Thursday, 25/April/2024, 4:44:42 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Black Ops: [WEAPONS-NADES-EQUIP] - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » Black Ops: [WEAPONS-NADES-EQUIP]
Black Ops: [WEAPONS-NADES-EQUIP]
KuzuDate: Wednesday, 13/October/2010, 2:50:09 AM | Message # 1
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
http://www.cod7blackops.com/
this site is very user friendly, with pictures and a good layout. (thx to dux)
--------------------------------------------------------

i will start out by talking about the equipment slot.

notice u can choose a tactical nade, lethal nade, AND equipment...
this is extreeeemely cool, since all this neat stuff is available:
Camera Spike · C4 · Tactical Insertion · Jammer · Motion Sensor · Claymore

i think they did a great job with this, because not only do u get lethal nades, u can then use this slot to go even more aggressive (c4, claymores) or use it defensively/strategically (camera, TI, jammer, sensor). i mean wow. thats alot of different stuff.

camera: straight ahead infrared view, but replaces mini-map. can toggle on/off
C4: x2 can be triggered with click, or by double tapping
TI: can be canceled at killcam to avoid a spawn death. also, no TI in FFA to stop boosting
jammer: same as scrambler, but must be placed on the ground. (so u really dont know if an enemy is there or not)
sensor: similar to HBS.
claymore: occupies "up" button. so first switch to it, then hit fire button to set, which is one more step than mw2.

the equip slot is, to me, a very well balanced 4th perk with some very effective tools (more so than 1/3rd of the perks available...) while they skimped on the perks, they get props with this section. i am very happy with the additional of all these varied and USEFUL gadgets!! fun times to come, boys.
-------

and now that all these fucking dope gadgets are available (every class gets to use them), this definitely makes me wanna use HACKER. not only will u detect all these things (thus possibly saving ur ass), there (PLEASE PLEASE) may be a chance to hack those fuckers and turn them friendly!! that makes for a very dynamic type of game.... very excited about Hacker now, as with all these toys.

AlucardDate: Wednesday, 13/October/2010, 3:48:15 AM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Moderators
now thats interesting. claymore ftw lol

duxy87Date: Tuesday, 19/October/2010, 1:57:32 PM | Message # 3
Major general
I'm liking the decoy grenade.. Creates a red blimp on the enemies radar where it explodes. Throw it to the right of an enemy and then attack from the left. Then you say "I'm smart and you're dumb" smile

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 19/October/2010, 11:33:40 PM | Message # 4
The Clan Elder
im liking ur way of thinking, duxerator. yah i think thats a great nade too.
or, use ur tactic, plus use a silencer... and they are completely clueless!
i love the variation and dynamics of these nades/equipment. lots of different strategies to think about or counter.

i wonder what nova gas does? its said to have some damage effect (but then again, the Stun grenade had some dmg effect too.. yet it was only for killing someone who was 90% dead already).

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 20/October/2010, 5:04:34 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant general
Quote (Kuzu)
i wonder what nova gas does? its said to have some damage effect (but then again, the Stun grenade had some dmg effect too.. yet it was only for killing someone who was 90% dead already).

I'd think it's just an AoE effect w/ damage over time.

KuzuDate: Sunday, 31/October/2010, 10:11:45 PM | Message # 6
The Clan Elder
again, thx dux for the new site (listed at top).

according to stats, i will most likely use the FAMAS (new TAR!). yay for me.
and, the RPK will be the new RPD. beastly LMG.

some of the SMGs just look like complete shit, statistically. there are a few that seem just about equal though:
MP5K, MPL, Spectre, Kiparis. PM63 has highest stats (same as other 4, plus bonus +1 accuracy), but probably lower clip size from the looks of it.

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 01/November/2010, 7:25:05 AM | Message # 7
Our Sexy Leader
Let's hope the in-game gun stats are nothing like the MW2 ones, in that they are trustworthy & informative. (>_<)

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 02/November/2010, 2:27:11 AM | Message # 8
Lieutenant general
Quote (redhamuSLA)
Let's hope the in-game gun stats are nothing like the MW2 ones, in that they are trustworthy & informative. (>_<)

LOL.

