[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Battlefield » Battlefield Bad Company 2
Battlefield Bad Company 2
nivasan6Date: Sunday, 13/February/2011, 1:58:38 PM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Moderators
Kuz, as you probably already know I got the game, so if you want to play let me know. I'm excellent with all vehicles, and I did not face any problems controlling them or using them effectively.

If you need tips I can set-up a private game and help you out, I could use a good gunner in either of the helicopters, not so much on tanks.

KuzuDate: Sunday, 13/February/2011, 7:07:43 PM | Message # 2
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
awesome dude. would love to join u. i am freaking happy as a clam to be a gunner in ANY vehicle, be it cars, tanks, or air support. im getting a little better slowly. got over a 1 KD now! yah i figured out the key to doing well, having fun, and everything else is playing in a squad with at least 1 person who is good. u can work in pairs and do wonders. hopefully i can catch u at some times when we both are online. i basically can only play from 10pm - 2am ish, which is 5am - 9am US Pacific time. not good times but i hope to see u!

nivasan6Date: Sunday, 13/February/2011, 7:29:29 PM | Message # 3
Major general
I saw your stats, and they're really good. Granted my first game I had a .85 k/d, but from then on I got above 1 every match afterward. I even got a k/d close to 3 one match as I was completely obliterating the opposing team with my tank. My squad and I were just rolling around in our tanks and securing all positions.

I especially need a gunner in a helicopter, it's hard getting points in the Apache without a gunner. I hate waiting in the transport helicopter, people rarely go in those, yet it's a great way to get positions.

Whenever you're in a squad make sure you mark enemies and give out attack/defend orders as well.

What class are you usually playing?

If you're still having problems with the game mechanics and in general controlling vehicles, let me know. I know how to use each effectively except for the UAV, I hate that thing, lol.

I'll try and be on around those times, but as it stands now the only time I see you online is when it's the morning going into noon here.

I hate the C4, lol. People go into the light faster vehicles and right before hitting my tank they jump off and magically place and blow up my tank with one C4 explosive in a second. What the hell is up with that?

redhamuSLADate: Sunday, 13/February/2011, 10:04:42 PM | Message # 4
Our Sexy Leader
Haha. I fucking hate tanks. That shit's gay. Get car-bombed, nub! LOL.

KuzuDate: Sunday, 13/February/2011, 10:46:00 PM | Message # 5
The Clan Elder
@niva lol my stats are horrible. this is the worst performance ive ever had for PS3 games. (KD, accuracy) but i think i can push them up to a medium level with more time. meh, this is one of those times i dont really care, since i have so much fun playing the game.

i didnt know about the spotting for a few days (manual is in japanese) but after i figured it out, i spam that shiznit all the time. its good for teammates to give u cover, gets u XP, and also good for when u think u see a guy in some trees but not sure.

i started out playing recon (dumb, i know). its the hardest class to level up and sniping is not that easy when ppl keep moving. but i dont do that much now. usually i roll with assualt class for the AR. the m16 is sweet. i switch to engineer on small maps sometimes, and always when i plan on driving/riding in vehicles on big maps. get rocketed, go fix, get XP. dont use medic hardly at all, but sometimes i do for defense on rush.

im fine with the (soldier) controls. they are not as fast as COD obviously, but not as slow acceleration as KZ. knifing takes way to long to perform, but whatever. i roll in tanks when i get the chance, but i dont do well. i always get blasted from the other guy in a tank on 1v1 battles. i really cant fly at all. its very hard with the FragnStein to control left-to-right movement, so i have basically no turning radius. also, i swear i was driving an apache or similar, and i couldnt fire any rockets at all. the only thing im comfortable with, and actually decent with, is the UAV! lol. i love flying that sucker around and spotting ppl. getting a rare rocket kill, and basically annoying ppl with the 2ndary bullet fire. (gotta have the perk equipped though).

yah, literally 8am-12 (Eastern) is the only time i will ever be online. i know thats really inconvenient but thats married life for me.

i got the SPEC bundle kit DL content, and its pretty cool as i get the last (and best) weapon for each class, plus a different skin for each class. it was $5-6 total.

