[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Killzone 3 - Page 5 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Killzone » Killzone 3
Killzone 3
redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 27/January/2011, 6:37:21 PM | Message # 61
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
Wasn't looking at it in the vids. I actually don't remember much about KZ2 except for the broken-ass auto-aim that plagued the early stages & the respawn nades that made obj games all crazy. Well, that & the MAGNUM. LOL. Run away tactics could be damn fun in that game too.

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 27/January/2011, 6:57:18 PM | Message # 62
Major general
Group: Moderators
The auto aim to me seemed to be only applied to the shotgun, but that was later fixed. Guerrilla Games did go on to please people, but in turn sort of ruined the experience. If you played with me, you would know that I didn't make the objective based games hectic, I had some killer spawn nades. I knew exactly where to place them and why at a certain time based on how the match was shaping up.

Not sure if Dux or Alu remembers, but one match I blew off at someone on my team for being a total idiot about spawn nades. I even tried teaching him and even had him follow me, but he didn't do that nor did he listen to my advice. His tv could've been on mute, but our team was essentially losing because of that idiot who knew nothing about being tactical.

The Magnum was a big scrub weapon, but it took a lot of skill to obtain when not playing in pistols only matches; ahh the irony, lol.

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 27/January/2011, 7:51:03 PM | Message # 63
Our Sexy Leader
Well, initially, you kind of NEEDED to place the respawn nades at the obj in order to win. Later, it was kind of a different story.

Also, it looks like they changed how the guns work. ADS seems to actually be effective like COD. It seems that the hipfire ability is still intact, however.

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 27/January/2011, 8:06:53 PM | Message # 64
Major general
Not necessarily true for your first point. If you know where to place them, then you wouldn't them right by the objective. I only placed them by the objective for the first few times for some laughs, lol.

True for hip-fire, I used to use my sights a lot using the default control scheme where R3 was mapped to look down the sights.

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 27/January/2011, 9:02:55 PM | Message # 65
Our Sexy Leader
Naw, we might have been playing different games. If you didn't place the respawn nade at the obj, the defending team WOULD & then you'd never get in.

The only time I ever used ADS was when there was a stationary player HELLA far away. ADS was virtually useless in the KZ2.

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 27/January/2011, 9:23:07 PM | Message # 66
Major general
Sure you can, all you have to do is strategically place a spawn nade somewhere close, and have your team spawn there and wipe out the opposing team. It really isn't that hard especially if you play with people who know what they're doing. I guess I was lucky to be put in games with people I played before and know what they are capable of, and most of them were really good. Only a few times I would get teamed up with poor players, but sometimes that was wiped away by the fact the opposing team had poor players too, lol.

All in all I guess it all comes down to who you are teamed with. As I look back, I noticed that whenever I group up with the clan, we usually get shitty players on our team. But, when I join one or two members we get amazing players. Something to look into, but somewhat odd.

I look forward to being Tactician again for the clan, but I will have to learn the maps to be able to be effective.

I'm probably not going to be effective in Killzone 3 because of the game is shaping up. I prefer slower paced shooters. I look forward to the challenge. I thought MAG would challenge me, but damn that game is way too easy for me. MoH was hard for me, lol; I barely got above 1 in k/d. Ask Marsh to look at my stats, they are shit even worse then when I didn't care anymore in COD4, lol, and I actually somewhat cared in MoH. MoH is worst, in that if you have bad players there is no way in hell your team will win, but in Killzone there was a slight chance your team will win.

AlucardDate: Friday, 28/January/2011, 5:24:07 PM | Message # 67
Colonel
magnum with armor and quick sprint? ftw lol

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 28/January/2011, 5:58:25 PM | Message # 68
Our Sexy Leader
Quote (Alucard)
magnum with armor and quick sprint? ftw lol

Woooooord!

