Friday, 29/March/2024, 11:00:46 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Red light of death... - Page 2 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Mess Hall » General Discussion » Red light of death... (not on my PS3, but on my TV!)
Red light of death...
GuzmanDate: Thursday, 19/August/2010, 11:40:44 PM | Message # 16
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
I Was Looking @ HDTVs A While Back, In An Attempt To Familiarize Myself w/ Them, But Yeah, Essentially Ran Into The Same Issues As You Are Having Kuzu. Then I Quit Looking Cause I Never Intended To Get One Anyway. & The Fact That Older Games Seem To Look Like Total Crap On Them, They Just Don't Seem Worth In The End. IDK. Im Happy w/ SD & Component ATM.

How Was Your Old TV? Would Be Lame I Guess, But Could Just Get Another One Of Those I Suppose. (Stupid Suggestion, I Know.)

I Wonder Though If The "Perks" That Are Enabled On HDTVs Can Be Disabled Through The TV's Service Mode? IDK, But Sounds Reasonable. You/I May Look Into That.

& Red, Liked The Links. Very Informative Stuff There... Do CRT HDTVs Suffer From The Same Problems? Gotta Go Check...

Message edited by Guzman - Thursday, 19/August/2010, 11:41:26 PM

KuzuDate: Sunday, 22/August/2010, 10:42:07 AM | Message # 17
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
i distinctly remember someone saying CRT HDTVs also suffer from input lag to some degree, but not nearly as much as the high end LEDs since they do so much image processing to get that *good* pic quality.

i am borrowing M.I.L.s CRT right now, 20-something '. i can only get 480i on it. feels like playing the sega genesis! lol. but i actually whomped some fools for a few hours on RDR. just missed another flawless: went 16-1. only death was cuz i fell off roof! ha.

will be getting the sony KDL-46LX900. its not as good a pic as the HX900, but that model isnt even available, it seems. im am not waiting a month or more for a TV. need. TV. now. its not like this is crap either. its still a very nice TV.

am fairly confident that the VGA port will handle 720p, which is the max my Hauppage can handle anyways. so when recording or playing competitively, ill play using VGA port at 720p. and if any games come out that i need 1080p, or i want to watch a proper DVD/BRay ill just switch to HDMI and cope with the lag...

just praying that it all works out fine.

(oh, on another note, my PC is probably 5yrs old. on my last TV, had PC-TV connected via standard VGA cable, so i could watch downloaded movies on my TV. i think i got about 480p or 720p, definitely not full HD quality. BUT i just saw my PC has a HDMI port next to the VGA port. cant test if it works, but i went and bought a cheap 12ft HDMI cable from hong kong. hoping to get some HD quality TV footage from my PC.. does that sound very plausible? am i gonna destroy my TV? any thoughts on that one?)

EDIT: thx to all this fucking modding/upgrading im doing, a good portion of that was just getting the next thing on the list. by chance, i got one of the lower end video cards for my PC (to enable the hauppauge pvr to work properly). im glad i didnt get the lowest model. this model was about 40$, and it came with a HDMI port on it!! that is fucking sweeeet as! i can (hopefully soon) watch full 1080p illegal downloaded content from my PC to my brand new HDTV!

+1 for fly by the seat of my pants Kuzu!

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 24/August/2010, 8:01:25 PM | Message # 18
The Clan Elder
im more posting just cuz im bored, so feel free to ignore.

my TV arrived yesterday. its pretty schweet, but then i havent tweaked it properly or seen a BRay on it yet.
however, i did notice some input lag on standard settings while playing RDR (non-MP). it was definitely there. not a huge hindrance, but something a hardcore gamer can notice. it was a split second delay, which was rather annoying.

switched to game mode (can even customize it, yay) and it helped, probably reducing lag in 1/2. but there is still a teeny weeny delay. i can probably live with it (and would probably adjust in a few weeks) but id rather try to input the vid through the VGA port and see if it eliminates that lag. that would be ideal.

redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 24/August/2010, 8:14:10 PM | Message # 19
Our Sexy Leader
Word. Let us know how it goes.

duxy87Date: Tuesday, 24/August/2010, 10:11:36 PM | Message # 20
Major general
Good work wit the TV kuz

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 01/September/2010, 0:08:29 AM | Message # 21
The Clan Elder
since im playing RDR (which wont be released in japan until late october), im playing against the whole world. and i mean WHOLE. i would say at least 50%+, im playing against Germans, French, and Spanish speaking countries. how do i know this? because each player can brandish a title (ala MW2) which is written in the players native language.

(i had a point i wanted to say...?)

oh yeah. so i know that im lagging no matter what. so the tiny amount of input lag from my tv is not noticeable at this moment. im adapting.

i got a cheap VGA-component cable from HK, but the tv/ps3 wouldnt read it as an acceptable input. it said "there is no PC input detected" or something like that.

so, plugged in my old cables to D5 terminal. got 720p working, got my digi optical cables working. but now i cant record with the PVR (no image on my preview screen). that shit happened to me before, and it took a week to figure out.

so.. thats the next step to fix (AGAIN). and im having better games so i want to start recording soon.

duxy87Date: Wednesday, 01/September/2010, 9:58:09 AM | Message # 22
Major general
Good to hear you're trying to sort your shit out kuz. If I get the chance to log on i'll join u in on some games (on my 'puppies' account obviously). In any case, I hope you get to record RDR footage cause you own that shit, and you need to show the evidence to the rest of us.

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 01/September/2010, 8:30:40 PM | Message # 23
The Clan Elder
got the PVR working! (now just have to pray it works the next time too...)
even got the TV to display my PC at 1080! (at first i couldnt get sound through TV but now i got that fixed too!)

im on fire!

though i had "TV time" last night from 8:30-11, i could only play about 3 games while baby-sitting. boy wouldnt go to sleep.

note: if i play on casual, theres 100% chance ppl will complain about the noob-mode. though i see ppl playing the higher lvl modes who just use dead-eye... which in like having [thermal vision + multiple shots + longer range + rapid fire]. which is more cheap? meh

redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 01/September/2010, 10:26:09 PM | Message # 24
Our Sexy Leader
Just put up some vids, nub!

Forum » Mess Hall » General Discussion » Red light of death... (not on my PS3, but on my TV!)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024