AlucardDate: Wednesday, 24/February/2010, 8:34:04 PM | Message # 16
Colonel
Group: Moderators
run n gun is more difficult. been playing on hearts account happy

GuzmanDate: Thursday, 18/March/2010, 10:48:14 PM | Message # 17
Lieutenant general
New Maps:

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/drakes_fortune_multiplayer_pack_available_today/

Added (26/February/2010, 9:19:59 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/in_the_works/

happy

New Map Gameplay:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/facility-map-uncharted-2/62437
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/flooded-ruins-uncharted-2/62435

Added (03/March/2010, 9:41:14 PM)
OK! Title Update 1.06 Hits March 4th!

But... It Sounds Mediocre IMO! Like My Bro Put It: "It Sounds Like They Are Trying To Please Both Groups Of People."
I Agree w/ This Assessment!

1.04 Was Perfectly FINE The Way It Was! Aside From Fixing Glitches & The Like, The Mechanics Were Perfect!

I Haven't Played It Yet, So I Won't Judge Completely Till Then, But, Ugh.

Details Here:
http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/title_update_106_and_multiplayer_updates/

Added (04/March/2010, 5:18:06 PM)
Played One Game. Still Sucks. Goodbye Uncharted, You Were Cool While You Lasted.

If They Decide To "Update" To 1.04, I'll Be Back.

Added (18/March/2010, 10:48:14 PM)
So The Totally Gross Spawns Are Now Being Addressed. Sort Of.

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/player_spawn_point_updates_being_rolled_out/

Eh.

Message edited by Guzman - Friday, 26/February/2010, 10:24:21 PM

AlucardDate: Wednesday, 24/March/2010, 10:09:57 PM | Message # 18
Colonel
lol

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 24/March/2010, 10:29:58 PM | Message # 19
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
guz: sry im too lazy to actually read the full articles. what is it that turned u off from the game? spawn locations, and?

GuzmanDate: Saturday, 10/April/2010, 8:24:22 PM | Message # 20
Lieutenant general
No No, That's Fine. It's Alot To Look Through, & Not Having Played The Game It Might Be Difficult To Understand Anyway. Just Like I Can't Fully Grasp All The Nuances & Etc About MW2. (Though, Essentially I Do..)

Anyway..

Ugh, Where To Begin?

From The Initial Release, Up To 1.04 Everything Was Peachy. They Released Cool Things Like Leaderboards, Gave Us A Free Map, Fixed Glitches, Etc.
During This They Did An "Experimental" Weekend, Where Player Health Was Halved. (Actually 66% Of Norm) They Did This To See The Community's Reaction, (Lots Of People Were Complaining That Players Were "Bullet Sponges") & The Main Site Had A Poll To Go Along w/ It Asking: "How Did You Feel About The Weekend."

Everyone I Knew & Played With Didn't Care For it Much, Myself Included. A While Later, ND Released The Poll Results, & The Majority Was in Favor Of The Lowered Health. (I Didn't Get This. No One Liked It.) So, ND Responded With, "Well, It Requires More Than Just Modding The Health." So They Modded Weapon Damage Instead, By Raising It. Which Is The Same Difference. In A Way The Weapon Changes Implemented Are Worse Than The Weekend.

Now, While Damage From Weapons Was Only Slightly Increased On Paper, The In-Game Changes Are Very Profound. Not To Mention A Certain Choice That Was Made That Made Zero Sense. You Had To Completely Change Your Game Style To Tolerate The New Mechanics. In 1.04 A Solid Player Could Handle 2-3 Players At Once With Too Much Difficulty, Depending On Their Skill & w/e. That Is No Longer Possible.

For Example, In 1.04, Required Pistol Shots To Kill Was Like This:

Head/Body/Leg
4/5/10

In 1.05 It Was Changed To:
4/4/4

Which Makes No Fucking Sense.

-Sniper Became A OHKO, Regardless Where It Hit. It Started Getting Used Far More Often Too... Hmm.. It Was Difficult To use Yeah, But 15 Shots, 2-Body/1-Head Was Fine.
In 1.06 They Removed The Leg Damage Thing, So You Can Survive A Legshot Now, So That Was A Step Forward. Or, Back? IDK.. O_o

-Inability To Fight More Than One Person @ A Time. Unless Their Aim Is REALLY Bad, You're Going To Die. Certain Guns & Blindfire Are Just Crazy Overpowered Now.

-Inability To Win Against Parties. OK, This is A Kinda Weak Complaint, But Even Against A Party Of 5 Guys, By Yourself w/ Randoms, Winning Was Possible. If You Play Alone, 3 Of Your 5 Teammates Will Go Something Around 3-15. Guaranteed. The Thing Is, In 1.04, This Didn't Matter As Much. You Could Still Play Just Well Enough To Barely Push Your Team To The Score Limit First. Because You Die So Quickly Now, You Cannot Do This. There Is No FFA Option.