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 29/January/2011, 6:01:15 AM | Message # 69
Our Sexy Leader
THE OLD KZ.com THREAD

duxy87Date: Monday, 31/January/2011, 12:11:58 PM | Message # 70
Major general
Definately make a new thread... New games calls for new beginnings wink

KuzuDate: Monday, 31/January/2011, 10:33:10 PM | Message # 71
The Clan Elder
CLASS ANALYSIS
here is a breakdown of each class. i honestly love every class and will have a very hard time choosing. i think they all offer effective and unique abiltiess to make each one fun and challenging.
refer to this nifty FAQ if u dont know the abilties/weapons/etc. http://faqs.ign.com/articles/113/1135270p1.html

-------------------
ENGINEER
+ can use the regular or beefy LMG (3rd unlock)
+ can get easy points by fixing ammo boxes all around the map (also safe)
+ can supply self with unlmited ammo (dont have to rely on anyone)
+ can set up sentry turrets for offense/defense
+ can use shotgun pistol
+ Sneaky abilities: hack enemy turrets, unlimited ammo/nades, setup mounted guns for personal use

- LMG is ur main gun, unless ur comfortable with short-range SMG

assuming ur cool with LMGs, this is a great class and has no real drawback. they get the shotgun pistol. they get a level 3 turret, easily the best of the 3 deployable machines. it may not be sexy, but u could go around the map fixing all ammo boxes for decent & easy points, without having to fight enemies. u could go fix the mounted guns and take out unsuspecting buffalo walking nearby. assuming u stay alive for a bit, u could pick up a different weapon and keep refilling for endless ammo. this, to me, is an infantry class. extremely supportive, offers awesome firepower, can be offensive or defensive, and can get some good kills along the way.
-------------------
TACTICIAN
+ can use UAV scan; bar none the most useful ability in the game.
+ can use flying sentry bot
+ one of 2 classes to have 3 weapon types (SMG, LMG, AR)
+ Sneaky ability: UAV sees through walls...!

- supportive ("tactic") abilities are weak. they dont give u many points or defense
- (as of the previous BETA) their only AR is semi-auto, and most ppl cant use them effectively

though the list of pros/cons is small, this may be the most dependable and sought after class. imagine having a class in COD with unlimited UAV, literally... u can see how deadly this could be. having the scan ability at ur disposal, to use whenever u need it, cannot be overlooked. this provides an extreme edge, and since it always benefits u (while teammates may be out of range to see the benefits), this is almost a cheat. it even sees through walls...any way u look at it, this class is extremely solid as they have UAV (defense/offense), sentry (defense/offense) and good weapon selection. slight drawback is that most ppl will probably ignore the semi-auto AR since they cant live without fully auto capabilities, and stick to up-close SMG or slow moving LMG. if the AR changes in the upcoming BETA, this could be a big bonus for the class.
-------------------
FIELD MEDIC
+ super supportive character; "help me help you"
+ can use the all-important heal abillity (for self and teammates)
+ can use medi-droid for defense/distraction
+ only class that gets the best gun; M82 (fully-auto m16-ish gun)
+ can use silenced machine pistol as a good backup
+ can use "tactical insertion" (Triage++) to keep pushing toward objective
+ Sneaky abilities: revive teammates in front of u to take enemy fire + revive "zap" enemies for damage

- basically all defensive abilties

another solid class, the medic will most likely be used by the team-oriented players. however, its also great for the savvy & selfish players. first and most importantly, u can heal urself at any time. lets say ur in the middle of a 1v1 gunfight, taking damage: heal urself and finish the enemy easily (used this tactic in R2, which definitely works). if the medic stays near/behind most of the action, they will have the same benefits from UAVs, plus they can keep reviving ppl for more points. they can use the long-range, uber accurate AR and keep safer. another sly tactic, they can revive ppl in front of them, so their teammates take enemy fire and act as, well, human shields (and to keep building up points). this class is quite comparable to the Tactician: both get personal machinery (though droid is weaker than sentry), heal (though different) is nearly as useful as UAV, revive will get u more points than tacticians support abilities, and the M82 takes the cake over any other weapon. Really not many drawback, except that droid is the weakest of the 3 machines, and no fully offensive ability.
-------------------