Message edited by Guzman - Tuesday, 02/November/2010, 2:31:05 AM

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 02/November/2010, 3:14:14 AM | Message # 9
The Clan Elder
had to do a covert ops mission, but I managed to get the stats for the guns.

EDIT: SEE NEXT POST FOR COMPLETE, ACCURATE STATS TAKEN FROM RAW DATA

smgs attachments: extended mags, red dot, reflex sight, grip (+1 acc), dual wield (-2 acc), supressor (-1 range), rapid fire (+2 fire rate)
AR attachments: ext mags, acog (+1 range), red dot, reflex, grip (+1 acc), masterkey, flamethrower, infrared (+2 range), launcher

25 face paints. my favorite (non traditional camo): apache, animal, smoke (looks like panda!), black widow, death, reaper(chavez!), jester(why so serious?), demon (maori-ish), spider (cool)

each playable team (ex: vietcong, SOG, Spetznaz, etc) has their own unique ghillie suit

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 09/November/2010, 0:14:18 AM | Message # 10
The Clan Elder
http://denkirson.xanga.com/735016527/black-ops/ <<==== BOOKMARK THIS SITE FOR ACCURATE WEAPON STATS !!!!

this guy is a freekin beast. i wont go into the mechanics of it cuz im too dumb. but this guy has put up the most accurate and easy to understand STATS pages for all the COD guns since forever. apparently he uses raw data from the PC files which give out actual, accurate, in-game data. these are not guesses. just pure numbers straight from the source.

edit: stats are up and running!

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 09/November/2010, 2:59:14 AM | Message # 11
The Clan Elder
slightly unrelated, though im putting these here since this thread has less posts and hopefully it will be easier for u to see.

UNLOCKS

4 Create a Class
5 Contracts
6 Clan Tag
8 Game Mode Challenges
10 Killstreaks, Killstreak Challenges, Playercard Emblems
13 Combat Record
15 Medal Challenges
16 Gun Emblems
19 Gun Tag
20 Elite Challenges
22 Camo
25 Custom Reticules
28 Custom Lenses
30 Final Challenges
31 Facepaint
50 Prestige Mode
Prestige 1 Prestige Leaderboard, Custom Class 6
Prestige 3 Custom Class 7
Prestige 5 Custom Class 8
Prestige 7 Custom Class 9
Prestige 9 Custom Class 10
Prestige 11 Face Tattoos
Prestige 13 Clan Tag Colors
Prestige 14 Golden Camo
Prestige 15 Prestige Playlists

KuzuDate: Friday, 12/November/2010, 3:23:19 AM | Message # 12
The Clan Elder
Quoted from the master of stat extraction, Mr. DEN himself:

The Frag takes 0.6 seconds to pull the pin and have the grenade ready to throw/start the fuse.
The fuse is 3.5 seconds. 15 direct impact damage.
200 - 75 damage and 6.5 meter range (about 5m is lethal).

Semtex also takes 0.6 seconds to prepare.
Two second fuse. 15 direct damage on stick.
200 - 55 damage and a 6.5 meter radius (about 4.4m is lethal).

The two are near equal in killing power (compared to MW2 where the Semtex was superior to the Frag).
The Frag has the penalty of a long fuse and throwback threat, though it's radius advantage and the ability be thrown indirectly and roll around is a good plus.
The Semtex is fast and made for direct conflict, not much else to it.

-
The Stun and Flash grenades are basically unchanged since COD4.

The Stun takes 0.2 seconds to prepare and will detonate on contacting the ground after one second.
Its stun effect reaches out to 512 inches (12.8m) and starts losing its stun potency immediately from the center of the blast.

The Flash takes 0.6 seconds to prepare and will detonate after one second wherever.
It's flash effect reaches out to 800 (20m) inches but starts losing its effect after 200 inches (5m).

Between those two, the Flash is best for hitting a large space or anticipating your approach. Stun is made for a more reactionary use, weakening the opponent after you've already made contact and know where the enemy is.

Nova Gas takes 0.6 seconds to prepare to throw and will detonate on the ground after a second.
The dangerous gas effect reaches out to about 185 inches and will cause 13 damage per second for eight seconds. (meaning you'd have to be in the gas for the whole time to be killed by it at full health).
In Touch Football, the player will only suffer 5 damage per second by the gas. (** touch football...?? WTF?)

