[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Mess Hall » General Discussion » NEED HELP SQUIRRELS
NEED HELP SQUIRRELS
PatrickDate: Tuesday, 01/March/2011, 11:14:49 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Users
I need a little help for a speech, i need to know "What do hybrid cars do for society?"

banion7Date: Wednesday, 02/March/2011, 0:08:33 AM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Moderators
hybrid cars?? dunno... even Chuck Norris can feel what its like to have a vagina in one?

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 02/March/2011, 0:29:32 AM | Message # 3
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
i had to LOL at this one.

i search google with "what do hybrid cars do for society".

hit results. #1.
answers.yahoo.com
question posted by Patrick.
--------------------------------
anyways, if u need help with researching, there are a ton of resources out there. Google is your friend. here is a sample:

Hybrid Cars can protect the environment in many ways. First, they emit less amounts of gasoline, have a smaller sized engine, and recapture significant amounts of energy normally wasted during braking. Next, these Hybrid Cars offer special tires that are inflated more; this trait makes the engine work less and provides a better grip to the driver. Moreover, the shape an aerodynamics of a vehicle improves gas mileage and handling at the same time. Hybrid Cars do this. Finally, these cars are efficient in city traffic with frequent stops and coasting times because the engine shuts down during these periods.

Hybrid Cars run off a rechargeable battery and gasoline, opposed to gasoline alone. Hybrid batteries help to reduce fuel emissions because the hybrid engine draws on the battery, not gasoline when accelerating. Hybrid gasoline motors are able to shut off when the car is stopped and run off their electricity. Hybrid cars are excellent for the environment. They can reduce smog by 90% and use far less gasoline than conventional cars. Hybrid cars are economical. They can get up to 55 to 60 mpg in city driving, while a typical SUV might travel 15-20 miles per gallon, or use three times as much gas for the same distance!

These vehicles are better than all-electric cars because hybrid car batteries recharge as you drive so there is no need to plug in. Additionally, most average electric cars cannot reach the speed of 50-60 mph, while hybrids can. Most electric cars need to be recharged every 20-60miles. Hybrids are exceptional for the environment.

Hybrid Cars obtain numerous qualities that will slow down Greenhouse Gas emissions. First, they emit less amounts of gasoline, have a smaller sized engine, and recapture energy normally wasted during braking. Next, these Hybrid Cars offer special tires that are inflated more; this trait makes the engine work less and provides a better grip to the driver. Moreover, the shape and aerodynamics of a vehicle improves gas mileage and handling at the same time. Hybrid Cars do this. Finally, these cars are efficient in city traffic with frequent stops and coasting times because the engine shuts down during these periods. Hybrid Cars run off a rechargeable battery and gasoline, opposed to gasoline alone. Hybrid batteries help to reduce fuel emissions because the hybrid engine draws on the battery, not gasoline when accelerating. Hybrid gasoline motors are able to shut off when the car is stopped and run off their electricity. Hybrid cars are excellent for the environment. They can reduce smog by 90% and use far less gasoline than conventional cars. Hybrid cars are economical. They can get up to 55 to 60 mpg in city driving, while a typical SUV might travel 15-20 miles per gallon, or use three times as much gas for the same distance! These vehicles are better than all-electric cars because hybrid car batteries recharge as you drive so there is no need to plug in. Additionally, most average electric cars cannot reach the speed of 50-60 mph, while hybrids can. Most electric cars need to be recharged every 50-100miles. Hybrids are exceptional for the environment

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q....PvG6OpV

PatrickDate: Wednesday, 02/March/2011, 2:26:51 AM | Message # 4
Lieutenant
Never saw that in google, anyways thanks kuz.

duxy87Date: Wednesday, 02/March/2011, 8:41:44 AM | Message # 5
Major general
you doing this for a school/uni assessment D1?

such a big base of uni students in this clan. Me being ex. When is you're speech due? I'll see what I can come up with bro..

