[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 8
  • »
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » Crysis 2
Crysis 2
KuzuDate: Tuesday, 22/March/2011, 10:44:50 PM | Message # 1
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
i think this game deserves to be recognized as a top tier game, after reading up more on it.
here is some MP gameplay from the demo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEL3aQ2WSew

game is very crisp. i hate to generalize, but if i had to, i would say it looks like a mix of Halo, COD, and Resistance. it has some sci-fi aspects (the nano suit with cloak, viewing, jumping abilities), has solid guns, and has a good feel to it. the MP does not seem overboard with the scifi though, since it retains use of regular weapons. the melee looks good, ala Resistance, looks like 2 punches to the face at least. no KNIFING that ive seen. sprinting makes u fast, ala marathon fast. action is quick paced. will get more details as they come in. graphics look outstanding. sound effects are good too. there are 3 killstreaks, but they are map specific, so that probably wont dominate the game like COD. it has a good mix of the games we know and love. this could be a contender. please consider it guys.

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 22/March/2011, 10:52:28 PM | Message # 2
The Clan Elder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6oHWoF_zPA

a good commentary. talking about some perks, equipment, etc. liking this game more and more.

especially liked what he said about killstreaks. he called them KC; kill and collect. so u have to kill the guy AND collect his dogtag, physically picking it up. so camping will get u a kill, but u still have to go collect the tag in order for it to count toward the killstreak. smart move there! these guys seem to realize the good and bad points of various games out there on the market... getting excited possibly!!

redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 22/March/2011, 11:18:10 PM | Message # 3
Our Sexy Leader
Haha. Funny you should post this up. When does it come out in Japan? Dedicated servers? Just saw TmarTn's latest commentary on it & it looked dope! Now my question is...

Is there FFA?!

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 22/March/2011, 11:38:28 PM | Message # 4
The Clan Elder
ok im not gonna be biased and get too far ahead of myself. there are plenty of good reviews, especially for the SP aspect. but im here to talk about the MP. apparently there are only 6v6 maximum. thats disappointing. some reviews say the suits and powers that come with them could be overpowering. that does detract a bit from the straight up shooting game. then again, so does COD with all the perks/streaks that modify the way anything/everything is done. i like how they mixed aspects from diff games and blended them nicely. things like sprinting, jumping, cloak & shield use up your suits energy, so they are not unlimited. melee, not knifing, was a good choice. the weapons were standard, not scifi style, and can be customized but not sure how many weapons total there are.

review from (i forget) for MP:
The multiplayer part of Crysis 2 is superficially similar to what you might find in other modern shooters, but an elaborate system of unlocked enhancements does a good job of keeping you engaged. Crysis 2 rewards you with experience and levels as you play; you unlock the most intriguing modes only after many hours. Until then, you can expect to sink some time into boilerplate modes like Instant Action (Deathmatch); Team Instant Action; and a little later on, Crash Site, which is a king of the hill mode in which the hill periodically moves locations. In time, you also unlock a capture-the-flag variant, along with two assault-and-defend modes: Assault and Extraction. (Note that in private matches, you can access all of these modes from the get-go.)

These game types all grant a good dose of action, though it is much different from the expansive Power Struggle matches that defined the original. Nevertheless, Crysis 2 differentiates itself from other shooters with the same nanosuit abilities as in the single-player campaign. You can cloak yourself for short periods of time and take your opponents by surprise; escape a sticky situation by leaping to higher ground; and improve your defenses by activating armor mode. The diverse maps give you plenty of opportunity to employ these skills. On the vertical Skyline map, for example, jumping to higher ground is a great way to gain an advantage over a pursuing enemy. On the atmospheric Sanctuary, stealthy players will appreciate the many archways and gravestones that shield them from view when they need to recharge their energy. It's all solid fun, and given the nature of the nanosuit powers, it's unpredictable enough to keep you invested for the long term.

The online gameplay is further energized by a lot of customizability, as well as the promise of weapon and power enhancements always on the horizon. While you can choose from one of a few premade classes, Crysis 2 allows you (in most modes) to create your own class by selecting from a variety of weapons and suit modules. These modules are many and may allow for faster firing rate, automatic warning when enemies come near, radar scrambling, and more. Some unlocks are earned by meeting the necessary skill requirement; others are tied to particular milestones. For example, you might earn a module upgrade by killing 150 enemies while in armor mode. There are many such upgrades and many ways to customize your character. Even match types are flexible. Public matches offer variants in which, for example, time between rounds is reduced or you don't get any nanosuit abilities. Private matches afford the host control over aspects like friendly fire, score limit, respawn delay, and much more.

