Friday, 19/April/2024, 10:35:55 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Taking a break for 4-5years. - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Mess Hall » General Discussion » Taking a break for 4-5years.
Taking a break for 4-5years.
PatrickDate: Thursday, 28/April/2011, 11:54:35 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Finally, I would be moving away for college on May 23. The last time that I would be able to play with you guys would be between May 18 - May 22. I would be back during summers only or some weekends, if i am able to go home. I will try to be active here on the forums so I could be updated with what the squirrels are doing, how the squirrels are doing. Well that's all, hope to see y'all next summer. Thanks.

nivasan6Date: Friday, 29/April/2011, 10:52:35 AM | Message # 2
Major general
Group: Moderators
Hope you enjoy college. What college and what is your intended major?

I'm majoring in Computer Science with a Software Engineering emphasis. I was a Biology major, then I switched, so that I could learn something new. Plus, I want to get into the gaming industry.

duxy87Date: Friday, 29/April/2011, 11:58:38 AM | Message # 3
Major general
Patrick my friend,

You have a great time away.. Was always a pleasure to see you bring something to the table during your time playing together.. You always have a place on the forums here. Sucks about the PSN issue, I would spend a day with you playing together just one more time if that wasn't the case. All the best with ya college experience. I'm jealous that you americans get the benefit of moving away from home during tertiary studies. I would absolutely love that feeling!!

Keep in touch mate

nivasan6Date: Friday, 29/April/2011, 2:10:44 PM | Message # 4
Major general
duxy, I live with my parents. I never stayed away from home while attending college.

From what I heard and know, staying on campus isn't that great. I'm actually glad I didn't stay on campus.

PatrickDate: Friday, 29/April/2011, 10:10:59 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant
@niva: Im in to engineering. (BS-ECE) lol, when i was young, i loved to experiment on broken walky-talkies lol and radios.

@dux: Thanks bro. Im staying with my grandmother cuz its much much cheaper than dormitories. BTW, im not american.

See ya'll on November or December.

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 30/April/2011, 7:28:32 AM | Message # 6
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
GL with uni, D! It's definitely a good idea to throw games on the backburner while you are away studying.

niv: Getting away from home, doing the whole roommate thing & eventually getting your own place is totally awesome, IMO. I wouldn't trade it for anything. There are things out there that l wouldn't have learned nor experienced had I not left home to attend college.

banion7Date: Saturday, 30/April/2011, 1:12:14 PM | Message # 7
Colonel
Yo D best of luck there in school - always heard that engineering was a challenging major when I was there, guys from that group were also kinda known for being ... zany or something, in a good way it was. Prob best to keep your nose to it and stay away from the ps3. well, we don't exactly have a choice right now but anyways...

Red, I also had the chance to experiment with 'alternative lifestyles too,. LOL jk.

They made me make this phone thing one time in Cub Scouts, we had these paper cups that we connected with string - couldn't quite get mine to work. I think u were supposed to put the cup to your ear or something?

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 30/April/2011, 6:44:22 PM | Message # 8
Our Sexy Leader
Haha! You dick (pun intended)!

duxy87Date: Saturday, 30/April/2011, 10:35:38 PM | Message # 9
Major general
Quote (Patrick)
BTW, im not american.

Ah.. sorry man that was really silly of me to think that knowing where you live lol. I had the american college scene in my head..

In my city all the uni's are within 30-50ks of eachother so most people still live at home which has it's benefits saving $$ but also less fun. I still went to many uni parties though.. I got drunk at all of them! Oh the memories smile

Message edited by duxy87 - Saturday, 30/April/2011, 11:38:02 PM

AlucardDate: Tuesday, 03/May/2011, 7:06:12 PM | Message # 10
Colonel
dude, your a beast! good luck in your in your studies!! always a pleasure to shoot shit together happy

PatrickDate: Wednesday, 04/May/2011, 10:16:08 AM | Message # 11
Lieutenant
Quote (banion7)
Prob best to keep your nose to it and stay away from the ps3.

yup, that's my plan.

Quote (Alucard)
dude, your a beast! good luck in your in your studies!! always a pleasure to shoot shit together

Thanks man. Pleasure's all mine

Quote (redhamuSLA)
GL with uni, D! It's definitely a good idea to throw games on the backburner while you are away studying.

thanks red. yup it'll be best if I stay away from the ps3

KuzuDate: Thursday, 05/May/2011, 11:38:28 PM | Message # 12
The Clan Elder
Patrick -

I didn't get to play with you all that often, and I don't think I ever heard you with a mic. But you are a cool dude, and in terms of the gaming world, you are a fierce warrior and I was proud to fight besides you. School is important, so its good you got your priorities straight. If I had discovered the full potential of online games while in college, I'm pretty sure I would have fucked up my grades and had a very negative impact on my education. That said though, since you have already had a taste of the forbidden fruit, are you going to just quit cold turkey? lol. If you are able to do that, you are a much stronger man than all of us. Anyways, good luck with your schooling. Good luck in life. And I hope everything works out for you.

Quote (nivasan6)
From what I heard and know, staying on campus isn't that great. I'm actually glad I didn't stay on campus.

have sex much?

lol but no. really. like red said, living away from parents is a crucial step in growing up and experience life. of course everyone is different, but its easy see the effects of "adults" in japan who live with their parents until... their 20s, 30s, forever....basically the movie Stepbrothers is not that far off.

PatrickDate: Saturday, 07/May/2011, 12:39:52 PM | Message # 13
Lieutenant
Quote (Kuzu)
Good luck in life. And I hope everything works out for you.

Thanks man. Hope everything runs the way i planned it to be.

AngDate: Tuesday, 24/May/2011, 3:29:52 AM | Message # 14
Lieutenant colonel
That is awesome D, I hope your are doing well right now. Great games we had together. Make sure you hit those books!

Forum » Mess Hall » General Discussion » Taking a break for 4-5years.
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024