Friday, 03/May/2024, 5:28:36 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Resistance 3 - Page 6 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Resistance » Resistance 3 (Hope It's Good?)
Resistance 3
KuzuDate: Tuesday, 08/March/2011, 7:07:42 PM | Message # 76
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
dux: sry not trying to compare R3. like u said, its its own genre.

the point i was making is that unless i (or u guys) can point out alot of qualities that make R3 better than other FPS games, i probably wont play it. so ill butt out of this thread.

redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 08/March/2011, 8:11:57 PM | Message # 77
Our Sexy Leader
dux: I could kiss you sometimes! (^3^)-chu! LOL.

Kuz: Gyeah, I can see all of your points, but IG have only just given us the MP Reveal. You are playing a fully built active game. At this point, comparison seems a bit premature, don't you think? Give the game a chance, try the beta & then judge. It's the same thing I'm going to do. Naturally, as more is revealed about the MP, the better we'll be able to hypothesize. (^_-)b

Anyone seen or heard that the Invisibilty is a Chimeran ability only & that the Assault Shield is a Human one? I'm still not pumped about the whole shield thing, but I think it's cool that they are going back to some race specific abilities. Let's see what they do with this!

banion7Date: Tuesday, 08/March/2011, 10:37:55 PM | Message # 78
Colonel
Group: Moderators
Hmm. Well at least it's something to talk about lol. (R3)

As I don't have any sentimental attachments to the Resistance series, (played a borrowed Rfom disk for all of a few hours maybe, R2 for a bit but just long enough to know that I could never get into it -never did get a grasp of those wierd guns)
from my standpoint I can't say I'm excited at all about a new Resistance - but what I can say is Ill be very, very happy if it is a game that I discover I like.

Keeping an open mind - Im not a COD fanboy, I don't think a game is good cause it's COD, it's just the only game I enjoy right now. Well not even COD, MW2 actually, of all games to like...

I wish they'd make a new Warhawk, but with FPS on the ground...

AlucardDate: Wednesday, 09/March/2011, 7:44:08 PM | Message # 79
Colonel
Quote (nivasan6)
Alu, that's not what I was asking. But, since you are comparing the graphics to Resistance 3 and Killzone, or is Fall of Man and Killzone? Not sure, but either way you are the first person that I have heard say that Resistance 3 or Fall of Man has better graphics than Killzone 2, 3. A more closer comparison would be between the Uncharted franchise and Killzone, but even then I still never heard anyone say that either Uncharted games have better graphics than Killzone. With all complaints aside from Killzone, all I hear from people is how good the game looks, and even say that it is the best looking game on consoles. With you comparing Resistance graphics to Killzone would be similar to me saying that MAG has better graphics than Crysis, lol.

I honestly never thought the graphics were all that special when they only had video footage of the game a while back ago and til now. It's hard for me to explain why even I can't pinpoint exactly why it doesn't appeal to me and I do like dark colours. My safest bet would be that it's the outer space theme but I'm still not sure lol I'm also not trying to sway you away from your opinion that Killzone graphics are great(I still don't know wut you saw in the first one). All I'm saying is that in my eyes R3 looks better. Refined RFoM graphics, yay!

I don't know if I have ever mentioned this to you but in my mind the perfect FPS to me would be R:FoM with updated graphics and without all the nub shit like post patch arc charger, wide range hedgehog nades, 40 millimeter grenades, laark and bullseye tags. thats just me though happy

wuts crysis?

Quote (banion7)
I wish they'd make a new Warhawk, but with FPS on the ground...

i am all for that!!!! i was decent in the air and vehicles but i was never any good on the ground lol

Message edited by Alucard - Wednesday, 09/March/2011, 7:46:02 PM

redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 09/March/2011, 7:58:41 PM | Message # 80
Our Sexy Leader
Quote (Alucard)
wide range hedgehog nades

You are talking about R2's hedgehogs, right? The RFoM ones were perfect, IMO.

Quote (Alucard)
i was decent in the air and vehicles but i was never any good on the ground lol

Opposite here! (^_-)b I was lucky enough to be taught by what some people might consider to be some of the 'best' ground players on Warhawk at the time.

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 09/March/2011, 8:03:25 PM | Message # 81
Major general
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011....-action

Some newish footage.

Killzone has a gritty look to it, so maybe that's why you and many others in the clan don't think it looks that great. Resistance also has "space" elements in it too. I'm going to say this again, but you and dux are the only people that I have ever heard say that Killzone's graphics aren't that great. I'm not trying to start anything, so I guess we can do as dux stated: we can agree to disagree.

Alu, you seriously never heard of Crysis?
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-crysis/28457

The game was also released in 2007, yes, it is on PC, so the comparison I did is definitely not fair; but I found it to be relatively funny, lol.

I'm all for a new Warhawk, or the so-called "Starhawk". Except I don't want the ground to be fps, Warhawk is perfect as a 3rd person shooter. Making it a fps will actually ruin the series. The very first Warhawk was a "fps" flying action game, but now it would just kill the experience. Do we really need more fps games? lol.

