not sure if i mentioned this to everyone, but u can get 3 unlock points (to use toward weapons/skills) from playing a mini-game they have in the HOME plaza. expires feb 17or24?? (not sure) its not too hard, but it does take some time. (~1hr). 3 unlock points may not seem like much, but if u add to that the 3 u get from pre-ordering, that makes 6. with 6 unlock points, u can get ur character to a decent level, with pretty good benefits.
engineer - LMG lv1, repair lv1, turret lv3 (faster setup, faster tracking, faster ROF, auto-missiles)
tactician - SMG lv1, tactics lv1, recon lv3 (UAV, drone tracks and fires faster) - or - [[recon lv2 + LMG lv2]]
medic - AR lv3, revive lv1, triage lv1 (heal)
marksman - AR lv1, pistol lv1, cloak lv2 (infinite until shots fired), scramble lv2 (invisible to radar + UAV)
infiltrator - SMG lv2, disguise lv1, survivalist lv2 (unlimited sprint) - or - [[disguise lv2 (ghostPro) + survivalist lv1]]
if u havent done the game, and want to, here are my pointers:
- play the game as normal. just shoot stuff. u will see the patterns after a few runs through it.
- DONT ADS. its very hard to see the target, and shooting from the hip is just as accurate. in fact, hip fire has crosshairs, where ADS doesnt. go figure.
- not sure when u can see them, but go look at the challenges section before/after playing. it will say what u need for each of the 3 levels (something like killstreak, overal accuracy, and something else)
- always shoot whatever has the circle around it. this is the place u will take fire from (and lose health) if u dont kill it.
- after u complete the 3 levels and challenges, u need to get 'assist' challenges. this took me a while to figure out, since alot of ppl are douches and dont want to give u any help. to get the assist points, u have to run around the plaza, and eventually random crates will be dropped from the dropship. run over them, then run back to the game. iirc, i had to get 22 crates to get the full challenges completed. this took me the most time, more than actually playing the game.
after u complete everthing, u get the last reward, which is a voucher for the 3 unlock points. type in the code as instructed, and it will automatically be saved to ur game data. ( u can check to make sure its there, by going into account management > services > killzone 3 unlock points or something very similar to that). when u pop in ur retail game version, the points will automatically be added.
WARNING: for all u fuckers using multiple accounts (*cough redx10, banx4) make sure u use the account u want to play KZ3 with. since i dont think they are transferable (otherwise we could theoretically get unlimited unlock points form different accounts).