Tuesday, 23/April/2024, 8:49:06 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | MW2 or MAG? - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » MW2 or MAG?
MW2 or MAG?
Which game are you anticipating more?
1. MW2 [ 2 ] [40.00%]
2. MAG [ 3 ] [60.00%]
Answers total: 5
redhamuSLADate: Friday, 07/August/2009, 8:51:55 AM | Message # 1
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
Post up your reasons, opinions, etc.. (^_-)b

KuzuDate: Sunday, 23/August/2009, 12:25:55 PM | Message # 2
The Clan Elder
battlefield bad company 2!

but if i had to choose, i would say MAG.

MW2. "host" servers. if the "host" aka a normal player leaves the game (since hes getting owned, since his mommy called him in for dinner, since his ps3 froze, since he went out to the mall, for whatever reason) the fcuking game just ends. thats right. it just ends mid game. u go back to the lobby and restart with a new "host". i cant tell u how fcuking gay that is. well, i can try. its very gay. on top of that, theres the 50% chance that u will get connected to a "host" that lives in Siberia or Alaska or Tazmania or wherever is very very far from YOUR home, and u will lag. its just dumb. to be perfectly honest, i would say that i had to quit out of 40-50% of the games i played in because i had less then 3 connectivity bars. i never played on less than 3/4. even at 3, its a bit laggy. only 4 bars ensures a stable game. just sooo nerve racking and time consuming to keep having to quit out of games, find a new host, and even if u have a stable game u run the chance of him pussying out and quitting.... to repeat this endless cycle.

i did very much enjoy COD4 though, when i had a stable connection and a non-pussified host. but its just too much hassle. u can see how difficult it is just for ONE player to find a stable game, so u can just FORGET ABOUT trying to ever organize anything involving several clan members. different locations. 1 guy will have 4 bars. 2 guys will have 3 bars. and the rest will be stuck with 1-2 bars of shitty lag. the more i recall my experiences, the more im so NOT looking forward to doing it again. not only this, Infinity Ward could give a rats ass about PS3. they had terrible customer support. they never wrote on the official forums. they barely fixed any problems. and they are gonna be the same for MW2. F-that. great graphics. great game mechanics. great weapons and sound effects. shitty servers. shitty support. no thanks.

i dont know much about MAG though other than the few vids ive watched. they are trying to break everything down into squads of 8. so that its not a total noob fest ala "swarm the bacon!" and having everyone run to the same place. i will be interested to know how things work out, though. im rooting for them. if they can make that many ppl work on their servers, it will put every game before them to shame. it will make MW2 look like fcuking idiots for not even being able to get a few dozen players lag free, when they have 256 players doing it. a very difficult task though. and what if alot of players DO come together in one place on the map? how will that work out. maybe they make it so that will never happen. i dunno. too many unknown variables for me to invest into this game. what will the gameplay be like? graphics?

will post later about battlefield bad company. getting tired. sry for long post.

DoOrDie86Date: Monday, 24/August/2009, 8:01:11 AM | Message # 3
Web Master
If mag can be done right...
Then i will be really happy (as you all know)
i own the first Battlefield Bad Company, i thought like Kuz said earlier that yes the sound is great but i think the gameplay is kind of bland...
I did not think about BBC till kuz mentioned it...

So i am really pushing for mag, will see what happens...

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 25/August/2009, 7:34:40 PM | Message # 4
Major general
Group: Moderators
lol, you guys crack me up. MAG is already putting every FPS to shame. It's even putting the Killzone series to shame for me. As some of you already know I'm getting the chance to play this magnificent game. The sound in MAG is superb, from the Helicopters miniguns, to platoon and squad leaders ordering an air strike. It feels real, and playing as squad leader is bad ass, haven't got a chance to play as platoon leader. The graphics does look like a PS2 game, but who cares, I'm all for the teamwork and gameplay. If graphics mattered than Crysis would be the best game in the world.

redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 25/August/2009, 10:36:56 PM | Message # 5
Our Sexy Leader
Are there skilled gunfights or is it just more "I got the jump on you, burst fired & you are dead in 1 second" kind of game? Also, don't get me wrong, squad play is fun, but I also want to be able to make an individual impact on the match. Does that happen?

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 25/August/2009, 11:36:37 PM | Message # 6
The Clan Elder
yah more details dude. noob factor? weapon selection? perks/ranking/gadgets? game modes? fun factor? vehicles?

its hard to take your opinions too seriously. (a lover of KZ2 and hater of COD4 *lag notwithstanding) wacko

DoOrDie86Date: Wednesday, 26/August/2009, 1:45:08 PM | Message # 7
Web Master
lol all the Niv hate will not get an answer out of him wacko

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 26/August/2009, 11:24:52 PM | Message # 8
The Clan Elder
meh its merely a joke. hope he knows that. every game will always have good/bad points, and everyone will disagree about things. 'tis life.

ive already made my mind anyway on BBC2. unless Electronic Arts decides to remove a bunch of included features or push back the release date by months and months, there is not much to swerve me from buying the game.