KuzuDate: Monday, 31/January/2011, 10:33:59 PM | Message # 72
The Clan Elder
MARKSMAN
+ can cloak for complete stealth
+ only class that is undetected by Recon ability (aka Ghost or Cold Blooded)
+ can shoot and hit targets while remaining semi-cloaked
+ offers obj (warzone) support w/Jammer (up-close), confusing & blinding the enemy
+ ALL SHOTS INVISIBLE ON RADAR (according to the actual photos of abilities in-game)
+ can use shotgun pistol (power) or silenced machine pistol (stealth)
+ can snipe with varying zoom levels
+ one of 2 classes to have 3 weapon types (SMG, AR, Sniper)
+ Sneaky abilities: cloak + invisible on radar! + jam the close-radar + undetected by UAV !!!!

- sniper must stay still and stay away from the action

obviously true snipers will love this class just for the cloak and sniping abilities alone. the average noob wont know how to use the different scrambler abilities effectively. good players should take advantge of these abilities though. its likely that everyone will assume u will use the sniper rifle. this could be extremely fun for run&gun with an AR/SMG, and quite possibly one of the best classes in the game. since the Scrambler abilities are constant, its beastly, since a run&gunner flanking could wipe everyone out while their shots dont show up on radar AT ALL. plus they are completely undetected by UAV scan. in theory, they could kill a few w/smart flaking tactics, then cloak and stay out of the action if in trouble. this could be the shiznit... and no one would expect u to do this. i think this is probably the most dynamic class, needing the most strategy to use effectively. this makes it unique (most wont try the run&gun tactic) and a fun challenge to use.
-------------------

INFILTRATOR
+ only class to have sprint ability, which is unlimited
+ perfect class for run&gun; disguise, unlimited sprint, good weapons
+ undetected by any machines (turret, drone, droid) Ghost PRO
+ can confuse ppl and get easy kills while in disguise
+ can flank easily with sprint for massive kills
+ SMG is a good fit, and (as of previous BETA) only class to have Sta52 (nice med-long range AR)
+ Sneaky abilities: disguise + stab lots of ppl

- basically lacks supportive & offensive abilities
- the sprinter gets a grenade launching pistol and a rocket launcher (good god, why?)

this class will be much more annoying than before. as anyone who run&guns knows (and especially COD gamers) a faster player gets to the action quicker, can flank more effectively, completes the objective first, and generally causes alot of havoc if used effectively. unlimited sprint alone is enough to make this a deadly class. on top of that they can disguise themselves, making this one sneaky, annoying motherfucker. since KZ3 is introducing the coolio melee death scenes, i think more ppl will want to use this class. a good player who can sprint forever, with a good weapon and disguise, will surely put some serious hurt on the enemy team. this guy can do just about everything: be first to get to objective area (get points), get easy flank kills, get out of danger faster, and sneak into enemy territory in disguise. look out.
-------------------

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 31/January/2011, 11:01:44 PM | Message # 73
Our Sexy Leader
Right-o. I have no idea which class I'll be using...

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 01/February/2011, 7:51:44 AM | Message # 74
Major general
Tactician, Marksman, and maybe Infiltrator. Engineer is going to be the most used again anyway. Scrubs go crazy for dem LMG's and beefed up shotgun that can snipe, lol

AlucardDate: Tuesday, 01/February/2011, 6:20:53 PM | Message # 75
Colonel
is this shotty pistol like the the the Pistole in Uncharted 2? if so....should be lots of laughs killing people with it lol and ill most likely run with engineer again. can i still talk shit to the person i just killed while tbagging them as they are watching? LOL

spearer is excited for this game and hopes to see all the Squirrels unite!

Message edited by Alucard - Wednesday, 02/February/2011, 6:52:20 PM

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Killzone » Killzone 3
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024