Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » MW3 Perks and Proficiences
MW3 Perks and Proficiences
duxy87Date: Wednesday, 07/September/2011, 12:29:48 PM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Moderators
List of Perks in MW3

As usual there are three perk tiers/slots in this game

Tier 1 Perks

*Extreme Conditioning: Sprint for longer distances (i.e. Marathon)
pro: climb objects faster

*Slight of Hand: Faster Reload
pro: Swap weapons faster

*Scavenger: Refill Ammo from fallen foes
pro: Spawn with extra ammo

*Blind Eye: Be undetectable to enemy support / killstreaks.
pro: lock onto enemy aircraft more quickly, and create more damage to enemy aircraft

*Recon: Causing damage to a particular enemy with 'explosive weapons' will give away their position on the mini map and will let team-mates know too
pro: 'regular bullets' will indicate their position on the mini map

Tier 2 Perks

*Hardline: One less kill to attain a killstreak
pro: 2 assists will count towards a kill towards your killstreak

*Assassin: undetectable to UAV, Heartbeat Sensor, Portable Radar and Thermal vision
Pro: uneffected by counter UAV and EMP's

*Overkill:: Select a primary weapon as your secondary weapon
Pro: Select two attachments on your secondary weapon

*Quickdraw:: Aim Down Sights faster
Pro: recover faster after throwing grenades and placing equipment

*Blast Sheild: Take Less Damage from explosives
Pro: Immune to Flash and Stun grenades.

Tier 3 Perks

*Sitrep: Detect Enemy explosives and equipment
pro: Hear enemy footsteps louder

*Deadsilence:: silent footsteps (i.e. ninja)
pro: Prevent from taking fall damage

*Stalker: Move quicker whilst aiming down sights
pro: delay enemy claymore explosions

*Marksman: Will give you an ID target from range. wtf??
pro: Longer hold of breath in sniper scope mode

*Steady Aim: Increased hip fire accuracy
pro: Quicker ADS after sprinting

PROFICIENCIES

Proficiences act as an extra perk on a particular 'primary' weapon. They're unlocked like attachments from completing challenges with the weapon you're using:

- Kick - Reduces the amount of recoil on your weapon
- Range - Increase the weapons range
- Focus - Reduces flinch whilst being shot at
- Attachments - Equip two attachments for your weapon
- Melee - Allows you to knife other players more quickly (noo!!!)
- Stability - Reduces sway on your gun.
- Impact - Deeper impact against walls (FMJ)
- Speed: - Faster movement while having your primary gun equiped
- Damage - Allows shotgun shells to do more damage

Food For Thought??

Message edited by duxy87 - Wednesday, 07/September/2011, 12:44:23 PM

banion7Date: Wednesday, 07/September/2011, 8:27:27 PM | Message # 2
Colonel
hm. Of course depending on "How much?" on each perk, like How quiet is ninja or How fast do u recover from throwing nades etc but looks like the same stuff from COD jumbled up in a different way minus Stopping Power.

Ill probably fall into the same old patterns, Tier 1 Perk based on the type of class (runner or long range or both) the other team's characteristics and the map but Tier 2 is a toss up between the last 4, don't think I'll bother with Hardline, and Tier 3 Deadsilence Stalker or Steady aim.

Stalker is interesting, super strafer? and Recon is a bit of a wildcard.

Without going into too much detail, I guess I can live with it.

Proficiencies may be interesting too, or just a piss off. Melee?? Faster knife kill... that would be ok if it was relatively a pain to build up, and if the stock knife kills are hella slow and inaccurate, but wow that just blows if it means like Tactical Knife on top of the typical COD knife...

I may be buliding Speed first, or Damage LOL. Kick Range Focus all look iimportant.

Thx for the info Dux!

duxy87Date: Thursday, 08/September/2011, 1:40:43 AM | Message # 3
Major general
Yeah I not sure how some of these perks are going to work out. Though my prediction is from all the Black Ops noobs coming into MW3 I garuntee will be using Blind eye, Assassin, and dead silence. Typical camp setup that one. And you know that all the snipers will be using quick-draw for those infamous quick-scope kills. That will possibly be a pain too.

Stalker will have players playing like resistance. strafe ftw lol.

I just wish Extreme Conditioning and Sleight of hand was in different slots. I want to run around quickly with a shotgun and blast everyone hip-fire. Having quick reload will be good in those situations. But i guess blast shield will help in running through claymores or noob tube fucks.

GuzmanDate: Thursday, 08/September/2011, 11:50:24 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
Quote (duxy87)
*Marksman: Will give you an ID target from range. wtf??
pro: Longer hold of breath in sniper scope mode

Uh, best guess would be that it displays PSN ID when crosshairs are placed over the enemy, possibly color-coded in red to signify as an enemy. (It doesnt do that already, right? lol.)

