[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Killzone 3 - Page 6 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Killzone » Killzone 3
Killzone 3
redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 01/February/2011, 9:58:05 PM | Message # 76
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
Man, I hope there is stil proximity chat! That was always fun getting my revenge kill & then talking shit to the bastard.

Yeah, talked to Spearer too. It's looking pretty good as far as a reunion of Squirrels goes. (^_-)b

Also, I'm pretty sure it's time to start up my new account! LOL.

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 02/February/2011, 1:00:29 PM | Message # 77
Major general
Group: Moderators
The open beta is officially out in Europe, and shortly in North America!

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 02/February/2011, 1:22:23 PM | Message # 78
Major general
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/02/01/kz3sweepstakes/#more-44528

The North American beta is delayed till Thursday 10am PST. But, they are giving away 60 limited Helghast Editions which I hope I get. I need that replica Helghast helmet!!!

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 02/February/2011, 7:49:52 PM | Message # 79
The Clan Elder
not sure if i mentioned this to everyone, but u can get 3 unlock points (to use toward weapons/skills) from playing a mini-game they have in the HOME plaza. expires feb 17or24?? (not sure) its not too hard, but it does take some time. (~1hr). 3 unlock points may not seem like much, but if u add to that the 3 u get from pre-ordering, that makes 6. with 6 unlock points, u can get ur character to a decent level, with pretty good benefits.

for example:
engineer - LMG lv1, repair lv1, turret lv3 (faster setup, faster tracking, faster ROF, auto-missiles)
tactician - SMG lv1, tactics lv1, recon lv3 (UAV, drone tracks and fires faster) - or - [[recon lv2 + LMG lv2]]
medic - AR lv3, revive lv1, triage lv1 (heal)
marksman - AR lv1, pistol lv1, cloak lv2 (infinite until shots fired), scramble lv2 (invisible to radar + UAV)
infiltrator - SMG lv2, disguise lv1, survivalist lv2 (unlimited sprint) - or - [[disguise lv2 (ghostPro) + survivalist lv1]]

if u havent done the game, and want to, here are my pointers:
- play the game as normal. just shoot stuff. u will see the patterns after a few runs through it.
- DONT ADS. its very hard to see the target, and shooting from the hip is just as accurate. in fact, hip fire has crosshairs, where ADS doesnt. go figure.
- not sure when u can see them, but go look at the challenges section before/after playing. it will say what u need for each of the 3 levels (something like killstreak, overal accuracy, and something else)
- always shoot whatever has the circle around it. this is the place u will take fire from (and lose health) if u dont kill it.
- after u complete the 3 levels and challenges, u need to get 'assist' challenges. this took me a while to figure out, since alot of ppl are douches and dont want to give u any help. to get the assist points, u have to run around the plaza, and eventually random crates will be dropped from the dropship. run over them, then run back to the game. iirc, i had to get 22 crates to get the full challenges completed. this took me the most time, more than actually playing the game.

after u complete everthing, u get the last reward, which is a voucher for the 3 unlock points. type in the code as instructed, and it will automatically be saved to ur game data. ( u can check to make sure its there, by going into account management > services > killzone 3 unlock points or something very similar to that). when u pop in ur retail game version, the points will automatically be added.

WARNING: for all u fuckers using multiple accounts (*cough redx10, banx4) make sure u use the account u want to play KZ3 with. since i dont think they are transferable (otherwise we could theoretically get unlimited unlock points form different accounts).

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 02/February/2011, 8:02:55 PM | Message # 80
Major general
I get access to all weapons and abilities from day one for 24hrs.

I did the challenge, and got my points. The game itself in HOME was rather disappointing, but at the same time decent enough for a HOME game. I agree with you on people being idiots not wanting to help, but I got help relatively quickly. I believe that I had to deliver 13 crates. For those of you who are into the whole dressing your avatar, completing the challenge will net you an ISA uniform, would've been better if it were a Helghast uniform.

Kuzu, do you know if the Tactician and Infiltrator/Saboteur will look the same from Killzone 2? I hope it does because they were the best looking characters only on the Helghast side the whole ISA side is shit ugly, lol.

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 02/February/2011, 8:39:17 PM | Message # 81
The Clan Elder
killzone 3 mp classes

killzone 2 mp classes

lol they are exactly the same! sry, i cant really be bother to go watch both KZ2 and KZ3 YT footage to compare them. all i know is, i saw some game footage, and doods were wearing big bubble HALO-looking space helmets at some points. other times they didnt. i think its gotta be the same though: ISA looks gay. Helghast looks dope.

EDIT: i dont trust that KZ3 pic... (fandmade?) because the Marksman is actually the Infantry class (or whatever it was called in KZ2) cuz hes holding a rocket launcher, and is obviously NOT a sniper...

