators
Just some new information regarding multiplayer:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011....etailed

GuzmanDate: Sunday, 10/July/2011, 2:32:50 PM | Message # 31
Lieutenant general
Quote (Kuzu)
but my initial impressions were that i was not "wowed"

That actually might be a good point.. Typically you'd probably know right off the bat if it interested you or not.

Quote (Kuzu)
its not a FPS, which ive played in just about every game since the end of my ps2 days, so thats a biggie.

I like that about it to be honest. It's something different, & being a TPS it offers varying GP elements that a neat, like being able to pan the camera behind you.

Quote (Kuzu)
the controls are not as fluid, the crosshairs just seem rudimentary, and the aiming just seems a little screwball compared to the only other 3PS that i know: RDR.

I konw where you're coming from here. Initially I was put off by this as well. I dunno if I've just grown accustomed to it the last few days, & it was just me to begin w/ but I've come to handle it well enough. I still need to play some UC2, for comparisons sake; controls might be identical, & I had just forgotten how it played. I haven't played RDR as you know, but if performing simple actions like rolling are difficult to execute, that claim seems a little suspect to me. (Though I can't remember if that was due to the FragFX deal.)

Quote (Kuzu)
i dont want to knock games that ppl like, so this is not my goal. if u guys like it, thats great, and i hope u enjoy it.

We all know that isn't your intent dude.

Quote (Kuzu)
and guz, i dunno, i havent found satisfaction in a game for a while now. im trying to find something that appeals to me, but i guess im either a big complainer or i just have too high of a standard that nothing can match my criteria. i dont even know what it is that i want anymore.

I completely understand. Honestly I feel like I'm in the same boat. It's been a very long time since a MP game has really intrigued me... UC2 was the last though, & it looks like UC3 will be next.

Best Plays Of The Week #2

Quote (nivasan6)

P.S.
I'm getting really pumped for Resistance 3, yes, I know I've been "bashing" their direction and essentially the game, but I can't wait for it now. Good thing the beta starts soon.

When is that again, O' Keeper of the Clock?

nivasan6Date: Sunday, 10/July/2011, 3:35:18 PM | Message # 32
Major general
Guz, I'm not exactly sure, as I have been asking Alu when it actually begins since we're guaranteed to be in the beta. I've been researching and it seems that the beta starts July 25th for people who bought SOCOM, but I'm not sure if it actually starts earlier. I may get three codes, one from SOCOM, one from Insomniac, and one from Sony. If I get three codes I'll post two of them in the Resistance thread, and whoever grabs them first gets it, unless someone desperately wants one; then I will send a message via PSN.

GuzmanDate: Sunday, 10/July/2011, 5:00:48 PM | Message # 33
Lieutenant general
BTW Mr. Kuzu I'm sorry for yelling at you on your Birthday. *Raises Glass* Hope it was a good one, & much <3, homie!
(You share the same Bday w/ my mommy too! *^_^*)

banion7Date: Monday, 11/July/2011, 0:00:31 AM | Message # 34
Colonel
I think it's cool that you guys have got something to sink your teeth into - and I wish I was on the same flight...

I downloaded the game, cranked it up, and waited looking at the lobby start waiting for players screen or whatever for like 15 minutes and then turned it off and went to Mercenary Team Death match in MW2. And that's how it ended.

I've watched beta vids and everything and it looks great - but for some reason I just do not feel drawn to it - don't know why, really don't. Maybe it's the camera. Maybe I'm still hooked on MW2 too much. Can't really make an argument for not at least giving it a try, other than I just don't want to get into it...

I'll be watching all you guy's vids and following the discussion however, and cheering from the sidelines lol.

KuzuDate: Monday, 11/July/2011, 0:00:37 AM | Message # 35
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
guz: no apologizing necessary dude. if i said something rude that is being rude, no matter what day it is. ~_0
the aiming does feel weird to me. not just cuz its a TPS, but because it just feels weird. i can play RDR fine (i use DS). maybe i should pump up the sensitivity to full? but aiming in general just seems.. off. its like u have to do mini-strafes even at medium easy-to-shoot-at-range. u cant just keep your x-hair in one position even if its pointed right at the stationary target. i seem to go through some kind of dance with my x-hairs. thats what i mean.

when i watch reds vids of UC3 though, it makes it look more appealing to say the least. and last night was pretty fun, gotta admit. me, dux, red and late entry of prismatic. having squirrel teammates, for a starter, makes me like any game...the new map was pretty cool. lots of nooks and crannies to explore. lots of towers and higher buildings to get the edge. Yemen. but the controls make me frustrated still. i told red this, but ive already basically ruined another controller (well my left thumbstick) because of the constant spinning and mashing of the sprint button.

can u guys fill me in on server details? how was it for UC2? what is expected of UC3?