Message edited by Guzman - Thursday, 08/September/2011, 11:50:57 PM

duxy87Date: Thursday, 22/September/2011, 2:49:07 AM | Message # 5
Major general
Quote (Guzman)
Uh, best guess would be that it displays PSN ID when crosshairs are placed over the enemy, possibly color-coded in red to signify as an enemy. (It doesnt do that already, right? lol.)

Seems very useless by the looks of things. I would hardly use that perk anyway as i'm bad at sniping.

Agreddio1Date: Wednesday, 07/December/2011, 2:35:22 PM | Message # 6
Sergeant
Group: Users
COD [/b]nubnubnub[b] here. I never played call of duty! surprised
Absoluty NEVER, not even once!

Soo, I'm trying to pick something up from the vid's of Kuzu & red but I have just a few questions left.
1) different mentality/skills then other FPS?
2) any main tips I should think of especially for COD: MW3?

Goodbye!

*embarrassed to ask... :/*

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 07/December/2011, 9:18:10 PM | Message # 7
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
Aggredio: im glad you asked questions. dont ever be embarassed to ask anything; first and foremost we are nice people, so it is in our nature to want to help each other. as for COD, it has basically become the standard by which other FPS are now based. it is fast paced, with constant action, and it is very, very, VERY easy to kill (or be killed...). i would try my hardest at remaining calm, taking things easy, and going about things slowly at first. if you rush into the hot zones, just spriting all the time, you will get murdered. i have no idea about your level or FPS experience, but i recommend watching 2 of my vids (MW2: "How to improve KD" and BF: "Strategy Guide"). these offer (IMO) good advice for beginning/intermediate players for doing better in FPS games.

i havent played MW3, but i have played 3 COD games so i will go ahead and offer my advice. always, always play to your strengths. or protect your weaknesses, however you want to look at it. dont choose what is "popular", instead choose what suits your needs. so for example, dont use either red/my perk choices unless that is how you play. i tend to be more of a ranged player, and red is very much the opposite. you should be making various setups with different perks to match that style of play. so here are my thoughts, and excuse me if they seem blunt or obvious, im just trying to help! my opinions are based on TDM or team-objective modes.

Tier 1 Perks -----------------------------

*Extreme Conditioning:
dont choose this until you know the maps, spawns, objectives, and know how to kill effectively while sprinting. i would think of it as purely for run & gun or stealth flanking. if you cant do those well, skip it until you can. running can be a good thing, but if you always run and get killed then you need to stop doing that! (and play more catious instead).

*Sleight of Hand:
a versatile perk that fits different playstyles. good for just about everyone, but best for close to medium ranged fighters. in general, the farther you are from the enemy, the less important reloading is since you have more time.

*Scavenger:
dont choose this until you are good. it is best for players who can stay alive & keep killing but who need constant refills on ammo. if you always die after one kill, this perk is a waste. if u kill alot but dont want to pick up someone eleses gun, this is a great perk. (my favorite perk from MW2 & B.Ops)

*Blind Eye:
useful, but it goes against my principles. by using it you are accepting that the enemy will reach their killstreak. instead, if you kill more and get your killstreaks first, you should be forcing the enemy to use this, not you. but if you are constantly getting raped by killstreaks, i would consider using this.

*Recon:
i have no idea what this is. sry

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 07/December/2011, 9:18:22 PM | Message # 8
The Clan Elder
Tier 2 Perks -----------------------------

*Hardline:
a very helpful perk but probably best to wait until you are more skilled. only use this if you can consistently reach your killstreaks. if you only get a couple killstreaks per game, skip it. if you can get or nearly get quite a few killstreaks every game, consider using it.

*Assassin:
extremely helpful. i would probably recommend this, since its great for when you are a noob or even experienced players. it will always help out. being stealth means you can stay alive and kill more.

*Overkill:
dont chose until you are good and dont need either hardline, assassin, or quickdraw: all 3 very good perks.

*Quickdraw::
a good versatile perk. this helps in just about any situation. but since there are other good perks in this tier, i would only choose this if you are playing aggressively. if you tend to stay back more defensively, you could possibly skip this.

*Blast Sheild:
useful for objective games if you are often planting/defusing or being in the middle of the action. though if you are doing that, you are going to get f*cked up alot, lol. also good if you are often getting killed by noob toobs or grenades. i would advise against this, since it would mean you are in the center of the killing zone. instead, learn the maps, learn alternate routes, and try your best to flank unsuspecing enemies.

Tier 3 Perks -----------------------------

*Sitrep:
useful perk for objective games, especially spotting claymores or equipment. louder footsteps is very helpful if you have headphones. (my preferred 3rd perk for B.Ops)

*Deadsilence:
useful if you are often attacking, and especially in combination with marathon. if you want to flank and play sneaky, this is great. if not, skip it for now.

*Stalker:
new perk to me. seems very useful for close to medium ranged fighters. if you are out in the open, this is good for strafing (side to side) while you try to avoid enemy fire and take him out. basically if you are often in gun battles 1v1, this could be good.

