Thursday, 28/March/2024, 9:35:57 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Starhawk - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » Starhawk (Well, here it comes...)
Starhawk
banion7Date: Friday, 13/May/2011, 6:56:40 PM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Moderators
Sony announced yesterday that the sequel to Warhawk, called Starhawk will be coming out in 2012. Hopefully the psn will be up in time to play multiplayer when it does come out...

Starhawk info

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 14/May/2011, 8:42:00 AM | Message # 2
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
3PS and not Uncharted. Hmm...

The building shit DID look pretty epic, though!

nivasan6Date: Monday, 23/May/2011, 8:23:29 PM | Message # 3
Major general
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011....nswered

This is exactly how a "sequel" should be. It should cater to the fans and not some fanbase that would be "unattainable". Dylan Jobe does say himself that this game is for the fans. Now, they do have features that cater to the newcomers, but I'm fine with that, as long as it doesn't become a main part of the game.

KuzuDate: Monday, 23/May/2011, 11:57:39 PM | Message # 4
The Clan Elder
<-- interested

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 01/June/2011, 11:51:27 AM | Message # 5
Major general
A video showcasing a CTF match on Acid Sea. This game is still early in development, but still looks phenomenal. As I said before this is how a true sequel is supposed to be. Sequels aren't supposed to be the same damn game over and over again. This game has new elements that have not been done before per say. Not only that, but they are trying to improve a franchise that, to me does not need much improvement. Hell, I'd be happy if Starhawk was the same as Warhawk, but with more vehicles. I wished Warhawk had some sort of aquatic transportation, to make use of the water in levels.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011....cid-sea

banion7Date: Wednesday, 01/June/2011, 9:32:22 PM | Message # 6
Colonel
Yes the game looks great and the new dimensions to it are interesting - but sorry I'm still quite skeptical about whether such an objective oriented game could fly with just random people playing online.

To me the only fun and satisfying team game in any online shooter I've played anyways is TDM, since it is the only one that works.

I figure until they eliminate the KDR stat completely the only modes I'll play in any game will be FFA or TDM.

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 01/June/2011, 10:04:13 PM | Message # 7
Major general
Playing with randoms isn't all that bad, especially if you have/use a mic and help them. MAG, is also purely team based and I played a lot of matches with randoms. I must say most of the time people listened and did as told, and most of the leaders (squad, platoon, and commanding officers) that I encountered were really good at directing people without being pricks. Objective oriented games work all the time, even with a bunch of randoms. Team Fortress 2 comes to mind. Quake Wars Enemy Territory, Unreal Tournament, MAG, Killzone, SOCOM, etc.. these are all excellent games that work and are still being played today. Now, some arguments can be made about Killzone and SOCOM, but in general those games are objective driven.

I agree with the KDR stat. I find it unnecessary, as people will only play to "show off" their unimpressive stat, and will end up quitting just to keep it at the number they like. In my opinion KDR should not be in any game, it's pointless and stupid. It doesn't say anything at all. I said this before, but I would much rather have someone with a terrible KDR than someone with a killer one on my team.

KuzuDate: Thursday, 02/June/2011, 11:45:32 PM | Message # 8
The Clan Elder
Quote (banion7)
I'm still quite skeptical about whether such an objective oriented game could fly with just random people playing online. To me the only fun and satisfying team game in any online shooter I've played anyways is TDM, since it is the only one that works. I figure until they eliminate the KDR stat completely the only modes I'll play in any game will be FFA or TDM.

sry to ninja this thread, but i wanted to reply.
Ban: if im not mistaken, your entire online/FPS experience has come from playing COD games. so you have been exposed to a certain aspect of gaming that didnt exist before. ive seen how now every game similar to it is compared to it, and words such as camper are thrown around so easily it just disgusts me. thats another topic.

BF does not show KDR stats for OBJ games. i cant say playing with randoms works perfectly, but that is only because i joined the game, what, 1.5yrs after its release, so i was matched up with noobs against Vets. i think if i got the game at the start (which i plan to for BF3), it will be the most fun team-oriented FPS game to date.

i really think u guys need to give BF3 a chance. its not just a random FPS for greed/personal glory like COD, while COD does have redeeming qualities and i loved it. BF really emphasized team play and doesnt just use random, stupid class abilities. they actually do something, and have a very integral purpose to advancing.

i know this is the wrong thread, but im begging you guys to play BF3, so we can join up as a team, and really see how fun it is to play Objectively, not individually.

(again, srry for going so off topic).

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 03/June/2011, 5:06:55 AM | Message # 9
Our Sexy Leader
niv: There are games where kdr DOES say/mean something, imo.

Kuzu: Not to speak for ban or anything, but the dude played Warhawk for quite a long time & from what I gather at least semi-competitively. COD is, however, his first real FPS experience of length.

nivasan6Date: Friday, 03/June/2011, 11:57:53 AM | Message # 10
Major general
I agree with red, that ban did play Warhawk for quite some time.

