[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » Red Dead Redemption
Red Dead Redemption
KuzuDate: Monday, 02/August/2010, 8:00:17 PM | Message # 1
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
i got the game. came in 12hrs (250yen extra) Amazon shipping. unfortunately, its a Region3 version, so i may have trouble getting DLC. (cough *duxy*). dux also has it.

i want to say that im very happy with this game. is it perfect? hell no. but its a well-rounded game. and its a very very nice break from mw2. ive played a bit of everything; SP, Free Roam (entire world is free to, well, roam! MP challenges + Co-op, more) and MP. despite the fact that JP wont get this game until Oct, im not having a hard time connecting to rooms. maybe 1-2/10 times i cant connect. its hard to notice if there is lag, because of the aiming system.

so lets talk about it.

i like this game because it offers diff stuff. since playing R1, i havent bought or been interested in playing anything other than MP (with the exception of Oblivion). now with RDR, i am happy to do all sorts of things. there is so much to do. this game was made by Rockstar, makers of GTA series. i wont go into the SP cuz its just too big/expansive. but ill talk about Free Roam.

i like this. its like a FUCKOFF big lobby, of the ENTIRE playing world. up to 16 players can be in it, and 8 can join in a posse. or u can all be solo. when u kill other ppl, it doesnt count toward any stats, so its purely just for fun. but its good to practice before u get raped in MP. u can do solo/group Gang Bangs (lol i forget what its called) and do mini-missions (ala R2) for the most XP to be had. u can go around killing wild animals and get challenges. u can go around killing NPCs (civilians, local law, etc.) and get a bounty. the bigger it is, the more ppl come after u. u can pick plants, lol. and if u complete missions, u can use certain weapons until u leave that FR session (which u cant unlock til later levels). u can also join MP games through the FR. there are also separate Coop, but it gave me very weak XP so i didnt do many.

(9am, gotta go. continue later...)

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 03/August/2010, 0:00:12 AM | Message # 2
The Clan Elder
cont.
so in Free Roam, u can literally do anything u want. its like having SP and MP in one. (though u cant do the same full missions). the first time i joined, i got invited to a posse of 3, where we immediately went on some Gang missions, got XP, and everything was grand. once we got bored, me and one guy had a friendly 1v1, using throwing knives. it was so funny.. he kept killing me (my first day) but i looked at his body. he had 3-4 knives sticking to his skin! lmao. there are challenges like: killing a bear with a knife, jumping off cliffs, running ppl over with stagecoaches, getting a big bounty on ur head, etc.

the thing about MP is that there are diff aiming modes.
there is full auto aim for us noobies. but since everyone has it, its not really "unfair". there is semi assisted games. and there are full manual aim games. i actually think u guys would like this. i thought i would hate 3rd person, but im getting used to it. (controls are a little clunky at first). most interactions are 1v1. there is none of that massive spawn trapping. there are no noob toobs. only revolvers, shotguns, rifles, and occasional snipers/fire bottles. no kill streak rewards. no grenades. so basically its just weapons only. plain and simple.

its not as competitive either. so that makes it more fun. its more laidback so u can just fuck around and have a good time, instead of (this is me) entering *rage mode* by dying 4 times in a row from toobs, launchers, claymores, and heat seaking stabbers.

anyway, i hope to play with some folks. im having lots of fun, even in Free Roam.

redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 03/August/2010, 1:32:57 PM | Message # 3
Our Sexy Leader
Hmm...Gotta be honest. The shit you've talked about sounds pretty fresh. How much did you put down for your copy?

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 03/August/2010, 8:02:23 PM | Message # 4
The Clan Elder
TBH, im glad that ur being honest! er. yah.
TBH, i didnt put any research into the prices. i went straight to Amazon.JP. it was 5700 new (with a roulette of either US/Asia version) + 250 expedited shipping.

they have already given out 1 free DLC. there are 3-4 more on the way soon, probably at 9$ a pop. one that i know of has 8 more MP maps. they are including lots more Coop missions, player skins, and later i think zombie modes. will give the links later.

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 03/August/2010, 11:14:30 PM | Message # 5
The Clan Elder
http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Redemption_Multiplayer
very nice site with many good details about the game.
DLC details toward bottom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbKankRVHJQ&feature=related
this is how EVERY MP game starts off, in a showdown! fucking dope. though ive never seen anyone pussy out like this guy does; most just stand their ground and fire away, or at most roll then take ppl out.

http://www.youtube.com/user....RQQzsDA
MP footage. this guy is good, too bad he doesnt do commentary. some nice shotty action (great sound to it!)

redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 10/August/2010, 3:16:43 PM | Message # 6
Our Sexy Leader
Level 11 here, on Xbox360. It's been pretty fun so far, but I still don't understand good areas to hold down & how to get to some of them. People getting crazy amounts of HS's is also a bit frustrating just because I can't get them like that yet. We're talking I open fire on their asses, they roll & HS with one shot. WTF. FYI, I'm only playing 'Normal FFA'.