@red i know the idea of vehicles sounds gay, and while it can be if the whole team is in them, on land and in the air, spawn trapping ur base with constant bombings. but that is the same for any game. when its a fair fight, and both sides have equal access, i find it very fun getting in some tanks or whatever. its not a traditional FPS if u think of it like that, but then again its just the same as having 15 killstreaks in COD gamese. why i think its so different is that anyone can jump in them, but you have to be above average to do well with them. its another dynamic to the game, and i really like it. u can take them out with alot of different tools, or use them for alot of fun.

nivasan6Date: Monday, 14/February/2011, 4:11:49 PM | Message # 6
Major general
red, tanks are amazing, spend the time to know them, and you'll agree that they are amazing. It takes skill to use vehicles in any game.

Kuz, I could care less about stats too, I played a few matches averaging a k/d under 1, lol. It was still fun, because my team was kicking ass in Rush mode. I prefer Conquest to Rush though. Conquest is a Battlefield staple, maybe that's why I prefer it.

I spent half of a match, well actually more than half of the match using the UAV. I was going crazy in that thing, spotting people and trying to take out tanks. I even got a few roadkill, kills with it, lol.

I spent time with Recon, but how exactly do you get points for throwing Sensor Mines? I threw so many, and it spotted a lot of people, but no points. I prefer the Assault and Engineer classes, I hate Medic primarily because of the LMG's. Recon isn't too bad, but it's not fun getting killed by players ranked 50 who have vetted numerous times. I wish there was server browsing, or at least put me in matches with people who are similar rank to me. I don't mind playing against higher ranked players, but it gets to a point where it isn't fair losing in a fire fight because they have perks/abilities that I didn't unlock yet.

KuzuDate: Monday, 14/February/2011, 7:10:26 PM | Message # 7
The Clan Elder
UAV is fun, im telling u! i jump in it every chance i have, unless its right in the middle of the map and im sure to get backstabbed. but i always use it if its on our base-side of map.

u get recon points if the sensor gets an assist. u also get points if u mark ppl that get killed (assist again). remember though u can only have one sensor active at a time, so dont throw more than one out at once. im sure u know this, but if u kill someone (any class) its a good idea to switch quickly to their kit, use their ability (healthpack, ammo, sensor mine) then switch back to ur original.

yah one gripe with the game is that there are balancing issues. for the first few days, i was always put against a handful of lvl50 guys, with maybe one on our side. they just destroy us. and since the game really boils down to who has better squads, not individual players, this compounds the amount of pain they inflict. when i get put in a bad squad, its usually not much fun since i have to keep spawning back at base. ppl dont work together, or just plain suck, then its like a guranteed loss.

got Vietnam, basically so i could party up with the GaijinGamers crew. they are actually pretty good! (though strangely they are pretty horrid individually, in COD games). they all use mics, strategy, and use their classes wisely. makes for fun games. though they do hardcore only which is disappointing. i like my HUD.
---------------
i forgot to mention this earlier, but this is THE site for all weapons/vehicles stats. very good info here.
http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

it helps with making choices on what to use sometimes, as u can see a clear advantage between some guns, or chose the one that suits ur playing style. im looking forward to unlocking the G3 and M14.

its weird though. the f2000 has the highest ROF for AR, has big recoil, and has the weakest dmg. yet thats my best gun statistically! (most kills, best ACC). so in the end, i guess just use whatever feels comfortable lol.

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 15/February/2011, 12:24:19 PM | Message # 8
Major general
lol, hardcore is great, but I need to get ranked up properly before entering another hardcore match. I actually prefer hardcore because the sniper rifles are actually useful in hardcore, but are pretty useless in regular unless you constantly get headshots.

That site was great, thanks for the link. I haven't played much, only a few hours so far. I hope to get to rank 10+ before this weekend is over.

I enjoy the XM8 a lot because that was my favorite weapon in MGS4, lol.

