Monday, 06/May/2024, 5:36:54 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Resistance 3 - Page 7 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Resistance » Resistance 3 (Hope It's Good?)
Resistance 3
duxy87Date: Tuesday, 05/April/2011, 11:17:08 AM | Message # 91
Major general
Group: Moderators
Well IG did made 'rachet and clank' so theres you're cartoon aspect right there.. I don't mind that. I mean, sure it's awesome to look at realistic graphics on a modern warfare/battlefield type game, but Resistance brings variation in it's gameplay. Surely mechanics and realistic factors might not be state of the art, but that's the beauty of it all... Did anyone find it funny the first time you got hit by explosives and body blowing into smithereens in R2? And watching enemies running around on fire from the dragon in FOM. This sorta stuff plus jump pads, novelty weapons, ribbons popping up, 'headshot' noise from the fayre, ability to strave plus shoot accurate, and a lot more other elements from the same degree. These 'comical' factors are things I miss from Resistance.

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 05/April/2011, 1:51:12 PM | Message # 92
Major general
lol, I remember. The bodies exploding was so hilarious and glorified. I loved the Chicago level, and watching the enemies explode with the Splicer. You're right Resistance is all about being "comical", but they also have a serious tone in there too. Most people are aware of the "serious" tone rather than the "comical" aspect of the games.

nivasan6Date: Monday, 11/April/2011, 12:59:59 PM | Message # 93
Major general
I've got some bad news for those of you anticipating a public beta or multiplayer demo.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news....us.html

Now, they still may have a public beta, but as it stands now I'm not seeing it happening.

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 13/April/2011, 10:13:22 PM | Message # 94
Major general
A new video showcasing some single player goodness:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011....ylvania

duxy87Date: Thursday, 12/May/2011, 10:18:28 AM | Message # 95
Major general
Cheers for those links niv..

I hear that if you buy the blu-ray dvd format of 'Battle: Los Angeles', it will come with an exclusive beta of Resistance 3. Not sure when it's coming out but thought some might be interested as it will give first hands multiplayer experience (if only PSN gets up in time).

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 12/May/2011, 2:54:28 PM | Message # 96
Major general
duxy, sorry to disappoint you, but the Blu-ray edition of Battle Los Angeles comes with a 30 minute demo of Resistance 3 not the beta. They did the same thing with District 9, in that you get first access to the God of War 3 demo. This is the same for Resistance you only get access to a demo that is on the disc. I wouldn't waste money on that joke of a movie though, even if a demo of Resistance 3 is included on the disc the movie itself is not the purchase.

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 19/May/2011, 2:12:57 PM | Message # 97
Major general
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011....-report

Apparently as a killstreak bonus the humans can get a high powered grenade launcher, just great. I'm still getting this game, but I highly doubt I will spend much time with the multiplayer. Those killstreak bonuses are going to ruin the game for me.

AngDate: Tuesday, 24/May/2011, 3:24:54 AM | Message # 98
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
What is Insomniac doing!? Well, still too early to tell, still getting it. Can't say anything until we play it.

I am curious if your life regenerates or not online, considering you get health packs in the campaign. I am sure it does, like every other online FPS, but I am still curious.

GuzmanDate: Thursday, 26/May/2011, 2:48:20 AM | Message # 99
Lieutenant general
Quote (nivasan6)
Apparently as a killstreak bonus the humans can get a high powered grenade launcher, just great. I'm still getting this game, but I highly doubt I will spend much time with the multiplayer. Those killstreak bonuses are going to ruin the game for me.

IDK what to think of it at this point, but if its a killstreak, rather than a pickup that spawn every 30 seconds, I might prefer it. I can remember, but in R2 it wasn't actually killstreaks was it? You just needed a total of 11 kills or w/e for LAARK, correct?

Message edited by Guzman - Thursday, 26/May/2011, 2:49:30 AM

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 26/May/2011, 10:21:20 AM | Message # 100
Major general
With all the perks in Resistance 2, all you have to do for them to be available for use is acquire points.

Either way regardless of perks or killstreaks it is unnecessary for either one. They wanted a more intimate experience with online yet they are offering these dumb incentives, makes no sense to me. An intimate online experience would be something that is skill based and not "dependent" on killstreaks or perks.

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 02/June/2011, 12:32:45 PM | Message # 101
Major general
Some more information

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1171982p1.html

AlucardDate: Saturday, 11/June/2011, 12:37:51 PM | Message # 102
Colonel
im able to redeem the r3 online mp beta in july. ill download it on a random account i have so whoever wants it can get it ^_-

GuzmanDate: Saturday, 11/June/2011, 7:40:24 PM | Message # 103
Lieutenant general
Quote (Alucard)
im able to redeem the r3 online mp beta in july. ill download it on a random account i have so whoever wants it can get it ^_-

Nice, thanks bro. I'll try not to abuse my time w/ it when it comes around. *^_^*

Message edited by Guzman - Saturday, 11/June/2011, 7:40:31 PM

AlucardDate: Sunday, 12/June/2011, 12:42:03 PM | Message # 104
Colonel
Quote (Guzman)

Nice, thanks bro. I'll try not to abuse my time w/ it when it comes around. *^_^*

lets hope its good! lol

nivasan6Date: Sunday, 12/June/2011, 2:11:53 PM | Message # 105
Major general
If anyone else wants, I'm probably going to end up with two codes. The same with Uncharted 3, but all of us should have access to it when it first becomes live because we should all be Plus members for a month.

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Resistance » Resistance 3 (Hope It's Good?)
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024