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 02/March/2011, 1:17:36 PM | Message # 6
Major general
In my opinion: Hybrid cars don't do too much for society. As much as people believe that Hybrid cars are doing so much, what about the billions spent on resources researching and creating these cars. So, buying a Hybrid car is essentially useless. I'm all for protecting the environment and such, but Hybrid cars to me are pretty useless.

Diesels on the other hand are better and they often times are cleaner too. Especially Mercedes and Audi, they are known for having some of the world's most efficient and cleanest burning Diesel cars.

If you're doing research on this topic I would advise you to stay away from Wikipedia.

Hopefully I gave you some topic ideas to research about the other side of the argument. Usually when I do a presentation I always look at both sides, and formulate my own opinion from both sides.

In summary, look at both sides of the argument, and look deeper than what the proposed question is. As I noted about the companies spending billions and using resources in creating and researching Hybrid cars. You could also mention Diesel cars in there too.

PatrickDate: Thursday, 03/March/2011, 9:48:44 PM | Message # 7
Lieutenant
Dux: its due next week. Tnx man

niva: ill keep that in mind. Tnx

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 04/March/2011, 8:45:28 AM | Message # 8
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
GL with that paper, Pat!

PatrickDate: Monday, 07/March/2011, 6:10:30 AM | Message # 9
Lieutenant
thanx boss

duxy87Date: Monday, 07/March/2011, 7:25:14 PM | Message # 10
Major general
Hey D1, I have done a bit of research and found some resources that may assist in getting extra marks (Apologies for the delay). However unless you want to pay me $200AUD, you will have to go through them and annotate them yourself. But you're lucky here i've even referenced them properly for you, cause I'm a nice guy.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kadirov , D, Varey, R, 2010, 'The Companion Community: How car produces promote Hybrid Car, 'Journal of research for consumers', 17 (1), pp1-17:

http://www.jrconsumers.com/academic_articles/issue_17,_2010?f=42516
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Schaffer, J, 2006, 'Economic Perspectives: Clean Energy Solutions' E JournalUSA, vol. 11, no.2, July, pp7-49:

http://www.america.gov/media/pdf/ejs/0706.pdf

There is a lot of shit to go through in this journal, just use the search button for 'hybrid' / 'economy' / 'environment / 'society' etc. But I think the relevant info is between pages 7-50.

Unknown Author, 2011?,'Advantages of Hybyrid Cars', All Hybrid Cars:

http://www.allhybridcars.com/advantages-of-hybrid-cars.html

BEST OF LUCK FRIEND! High distinction coming your way champ biggrin

Message edited by duxy87 - Monday, 07/March/2011, 7:30:54 PM

PatrickDate: Monday, 07/March/2011, 10:26:37 PM | Message # 11
Lieutenant
Wow, thanks bud. Really appreciate you guys helping me.

duxy87Date: Tuesday, 08/March/2011, 0:03:01 AM | Message # 12
Major general
Quote (Patrick)
Wow, thanks bud. Really appreciate you guys helping me.

We're family mate, just remember that. Even if it seems we argue with eachother alot..HAHA

PatrickDate: Tuesday, 08/March/2011, 2:14:42 AM | Message # 13
Lieutenant
lol.

Added (08/March/2011, 2:14:42 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Thank you dux, niva, kuz.. My speech is finished, couldnt have done it without your help. biggrin

duxy87Date: Tuesday, 08/March/2011, 9:40:59 AM | Message # 14
Major general
Quote (Patrick)
Thank you dux, niva, kuz.. My speech is finished, couldnt have done it without your help.

You're welcome.. Do you have it written up in a document? I would like to see it if that is ok with you? If not, then that's cool smile

PatrickDate: Friday, 11/March/2011, 9:58:36 AM | Message # 15
Lieutenant
Ah, sorry dux. It was hand-written. I could take a picture of it show it to you.

Forum » Mess Hall » General Discussion » NEED HELP SQUIRRELS
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024