Thanks for the clarification on how the Sensor Mines work.

Whenever I join into a game I ask to be put in a squad, and they're usually good. In my past matches I've been the worst in the squad, lol. I've been having shitty games recently, I think I should try Squad Deathmatch, and then go back to Conquest.

Do you gain experience and unlocks playing Onslaught? If so, wouldn't that be the easiest way to level up?

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 15/February/2011, 7:55:04 PM | Message # 9
The Clan Elder
modes: ive only played rush/conquest. i really like both. conquest is very similar to COD-domination so easy for me to get into. though i really like rush much more, since each part of the map is unlocked giving the game a "fresh" dynamic and a sense of progression vs. running around in circles to the same places over and over. plus the rush maps are big, which i like, and that means vehicles and sniping. i should try the other modes too. but TBH, on average i usually earn a few thousand xp on rush, and when i do well (rare) i can get 8-9k xp for completing 10+ pin challenges. when i played hardcore, i would be happy just getting 1000xp. tried doing quick search for onslaught xp. i dont think it counts toward MP unlocks/ranks, so maybe just xp for onslaught leaderboards. anyways, i would always rather play against humans than bots.

could u give me the basics of how to fly a chopper? i guess i could go practice in private mode, but i get so excited to play MP when i go online. i really dont understand how when im in tanks, i get killed by a single UAV rocket (happened several times last night) at full health. but when i use UAV, ive never killed a healthy tank in one shot. do u need to aim for the back or something? a weakness somewhere? i had one UAV episode last night, i swear i was in it for 5min. only got a few kills but was just great fun spotting everyone up. i just like the look/feel being over the battlefield looking down. i still dont know which tank perk to use? the alt-fire is not great, since its usually just a weak machine gun in tanks or the UAV (though can be helpful in the UAV). do u use the dmg perk? optics perk (longer sight)?

banion7Date: Tuesday, 15/February/2011, 8:14:09 PM | Message # 10
Colonel
Quote (Kuzu)
knifing takes way to long to perform,

]

This is so awesome! lol. Just that made me want to play that game.
How is the sound in that game? I remember the 1942 sounds made me want to puke...

The idea that you have to work with squads is a bit annoying sounding... Well, guess that s just from COD players who, well I'm usually thinking "you better be on the other team next time so I can stick semtex to your retard ass" most of the time - do not want to try to work in squads w guys like that...

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 15/February/2011, 8:16:42 PM | Message # 11
Major general
I prefer Conquest because it's a Battlefield staple. Rush gets really boring for me, as if either team is terrible then it becomes a game of camping and waiting; no fun. I was just curious about Onslaught, I tried completing a match by myself, and no luck. It's nearly impossible with one person, lol. I haven't even got past 3000xp in a match yet.

Flying the chopper is almost exactly the same as flying the UAV. You seem to be good at flying the UAV, and that in theory should correlate to you being able to pilot a chopper. Whenever I fly I only use the right analog stick to control the pitch, I rarely control yaw at all. I found out that I can maneuver quickly by just controlling the pitch and not worrying about the yaw. Though, the yaw is helpful when hovering, but not sure why would want to hover for a given time unless you want to get shot down, lol. I would recommend the regular DualShock 3 or SixAxis controller rather than your FragX (I forgot the name). It's harder to pilot anything with a mouse, which is why PC gamers use joysticks when they fly in Battlefield or any other game for that matter. I will try and be on around the same time as you, and invite you to a private match. Then, I can help you out that way.

Tanks are a lot weaker from the back, I'm surprised someone actually managed to get you in the back without anyone seeing the UAV. Aiming the missile to hit the back is really tricky when you're at a high altitude. They are also weak at the sides, but not by much. I always laugh when someone tries battling my tank from head on. When this happens I move a bit so I can hit their sides, and they're usually gone in two well placed shots.

I just use the armor perk because unless you're confident then roll with the other ones. I prefer armor because then I can withstand many attacks and still have time to repair. I can usually take on two tanks with the armor, no lie.

