[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Page 4 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Battlefield » Battlefield Bad Company 2
Battlefield Bad Company 2
nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 22/March/2011, 7:31:38 PM | Message # 46
Major general
Group: Moderators
It is costly, but then again it's for a good cause biggrin I get a lot of design ideas from the games I have and others that I don't have, and by having an expansive library my knowledge on game design is vast.

RDR is a good game, but the multiplayer killed it for me, lol. The story is one of the best stories in games, and the gameplay is well done too. I remember not doing the story missions and focusing on completing challenges and hunting, lol.

That makes a lot of sense, but then again there are a variety of viewers on youtube. It all depends on who views your videos. I for example, don't like the fast paced videos that's all about action. I especially hate it when I watch a video and they don't show themselves die. That would be pretty cool getting paid to make videos. I wish I got paid for playing games. It doesn't make sense how these MLG people only play XBOX, and that seems to be the only console that they support. I'd be especially happy if I were a game tester.

No need to thank me; I wouldn't call them reviews, lol. It's just more of my complaining on how some of my favorite games change to a more streamlined/linear approach.

I'm not sure if the demo is still playable or not, since it was multiplayer and the game just came out. This is the only video review I saw that showed "a lot" of multiplayer. There aren't any videos on youtube yet for the full game, but there are tons for the demo that was released. I'm probably getting Crysis 2 when it becomes a greatest hits or when it goes on sale here.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-crysis-2/712015

KuzuDate: Monday, 01/August/2011, 2:06:32 AM | Message # 47
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
Red -
this chart has accurate weapon stats (in-game are wrong or incomplete) or just trust me:
http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

Assault Class (MW2-style scavenger + noob toob + AR) - the "go to" class
[Vintovka or XM8]
slot 1 = red-dot (standard)
slot 2 = magnum ammo (stopping power)
- most versatile class, good ROF/dmg rates, unlimited ammo. perfect for pure killing.
- ARs have high recoil, so use potshots for anything medium or long range
- both guns listed have the best combined dmg/ROF/acc. also they are 1st & 2nd unlocks.
- dont be shy about using noob toobs for blowing up cover, walls, buildings. thats what its for.
- you might also find it effective to put the shotgun underbarrel attachment on as a "finisher" to switch to mid gunfight

Engineer Class (RPG choice ~OR~ mines + repair tool + SMG silenced) - defense or close-quarters class
[UMP or PP2000]
slot 1 = extra RPGs/nades (vs. player/tank defense) ~OR~ red-dot (for gun kills)
slot 2 = explosives damage boost (danger close) ~OR~ magnum ammo (for gun kills)
- SMG iron sights can be a bitch, but its still my 2nd most used class
- SMGs come standard w/ silencer, only class (except 1-2 sniper rifles) to have it
- SMGs are very weak, and not much better ROF than ARs
- Carl Gustav launcher is very accurate (i snipe w/ it) and powerful anti-infantry tool

Recon Class (motion sensor balls + mortar strike ~OR~ C4) - traditional, stealth, or aggressive class
[M24 or VSS or shotty]
slot 1 = 12x scope ~OR~ Speed boost
slot 2 = magnum ammo
- M24 best traditional rifle for reload/dmg/acc and 1st unlock. skip the M95; slowest reload per shot & clip!
- VSS is full-auto + silenced w/ weaker dmg for close range stealth
- pick yo' shotgun! good versatility by attacking aggressively with motion balls, shotty, C4
- long sniper shots will drop due to gravity, so you have to compensate (up) a wee-bit
- 1HK headshots with M24/GOL/M95 so magnum may not be necessary, but i still use it (handgun,etc)

Medic Class (revive + health packs + LMG) - covering fire and support class
[MG36 or M3]
slot 1 = speed boost ~OR~ red-dot
slot 2 = magnum ammo
- fairly slow ROF, normal dmg, and not very accurate. not great, but meh it has its uses.
- MG36 has build in scope so it can save a slot. M3 has less acc/dmg but very high ROF. basically all suck.
- medics are essential for RUSH, when team "tickets" (remaining lives) matter. revive = negate loss of ticket
- if health packs are your thing, you could equip a shotgun or "universal" gun

Other Notes:
handgun: 1911 has good dmg, w/ average ROF/acc. my handgun of choice.
slot 1: speed boost is all i use in Vietnam. but on normal mode i need a red-dot for ARsl
slot 2: TBH i basically use magnum all the time, so im not sure how effective the others are

KuzuDate: Monday, 01/August/2011, 3:33:25 AM | Message # 48
The Clan Elder
SELECT BUTTON:
- press while crosshairs on enemy player/vehicle to "SPOT" him (important!)
- press while looking at teammate to ask for ammo, health, repairs, or a ride.
- press while looking at objective (crate, flag) to command an attack or defense.

