Main | Twisted Metal - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » Twisted Metal
Twisted Metal
nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 31/January/2012, 8:06:34 PM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Moderators
The multiplayer demo is out now on the US store!

It's a great game and judging from the demo it is meeting my expectations. I still need to get used to the controls, but the controls are not sloppy or clunky at all. There are some weird glitches I encountered that deals with the auto-aiming. I've been using Talon(helicopter) and sometimes I can't get a lock-on to anyone, and other times I get a lock-on, and then I switch to the shotgun and the lock goes away. The same thing happens if I'm using the stalker missile and switch to homing.

I only got to play 2 rounds of Nuke because I lost connection to their server. I was doing great with Talon, I went 5-1 or 6-1.

The only major complaint I have with the demo is the lack of server browsing. Hopefully the full game has it.

AlucardDate: Thursday, 02/February/2012, 4:12:39 PM | Message # 2
Colonel
i dont want warhawk/killzone style server browsing. just give me ranked tdm or FFA! lol

managed to find one game last nite, i went 7 - 3 and came in 3rd with the most kills? lol

i think the shotty only shoots forward......i always get the "point blank" damage multiplier ramming opponents. why the hell are you using the talon for!?

anyway, i preordered on amazon. i get twisted metal:BLACK!

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 02/February/2012, 7:25:34 PM | Message # 3
Major general
lol, I need server browsing; it makes getting into and finding games much easier.

I tried numerous times to get online, but I could never get into a match. I even tried Deathmatch, and it still couldn't put me into a match.

I believe the shotgun only shoots forward as well, but I've always been facing my opponents and I don't get any lock-on.

I'm using Talon because I like helicopters, and it served a great role during Nuke. You can help your team a lot by using Talon in Nuke. I wouldn't use Talon in Deathmatch because of its weak armor, and everyone has a easy time targeting people using Talon, lol.

I pre-ordered it in December. I never got to play Twisted Metal Black, and I'm pumped to try it out.

What character/vehicle have you been using? So far, I'm decent with Outlaw and pretty good with Talon. I'm also good with Vermin.

AlucardDate: Friday, 03/February/2012, 11:36:06 AM | Message # 4
Colonel
I think there are more base campers with server browsing or more chances of going into a room with everyone stacked on one side. True, it is easier but still against it lol

Yeh getting online is huge fail and I've still only played 1 game online lol

I havent had any lock on issues, well only if there are multiple opponents. It cant seem to stay locked on just one, it's always switching (>_<)

I for one will not be playing nuke lol and will prolly not even use the Talon at all. The special on the Vermin pisses me off. I use the Meat Wagon! or Mr Grimm's bike or Spectre(i know these are not the actual names but thats wut I remember from past titles lol)

ps. TM:Black is awesome, the darkest and blackest Twisted Metal so far

nivasan6Date: Friday, 03/February/2012, 12:29:56 PM | Message # 5
Major general
That is true with server browsing, but you could always join a different game without worrying about matchmaking putting you into the same game.

lol, Nuke isn't too bad. Deathmatch with the bots is fun. I played three straight matches with bots while using Talon. I practically had everyone firing missiles at me, and I was desperately flying around the map collecting health, lol.

I could never use the bike at all. His special weapon is one of the best, but also one of the hardest to use. I never really liked Meat Wagon from the other Twisted Metal, and I still don't like him, lol.

I heard that the leveling up system is going to be good. You can choose to upgrade vehicles or upgrade the secondary weapon. It would be sick to have weaker swarm missiles as a secondary with unlimited ammo!

AlucardDate: Friday, 03/February/2012, 2:40:18 PM | Message # 6
Colonel
Yeh but people tend to setup the game to their advantage most of the time. I just want something standard where everyone must play by the same rules/guidelines. Like matchmaking in R:FoM, they had standard ranked games where there is a matchmaking system and private games with server browsing. That would cater to both our needs lol

Offline deathmatch was too easy with any average vehicle. The challenge lies with the bike and weak armored vehicles. I can only think of 5 health locations on that map and they are pretty far apart.

I only used meat wagon cuz of the name lol I never liked the Priest either. Oh and I hate outlaw.

Who else is getting this? Guz? Marsh? Red??

nivasan6Date: Friday, 03/February/2012, 5:11:03 PM | Message # 7
Major general
I made a mistake about Outlaw, I meant Death Warrant. For some reason I assigned the name Outlaw to the first selectable vehicle, and thought the police van was Death Warrant.

I want dedicated server browsing similar to how Warhawk had. I want Eat Sleep Play to have their own dedicated servers with standard rules always on. I could care less about custom servers.

lol, Meat Wagon's special is quite funny though. I wish Sweet Tooth's Ice Cream Truck was a selectable character in the demo.

I did the offline Deathmatch and you're right about it being really easy with average vehicles. I completed it with Vermin and Death Warrant, and then I later did it with Talon.

The shotgun can be fired backwards. Most of the weapons can with the exception of Special, Swarm Missiles, Sticky Bombs, Sniper(I believe), and the Heat Seeker Missile.

Message edited by nivasan6 - Friday, 03/February/2012, 5:11:17 PM

AlucardDate: Monday, 06/February/2012, 3:41:32 PM | Message # 8
Colonel
cant shoot specials backwords? no!

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » Twisted Metal
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024