Thursday, 28/March/2024, 10:07:46 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | DUST 514 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » DUST 514 (MMOFPS)
DUST 514
KuzuDate: Tuesday, 12/July/2011, 9:41:22 PM | Message # 1
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
my.
most.
anticipated.
game.
ever.

period.

E3 June 2011 Trailer

let me give you the scoop.

-MMOFPS (massively multiplayer online FPS). the first ever MMOFPS on consoles
-64 players (may increase)
-based on unreal engine 3 technology. look at the trailer again!
-PS3 exclusive (full control given to game devolopers so Sony is merely along for the ride)
-digital download. initial "cover charge" likely >20$ which gets transferred to in-game currency. may be free in the future
-spring 2012 release. closed beta Q4 2011.
-game will completely merge worlds with EVE, an already existing and successful space-battle MMO on PC (2003)
-DUST players are mercenaries, fighting the groundwars on planets that the EVE pilots control or want to conquer
-extensive social network, allowing full communication between EVE-DUST players
-everything that happens in DUST directly affects outcomes in EVE as well; everything is persistant
-when you lose/win a battle, the EVE player loses/gains control of that planet in their quest for intergalactic domination
-form alliances with EVE players to create "corporations", getting more contracts, strategic advice, weapons, support,etc.
-both games will share one super-computer server called tranquility, which already accomodates 400,000 players on EVE
-skills seem to be leveled up by a determined time period (made up example: lvl 1-30min, lvl 2-2hrs, lvl3-5hrs, etc.)
-vehicles;(see trailer) some for transport, some w/attacking capabilities? keep in mind maps may be large and very diverse
-EVE has 50,000 planets spread throughout all of the galaxies (not all playable on DUST of course) but you get the point
-players can customize their player any way they like with different kits, weapons, armor, attachments, abilities, etc.
-two types of game currency. ISK can be earned in-game. AUR is bought with real money, though not neccessary
-ISK, the same currency as in EVE, can be earned through contracts, conquering planets and mining resources
-free market system allows players to trade items/equips with each other. no regulations, so supply and demand rules apply.
-EVE, though made in 2003, has been completely overhauled with updated graphics while keeping the core game the same. this persistant type of world is also expected of DUST

official site here:
http://www.dust514.com/

you can also check the DUST thread we have in GaijinGamers (foreign gamers in japan):
http://www.gaijingamers.com/showthread.php?t=4218

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 12/July/2011, 9:52:53 PM | Message # 2
Major general
Group: Moderators
Yea, saw this at E3, looks decent.

I wouldn't say it's the first ever MMO on consoles. DC Universe Online and Free Realms which are MMO's are both currently available on the PS3. Free Realms is free to play, but a purchase is required in order to collect trophies and gain other jobs and higher levels. DC Universe is subscription based, and as the title states, is about the DC Universe.

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 12/July/2011, 10:29:13 PM | Message # 3
The Clan Elder
niva. lol always eager to catch the error eh?

sry, edited: first MMOFPS on consoles.

also, DC Universe online charges what, 15$ a month subscription? that is not a game, that is a fucking ripoff. assuming someone actually LIKES the game, and plays for a year... that is 180$!!! even if they get some discount (and commit to the game for x-months) that is still likely 120$...um, no. we are not even considering if the person continues to play longer than a year...complete extortion.

but please, lets stay on topic and discuss DUST please, not the typos i have made. thx.

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 12/July/2011, 10:54:25 PM | Message # 4
Major general
Sorry, Kuz, but that little typo was kind of bothering me. I'm in no way perfect, but for some reason that typo just bothered me smile

Back to DUST 514. I believe there will be two charges, either a $10 or $20. I'll probably just wait until enough people have paid, so that the company releases it for free. I forgot to mention that the initial download is free.

The atmosphere and the video from E3 gave off a Killzone look, especially the first sequence; when they are in space.

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 13/July/2011, 11:47:59 AM | Message # 5
Major general
Sorry again Kuz, for changing the subject, but I thought it was worth mentioning. MAG can also be seen as an MMOFPS, but it isn't anywhere near the scale that DUST 514 is showing.

Again sorry for going off topic.

KuzuDate: Thursday, 14/July/2011, 4:04:00 AM | Message # 6
The Clan Elder
^_~
anyways, its still a good point that you bring up. whether or not it should be labeled as the first/second whatever MMOFPS on consoles really doesnt matter, and i hope this doesnt become its only selling point. the reasons that i really want this game (on paper of course...) are that it accomodates alot of players, it has (hopefully) good in-game graphics, has tested and stable dedicated servers, allows for crazy customization, implements free-markets to trade equipment, is made by a company committed to supporting their product, and just seems like a lot of fun. i think its a cute idea having the DUST world linked with the EVE world, but that is not a big concern of mine. as long as they deliver solid graphics and controls on par with other FPS, i think this could be one helluva game. all that, and it may very well be free...

KuzuDate: Thursday, 14/July/2011, 4:34:56 AM | Message # 7
The Clan Elder
and with that said, i stand corrected!

Dust 514, an upcoming PlayStation 3 shooter from the folks at CCP (Crowd Control Production) Games, [b]aims to blend the line between massively multiplayer online games and first-person shooters. It’s not an MMOFPS, per say, but rather a persistent online shooter that interacts with CCP’s existing Eve Online MMO universe — one that will continue to expand and evolve past its initial release date.

“Eve has had expansions every six months roughly,” said Torfi Frans Olafsson, creative director of Eve Online. “I think there’s like 13 that we’ve delivered that have radically improved and changed the game since 2003. That’s kind of how we roll.”

CCP will be pursuing a similar strategy with Dust 514, confirmed Frans Olafsson.

“Dust will have iterations and expansions probably every three months improving the game, because with a dynamic game like this where you empower the players this much — give them this much freedom — you actually have to react quickly to the way they’re playing the game,” he continued.
“We’re not just burning DVDs and Blu-ray discs, selling them and then running away. This is a commitment to our players; we react to them, and we improve the game based on how they [play] and their feedback.”

One question on a lot of gamers’ minds is precisely how Dust will interact with Eve. This will occur in a number of ways, but here’s one specific example: in Eve, players can build infrastructure on the surface of planets for industry, defense, and general sovereignty. Dust mercenaries can also build up infrastructure. These locales will be hot spots for conflict between the two universes.

“Mercenaries can roam in and attack the infrastructure and all the precious belongings of the Eve players on the surface of the planets,” explained Frans Olafsson. “[They can] capture them or totally destroy them with a scorched earth policy.”

anyways, see where they said EVE has had 13 expansions, one every 6 months? they say DUST will have it every 3 months. they will constantly listen to feedback and make changes. this shows their total commitment again to the 2 games they make. other details seem pretty darn cool too, like attacking the infrastructure of the planet.

CerberDate: Thursday, 08/September/2011, 7:31:44 PM | Message # 8
Private
Group: Users
First what i think about this game when see it - "Halo + Killzone + EVE" and nothing other... Looks nice, but when think about gameplay etc. then u are understand, it will be suck

Yoyoyo! Whats up?

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » DUST 514 (MMOFPS)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024