BASIC STRATS
- sluggish on dualshock. set on high. good luck?
- no prone, dont think crouch helps accuracy a great deal.
- jumping is not used much, doesnt give much tactical advantage
- hip firing seems hard to kill with (or due to previous constant lag?)
- much harder to get multi-kills. impossible if they are facing you.
- takes quite a few shots to down players.
- knife kills make you vulnerable (slow lunge) but its fucking satisfying as hell

RUSH mode
- similar to (multiple) Demolition.
- destroy or protect 2 crates. upon being destroyed, you advance to a new section of map.
- attacking team has 75 "tickets" (reaming lives for team). when they reach "0", you lose.
- medics should revive teammates to save your team lost tickets.
- very heavy vehicle usage, espeically in the first map. though some sections have limited use.
- this is not your normal FPS. you may find it hard to run n gun or play like you would in other games.
- you must be spawning on teammates; think of it as leapfrog. advance up the map and stay safe.
- lots of snipers. lots of choppers or tanks. stay stealth whenever you can and dont get spot.
- these are the biggest maps of BC2. you will need to use some form of transportation at some point
- as with any game, try flanking, going up the side, taking the alternate route, surprise attacks
- if you have a shitty squad, try searching for another. (though ive met some cool, decent J-players)

CONQUEST mode
- exactly like Domination. 3 flags on a smaller map..
- limited or average vehicle usage.
- flags are spread farther apart so consider playing "zone" defense instead of constantly running in triangle
- maybe a bit faster, more action, and less vehicle rape than in Rush
- easy mode to camp in, so use toobs/launchers to blow up fuckers in 2nd story buildings
- good mode for Recon w/shotty. toss your (motion) balls!

SQUAD TDM
- 4 squads of 4 compete against each other. probably easiest & quickest XP for levling up.
- nearly no vehicles or mounted weapons (only 1 light-tank per map)

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 01/August/2011, 4:15:21 AM | Message # 49
Our Sexy Leader
Thanks for posting this information up, Kuzu. (^_-)b

For everyone else, it looks like I'm trying this game out for August. Just thought I should give it a go, especially now that Kuzu has seemingly found the solution for the lag.

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 02/August/2011, 3:43:50 AM | Message # 50
Lieutenant general
All your accounts are Japanese.

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 02/August/2011, 4:27:04 AM | Message # 51
The Clan Elder
guz?

who you talking to, what accounts are you talking about, and what are you trying to say? lol

redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 02/August/2011, 8:14:09 AM | Message # 52
Our Sexy Leader
Guz: Si! But we didn't know what the deal was for sure. (^_-)b

banion7Date: Tuesday, 02/August/2011, 10:17:13 AM | Message # 53
Colonel
Limited vehicles in TDM eh?? Hmmm... lol

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 02/August/2011, 7:10:36 PM | Message # 54
Major general
I'm not just nitpicking on BC2, but just about every multiplayer game. Developers need to implement methods that would result in more fair gameplay. My favorite map in BC2 is ruined, Heavy Metal. The reason being is that in BC2 players are able to occupy the opposing team's main base camp and use their vehicles against them. So, when this happens the other team has no method of defending themselves or getting to a different area quickly. I was in match where all four helicopters were used, and they were all circulating my base, as all positions were controlled by the other team. Not only that, but they "stole" our tanks and jeeps, while a few foot soldiers hid in my base. They should have implemented a system such that as soon as an opposing player enters a certain distance or even the base camp of the other team, it will instantly kill them. Same goes for vehicles entering the same premise. My ideas are a bit radical, but it turns the game into an enjoyable experience on all fronts, and actually encourages fair gameplay. They should have also made it such that vehicles in a main base cannot be taken by the other team. This game tries to be realistic, but it isn't. I know it's a game, and all, but they still try to be realistic. Either make it realistic or get rid of the gimmick factor that's in the game. The whole bullets are affected by gravity falls under the gimmick factor.

As I said before it's not just BC2, but every multiplayer game. Games that come to mind with somewhat decent penalties for entering a main base are Killzone and MAG. Their systems are not perfect, and is easily abused, but it's a step in the right direction. I may be the only one on board with my radical ideas, but if implemented they can do wonders for online gaming. I fail to see how "base raping" is/should be part of online gaming.

Sorry for ranting, but I've been getting into more matches where the match is lop-sided. One time my team will be doing the ownage, and the next match the other team. I just want good fair/even matches. I prefer close matches than one's that are already won or lost.

It seems that most if not all of the good pilots play hardcore modes. The better players are also playing hardcore which is good for me since I can learn from them.

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 02/August/2011, 8:03:26 PM | Message # 55
The Clan Elder
@red
dude those games we joined were not completely typical, since gameplay really does vary by map. either way, that was not a fun 3 games for me, so i hope you can get some good games in even if its without me. ive been playing vietnam predominately and its a whole 'nuther game basically.

@banchu
yah but its squad TDM, so its 4 vs 12 (3 other teams of 4). very different from just 2 teams, as you die alot more.

@niva
games suck. yah TBH when shit starts getting gay like that, there is a solution. leave. i understand the need to want to fight it out, but sometimes when it gets too cheap its not worth the frustration. bc2 does get annoying when you have too many choppers flying in the air. but at least in some rush modes, you really cant base camp because you cant physically go into their base (other side of island, out of limits, etc). but not always. lopsidedness happens in any game, ppl like being cheap and spawn raping.

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 02/August/2011, 8:47:59 PM | Message # 56
Major general
Kuz, that is true. I do leave games a lot, lol. Even if my team is owning, once they start base camping, I leave. Yea, that's why I talked about ways of changing that in games. My ideas would work, but I don't think that the vast majority of players will like it. BC2 does have wide maps, so it makes it some what "hard" to base rape, but it still isn't tough. The worst map is Laguna Alta. Once you're being base raped in that map, it's pointless to even spawn or try and get anywhere. So far the maps that I see with tons of base raping are: Heavy Metal, Laguna Alta, White Pass, Nelson Bay, that Panama map, and maybe one or two more. In all fairness base raping happens on all maps, but these are the ones where I see it happening most often.

I would play Rush, but that too gets to become one giant campfest. I like Conquest because I've been playing that mode for a few years on other Battlefield games.

red, are you liking the game so far? What mode(s) are you primarily playing? You should try piloting a helicopter, it's great fun.

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Battlefield » Battlefield Bad Company 2
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024