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 02/February/2011, 8:44:41 PM | Message # 82
Major general
Thanks Kuzu, but why the hell is the Marksman wearing the Assualt class armor and he has a rocket launcher too, lol.

Tactician looks lame, but at least Saboteur is still the same

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 02/February/2011, 9:20:55 PM | Message # 83
The Clan Elder
Retro pack: officially announced

Salumun Market (24 players + exoskeletons)
Blood Gracht (16 players + plantlife + why this fucking map?)

salumun market is a solid choice, and im pretty happy thats included. but blood gracht was one of the worst maps in KZ2. ppl often complain about Radec academy, but i think Blood Gracht is worse. even less room to maneuver. guys blocking doorways/stairways so u cant even get out, then get blasted by nades or turrets. this is like the Nuketown of KZ2. poor choice of maps IMO. truly, i am sad that Pyrrhus Rise is not included. that is one of my favorite maps of all time.

redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 02/February/2011, 10:41:23 PM | Message # 84
Our Sexy Leader
LOLZ at Pyrrhus Rise! That was such a nub map & you know it, Kuzu! All those poor nubs you'd take advantage of there...Hehe.

I agree on Blood Gracht, however. That should never have been included. Clusterfuck 100% of the time.

I'm also down with the Market. (^_-)b

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 02/February/2011, 11:04:33 PM | Message # 85
The Clan Elder
dude. Pyrrus Rise was the shit! absolutely loved sniping there. but the times i didnt, i wouldnt call it a noob map, cuz u needed to work together to push forward down those long streets. i thought there were good spots for the objectives (3 buildings) and still some decent cover even though alot of it is open space.

well maybe im a little biased since i got my longest killstreak ever, sniping on that map! lol

EDIT: u just dont like it cuz ur a sniper-classist!! u run n gun bigot!

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 02/February/2011, 11:49:15 PM | Message # 86
Lieutenant general
Quote (nivasan6)
But, they are giving away 60 limited Helghast Editions which I hope I get.

Me Too... >_<

KuzuDate: Thursday, 03/February/2011, 0:43:47 AM | Message # 87
The Clan Elder
from gameplay vids, i can confirm that:
- a player can carry 2 proximity mines
- 1 mine can kill a player (not sure if it kills someone with armor or extra health)
- the Sta14 (semi-auto AR) has 12 rounds per clip (in KZ2 it was 8) plus more total rounds
- u can pick up a primary weapon to use in 2ndary weapon slot

from asking in forums, i learned that:
- cant pick up prox mines once set
- (from last 2 betas) u can set, then refill from ammo box, and set more prox mines... (possibly infinite)
- if u are mortally wounded (basically like last stand) it counts as a death. being "revived" is just a respawn
- turrets, drones, droids once again have a team-limit for the amount that can be used at one time
- there are 45 ranks

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 03/February/2011, 3:57:09 AM | Message # 88
Our Sexy Leader
"Sniper-classist", huh? LOL. There might be something to that. Well, at least in KZ2's 'spot & mark' version...

Hey, do know if it's still 1HK anywhere on the body?

KuzuDate: Thursday, 03/February/2011, 9:10:18 AM | Message # 89
The Clan Elder
as far as i can tell from YT vids, yes sill 1HK.

<-- downloading beta from HK store, since its not out for a few more hours in US. hope this works on all accounts once its open to all countries. (saw some already playing the JP version)

oh, its 802MB, and for some reason is taking forever to DL. kinda weird, yesterday got the Das Racist album and it was pumping out over 1MB per second download speed...

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 03/February/2011, 11:43:01 AM | Message # 90
Major general
Yay, my favorite map of all time is included in the retro map pack: Salamun Market. I love that map, I absolutely dominate every match I had in that map, especially whilst sniping.

Blood Gracht isn't that bad people, sure it can get hectic and frustrating, but it's a good overall map. There are also plenty of spots to flank players. I'd say that Guerrilla Games made a great choice with the retro map pack.

Kuzu, Pyrrhus Rise was probably the worst map in Killzone 2, it's actually a tie between that and Corinth Crossing. Pyrrhus was just a bad map, that map obviously favored ISA way too much. Actually a lot of the maps favored ISA except Salamun Market which is the only true balanced map. I do like sniping maps, but Pyrrhus Rise was ridiculous in that it almost required good snipers in order to win on that map unless Scouts were blocked. Even in cod4 the sniping map: Bloc, wasn't even this bad(the map with the two apartment complex looking over each other with a big statue in the middle). I believe that I also got my largest kill streak on Pyrrhus Rise, but I was playing Tactician, and I was at the level where I joined games with people at my level(Scout wasn't unlocked by anyone then).

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Killzone » Killzone 3
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024