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 11/July/2011, 11:44:27 PM | Message # 36
Our Sexy Leader
Kuzu: Yup, had fun playing with you again. (^_-)d It had been toooo long. I hope it happens again soon. Of course, the beta only has two more days or whatever & then we've got to wait until November 1st. (>_<)

dux: Did you happen to save that match with your Smoke into the game winning beat down? I can cap it for you, if you'd like.

Guz: gg's as always. 3TDM is pretty fun, but like we've said it could easily be changed into 4TDM. Let's hope they do something like that, especially when it's on bigger maps. Sometimes it takes waaaaay too long to find people on Yemen.

Marsh: Always good to see & play with you, bro.

niva: Why aren't you planning on giving the MP a go, again?

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 12/July/2011, 0:55:38 AM | Message # 37
Lieutenant general
Quote (Kuzu)
if i said something rude that is being rude, no matter what day it is. ~_0

Nah, you weren't being rude.

Quote (Kuzu)
maybe i should pump up the sensitivity to full? but aiming in general just seems.. off. its like u have to do mini-strafes even at medium easy-to-shoot-at-range. u cant just keep your x-hair in one position even if its pointed right at the stationary target. i seem to go through some kind of dance with my x-hairs. thats what i mean.

I don't quite understand what you're saying here. Pumping sens up will only affect aiming speed when ADSed, but I find the default too low, so I'd raise it some. (I've got mine 1 tick down from max)
The most effective method is to pan & center the camera as best as possible, then ADS & make w/e modifications required afterwards. If you've been using the AK, I recommend trying the G-MAL & purchasing the accuracy boost mod for it. It also caters to your weapon preference & playstyle.

Quote (Kuzu)
i told red this, but ive already basically ruined another controller (well my left thumbstick) because of the constant spinning and mashing of the sprint button.

I need a new Dualshock too. Clicking the left stick is also weird. All worn out n stuff. I opened it but It appears unfixable. >_<

Quote (Kuzu)
can u guys fill me in on server details? how was it for UC2? what is expected of UC3?

If you're asking if they've got dedicated servers, they don't. Or didn't, I'm not sure what the case is w/ UC3. I could never find a direct answer for UC2 as well, but the game would go through host migration. (I think, Can't remember if it actually 'stated' host migration.) Anyway, I wouldn't let that dissuade you. IDK how they did it, but UC2, connection wise was nigh flawless. It deteriorated slightly after the game got crappy though, & UC3 feels to be on that same level as of right now. Still pretty good though, esp when comparing to other PTP games like CoD.
EDIT: Neither UC2 or UC3 had or will have dedicated servers.

Quote (redhamuSLA)
Kuzu: Yup, had fun playing with you again. (^_-)d It had been toooo long. I hope it happens again soon. Of course, the beta only has two more days or whatever & then we've got to wait until November 1st. (>_<)

I don't know the details, but there is going to be some sort of promotion from Subway allowing people to get into another UC3 Beta in October.

Message edited by Guzman - Tuesday, 12/July/2011, 5:24:45 AM

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 12/July/2011, 3:34:16 AM | Message # 38
The Clan Elder
guz: the aiming thing
dont want to make generalizations, but lets face it; u and red have much better aiming than i do. to me, it feels like the aiming reticule does not stay still. i may be aiming at a guy, and even after i get my crosshairs fixed on the guy who isnt moving, the reticule will move off to the side slightly. then i have to readjust aiming again, seemingly for every shot. i dont mean that the shots are not perfectly on target, but i mean the reticule seems to move with each shot. so maybe this is happening, but since u guys are better at adjusting it doesnt affect u. the other more likely alternative, is that my controller is indeed FUBAR; since its "loose" it doesnt stick in a stationary position and moves even when i fire at a stationary target. either way, thats a bad thing for me.

at this point, im not counting any game out, for any reason. i had my standards, but then they just keep getting destroyed for each game.

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 12/July/2011, 6:17:03 AM | Message # 39
Lieutenant general
Quote (Kuzu)
the other more likely alternative, is that my controller is indeed FUBAR; since its "loose" it doesnt stick in a stationary position and moves even when i fire at a stationary target. either way, thats a bad thing for me.

I'd guess this is the cause. Regardless of aiming ability, the crosshairs shouldn't move. Think I said this earlier, but alot of the time I move into the shot, rather than readjusting aim.

