[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Mess Hall » General Discussion » Sports
Sports
duxy87Date: Monday, 09/November/2009, 2:21:11 AM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Moderators
You like sports? So do I smile

Here are my fav sports: AFL (aussie rules footy), cricket, and recently getting into NFL

Here are my sport teams I follow through all codes:

Australian Football: Melbourne Demons (AFL)

Cricket: Australia (ICC), VIC bushranges (national)

Rugby League: Melbourne Storm (NRL)

Rugby Union: Wallabies (international)

Soccer: Melbourne Victory (A-league)

Now going international:

Soccer: Man United (EPL), Barcelona (SPAIN), Inter-milan (ITA)

American football: Dallas Cowboys (NFL)

Ice hockey: NJ Devils (NHL)

Basketball: LA lakers (NBA)

Now, lets see everyone else's! smile

AlucardDate: Monday, 09/November/2009, 10:53:19 PM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Moderators
no Yankees? lol

i only like baseball, hockey, motorsports, bowling, pool/billiards and womens college softball lol

baseball: Yankees
hockey: NY Islanders
motorsports: the cars and the drivers
bowling: Roy Munson
pool/billiards: that old dude that does trick shots!
womens college softball: any school with purdy gurls (*^_^*)

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 10/November/2009, 7:22:42 AM | Message # 3
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
football: SF 49ers
baseball: SF Giants
basketball: Warriors / Kings
college: Stanford

Clint_CoderDate: Wednesday, 09/December/2009, 5:52:48 PM | Message # 4
Private
Group: Users
Im real big on football.

St. Louis Rams are my favorite team.
Also the Cincinnati Bengals, they suck but thats the home team.

I also watch a lot of motorsports, mostly drag racing.

AngDate: Friday, 08/January/2010, 10:16:47 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant colonel
I used to be into sports hardcore in High School, but when I went to college, I got into Japanese comics (manga) more instead. lol
Lots of new buddies I made in college introduced me to good stuff.

I do love college football more than anything else. I am a Longhorn fan. Too bad they lost their last game, their QB was out really quick and they played a freshman that did pretty well.

I like soccer as well...MLS sucks, but Euro-Soccer is awesome. I can't freaking wait for the World Cup.
My favorite teams are Portugal and Spain. I am half Spaniard and Portuguese...don't look like either though, I am kind of dark. biggrin

redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 12/January/2010, 9:25:06 PM | Message # 6
Our Sexy Leader
I played soccer for 20 years. I'm burnt the fuck out. I basically never want to touch a soccer ball again in my life. I don't keep track of teams or players at all, but will watch a game if it's good. I do know, however, that Cristiano Ronaldo is insanely good. Shit's crazy. As to other sports, nothing really grabs my interest. *shrug*

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 12/January/2010, 10:43:28 PM | Message # 7
The Clan Elder
as for actual sports played, i am a soccer player as well. started young, played throughout elem/jr/high school. got on a few advanced teams, played in tournaments, stepped on a few guys heads, had fun.

i loved the crap out of soccer games. i was fast, a good defender, and had good reflexes.

oh, i joined the badminton team in HS. i teamed up with my soccer buddy, forming a doubles team. gotta say, that shit was incredibly fun too. u may think its girly or paddy-cake, but its not. when u smash, it goes well over 100mph. its like non-stop basketball and tennis played on a tiny court. fun times.

since coming to japan, ive hardly done any sports. of course it is partly my fault (for getting into games and hot women) but mostly i blame it on japan. seriously. even when i joined the gym for years, the only thing i could do was lift weights.

there are no such things as Free basketball/tennis/badminton/volleyball courts.
there are hardly any courts around (even at one of the biggest parks in Osaka, near my house, which is home to a soccer team ferfucksake.

yah.. so there are no ppl to play with, and even if there were, we would have to search for an hour to find a place only to pay 1000yen an hour to use the court. lame.

im out of shape and would love to play (anything) but its not gonna happen in japan.

AngDate: Tuesday, 19/January/2010, 11:31:29 PM | Message # 8
Lieutenant colonel
Cool! I played football, soccer and baseball in HS. I wasn't too good at soccer though. In football, I was a SS (I loved spearing people), baseball I was 3rd batter! Would have been 4th, but a fat kid was a better hitter and I was good at stealing bases. In soccer, I was a midfielder and that shit tired me out. lol

I never saw myself making a career out of a sport. I played to have something to do, but as a pro, forget that. To get in, you have to sacrifiice so much.

Yeah red, Cris Ronaldo is a monster, but I think Lionel Messi from Argentina is better. I never liked Ronaldo that much, he is too full of himself. He is a great player and young too, but meh.

Forum » Mess Hall » General Discussion » Sports
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024