*Marksman:
not sure what it is. maybe only good for snipers?

*Steady Aim:
great if you are are running & gunning, doing alot of close quarters battles. otherwise i would consider other perks.

Agreddio1Date: Tuesday, 13/December/2011, 8:25:31 AM | Message # 9
Sergeant
Sweet Kuzu!
But yeah, my KDr on R3 is 2.0, maybe 1.95.
I'm used to rush into things so it's pretty helpfull to know you get killed soon!

I'll be reading the text tonight, gotta do an exam now! (and checking out your vid's)

Bye!

Added (08/December/2011, 8:34:35 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Great... youtube won't load any vid anymore! -.-
Checked my internet twice, turned it off for a few hours and still nothing...

I'm afraid I can't see your vids, Kuzu surprised

Added (13/December/2011, 8:25:31 AM)
My internet is ok now. I checked your vids, Kuzu.
Weird sound btw, but I'll keep them in mind.

Possibly I will remnant, just because it's a bigger challange smile

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 13/December/2011, 7:56:17 PM | Message # 10
The Clan Elder
the very first video i did, i had a horrible sounding microphone, so i had to change the sound like that to hide all the static and bad sounds in the background. but i was going to say, if u have a 2.0, you dont need to watch my vids since they are just basic tips for starting players, which you are not.

so yah, if you have skill, you can use any perk you want. just make sure it matches your playing style and strengths.

Agreddio1Date: Wednesday, 14/December/2011, 2:49:42 AM | Message # 11
Sergeant
My sister (LOL) is getting MW3 for me today, first time ever. I can buy mw3 for just 48€ (20€ cheaper), and it's a new one (with all this PSN Pass shit).
As I always I do, I won't play any storymode for the serious matter. Just to learn the controls and the moving sensibility and all those other feelings you get when you play. Also I'll be searching the menus around for how things work. It should go just fine. smile

Oh; one more thing: is prestige OK? Remnant on resistance was absolutely unnescessary (so I didn't)
How is the 'reward' system working? I saw a vid from red where he remnants and buys things with prestige coins... Are these way better than not prestiging? It's not that I've got a load of time to play, I'd rather have a load of time to go out biggrin

Greetings!
(Wish me luck for another week with those dam'n finals!)

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 14/December/2011, 4:43:28 AM | Message # 12
Lieutenant general
Quote (Agreddio1)
Oh; one more thing: is prestige OK? Remnant on resistance was absolutely unnescessary (so I didn't)
How is the 'reward' system working? I saw a vid from red where he remnants and buys things with prestige coins... Are these way better than not prestiging? It's not that I've got a load of time to play, I'd rather have a load of time to go out biggrin

The only thing of any 'real' value from prestiging are extra custom classes. You start out w/ 5, & you can expand to 10. The tokens, which you get from prestiging are the only way to get more. So it's up to you. My personal opinion is that, no, totally not worth it. You also get some stuff like new icons n' stuff, but if your time is limited, I'd say don't bother, or just do it once to try it out.

Message edited by Guzman - Wednesday, 14/December/2011, 4:43:44 AM

Agreddio1Date: Thursday, 15/December/2011, 4:00:34 PM | Message # 13
Sergeant
Nowp, I refuse to play for icons and custom classes are editable, right?
Just played my first free for all... xD
Lost + 8 kills; 14 deaths! surprised angry

It's, for now (being a level 2 kid), a quite slow game? The sprinting is really slow, maybe I just need to get used to it smile

Me so ashamed for current KDr sad ... atm 0.7!!

Added (15/December/2011, 4:00:34 PM)
It's getting a bit better... biggrin
At least my KDr was almost 2.0. smile

I can't wait to get the extreme conditioning perk! It's driving me crazy because I can run for a few seconds...

Message edited by Agreddio1 - Wednesday, 14/December/2011, 2:14:40 PM

AngDate: Monday, 02/January/2012, 4:43:14 PM | Message # 14
Lieutenant colonel
Hey dio, you are just used to the unlimited sprint in R3 huh? That's good that you are getting the hang of it. To me, MW3 is only fun playing with you guys.
I never want to play a COD alone, it is just not worth it. lol

I am going to go ahead and prestige to 10, and then like Guz told me, play the game.
Prestiging is not bad for me, because I already have sleight of hand, quickdraw and stalker. Also, unlocking the Scar-L early is great.
I am not at a complete disadvantage like in R3. Man, doing remnant mode made my k/d DROP! >_<

Agreddio1Date: Wednesday, 04/January/2012, 5:13:29 AM | Message # 15
Sergeant
And still, prestiging isn't anything for me. Maybe if I want another challange ^^. And that's absolutely not now. I'm every game positive and mostly above a 2.5+ KDr thanks to the ass-kicking silenced MP7 with rapid fire and the assassin perk!

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » MW3 Perks and Proficiences
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024