Chopper: helpful tips/hints (things you should try on your own), sorry if they don't really help, as it makes it easier to communicate with you in game.
1. learn thrust
2. hover for a few minutes
3. learn to move forward, and precede to hover without moving
4. learn to turn
5. learn to turn whilst moving forward
6. learn to move backward (somewhat hard, but really useful)
7. learn to land, though quite trivial as the choppers take no damage when coming in for a land regardless of entry speed, lol

Another tip: if you can't wait to join in on the mp mayhem, then find a transport chopper (since people rarely use them), and try flying that and act as a diversion. Flying came relatively easy for me, which is a shock since I hated flying in Battlefield 2 and Warhawk. Really, controlling the chopper and UAV are identical except one has much more weight and more useful flying a low altitude (chopper, is better at low altitude, but I usually fly higher as it makes it harder to be hit).

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 15/February/2011, 10:42:42 PM | Message # 12
The Clan Elder
i want to address both or ur responses. but first, lemme give this link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp87567rH60

this shows what its like for the assault class (infantry). solid commentary with good tips. 11min

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 16/February/2011, 4:21:28 AM | Message # 13
The Clan Elder
@ban i have played 3 COD games, and i loved playing them. but i think what i really loved (besides the pace, varations in guns/perks, and mechanics) is just that i knew i could kill a crap load of ppl in a short time. TBH, even if i know my crazy good games only happened due to lag (im host) or non-skill (they are noobs), it still just felt GOOD getting 30kills in 3minutes. that is me at my most selfish, sadistic level. there, i said it. im a murderer. but really, i think thats what it all boils down to. COD is fun because we kill alot, and kill often.

BFBC2 is about as opposite as you can get, for 2 games that are both modern military FPS. I really think the names should be switched around, because the only "Call of Duty" in COD is to look out for yourself, yet in BC2 it really is your duty to play as a squad. a great deal of players i confront (yanks mostly) in COD are a "bad company" of assholes. so far, everyone who has used a mic in BC2 has used it to communicate, give heads up, and offer friendly tactical input. thank you, dudes.

the controls in BC2 are a little bit slower, but its manageable. the game is most definitely not suited to the lone gunsman, trying to outduel everyone he faces (as i can attest to with my struggling 1.0 KD). not because its hard to control/aim, but because of the situation and environment. if u go 1v1, u may face 1v4 if they decide to spawn on that guy. even in pure 1v1, i have a lower killing % than in COD. guns do much less damage; usually 5-7 shots depending on weapons. there are boosting perks (armor, bullet dmg, speed) but that only reduces shots needed by 1. then again, its crazy easy to get headshots in this game. i think i actually have over 100 HS for 900 kills (which also include vehicle, nades, various klils) so thats an extremely high HS-to-gun kill ratio for me. i even get HS kills when i use launchers and tanks and shit. LOL! on top of that, ALL headshots do at least 2x damage (red/guz would LOVE that stat!) so u could theoretically kill in 3-4 shots. shotguns are pretty buff. 1HK up close.

spawns are the key to the game. the maps (in rush) are absurdly big, and i love that. not lying, u could probably fit 5-10 mid-size COD maps into just one BC2 map. thats how big they are. in rush, u only play in one area (ie 1/5th of the map) and open up subsequent parts as u take the objective. but since maps are so big, if u are spawning at ur base, u are losing. u need to be spawning on ur squad, so this is where at least minimal strategy is necessary. even having a sniper, who does nothing, benefits the team since ppl can safely spawn on him. if everyone rushes into the HQ and dies rambo style, u all just fucked ur squad since u now start over 3 clicks from the action. (lol how far is a click?)

ill say it again in a different way. COD was fun because there were cool ways in which to kill. BC2 is just fun. period. even if u just fuck around and decide to shoot trees, its cool. u can blow up full buildings with enough damage, and crush anyone trapped inside (fun times!). u can ride at like 80mph on quad bikes and get to the other side of the map in seconds. the vehicles dont break the game, because there are so many ways to take them out and the maps are huge. anyways, they add such a fun dynamic, it really feels like a war, not a speedy arcade game (yes, looking at u COD). i really cant describe how much i like this game. the past handful of PS3 games ive played, ive finally thought that im a decent player, but im back at square one with BC2. that frustrates me, and normally that would distract me from having fun. but fuck it, i still have fun going negative, cuz there are so many cool things to do and experience.