Kuzu, why would we want to play garbage that is Battlefield 3? Nah, man, just kidding. I will most likely get it for PC since it has the "full" Battlefield experience which is 64 player matches. I want the PS3 version, but they only have 32 player matches. DICE claimed that consoles only get 32 because people weren't complaining about it, whereas the PC gamers were. I find that really dumb and lazy on their part. Just because fans weren't complaining/asking for it, they don't deliver? I'm still looking forward to it, and I told Guz, Marsh, and Alu on the clan chat that Battlefield 3 will be the best online FPS this year.

red, I'm just curious, but what are these games? I respect your opinion, and I see that you respected mine too, but I'm just wondering what games you believe that KDR matters.

banion7Date: Friday, 03/June/2011, 12:18:18 PM | Message # 11
Colonel
KDR means a lot but it depends on the variables. Vids like RTC say a lot more than a number.

Warhawk was awesome when it was played like it was meant to be played. CTF, when played like TDM would turn into a full 30 minute kill farming exercise. We are talking bombing the Fk out of poor noobs who have only one place to spawn. How is that fun?? Why would you even do that?? My answer always came down to, my team wanted to pad their stats more than have fun playing the game.

Kuz, I'd love to play BF and have fun with that - but, what I really like is the little battles and maybe with COD I've been spoiled a bit - awesome sharp controls and fast paced battles. I like gunfights more than the strategy tbh... I am still very anti EA, especially after playing Crysis 2 for a bit, I really hate the feel that company gives its games - just not a good mix for me.

Anyways, hopefully we can all find a comfortable place to play together and have fun soon. Guess it's no secret that the only game I am honestly waiting with a boner for is MW3... lol.

KuzuDate: Sunday, 05/June/2011, 0:46:19 AM | Message # 12
The Clan Elder
is it ok to continue here? lol

so the thing about BF series is this. its every bit as good as COD. there are tons of weapons to choose from, granted a few less and maybe less variability. but still, quite enough to keep anyone satisfied. once u play for the objective, and get 1-2 squad-mates with a brain, its 100% more fun than COD. u spawn on each other, and u watch each others back, either giving ammo/health/sensor/repair vehicle. u do small skirmishes ala COD to advance up the field, then wait for more teammates to back you up. i like it because its not just 1v1-whos-faster-at-hip-firing-with-extended-clips-100-speed-spin-vomit-in-face. it takes longer to down a player, so its not so easy all the time. guns feel a teeny bit more weighty, but more realistic. it aint the arcades. it doesnt require extensive strategy any more than COD needs it in DOM, CTF, etc. work well with a few buds, and you will do fine. that was the only thing i was missing, which is why i couldnt stay with it so long. that is a huge part of the game. if u DO have a teammate who is cool, there is no better feeling than rushing a point together, driving in a tank together, playing in tandem, etc. when u play the tiny COD maps and go to BF, its like the difference between living in a cramped 1-room apartment in Tokyo compared to having a 5-bedroom house in (name-your-hometown-here). in COD, u just exploit your gun, perk, vantage point (2nd story, window, only entrance, etc.). there is hardly any of that shit in BF, since the maps progress when u take points. the maps are big enough so u can take 10 different routes, as opposed to 2-3 with COD. i even had fun playing with the GGers, who are less competitive than BS, because they mostly all used mics, had fun, and supported each other even if their skills are weaker. Support. its something we lack as a clan. without it, its just not so fun. i can play COD games and have fun, but its a personal glory, not a team one that i get. BF makes sure u use your class to its abilities, otherwise ur team will not suceed. u cant have all snipes. nor can u have all assault class, or medics, or engineers. u need balance. and picking up other ppls kits is easy to change, if u ever need to. the game is balanced, its not dominated by 1-2 guys who can Pwn with a (name-whatever-gun-here). its a team game that just feels so satisfying to play. but true, without a team or someone to rely on, the game is clearly not fun *for me at least.

nivasan6Date: Monday, 29/August/2011, 8:20:57 PM | Message # 13
Major general
Here is video showcasing a CTF match in space. It seems that Starhawk will have matches with bots, so that's a good addition. I'm liking most of the things I've seen thus far about this game. The one thing that I'm not so happy about is the aiming. I prefer the way it was in Warhawk where only the sniper rifle had zooming/aiming capabilities. At least it doesn't zoom in that much, but it does increase accuracy, but that's countered by having the player slow down when aiming. Either way I'm pumped for this game, and I'm going to be dedicating time to Starhawk and Twisted Metal. I'm so happy for next year, as these games are shaping up to be amazing, and not the disappointment that I've been getting with this year's games.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pax-2011-starhawk/720011

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 29/November/2011, 9:01:52 PM | Message # 14
Major general
I just got into the private beta, and it's bloody amazing. I can't find one thing wrong with the game yet! The Build and Battle works surprisingly well, and it offers a new form of strategy to the genre. I can see every game being vastly different from the last. Even if the same two teams are still playing each other on a previous map, it will still play out in a new way. I can't wait for this game. I know for a fact now that Starhawk will not disappoint!

If anybody wants to know information, just ask, and I'll try and answer it as best as I can.

PatrickDate: Wednesday, 07/December/2011, 10:34:12 AM | Message # 15
Lieutenant
Group: Users
when is the exact date of its release?

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » Starhawk (Well, here it comes...)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024