Main | Killzone 3 - Page 12 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Killzone » Killzone 3
Killzone 3
nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 21/June/2011, 6:45:35 PM | Message # 166
Major general
Group: Moderators
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011....n-today

This is how real map packs are done. The price is a great plus too, four maps for $4.99. Yes, two of the maps are from Killzone 2, but the amount of detail and changes made to them render them brand new maps. Hell, even the first DLC which I got for free which featured Salamun Market and Blood Gracht; those maps would be unrecognizable to most Killzone 2 players. It felt as if those two were brand new maps. Tactics and entrances/exits from Killzone 2 would not work in the new versions in Killzone 3, which I found out the hard way.

AngDate: Wednesday, 27/July/2011, 9:25:02 PM | Message # 167
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
Ughh, Niva: I jumped back to KZ3 for two games and that is all it took to drop multiplayer. Is it just me or did they add a shit load of weight to the guns? It's impossible to move freely and the recoil is so annoying. :/

What did that patch actually accomplish?

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 27/July/2011, 9:36:51 PM | Message # 168
Major general
Funny, I actually found the guns to be less weighty and have less recoil. Maybe it's because you were used to all the other games you were playing. I can easily jump into Killzone games, but not so much in other games. For example, I barely get more than 10 kills in BC2, before I was averaging 20+ kills, now I'm lucky to even reach 10, lol.

Anyway, the patches were supposed to fix lagging, freezing, and implementing features that were in Killzone 2. As far as I can recall nothing was done to the weight of the guns or the recoil.

Were you just playing Guerrilla Warfare because that is the worst mode in Killzone 3. I think you would enjoy Operations, unless you already decided that you hate it. Warzone in Killzone 3 is hit or miss, unlike Killzone 2, Killzone 3's Warzone is a complete mess. But, it's still a fun game, and one of the only game's where I actually make a difference. I can take over matches at will in Killzone, but not in any other game, lol; maybe UT3.

AngDate: Saturday, 30/July/2011, 8:35:02 PM | Message # 169
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
Really? Wow, I guess I was just too used to Blops and Uncharted 3 (that I miss A LOT).

Blops would be my favorite game if it weren't for all the mess. I could easily hold a 3.5+ K/D if it weren't for all the things I already mention that piss me off. lol

nivasan6Date: Monday, 27/February/2012, 3:05:09 PM | Message # 170
Major general
I know nobody is really going to care, but Killzone 3 is going free-to-play. Basically the "entire" online experience will be free to download and you'll be able to rank up to sergeant 1. In order to rank up completely it will cost $15, and you get 24 hour double xp, free unlock points, ability to create clans and custom matches, and botzones. If anyone is interested in a "free" game, you should give Killzone 3 a chance or second chance for that matter. I probably won't be playing it, but it does have decent multiplayer for those interested. If this becomes popular maybe more companies will release their online version of their games for free until a certain rank. This doesn't look to be a gimmick either since all modes and every map will be available regardless if you pay or not.

"Equally awesome is the news that a free-to-play version of Killzone 3 multiplayer will be available to download from the PlayStation Store next week. All of the game's maps (including downloadable content maps) will be included with the download, as well as the game modes Operations, Guerrilla Warfare, and Warzone. Players will be allowed only to reach the level of Sergeant 1 with this free version, however. The "full experience" will be available for $15, and that grants you a 24-hour double XP bonus, free unlock points, the ability to create clans and custom games, and access to the Botzone mode." - GameSpot

http://www.gamespot.com/feature....6351066

KuzuDate: Monday, 27/February/2012, 8:16:47 PM | Message # 171
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
No, this is good info Niva thanks.
If situations were different, as in, if I were between games then this would be fantastic. I think it's a great idea but I wonder if it's just because they have dropped down in the list of FPS and are trying to regain some interest? KZ2 was a big hit but I wonder how well KZ3 has done. Just my thoughts.

is that a 15$ for full MP AND SP? (not that i will play SP just curious) -_-

nivasan6Date: Monday, 27/February/2012, 8:32:41 PM | Message # 172
Major general
You're absolutely right about Killzone 3 not doing well. Even during it's "peak", it was still hard to find good matches. A lot of people deserted Killzone 3 early as well.

I believe that the $15 is only for the multiplayer. It is kind of steep especially since you could probably buy the Blu-ray for around the same price. People can get a lot of hours without paying for it at all. If I recall correctly you could reset your point allocations, but I'm not sure. If the free version does not allow people to spend or gain unlock points, then it can be a disaster.

Hopefully they're doing this as a new business idea. DC Universe went free-to-play, and it saw many players jump aboard, thought it is an MMO, and it is common for MMO's to go free-to-play. I believe that Guerrilla Games is busy working on a new IP and potentially Killzone 4; so, it is kind of weird for them to do this for a game that is practically "dead".

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Killzone » Killzone 3
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024