Saturday, 20/April/2024, 4:32:11 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Meltdown and Radiation in Japan - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Mess Hall » General Discussion » Meltdown and Radiation in Japan (too ignorant or too scared?)
Meltdown and Radiation in Japan
KuzuDate: Monday, 16/May/2011, 11:54:35 PM | Message # 1
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
to be quite honest, i didnt think that i (living in Osaka 350 miles away) was in much danger after the nuclear accident in Fukushima. i read some journals and heard various expert opinions (all varied of course) but didnt come to the conclusion that my life was in immediate danger. it really wasnt until recently, when i first learned about "barium meals" and the radiation exposure for my upcoming medical exam, that i started thinking deeper.

if u want to see the thread i started on Gaijin Gamers about radiation exposure in medical tests in japan, go here:
http://www.gaijingamers.com/showthread.php?t=4007

anyways, now i have done some more research into the situation in japan. my advice and stance has since changed from before. now, without sounding like an alarmist, i would strongly suggest you guys in/near tokyo to get the fuck out of dodge. the japanese government HAS lied. they said shit was under control from the beginning. now they are saying they knew the plants had meltdowns just hours after the accident. this is not said out of spite for the japanese government, because the american agencies have done the same things. any government which knowingly withholds or alters information for the sake of covering their ass rather than informing the public of the dangers they face, is not to be trusted. you of course should do your own research and come up with your own conclusions, but if i were living in tokyo or any prefecture near there, i would be having nightmares of seeing my children die from cancer in 20 years. sorry, that shit just aint gonna fly with this cowboy.

it is being estimated that japan will be in a much worse place than even the Chernobyl incident. the one in russia was in an isolated region; japan has one of the most densely populated cities in the world (tokyo) within harm of radiation fallout, affecting all kinds of food supplies and water, and basically guaranteeing that certain amounts of the population will die from radiation induced diseases. the government may continually repeat that the risks to the INDIVIDUAL are minor, but the risks to the greater POPULATION can not be denied. one scientific article from as early as 1990 (in the GG thread i linked) suggested that even a 2x increase of radiation per year will result in 1 in 400 deaths. multiply that number by the amount of people in tokyo, (12.8million) and that means 32,000 people may die from radiation related fatalities. that is if the amount is only double... and i imagine the amount will be much more than that, since its obvious the government, private companies, or anyone for that matter can not be completely trusted.

this is just a side note, but did u guys hear that several people throughout japan have died after eating raw beef, which was supposed to be specially selected from the safe parts. instead, the chain restaurant gave customers shitty-contaminated meat which killed a handful of people. can u say jack-in-the-box all over again?

KuzuDate: Monday, 16/May/2011, 11:54:47 PM | Message # 2
The Clan Elder
back on topic. every scientist, civilian, nuclear-promoting-devil, etc will have different opinions and different advice. im actually quite surprised that my dad hasnt said anything to the effect of "hey dude, u should get out of there and go to another country where its safe from radiation." but thats fine. im a big boy and i can make my own decisions. im getting fed up with all the lies, and after doing more and more research i have come to the conclusion that japan is NOT a safe place to live, even for me at 350 miles away.

the IEAE (international atomic energy agency) has a deal with WHO (world health organization) so that neither can disparage the other. the WHO.. the ones who are supposed to be protecting the world's health! the IEAE was created to simultaneously "regulate" while at the same promote nuclear energy. it is the same organization, the IEAE, who suggested that only 4,000 people lost their lives due to the accident at Chernobyl. yet other distinguished organizations and scientists claim that the actual number, due to various radiation-related sicknesses, is more like 985,000. i mean, WTF...

so u can decide to believe one side or the other. but what really matters is that you start thinking for yourself and your own well-being. japan is fucked. fucked in the asshole by a big, hairy, sweaty man with no condom or vaseline. japan is a tiny country if u consider how narrow it is. its roughly the size of California, with about 40% the population of the entire United States. now imagine that a nuclear accident occurred near Los Angeles. that is basically whats happened. all the water is leaking into the sea and even worse, the ground. when the meltdown lava goes deep into the earth, it reacts with the whatever and explodes, sending off dangerous radiation vapor. this is shit that we will breath. then water supplies are going to be contaminated. if the ground is obviously contaminated with cancer causing radiation, that means every single form of substinance will have the possibility of carrying radiation... YAY!??

they have already proven that spinach 75 miles away is unsafe. tea leaves are also unsafe at XX-distance. water. grass. cows eat the grass, and give us our milk, cheese, yogurt, butter... other vegetables will be contaminated too. u go into a restaurant, how do u know where the fuck the food comes from? you dont. is it safe to go outside for a stroll in the park for the day? do u really know how the prevailing winds are going to take the fallout? do u really want to see just *how* much radiation you and your loved ones can take? well maybe its just me, but i say "fuck that".

ok now im going into exaggerated rant mode. but i think this is warranted. i have heard absolutely NO ONE in my office even mention the ill effects or their fears of the future of japan due to the power plant meltdowns. not a fucking peep in 2 months. i dont know why the fuck everyone is so fucking calm. am i the only one who gives a damn if my children develop abnormalities, defects, serious health problems, cancer, or die?? apparently so. i am utterly flabbergasted at the lack of interest, discussion, and thought put into this disaster.

so yah. looks like we may be facing a disaster worse than chernobyl thanks to the dense population of japan, lack of awareness and questing-raising, and lying from the government with support from US agencies trying to keep nuclear power plants active throughout the world.

gotta talk to my wife about possible relocation. peace.

here is a very in-depth article on the effects of chernobyl touching on all these topics. if u have a chance, and are interested, take a look:
http://www.ratical.org/radiation/Chernobyl/HEofC25yrsAC.html

redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 18/May/2011, 9:36:42 PM | Message # 3
Our Sexy Leader
Thanks for posting this up, Kuzu. I've read through it a couple of times. I honestly don't know what I'm going to do, but will definitely update everyone if I ever make some moves. Please do the same.