and i didnt even get to the vietnam maps. F.U.C.K.I.N.G. beautiful. the scenery is breathtaking. u hear mosquitos buzzing, frogs croaking, yaks yakking(?) and u feel like ur there. they play constant 60s music, which is distracting but really adds to the sense of Nam. the guns are all non-sighted, old school guns. there are jungles, flat rice paddies, fucking death-trap mountain sides, and lots of Nam vibe. ive never seen any game offer this kind of realism. the player graphics are just average, but it doesnt matter cuz the environment is top notch.

when u have a decent squad, or at least one decent squadmate, the game is fucking dope. when i play with the GGers, its really incredibly fun, because everyone is communicating. ive never experienced this type of teamwork, and its really quite impressive. i think we have all underestimated the power and fun factor of MICS. u guys without kids or wives 2feet away really should strap on some mics, because its a whole new world when u use them. oh and the sounds are awesome dood. hearing the whizz of a tank shell going past, or the sound of multiple rockets is amazing. buildings creak, and u can hear rubble/sand falling between the cracks. i mean, wow.

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 16/February/2011, 10:53:58 PM | Message # 14
Major general
Wow, Kuzu nice essay, lol. Just kidding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XxKR7D8nJ8&feature=related

There are plenty of other videos out there on how to pilot the choppers. I picked this one because I like their control scheme even though I have not tried changing the controls for flight in the game.

Since we can't really do a private match I highly recommend that you play Conquest or do a private Onslaught on easy mode and try practicing there. I picked Conquest because the helicopters are at everyone's main base from the start, and they don't take long to spawn either. I don't recommend you playing Rush for practicing. Onslaught mode will be more forgiving, but as a warning the a.i will constantly find ways to bring you down. There are guys on AA guns that will bring you down within seconds.

I will try and be on around the same time I was on today, and then I can help you with flying. Maybe we can even rack up huge points for killing people and assisting each other. I saw some other videos and both the pilot and gunner were racking points relatively quickly as well as gaining pins, emblems, insignias, etc...

I agree with you on your points about BC2 and COD. I haven't played a bad Battlefield game, and I hope that doesn't change when Battlefield 3 is released. With that said I did not like BC simply because it wasn't the Battlefield that I know and love. It's a good game, but I didn't like it. On the other hand all the cod game that I have played are terrible. cod4 was decent when I first played it, and then it got tiresome, and the next installments are essentially the same game.

Kuzu, I may get Battlefield 3 for the PC simply because it features full 64 players, but only 24 for consoles. The PS3 can easily hold 64, but DICE is probably making fair for both consoles. I hate when developers do that, at least Valve is giving PS3 owners Steam support. They would've included that in the 360 version as well, but Microsoft does not want another online service conflicting theirs, lol.

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 22/February/2011, 9:58:03 PM | Message # 15
The Clan Elder
i did try learning to fly one day. i can actually take off now without crashing! i see that as an achievement. all things aside, i can fly ok now, but i cant seem to pick up much speed and turn quickly without getting shot down, or i get scared and start clipping buildings/trees. still just as fun for me to ride as a passenger.

getting better at tanks. u really need a passenger to spot infantry, so that they dont sneak up behind u and c4. a few times, i will be alive in the tank, hammering the HQ and giving cover fire, getting some kills in the process. i like the variation in tanks, they are all so fun.

had some good nights playing with just 1 guy. probably my first session actually have multiple games over 2.0. then without him, going solo on random squads, i revert back to subpar standards. just need 1 person to play with or its too hard to succeed.

im not liking the dilemma of having to choose between R3 and BF3!

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Battlefield » Battlefield Bad Company 2
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024