MAG sounds fun, that is if teams actually work together. but that hardly ever happens in my experience, thats why i opt for BBC2. great fun to be had in 2-4 man teamwork.

DoOrDie86Date: Friday, 28/August/2009, 11:49:37 AM | Message # 9
Web Master
i hope niv realizes that too he is very sensitive.... biggrin

nivasan6Date: Friday, 28/August/2009, 1:11:18 PM | Message # 10
Major general
I know everyone is anxious to hear more, but I'm sorry, I'm not going to disclose more information. I will answer red's question though, the game takes skill. If you get the jump on someone first, you're more than likely to kill them, but not always. I played a match where I got jumped by two guys at the same time, I ended up kill both with over 75 points of health left. From my experience most of the players play as a team. There was only one time when I had to do lone wolf style, and that's because I was squad leader for a dumb squad. I hate COD4 because it doesn't take skill to play, and their online sucks. There has been maybe 40 times max when I played a match with no lag, the rest people were floating and going through walls. I also think that the COD series is too generic, and it's always about the individual player. The first Killzone was the first shooter I actually owned for a console, and I love everything Killzone, lol.

Answers regarding Kuzu's questions. There are vehicles, the beta only has two of which people can drive. I'm going to vaguely answer the question about the perks and ranking. There is a skill "tree". As for noobs, you can tell who the noobs are, lol. One thing you may hate Kuzu, is the sound for the sniper rifles. I'm pretty sure that's how they sound in real life because knowing Zipper they like the weapons to be authentic, but it sounds like an air soft gun or paintball gun, lol. Sniping is hard shit, if you thought sniping in Killzone is hard wait until you play MAG.

KuzuDate: Friday, 28/August/2009, 9:53:20 PM | Message # 11
The Clan Elder
lol@niva. "im not going to disclose more info" -> 2 paragraphs later.

thx though. if u change ur mind on telling us more secrets, could u tell me about the # of players in a game? i mean, do u usually play in full games of 256? or what has the setup been like so far?

and double lol@"killzone being hard to snipe".. that game is the easiest game in the world to snipe in! u get a target, that stays with the enemy. u can zoom in on someone indefinitely (no holding breath). and the 5x scope is extremely helpful. (speaking of sniping, i went 312/63 last night, sniping only. FUN TIMES).

yah i love sounds. KZ2 sniper rounds are pretty good, but the rest of the weapons suck balls.

and i totally agree with u about COD4s lag. that was the main factor in ruining what, to me, was a very very fun game. but that one factor makes me not want to get the game. i also agree COD4 was very much a solo-mans game. *because of the lag, it meant i couldnt team up with clanmates anyways, thus forcing me back in the lone-wolf cycle). it was a very up-close, run 'n gun type game. which i liked *cuz i was good at it. but now i want to focus on sniping, in a game with huge maps, with tons of weapons to chose from.

nivasan6Date: Sunday, 30/August/2009, 1:50:22 PM | Message # 12
Major general
Sniping moving targets in Killzone is tough, and I recently played COD4 again, because my brother just bought a new receiver with 7.2ch sound with Polk audio speakers. I noticed that the guns in COD4 have no recoil whatsoever, and what the fuck is up with that. I also played Killzone because it is the only game now that supports 7.1ch, and the sound is superb second only to MAG, and the guns have a ton of recoil just like in real life. I find that the holding breath thing in COD4 is a bad gimmick, and not to forget that the hit detection in COD4 when sniping is shit. Especially when using the Barrett .50cal and the R700.

The closed beta does not offer match types with the full 256 players, but they do offer 128. I'll tell you how the system works when the open beta arrives on Sept. 17, lol.

redhamuSLADate: Sunday, 30/August/2009, 5:28:23 PM | Message # 13
Our Sexy Leader
How does one get into the open beta?

DoOrDie86Date: Monday, 31/August/2009, 0:44:25 AM | Message # 14
Web Master
ohh boy here we go....
basicaly you have to be special like Niv...

nivasan6Date: Monday, 31/August/2009, 12:01:42 PM | Message # 15
Major general
Well, since it's open anybody can join. But, I'm not 100% sure there's going to be an open beta. The last open beta I recall being was MGO, which you had to download from the PS Store to be in. If it isn't an open beta where anyone can join, I'm sure they'll have a sign-up on their site.

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » MW2 or MAG?
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024