Quote (Kuzu)
at this point, im not counting any game out, for any reason. i had my standards, but then they just keep getting destroyed for each game.

Glad to hear! I also will not count out BF3.

-Having trouble successfully stealthing enemies? Wait till their arrow turns blue before attempting to stealth!

redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 12/July/2011, 8:22:24 AM | Message # 40
Our Sexy Leader
Sniping tips! (>_<)

Care to make an in-house sniping vid? I'm largely a visual learner!

AlucardDate: Tuesday, 12/July/2011, 12:14:12 PM | Message # 41
Colonel
Quote (Kuzu)
to me, it feels like the aiming reticule does not stay still. i may be aiming at a guy, and even after i get my crosshairs fixed on the guy who isnt moving, the reticule will move off to the side slightly. then i have to readjust aiming again, seemingly for every shot. i dont mean that the shots are not perfectly on target, but i mean the reticule seems to move with each shot. so maybe this is happening, but since u guys are better at adjusting it doesnt affect u. the other more likely alternative, is that my controller is indeed FUBAR; since its "loose" it doesnt stick in a stationary position and moves even when i fire at a stationary target. either way, thats a bad thing for me.

if your talking about the AK47 then i agree with you. i always have to use controlled burst shots from victims that are far away. also all of my controllers are fucked up from cod games! my left analog stick always goes to the left and my triangle button has a mind of its own. while i aim it would automatically switch to my secondary weapon and would result in a death (>_<)

i mainly run and gun blind firing in the UC3 beta and do well most of the time if it werent for people always perched up high with their buddies and gmal's. basically i only ADS when i have to but if i think i can get them without aiming im running and rolling towards you! lol

Guz, i also had trouble figuring out the controls playing this beta lol its been so long since U2. i kept hitting square to reload for the first 4 games or so. i think the only addition to the controls is the sprint function. i dont remember being able to spring in U2.

oh and my control sensitivity is pretty low. its probably at 25%. on default it was too fast but it could also be my fucked up controller not being able to aim right lol

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 12/July/2011, 12:21:25 PM | Message # 42
Major general
red, I just don't like the multiplayer in the Uncharted games. I will admit that I enjoyed the Uncharted 2 beta and the full game a month after release, but after that it just died out on me. There are just too many off things about the game that would be considered glitches/bugs in most games, but in Uncharted they're embraced. For example, you can throw grenades whilst jumping or rolling. I had this done many times to me in that someone rolled to me and killed me with a melee attack coming right after a roll.

Warhawk, MGO, SOCOM, Syphon Filter offer better multiplayer than Uncharted. I only like Uncharted for the story.

Guz, you supposedly get the full multiplayer portion of the game from Subway, not a beta. But, if my theory is correct, then you too are correct in that it would probably be a beta.

Message edited by nivasan6 - Tuesday, 12/July/2011, 1:59:56 PM

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 12/July/2011, 6:38:51 PM | Message # 43
Lieutenant general
Quote (redhamuSLA)
Sniping tips! (>_<)

Care to make an in-house sniping vid? I'm largely a visual learner!

Oops, sorry! I could make a vid, but there's no way it'd be done before the Beta expires, if that's OK? (I secretly don't want you to surpass me... Seriously.)

Quote (Alucard)
my left analog stick always goes to the left and my triangle button has a mind of its own. while i aim it would automatically switch to my secondary weapon and would result in a death (>_<)

lol, I will occasionally switch shoulders mid-gunfight... Double >_<!

Quote (Alucard)
i dont remember being able to spring in U2.

Yeah, everything is identical except that, IIRC.

Quote (nivasan6)
Guz, you supposedly get the full multiplayer portion of the game from Subway, not a beta. But, if my theory is correct, then you too are correct in that it would probably be a beta.

Hmm, right. Guess we'll find out.

Message edited by Guzman - Tuesday, 12/July/2011, 6:41:02 PM

redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 12/July/2011, 9:36:39 PM | Message # 44
Our Sexy Leader
Quote (Guzman)
Oops, sorry! I could make a vid, but there's no way it'd be done before the Beta expires, if that's OK? (I secretly don't want you to surpass me... Seriously.)

Do it! It doesn't matter about the timing. I'm sure it'll be a great reference for when the game gets shipped! (^_-)d I WANT TO SURPASS YOU!!!...Seriously. LOL.

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 13/July/2011, 0:02:19 AM | Message # 45
The Clan Elder
get a room u noobs...

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » Uncharted 3
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024