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 23/March/2011, 3:33:42 AM | Message # 5
The Clan Elder
released already in the US. i think its coming to Japan on Mar 24th. cant confirm that though. i believe its un-dedicated servers, since i saw from the demo that ppl had different bar levels, ala COD. not sure about a FFA, but it wasnt mentioned among a few modes reviewed. 6 modes total.

duxy87Date: Wednesday, 23/March/2011, 8:19:57 AM | Message # 6
Major general
Group: Moderators
Looks like a game with a lot of potential judging from the vid smile

The graphics look phenominal. Mechanics top notch. Looks as though it's a bit of skill to kill someone too (Accuracy, Bullet Penetration, Double hit melee's). The player was so frustrating to watch though. No real tactic in how this guy was going about it... Making stupid decisions, Running aimlessly in circles, reloading heaps with LMG. Ahh I feel like I want to punch that guy in the face. What's the go with the perks? Invisibility and Heat detector right? Cancels eachother out adequately... good.

I think it's a game which will draw a lot of interest to the FPS community. Expanding on the implementation of MP will definately boost the games hype. Just realised it was released today in Australia (March 24th). So what are you guys doing? getting this game?? I have no idea what to take of it...lol

p.s. best battlefield voice overs: "Hey cover my ass!" hahaha

redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 23/March/2011, 9:39:56 AM | Message # 7
Our Sexy Leader
I'm planning on picking this game up tomorrow, which is the J-release date. I'm actually getting up early, heading to the shop & then b-lining it back to my place for some games. I'm hoping to get 3 or 4 hours in, before I've got to head back to Tokyo...without my PS3 & games. (>_<;)

duxy87Date: Wednesday, 23/March/2011, 10:00:45 AM | Message # 8
Major general
Group: Moderators
Good man red!

As it's 24th March 2am right now in melbourne.. I'm Gona read more about this game tomorrow morn, get different perspectives, reviews etc. Watch more vids. If i'm convinced enough on my break at work tomorrow i'll pop down to jb hifi and get this mofo.

P.s. red log in and capture the edited vid off BO to your hardrive before you go absent from PS3 time

edit: Kuz are you getting this game too? if you are that would be sweet smile

Edit2: OMG I JUST BOUGHT THIS GAME.. good call? Bad call?
Shit I duno what happened there lol will I regret this? I guess I have one full day to see if I like it or not. Won't get to play till later today though sad

Message edited by duxy87 - Wednesday, 23/March/2011, 6:15:19 PM

redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 23/March/2011, 6:39:47 PM | Message # 9
Our Sexy Leader
Quote (duxy87)
Edit2: OMG I JUST BOUGHT THIS GAME.. good call? Bad call?
Shit I duno what happened there lol will I regret this? I guess I have one full day to see if I like it or not. Won't get to play till later today though

LOL! WTF! Good stuff, dux!

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 23/March/2011, 6:58:23 PM | Message # 10
The Clan Elder
i cant find that much info on this game, even though it was already released. i would like to confirm the number of weapons (i always like more). would like to confirm number of perks/power ups. would like to confirm whether its only 6v6. would like to confirm (lack of ) dedicated servers as well.

i think the number of players is my biggest turn off. ive always liked bigger than smaller. maybe R2 60player was too big, but i think anything from about 24-40 is what i like best. never been a fan of small games or small maps really. and im not sure i can handle any more p2p games TBH.

but i will definitely listen to ur reviews. if they are very high, i will consider getting it. i will give any MP game a shot at this point.

redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 23/March/2011, 7:38:58 PM | Message # 11
Our Sexy Leader
Fuuuuck. At the shop right now & they don't have it. Says cuz of the earthquake it'll be coming in on the 1st. Might go to Akiba to get the US version.

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 23/March/2011, 7:42:33 PM | Message # 12
The Clan Elder
red. was just about to post up this.
amazon JP has the US/Asia version for 8400 yen. Fuck that.
they have the JP version with some bonus for 6100 yen but no release date... Fuck that.

went to PlayAsia, and they have the Asia version for 4080 yen, in stock. if u want the game (and im very tempted at that price!) i would go with them. i got my (now useless, VGA converter) item in just a few days, with expedited shipping.

redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 23/March/2011, 8:41:21 PM | Message # 13
Our Sexy Leader
Thanks, Kuzu. Just picked up the 'Limited Edition' for ¥4980, however. Probably a pretty good deal, huh? J-version will probably go for ¥7980 or some shit.

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 23/March/2011, 8:45:16 PM | Message # 14
The Clan Elder
thats a US copy? not even sure if the JP version will have menus/etc in Eng or not. cant confirm it from GGers site.

get on that MP if u can and let us know how the game is!

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 23/March/2011, 10:34:24 PM | Message # 15
The Clan Elder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GALg5c62XqU

another good commentary breakign down certain aspects of the game. getting very close to a purchase...

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » Crysis 2
  • Page 1 of 8
  • »
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024