Group: Moderators
Just some new information regarding multiplayer:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011....etailed

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 15/October/2011, 9:38:58 AM | Message # 121
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
Quote (Guzman)
You wanna talk about it, Buddieee?

Naw. Same 'ol woes. (>_<) On a semi-related note, I've finally raised my kdr above a 1.5! (^_-)d LOL.

AlucardDate: Saturday, 15/October/2011, 3:06:07 PM | Message # 122
Colonel
the game seems to be improving slowly. lame hit detection and delayed kills are no fun

GuzmanDate: Sunday, 16/October/2011, 2:03:05 AM | Message # 123
Lieutenant general
Man, the more I play the less I like it. What was once a sure thing, it looking like a toss up...

Quote (redhamuSLA)
I've finally raised my kdr above a 1.5! (^_-)d LOL.

Yeah, something's definitely wrong. ^_-

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 17/October/2011, 10:53:35 PM | Message # 124
Our Sexy Leader
So,...Guz, Alu, anyone with the beta...what did you guys think of my latest PE vid? Am I on or are there some things you don't agree with?

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 18/October/2011, 0:54:13 AM | Message # 125
Lieutenant general
Quote (redhamuSLA)
So,...Guz, Alu, anyone with the beta...what did you guys think of my latest PE vid? Am I on or are there some things you don't agree with?

LOL, reading too many of the comments there, yo?

Agree:
-Recoil should be reduced. Health is OK as is.
-More weapons need to be made viable. From loadout select, only M9 & KAL fit this; all other weapons have some sort of crippling drawback. This is possibly also why power weapons feel more prominent than they were in the Beta days.
-Aiming center mass encouraged. Trying for HS, even w/ M9, will lose you the gunfight. HS don't do more DMG. (AFAIK)
-Stopping Power needs to be increased. (Beta lvls OK, same as UC2)
-Dragunov needs to be completely reverted to Beta mechanics. Scope appearance, speed, etc. Scope speed wasn't so quick that you could follow moving targets, (in some cases) but it wasn't as uselessly slow as it is now.
-Quick nade drop/Nade drop + roll/scoped nade tosses all need to return. The loss of these gives the BFers yet another advantage.

Disagree:
-Bit of a contradictory statement here, but I'm not sure if it's recoil hurting the sniper as it stands now. Shot delay & slow scope speed are the biggest offenders right now as I see it. Still, as I said, I'm entirely in favor of returning the Dragunov to it's Beta iteration. It was absolutely perfect IMO. A fearsome weapon at nearly any distance provided you could handle it, w/o being overpowered. & so damn fun.
-There is no stopping power in the game. Like how their GP mechanic changes are equally suspect, they appear to a hit & miss track record w/ even implementing supposed fixes. For example, on 'Fort' in UC2, there was a 'out of map' exploit that could be taken advantage of. Patches 1.05, 1.06, 1.07 etc. (can't remember how long it exactly went on) all supposedly fixed this problem, yet they never did. I'd be willing to bet it's still there to this day. Yet they fixed everything flawlessly up to 1.04. Point being, I don't trust that they actually implemented stopping power as they've shown in the past that they can be pretty damn incompetent when it comes to this sort of thing. & it's not like they'd come out & admit that they screwed up either. Another reason I'm annoyed w/ them. & even 'IF' stopping power if there, its sooo slight it's damn pointless. But it's not. I've played & been on the brink of death enough to know. Not there.
-Melee lunge. Not saying it shouldn't be purged, but you kinda made it sound like its a GP mechanic, when it's just lag. Though I've seen it happen much more often during the Subway promotion than in the Beta, too. That's actually my biggest source of praise for ND. Even though UC's always been P2P, they've done an amazing job mitigating lag, regardless of who you're connected to... Till now? IDK. Truthfully, I feel many problems are stemming from connection issues at this point.

There ya go.

Message edited by Guzman - Tuesday, 18/October/2011, 3:20:02 AM

redhamuSLADate: Sunday, 23/October/2011, 6:10:02 AM | Message # 126
Our Sexy Leader
Quote (Guzman)
Even though UC's always been P2P, they've done an amazing job mitigating lag, regardless of who you're connected to... Till now? IDK. Truthfully, I feel many problems are stemming from connection issues at this point.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, dude. I regard both you & your brother to be much better players than myself & as such, I'm sure you guys know your shit better than I do. I always come to you guys for specifics & come out with a better understanding. <3!

Regarding the selected text I decided to quote, me too! I was pumped for this game largely because of this--now I could play a game with most of the Squirrels & not have to rage at the lag like what happens in COD. (>_<) I really hope they get this shit sorted out by the release. Shit needs to happen!