-Campers. Die Fast? Camp. I Don't Mind Campers That Bad, But Now It's Like: *BANG BANG* Huh??? Oh, Ther.. Go Back & Kill Him, The Cycle Repeats.... You Simply Do Not Have Enough Time To Respond & Get Away, As you Did Before.

-Cover is Useless. Cover Had Some Use Prior To The Recent Updates, & Was One Of The Main Uh, "Fundamentals" Of The Game. Now? GL Getting To It Fast Enough, Even If You're Standing Next To Some. It's Very Annoying To Take Cover, Then Die A Half Second Later To Due To Lag. The Only Time It Serves Purpose Is If You're Already Behind Some, Waiting To Punish An Unsuspecting Victim.

-Spawns. This Has Been Said Yeah, but w/ Each Update They Just Deteriorate Even More. I Like To Think Im A Fairly "Aware" Player, I Will Make My Rounds, Check High Traffic Areas Often, Etc.
But This Is Just Crazy. 70% Of The Time The Guy You Just Killed Will Spawn Conveniently Behind You. (Along w/ 2 Teammates) The New Mechanics Don't Allow You To Protect Yourself.

-Glitches. Wow. This Got Way Outta Hand. Every Map Has At Least One Spot Where The Wall Can Be Entered, Allowing That Player To See The Entire Playing Field, & Shoot You. It Got To The Point Where Essentially Every Other Match Had Glitchers. ND's Patch Notes For 1.06 Said They Fixed Many Glitches, But They Didn't. The Same Ones Are Still Around.

-Inconsistency. In ND's Attempt To Appease Everyone, Updates Now Consist Of Seemingly Random Mechanics Changes. It's Like A Computer Has A List of Variables & They Hit The "Randomize" Button, Then Issue The Output As The Update. The Last Update NERFed The FAL & Nades.
For Example: (FAL 3-Round Burst/AK- Full Auto)

Added (26/March/2010, 3:11:47 Am)
1.04: (All These Are In Close Range)
FAL vs. AK: Very Winnable w/ Superior Aim.
1.05:
FAL vs. AK: Crapshoot. The AK Will Most Likely Prevail.
1.06:
FAL vs. AK: Virtually Impossible. The Update Reduced The FAL's Firing Rate By 10%. It Doesn't Sound Like Much, But Winning A Close Proximity Battle Is Extremely Difficult.

The Bottom Line Is, They Stripped The Game Of It's Initial Identity, & Turned It Into A Mega-Casual Nubber Fest.

I Probably Missed Some Stuff, But I've Already Clearly Been Rambling, & Have Said More Than You Could Ever Want To Know About UC2.
The Thing Is, The Game Was Near-Perfection Before They Did All This Crap. Many People Are Clamoring For A Return To 1.04. I Doubt They'd Go Back On Their Decision Though. People Don't Like to Admit Their Wrong. *Shrug*

PS. I Havent Forgotten About Our Other Thread. I'm Slow.

Added (26/March/2010, 3:15:23 Am)
Oh, & The Other Day I Made The Realization That The UC2 Vid I Made No Longer Has Any Relevance.

Added (10/April/2010, 8:23:52 PM)
Siege Expansion/DLC Being Released April 22nd.

Near The Bottom Of The Post They Mention Title Update 1.07 Will Be Released Prior To This DLC:

"Shortly prior to the when the Siege Expansion Pack goes on sale, Title Update 1.07 will be released. We’ll provide more info what’s in Title Update 1.07 as we get closer to release. For those of you wondering—this title update won’t make any changes to bring multiplayer back to 1.04/pre-1.04—but, there are some great updates in that we’re pretty certain you’ll like quite a bit!"

>_<

Added (10/April/2010, 8:24:22 PM)
Siege Expansion/DLC Being Released April 22nd.

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/siege_expansion_pack_dlc/

Near The Bottom Of The Post They Mention Title Update 1.07 Will Be Released Prior To This DLC:

"Shortly prior to the when the Siege Expansion Pack goes on sale, Title Update 1.07 will be released. We’ll provide more info what’s in Title Update 1.07 as we get closer to release. For those of you wondering—this title update won’t make any changes to bring multiplayer back to 1.04/pre-1.04—but, there are some great updates in that we’re pretty certain you’ll like quite a bit!"

>_<

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 16/April/2010, 11:22:06 AM | Message # 21
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
*sigh* I was really starting to love the game, Guz. It was basically a Resistance2 3PS, but with better balance, until they fucked it all up. I wonder if ND will ever be able to get me back. Here's hoping. (>_<)

GuzmanDate: Saturday, 01/May/2010, 3:28:04 AM | Message # 22
Lieutenant general
Way Late & Noone Cares But...

1.07 Details:

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/title_update_107/

AlucardDate: Tuesday, 19/July/2011, 3:03:09 PM | Message # 23
Colonel
i played a few games last night and it was ok. i was miffed that it took forever to kill someone while aiming. shotty still works!

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Uncharted 2 » Uncharted 2 Updates & DLC
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024