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 11/August/2010, 8:39:36 PM | Message # 7
The Clan Elder
yah i think its the lag TBH. i dont understand how ive got someone locked on, hit them 3 times, they roll, and 1shot HS me and i die. thats gotta be lag. additionally, i think they choose ppl who are the absolute farthest from me! i play against Brits all the time. and germans. im surprised i havnet played someone in antarctica yet. so im just kinda doing all modes and taking things ez. they just released DLC with new MP maps. i think casual and normal are nearly identical.

and this is something thats been puzzling me; have u noticed that almost every game mode (ffa, team, obj) everyone shows up on radar, even when not running/firing? is there *any* stealth at all i wonder?

duxy87Date: Wednesday, 11/August/2010, 10:45:19 PM | Message # 8
Major general
Group: Moderators
Hey Kuz glad you are enjoying RDR and i'm disappointed that i can't join you due to stupid connection issues. Anyway let me clear up a few things that you may or may not know about. Talking weapons- the mauser and high powered pistols are the most powerful handguns so if your using a revolver or volcanic pistol against them then you ass will be served on a plate.

In terms on the 'stealth' issue. Sprinting will also cause enemies to show up on radars, as well as firing. To stop this you need to just run normally and do a few hurdle jumps to gain speed.

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 12/August/2010, 9:19:35 AM | Message # 9
Our Sexy Leader
And holstering your weapon will also increase your regular running speed. (^_-)b

duxy87Date: Thursday, 12/August/2010, 7:30:48 PM | Message # 10
Major general
Really red? i didn't notice that having your weapon in your hand increases your speed. I'll try it out.

Also, i have good news to be announced: I now have NAT 2 connection biggrin we updated our internet connection and now have super fast network. Playing MW2 i'm actually hosting!! and was able to play RDR with Kuz no problems at all.. life feels good

Message edited by duxy87 - Thursday, 12/August/2010, 7:35:59 PM

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 12/August/2010, 8:56:47 PM | Message # 11
Our Sexy Leader
Quote (duxy87)
Really red? i didn't notice that having your weapon in your hand increases your speed.

No, dude. Holstering means putting away your gun.

And grats on getting better internet! That's fucking cool. (^_-)b

KuzuDate: Friday, 13/August/2010, 7:41:08 PM | Message # 12
The Clan Elder
yah me and dux were fucking destroying peeps last night. we played against some italians, spaniards, french, uhmericans (and dont forget the auzzie and white-japanese!). that just about covers the globe...

i know sprinting and firing, blah blah. but i mean, i notice that everyone is on radar, even when NOT moving at all, or firing. especially on FFA. its like its a constant radar ON.

really got into a groove last night. had a 20-0 flawless, as well as 16-1 i think. and was dumb and didnt turn on my PC for recording!

duxy87Date: Saturday, 14/August/2010, 6:45:59 AM | Message # 13
Major general
Dam kuz that would've been good footage to record. The best moment i remember playing on McFarlane's Rance with me sniping in the barn and you sniping on top of the post office. I'm gona be playing this more often now since I'm able to find people to play against and that. And MW2 be secondary preference of gaming

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 01/September/2010, 8:23:36 PM | Message # 14
The Clan Elder
PARTY up - dude

this is something that ive been doing for a while, which will really change ur RDR experience.
whereas in other FPS games, getting into a party is extremely tedious (having to re-invite, cant join mid-game, losing players, start whole process over) in RDR its extremely easy. in fact, its so easy, and so beneficial, its basically an exploit/cheat.

so. this is how i exploit it:
have one good/great game. when the scoreboard pops up, ppl notice u. invite the ppl with skill to join ur party. (the better game u had previously, the better chance to get good ppl). now u have a party of 3-5 of the top ppl... if u have a team/obj game, u will dominate!

i think we can all agree that a good team can shape the games outcome.
---------------------
BE CAREFUL: u are under the control of the party leader. if he/she leaves mid-game, ur WHOLE party also leaves with them.

duxy87Date: Tuesday, 07/September/2010, 9:14:25 AM | Message # 15
Major general
Dear Kuzuranger,

Please come online to play RDR. I'm playing RDR from long absence and would appreciate you to posse up so we can kick sum ass!! It just doesn't feel the same without you by my side sad

Love always,

dux (aka hearts_puppies)

EDIT: OMG the RDR gods have spoken to kuzu.. as soon as I posted this he magically came online. Thankyou god!

Message edited by duxy87 - Tuesday, 07/September/2010, 9:17:13 AM

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » Red Dead Redemption
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024