[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Killzone 3 - Page 7 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Killzone » Killzone 3
Killzone 3
nivasan6Date: Thursday, 03/February/2011, 1:43:35 PM | Message # 91
Major general
Group: Moderators
The Killzone 3 reviews are in, and they are for the most part pure shit, lol. Their main gripe with it is the story, yet they give BO and Reach a higher score. The stories in those games are some of the worst in a fps game, hell even the UT3 story is better than that of Halo and cod. Anyway, it's their opinion and reviewers to me are usually wrong. I guess we all know that reviewers also don't like new experiences, and from what I heard about Killzone 3 and Move, people were blown away by how it controlled and played.

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 03/February/2011, 2:03:24 PM | Message # 92
Major general
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-killzone-3/710136

This video review is quite good.

KuzuDate: Thursday, 03/February/2011, 7:07:49 PM | Message # 93
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
well reviews mean nothing. they are like movie critics. some good, some bad, but all that matters in the end is whether u personally like the game/movie. anyways, most of us could care less about the SP aspect it seems. so if the MP is fun and challenging and not filled with too many pitfalls, thats enough (for me at least).

tried the beta last night with red aka kakapoopodoodooheadredheaddead or something like that. started out on 30% standard sensitivity (um... why?) and moved it to 60. still felt sluggish, so moved it to 90, and felt little change. not saying i didnt enjoy it, but its definitely gonna take a while to get used to the feel of things again. even playing Red Dead Redemption, which is quite slow, doesnt even prepare me for Killzone. may have to go sniping for a while till i get the hang of controls.

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 03/February/2011, 7:41:25 PM | Message # 94
Major general
I played the beta, and it doesn't feel sluggish to me. In fact it feels as if they increased the sensitivity. I also don't like how classes and abilities are looking. Why is there no spawn grenade, but instead we have to capture a bloody spawn point. I guess I'm going to have to get used to it. I only played one match against bots just because I didn't want to wait or have connection issues. The whole killing spree and displaying points in the middle of the screen isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it is quite annoying. I hate having a cluttered HUD, and that makes it too damn cluttered even with those pesky kill spree ribbons/perks displayed off to the right of the screen. So far I'm not really seeing me playing the Tactician that often, but rather I see myself spending a lot of time with the Infiltrator and Marksman class.

Judging from the beta Killzone 2 is still the best fps imo. If only Killzone 3 retains the weighted controls in MP as well, then I would rank Killzone 3 higher. As it stands now Killzone 2, MAG/Warhawk, BC2(been watching a lot of videos for it, and it looks sick. I need to get it soon, smile ), something else just can't think right now, lol; these are my top multiplayer games for me. MAG and Warhawk are second simply because I found them to be fun and rewarding. Killzone 2 is #1 because I'm a Killzone fanboy, lol.

KuzuDate: Thursday, 03/February/2011, 10:58:41 PM | Message # 95
The Clan Elder
i felt like how i looked: a dude in a space suit.

i can understand the idea of having weight to guns. i think pistols > shotgun/SMGs > Sniper/AR > LMG in terms of ADS, movement, and even turning speed. but i could barely turn when just running. i can relate to the concept of feeling more like a real soldier, with loads of provisions on his backpack, so that he should similarly be slower. but EYE movement would never decrease in that situation. turning ones HEAD should never be slower. if i want to make a 90 degree turn, just when running, it shouldnt be a hassle to do so. this, to me, is why KZ3 is sluggish. its not that im sooo used to COD with my 10-super sensitivity settings. i used a 5 or 6, which is quite moderate, even slow to alot of ppl. so im fine with that. but KZ3 controls are still very sluggish, even after i came off playing RDR. i feel like a robot, who only turns from my remote control a second after i tell him. but yah, i think with time i can get over this and adjust, as i did for KZ2. i wasnt overly complaining about the controls in KZ2, so im not going to now. but its just my first overall impression. hard to move like i want it.

banion7Date: Friday, 04/February/2011, 0:10:26 AM | Message # 96
Colonel
Quote (Kuzu)
felt like how i looked: a dude in a space suit.

LOL kuzu I got nothing agianst Killzone but I played the demo last night and this describes exactly what it felt like to me too - socks in the shower if you will -it wasnt the speed or the sensitivity so much as the disconnected feeling.. Numb. Got very carsick after 5 rounds or so, however I realize this has more to do with my own fiddling on the sticks than actual game mechanics.