Flash is great for preperation or offense, blinding those watching a doorway or making an airburst to agitate the senses.

Stun is great for offense or counterattack, slowing those who are in pursuit or gaining an advantage against a group by slowing them down.

Nova Gas is great for defense and deterrment, making a stalemate at a chokepoint or even flushing out campers in vantage points.

-
While I'm at it, the Decoy Grenade.
Upon deployment, the Decoy grenade will choose and mimic the noise of one of a handful of weapons.
AK, AUG, M4, Enfield, Uzi, Kiparis, RPK, Stoner63 as Automatics.
1911, FAL, Python, CZ 75, M14 as Semi-Autos.

The Decoy will last for a total of 30 seconds.
Depending on the weapon chosen, it will fire at that weapon's rate of fire (with a bit of random spacing to mimic someone shooting in bursts) and will be delayed by its reload time. Automatics will fire thirty rounds, semiautos only 5 rounds.
------------------------------------------
Quoted from the master of stat extraction, Mr. DEN himself:

Talking of the new Supply drop, here are the new chances to drop.
Treyarch is even nice enough to give their own explanation.

Code:
// percentage of drop explanation:
//add all of the numbers up: 15 + 2 + 3 + etc. = 80 for example
//now if you want to know the percentage of the minigun_mp drop, you'd do (minigun_mp number / total) or 2/80 = 2.5% chance of dropping
// right now this is at a perfect 100, so the percentages are easy to understand

"ammo", 20
"radar_mp", 15
"counteruav_mp", 15
"rcbomb_mp", 9
"m220_tow_mp", 5 (valkyrie rockets?)
"mortar_mp", 5
"autoturret_mp", 5 (sentry)
"auto_tow_mp", 5 (SAM)
"airstrike_mp", 3 (rolling thunder?)
"m202_flash_mp", 3 (grim reaper?)
"napalm_mp", 3
"radardirection_mp", 3 (blackbird)
"helicopter_comlink_mp", 3 (attack chopper)
"minigun_mp", 2 (deathmachine)
"helicopter_gunner_mp", 2
"dogs_mp", 1
"helicopter_player_firstperson_mp", 1

Not only that, but using Hardline Pro's "Gamble" changes the odds in favor of middle ground streaks a bit more, making it extra useful as a Perk. Also, it will never just give you the same thing again when you change it.

"ammo", 9
"radar_mp", 9
"counteruav_mp", 9
"rcbomb_mp", 9
"m220_tow_mp", 9 (valkyrie rockets?)
"mortar_mp", 9
"autoturret_mp", 9 (sentry)
"auto_tow_mp", 9 (SAM)
"airstrike_mp", 4 (rolling thunder?)
"m202_flash_mp", 4 (grim reaper?)
"napalm_mp", 4
"radardirection_mp", 4 (blackbird)
"helicopter_comlink_mp", 4 (attack chopper)
"minigun_mp", 3 (deathmachine)
"helicopter_gunner_mp", 3
"dogs_mp", 1
"helicopter_player_firstperson_mp", 1

So hey, Hardline Pro is pretty sweet.

KuzuDate: Monday, 15/November/2010, 3:22:16 AM | Message # 13
The Clan Elder
more from DEN:

Depending on the weapon you're carrying, your character will have his running speed changed.
Like Call of Duty 1 and 2, it is no longer based on your primary; what is in your hand determines your speed.
Meaning if you switch to a pistol, you will run faster than whatever assault rifle or LMG you've got.

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 15/November/2010, 7:52:00 AM | Message # 14
Our Sexy Leader
Gyeah, that's one of the lobby hints, iirc.

Anyone know of there are any stat differences between the RDS & the Reflex Site?

GuzmanDate: Monday, 15/November/2010, 9:18:04 PM | Message # 15
Lieutenant general
Quote (redhamuSLA)
yeah, that's one of the lobby hints, iirc.

Anyone know of there are any stat differences between the RDS & the Reflex Site?

One of the other hints is "footsteps will often give an enemy's position away."

Uhhh... No it doesn't?
^_-
I'm sure they're on that though, so no worries.

Quote (redhamuSLA)

No... Do they even look different cosmetically?

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » Black Ops: [WEAPONS-NADES-EQUIP]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024