P.S. How's PC gaming treating you? You should post up what you are playing!

KuzuDate: Friday, 20/May/2011, 0:07:25 AM | Message # 4
The Clan Elder
i realize that post was very ranty. sorry about that. i guess it just shows that im scared, confused and frustrated at this whole situation. it doesnt help that my wife is constantly bombarding me with worst case scenarios from all over the net, while my coworkers do the opposite and pretend like nothing happened.

in all likelihood im completely over-reacting. but then again, it wouldnt be cool knowing that something, even minor, happened because of this incident, and i did nothing to prevent it. but seriously, things like "what is safe to eat" is a big deal, since so many things could be carrying radiation. for a split second, i thought about playing games at work, so that if my employers catch me accessing the game network, they could fire me and i would have no excuse to stay in japan. lol right? i dont know what im gonna do though.

im playing a game i played years back, since i could get my high ranked character to work. though im plagued by the same amount of lag as always, since im using a VPN to connect to the US, and then loop back to Singapore. its MapleStory. but its an RPG so its not so important. but somehow im not feeling it completely (though i love the stats aspect, trading aspect, and scrolling equipment for better stats aspect). apparently my account was hacked in these past few years, since i was completely naked (armors/weps) and had no money. changed my passwords, beefed up my security, more virus/malware checks, so i should be good.

GuzmanDate: Thursday, 26/May/2011, 2:59:04 AM | Message # 5
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
What's the latest Kuzu? The internet is helpful, but when it comes to stuff like this, I think they can get a bit hyperbolic; people aren't speaking from knowledge or personal experience. *shrug*
Knowing what's true & what isn't I can definitely understand though.

KuzuDate: Thursday, 26/May/2011, 11:51:26 PM | Message # 6
The Clan Elder
yah i really dont know. the news over here still talks about the reactors daily, yet i dont follow most of it since its too technical for me. i think yesterday, one of the head guys said, "people like to use the word 'meltdown', but its not an official word so that is why we havent used that word" or some bullshit. whatever. you guys knew there was a meltdown hours after the quakes, yet didnt tell anyone about it until 2+ months later, and even then you wont admit it was a fucking meltdown. i think i saw the katakana version somewhere, and i read it as "melt-through"...gotta love the japanese spirit for not wanting to admit they were wrong, so they go and make up a new word!

so in end, are we safe from this shit? i dunno. i guess ill tell you in 30 years, if its discovered that i or my family develops some sort of cancer or other diseases? my dad seems to think its not a serious threat, and hes a radiologist. but still. its always there in my mind. and especially on my wifes mind. alot of uncertainty. alot of unanswered questions. alot of uneasiness. not alot we can do though.

duxy87Date: Wednesday, 08/June/2011, 2:09:46 AM | Message # 7
Major general
Quote (Kuzu)
so in end, are we safe from this shit? i dunno. i guess ill tell you in 30 years, if its discovered that i or my family develops some sort of cancer or other diseases? my dad seems to think its not a serious threat, and hes a radiologist. but still. its always there in my mind. and especially on my wifes mind. alot of uncertainty. alot of unanswered questions. alot of uneasiness. not alot we can do though.

I'm sure it hasnt gotten that severe, but just hope things will be ok kuzo.. and least by now that you and your fam are safe and sound smile

all the best pal!

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 12/July/2011, 4:34:31 AM | Message # 8
The Clan Elder
More good news.
http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news...-japanese-beef

"The beef samples from 11 cows that were shipped from a single farm showed levels of radioactive cesium from 1,530-3,200 becquerel per kilogram, compared to the legal limit of 300 becquerel per kilogram, according to Tokyo metropolitan government."

"We are absolutely in shock that the internal radiation level was so high, because when we screened them, we got a zero cesium reading on their surfaces," the representative said. "They were raised indoors, and ate food and drank water that was deemed safe by current government standards," he said. Though this is the first time that excessive radioactive cesium was found in meat from Fukushima, radiation testing on the receiving end has been limited since the start of the nuclear accident.

According to the spokesman at the Ministry of Health, monitoring on food radiation is done on a random basis before it is made available to consumers. "Far less than 1% of all food (including meat, fresh produce and seafood) coming from Fukushima has been tested," he said, and there is no plan to change the current monitoring system.

Since late April, when the Fukushima government first imposed mandatory radiation screening on livestock, 2924 cows have been tested and shipped from the evacuation preparation zone in Fukushima, the government representative said. None have been banned based on their external radiation reading.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So what this means is that the Japanese government have only been screening cows for their surface radiation, and it never occurred to them that cows (raised inside) may have no surface radiation and yet eat contaminated food... so, while 99% of the food remains untested, the 1% that DOES is not thoroughly tested at all. So any of us, who have been eating beef, drinking milk, eating yogurt, eating cheese, using butter, may very well be ingesting "radioactive cesium from 1,530-3,200 becquerel per kilogram". Fucking cunts cant even follow a proper protocol, and instead may have already exposed people to hazardous amounts of radiation...

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 12/July/2011, 6:11:25 AM | Message # 9
Lieutenant general
Seems like we're all annoyed w/ the government these days...

Forum » Mess Hall » General Discussion » Meltdown and Radiation in Japan (too ignorant or too scared?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024