This was exactly the sensation I remember from the short time I tried out KZ2 at a friends house a while back, and I don't think I want to try to get used to it. So, unfortunately I don't think Ill be purchaseing this game, just is not for me.

Be nubbing it up in mw2 servers by myself tl res 3 I guess, *sob* lol

banion7Date: Friday, 04/February/2011, 1:01:39 AM | Message # 97
Colonel
Quote (nivasan6)
Killzone 2, MAG/Warhawk, BC2

Warhawk?? LOVED Warhawk. Frst online experience for me, spent all my time in the air for the first year I played it. Some great memories from that game - I'd probably still be playig it now if it werent for Zones going dead for some reason. Dont even get me started on that lol.

Message edited by banion7 - Friday, 04/February/2011, 1:08:41 AM

GuzmanDate: Friday, 04/February/2011, 1:32:17 AM | Message # 98
Lieutenant general
OK. Trying not to be negative here, but how is this game different at all? I though the controls were to be revised? (Fixed?) You don't need to go the R2 route (LOL) & completely change the game, borrowing nothing from previous installments, but it's the same.
This is KZ2; It's Identical.

KuzuDate: Friday, 04/February/2011, 1:49:40 AM | Message # 99
The Clan Elder
yes guz. i feel at this point, they are identical with just a few small trimmings added here and there. game movement feels exactly the same. all of the weapons that were in KZ2 are in KZ3. there are a few improvements, but basically guns are the same. i dont necessary even mind all of this, but there are SOME things i wish they made at least a teeeeeny weeeny change on.

for example: the sound of turrets, bots are EXACTLY the same. i always thought they were very bland, almost annoying noises. the sound of all weapons are EXACTLY the same. they werent bad to start with, but jeesus, a slight change in pitch, tone, bass, anything would be preferable. grenades EXACTLY the same. not bad either though. player voices are EXACTLY the same. when ur mortally wounded and crying out, its like the same voice actor from 2009, spot on. at least we got Ice Cube trying some announcing in BO, lol?

im not being negative. i will try this game and give it my attention. but they surely could have scored a little higher on the creativity points. i kept raving over BC2 and the sounds. that, alone, was enough to wet my panties. the sound effects in KZ3 and KZ2 do not get me excited. controls feel very similar, as does gameplay. but dont give up. there are good points too.

KuzuDate: Friday, 04/February/2011, 2:51:58 AM | Message # 100
The Clan Elder
gotta say though, and this was the same for KZ2, i LOVE the official site with stat tracking and comparisons.
stats are now available. i just saw i had 72 kills and only 2 headshots! awesome me!

but really. i do like this. can see how everyone is progressing. what they are unlocking/using. me likey.
even tells u really detailed stuff, like how many turret kills u have, cloaked kills, how many kills u have with each gun, etc.

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 04/February/2011, 10:03:21 AM | Message # 101
Our Sexy Leader
Sitting-back-in-their-base snipers are still FUCKING ANNOYING. Goddamn that shit gets old in Warzone. I fucking get their asses like 3 times in a row & they STILL go back. Get a couple of them in different spots & it's just dumb. They aren't even playing the modes. (-"-; )p

nivasan6Date: Friday, 04/February/2011, 11:59:40 AM | Message # 102
Major general
How am I the only who noticed a huge difference with the controls? Clearly in Killzone 2 the characters had weight, but in Killzone 3 I feel as if I'm playing a game that was conceived from cod and Battlefield, while the Battlefield aspect is a huge compliment the cod reference on the other hand is out of disgust.

Kuzu, you do know that the characters are wearing "heavy-duty" helmets thus it would reduce the speed one would be able to turn their head. This is especially true in real life.

Why say Killzone 3 is the exact same thing as Killzone 2 and sound negative, but yet cod gets praise for what copying and pasting their code? Killzone 3 is a lot different than Killzone 2 in nearly all aspects. The guns should stay relatively the same since it's a staple in the Killzone franchise. How many of you are going to complain about Resistance 3 because they barely updated the weapons catalog? I'm guessing none. The weapons have more of a distinct sound (they've always had a distinct sound), but it's more noticeable now especially for people who aren't keen on picking up on little things. As I said before the controls have changed a lot, and for the worse. Multiplayer is also changed for better and for worse, I like that there is no more six-axis sniping. I was good at just flicking my controller and picking off guys, but it got bothersome. I really like the silencers and the STA-52 is burst fire, yay!! I don't like the generalities with the classes, it seems that they did away with the distinction of the classes. There is also a loss of ranking up since all classes are unlocked. I love that the pistols don't have unlimited ammo, no more nubs running around with the M4.