GuzmanDate: Monday, 24/October/2011, 0:31:39 AM | Message # 127
Lieutenant general
Quote (redhamuSLA)
Regarding the selected text I decided to quote, me too! I was pumped for this game largely because of this--now I could play a game with most of the Squirrels & not have to rage at the lag like what happens in COD. (>_<) I really hope they get this shit sorted out by the release. Shit needs to happen!

Yeah, it's difficult to say exactly, as I don't have the controller in my hands, but from watching your vids, it honestly looks pretty comparable to my experience.
In UC2, (again, prepatch, lol.) even going against players I knew were international, lag was never an issue. Another reason that game was cool. The instances where I felt I was cheated could probably be counted on my fingers... No, a single hand!

GuzmanDate: Monday, 24/October/2011, 11:20:38 PM | Message # 128
Lieutenant general
GT Review

"Way of the Iron Fist" Ew... Are "Tips" that everyone knows, still considered tips? Anyway, Museum, another UC2 DLC map is returning for the final week of the Subway promotion.

Lastly, I saw one of the comments on your vids red, where the guy mentioned the Harrison Ford UC3 comm. If you wanna see it, Here it is.

(Also, if you 'do' watch it, could you, or your wife, perhaps, provide a translation for "dokidoki shita'? AFAIK, doki is an onomatopoeia for heart beats... So I'm assuming he's saying playing UC3 makes his heart beat faster. Either way, it's bugging me, lol! Lemme know!)

Message edited by Guzman - Monday, 24/October/2011, 11:21:29 PM

GuzmanDate: Friday, 28/October/2011, 4:14:16 AM | Message # 129
Lieutenant general
UC3 Beta Sniping Guide by Guzman21

There you go dudes. Hope you enjoy it. While this is hardly gonna become a trend for me, any feedback is still appreciated. I have a few thoughts about it myself, but I will withhold them till after others have watched & commented.

Message edited by Guzman - Friday, 28/October/2011, 4:15:29 AM

KuzuDate: Friday, 28/October/2011, 4:20:12 AM | Message # 130
The Clan Elder
A VIDEO FROM GUZMAN TEH MASTER!!!??!?!?!?!

OMG!!11!!!!H4X0RZ!!!!11!!!

actually, despite all that gay sarcastic macho fluff, i am sincerely very excited to watch your vid dude. i havent seen it yet but hope it DOES become a trend...

GuzmanDate: Saturday, 29/October/2011, 0:49:42 AM | Message # 131
Lieutenant general
Ha, thanks dude, but wait till you watch it before asking for more... Though honestly, for my first real attempt at something like this, it didn't turn out too bad.

Message edited by Guzman - Saturday, 29/October/2011, 1:20:03 AM

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 29/October/2011, 5:12:51 AM | Message # 132
Our Sexy Leader
I want more Guzman vids!!! Awesome stuff, bro.

And yeah, LOLZ at that clip with us doing our shit! I'm pretty good at getting myself in bad situations and fucking around sometimes, aren't I? Hehe.

P.S. What's the plan if UC3 continues to suck past release, Guz? (>_<)

GuzmanDate: Sunday, 30/October/2011, 1:26:17 AM | Message # 133
Lieutenant general
Quote (redhamuSLA)
P.S. What's the plan if UC3 continues to suck past release, Guz? (>_<)

What do you mean? Will I continue to play it?

Oh, & do you have any "Museum" matches recorded & planned to upload? I'd like to see some vids on that map.

Message edited by Guzman - Sunday, 30/October/2011, 2:04:57 AM

redhamuSLADate: Sunday, 30/October/2011, 4:44:03 AM | Message # 134
Our Sexy Leader
Gyeah, are you going to continue playing it?

No 'Museum' footage. I only played it maybe 3 times in total. Wasn't really feeling it cuz it's so goddamn vertical & didn't get any other games on it cuz I couldn't bring myself to play the game the last 3-4 days it was active. (>_<; )

GuzmanDate: Sunday, 30/October/2011, 2:42:42 PM | Message # 135
Lieutenant general
Quote (redhamuSLA)
No 'Museum' footage. I only played it maybe 3 times in total. Wasn't really feeling it cuz it's so goddamn vertical & didn't get any other games on it cuz I couldn't bring myself to play the game the last 3-4 days it was active. (>_<; )

Haha, is it over now? I heard something about it supposedly ending on the 28th, (Happy belated Birthday, Al!) but I haven't played in a while either. I hear Museum is a pretty large map too, so it's cool.

Regarding the game, my bro & I were talking about it, & it turns out neither of us are into it. So, gonna pass on UC3... I'll continue to watch your vids, & I trust your judgement, so if they happen to fix it relatively early on I might jump in then. I just don't have faith in them & TBH I get the feeling they just don't give a shit. The Subway showing is what we can expect from the full game, I think, in terms of mechanics & support. (They patched once, & it didn't do anything? -_-)

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » Uncharted 3
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024