Message edited by nivasan6 - Wednesday, 09/March/2011, 10:14:08 PM

AlucardDate: Thursday, 10/March/2011, 8:14:07 PM | Message # 82
Colonel
Quote (redhamuSLA)
You are talking about R2's hedgehogs, right? The RFoM ones were perfect, IMO.

maybe. i could be misremembering but they did annoy the fuck out of me lol

the ground combat in warhawk didnt like me. people kept jumping up and down and i couldnt aim for shit. spamming nades and mines helped LOL

niva, that game looks bad. kinda pointy dont you think? lol

Message edited by Alucard - Friday, 11/March/2011, 7:48:31 PM

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 10/March/2011, 8:23:42 PM | Message # 83
Our Sexy Leader
Hmm...Now that you mention it, they DID modify the hedgehog at one point, didn't they? I had forgotten. They increased the explosive radius or something. I suppose it could have been a bit annoying, but nothing compared to the R2 version. That thing made me want to destroy something! (-"-; )p

nivasan6Date: Friday, 11/March/2011, 2:41:04 PM | Message # 84
Major general
Alu, are you saying in general the game does not look good, or are you saying the graphics look bad? If it's the graphics part, then you are the first person I heard say that Crysis looks bad, lol. But, if it was the graphics I can see why you would say that, the video I posted wasn't that great. There are videos out there that show how beautiful Crysis really is. If you're interested you can download the demo at fileplanet.com. See if your PC/laptop can run that beast on high or max. I managed high with 30fps, and with Warhead I managed high with 60fps+. Or, I can post picture if you want from my laptop, but they probably won't do the game any justice either. Really the best option is to actually see the game in person. Unless Kuzu gets Crysis with his beefed up PC, then he'll probably tell you how good Crysis looks.

AlucardDate: Friday, 11/March/2011, 8:27:58 PM | Message # 85
Colonel
red, yeh i believe it happened when they patched the arc charger or a little prior to that. wut made me rage in r2 was seeing "+98" (>_<)

niva, i think ill pass. im not a pc gamer unless its warcraft 2 or age of empires.

duxy87Date: Monday, 04/April/2011, 12:15:53 PM | Message # 86
Major general
Time for a new video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7PHXyLp7aI

EDIT:

What are your thoughts after watching this gameplay demo?

Message edited by duxy87 - Monday, 04/April/2011, 12:23:48 PM

nivasan6Date: Monday, 04/April/2011, 1:17:49 PM | Message # 87
Major general
It looks really good, but I'm not feeling the whole hit markers in the campaign. Why did they have to implement hit markers for the campaign? I hope they just have them as it's still an early build of the game. I also read that it will support Move, so I'm keen on how it's all going to work with the Move. If it works as well as Killzone 3, then it will be a blast going through the campaign again using the Move.

I'm still open on whether or not I'm getting this. If The Last Guardian comes out this year, then I probably won't buy Uncharted 3 or Resistance 3 until December or next year. If it doesn't come out this year then Resistance 3 and Uncharted 3 are must buys for me; unless I get the NGP(new PSP), lol.

duxy87Date: Monday, 04/April/2011, 10:26:58 PM | Message # 88
Major general
I liked the whole resistance feel to it all, despite being pretty standard gameplay. So many criticism saying that it will never last in the market with other premium shooters out there.. I'm not one to pre-judge as it's only a snippet of the full game, so I'm just gona say I'm hoping the actual game is 'top tier' quality.. please?

KuzuDate: Monday, 04/April/2011, 11:40:57 PM | Message # 89
The Clan Elder
i think the graphics look good. its not a military-style FPS, so for the genre, i think everything looks pretty good. bullseye is a bit slower. the auger has been redesigned but looks decent. not liking the marksman iron sights though; liked the old one in R2. why was there no Carbine? lol after getting Crysis 2 with only 6v6, i may give R3 the benefit of the doubt when it comes to game size. if the spawn system is good, this may not be such a negative factor. still, disappointed in the direction they went with that. i agree; it felt like a resistance taste, and even a bit of Killzone in there for me, since it was pretty dark and cartoony-styled characters (human and chimera). i dont think thats necessarily bad but it is different. but i never judge anything off of SP. want to see some MP.

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 05/April/2011, 7:57:00 AM | Message # 90
Major general
I'm all for the campaign, as the story is well told in all the Resistance games especially the first.

Kuzu, I think there was a Carbine, it was the first gun showed at the beginning of the video. Unless I recalled wrong, then it must've been a Bullseye, lol. Actually I'm quite certain the first gun showed is a Carbine. I agree with you to an extent on the resemblance to Killzone. Which I'm glad they're using because it was ridiculously bright and colorful in Resistance 2. While playing the campaign, I kept thinking to myself, this isn't so bad. The world, or the U.S looks bright and happy, lol. I don't think that Killzone featured cartoony characters. When I think of cartoony characters, games that are made using the Unreal Engine come to mind. As the men in that game are on some massive steroids, lol.

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Resistance » Resistance 3 (Hope It's Good?)
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024