Kuzu, I agree with you that the sound design in BC2 is phenomenal, but then again every Battlefield game has amazing sound design. You have to give credit to Guerrilla Games for their sound design as well. If you go back and play Killzone 2 than go play Killzone 3 you will notice a big difference. The M-82 sounds really heavy now, but it didn't in Killzone 2. I could care less for the bots. Why the hell is the air-bot tiny? I noticed that it follows the person who deployed it as well which is neat, but why decrease the size? If gameplay feels similar to Killzone 2 why even buy cod? Gameplay in those games have not changed since cod4.

I'm still getting my Helghast edition, and hopefully they send a lot of patches to fix some issues. That's why they should have never had the closed beta be for plus members only. Most plus members are idiots and don't know how to beta test. Good thing I get into the SOCOM 4 beta.

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 04/February/2011, 5:04:55 PM | Message # 103
Our Sexy Leader
Quote (nivasan6)
Why the hell is the air-bot tiny? I noticed that it follows the person who deployed it as well which is neat, but why decrease the size?

The bot you are describing is for the medic class. It's a new bot. The old airbot is still there.

nivasan6Date: Friday, 04/February/2011, 5:13:53 PM | Message # 104
Major general
Red, thanks for the clarification, but why does the medic class need an air bot? There's now three bots?

I finally played some online matches though I only played three rounds of Guerrilla Warfare, and it's easy, but I need to get used to the reduced weight. The silenced SMG for the Tactician is great, but could use some stopping power especially up close. I don't like how everyone starts with extremely low amounts of ammo unless they have the extra ammo skill. The LMG might be the new shotgun for Killzone 3, lol. I picked one up and I got an instant 3 kill spree.

GuzmanDate: Friday, 04/February/2011, 6:45:57 PM | Message # 105
Lieutenant general
Quote (nivasan6)
How am I the only who noticed a huge difference with the controls? Clearly in Killzone 2 the characters had weight, but in Killzone 3 I feel as if I'm playing a game that was conceived from cod and Battlefield, while the Battlefield aspect is a huge compliment the cod reference on the other hand is out of disgust.

IDK, but it feels identical to me. From the little I played of the BFBC2 Demo/Beta, those controls were solid. KZ2/3 are the only shooters I've ever played that insist on having such unwieldy controls.

Quote (nivasan6)
The guns should stay relatively the same since it's a staple in the Killzone franchise. How many of you are going to complain about Resistance 3 because they barely updated the weapons catalog? I'm guessing none.

No, they don't need to be changed, as you say, but what did they add? A shotty pistol, SMG, & slap some silencers on some guns? I won't complain about the recurring guns in Resistance too, for sure, but they are varied enough from each other in function, appearance, sound, etc. in each iteration. In KZ, its almost like I've got the same gun, it just that one is for long/mid/short range. I'm generalizing badly here, but you get what I mean. Honestly though, this isn't the kinda thing would bother me if other aspects were in order.

About the COD bit, as you know I'm not a fan of the series. But I will say this: Even though they are essentially the same game, they are more varied than KZ2/3. I am most likely the least qualified to compare them, as I've probably played the least of KZ2 of anyone here, but it seriously feels/looks/etc. identical, aside from some minute details.

Quote (nivasan6)
I don't like how everyone starts with extremely low amounts of ammo unless they have the extra ammo skill.

That annoys me too. When I spawn, I'm ready to fight. I don't wanna have to goto the goofy ammo crate. Also, was it a 2-Hit melee in KZ2? They also introduced panic-knifing if so, which is awesome...

I think I was gonna say something else but I forgot... >_<
Anyway, to tidy this up, I'm not looking to start an argument or debate. Finding something you thoroughly enjoy is awesome, so I hope you do enjoy it niva. They shouldn't feel the need to cater people like me. Personally though, sitting this one out, unless I somehow happen to win the free copy. (I'll send you them Helm if so niva, lol)
I'll continue to play the Beta here & there though, till it expires.

Message edited by Guzman - Friday, 04/February/2011, 6:54:17 PM

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Killzone » Killzone 3
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024