Thursday, 18/April/2024, 9:58:42 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Black Ops: [Q & A] - Page 2 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » Black Ops: [Q & A] (add questions, and lets confirm through gameplay)
Black Ops: [Q & A]
redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 13/November/2010, 10:25:25 PM | Message # 16
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
Q: What's up with the seemingly random frame rate drops? You guys have noticed it too, right? It seems like the game just suddenly lags, mid-game.

A: Got this from OGOB.

"See I knew there was a problem. Time to clean up my PSN list.

This is regarding the random frame rate drops. This is a user post, not a Treyarch employee.
Hey all, Good news!

I have done a variety of tests on my console and have spent a few hours to get to the route of the FPS-Drops.

It turns out (And trust me, I have sufficient evidence to back this up if Treyarch need it) that the FPS-Drops are NOT in fact caused by the Game engine, Resolution or PlayStation Brand (I.e. Slim/Fat).

The root of the problem actually lies with-in the new embedded friends system in-game. It seems (From what I can see) that every friend you have is being verified very frequently to check their; online status, in a game status and Level. This constant request for information is slowing down the game play as it is needing multiple threads (Depending on how it's coded) running at once to do this, each thread taking up more and more system resources and resulting in fluctuating FPS.

This explains why some people are experiencing it, some aren't and some are only getting low level symptoms. The more friends you have, the more FPS drops you are going to receive. This brings me to the conclusion that all of the rumors going around that "Treyarch can not patch this" are in fact false, as I believe updating the friends system to maybe put a larger interval between checks would counter the problem quite well.

The reason this did not get picked up in beta testing (closed beta) is because the developers systems would not have their friends systems maxed out, Thus they wouldn't have even noticed anything like what we're experiencing. I still believe the whole thing is still due to a bad port to the PS3, it seems to me that they have not checked the ported player/friends system properly and thus this has happened. But still, if this is the case (which I strongly believe it is and have lot's of evidence to support this) then it should be very easy for Treyarch to patch, so don't worry .
If you have any questions please feel free to email me, and hopefully Treyarch read this and sort it out .

Thanks for your time.

Kieron Morris
Kizbits2000@hotmail.co.uk

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=317210 "

After that, this was posted:

Early indicators seem to indicate that their is a bug with the PS3 Friends list. Although the original posters technical details are not 100% accurate, his diagnosis/remedy is reasonably accurate.

This has been fixed and we will get into an update ASAP.

I want to lock this thread so that people know  that I endorse this work-around, but I am not going too.  (I say I and not we because this is a developing situation and it's too early to speak on behalf of Treyarch on it) but I am not going to lock it yet, because I want to see if this fixes a good majority of the frame rate hit some of you have been experiencing.

Please let any reply after this one stay on topic and report if this is getting better as a result of this work around.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar

PS:
To the OP, the 2 smartest programmers in the building wanted me to give you a *cookie* and say thanks. It's awesome to see the community helping each other, and do so without a bunch of emotional baggage behind it. Those types of posts will always get our full attention while the ones filled with a bunch of rage will continue to get ignored. We owe you one."

So, yeah!...

KuzuDate: Sunday, 14/November/2010, 1:26:11 AM | Message # 17
The Clan Elder
good detective work redder!

i think i got frozen + disconnected 2 times, if not 3 in my first night of playing. not a great start.

i also noticed other errors, somewhat different to the problems listed above.
(these errors/bugs also occurred with MW2, and possibly MW1, i forget.)

for example: in between games is the time i check stats, tweak my loadout, and check PSN mails. if i check these things right before a game is starting, i often get frozen on that screen, cant move for a minute or two, and this really bugs me.

but again, seeing as how 3arc is doing a good job at responding, i think it will be fixed soonish. i am pretty confident in them, that they will do the right thing and fix problems.

duxy87Date: Sunday, 14/November/2010, 4:04:51 AM | Message # 18
Major general
Group: Moderators
Yeah i've noticed what red has been talking about, occasionally i'm aiming or walking around i get a 2 second jump. I always thought it was my connection but if that's what they say it is then shouldn't PSN have a chat with Trearch to work out a solution. I have around 90 friends on my psn list. Might have to delete some folks.

I too think they will fix all these problems. Keep in mind, it's been less than a week since Black Ops has been released.

In the meantime i'll still have my rape on. 4 levels off prestiging. You guys will prob catch up as I wont be on as much next week.

and to finish off,

Question:
Anyone know why the prestige leader board is so expensive?? 50000 points to spend surprised

GuzmanDate: Sunday, 14/November/2010, 10:30:31 PM | Message # 19
Lieutenant general
Yeah, PS3 got the short end of the stick again. Luckily I haven't been experiencing too much of this stuff.

Has anyone had the "I can't shoot" thing happen to them? It's rare, but there have been times where (when I'm shooting a guy...) I just stop shooting & i can't do anything. Usually results in my death!

Message edited by Guzman - Sunday, 14/November/2010, 10:32:56 PM

KuzuDate: Sunday, 14/November/2010, 11:44:43 PM | Message # 20
The Clan Elder
Quote (Guzman)
Has anyone had the "I can't shoot" thing happen to them? It's rare, but there have been times where (when I'm shooting a guy...) I just stop shooting & i can't do anything. Usually results in my death!

YES!
i thought it was a problem with my Fragnstein (RF issues) but that has never happened to me before, in any game. weird thing is, i got DCd a few times my first night, but no "cant shoot" instances. last night, didnt get DC but several "cant shoot" instances. (this, after i deleted maybe 10-15 from my friend list).

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 15/November/2010, 8:05:04 AM | Message # 21
Our Sexy Leader
Q: Why do I keep getting spawned behind in team games?

A: This is Zeek's take on it, over at OGOB:

"it does a wave pattern. array is a good example. were A is on domination it will wave spawn you down there in a TDM. Your team spawns around there, you move away and the other team spawns there right behind you seconds after and it will repeat until more then 1 person breaks far enough away from it and moves the wave spawn to a new location.
summit is like that too by A spawn, there are so many times when my team and the enemy team have spawned infront/behind/inside of each other behind that little building by A flag.
if your team is constantly moving around its harder for the system to put you in that spawn wave thing."

And...

*K man here is why you get people spawning beside you.

When you die you spawn in the same general area the rest of your team spawns regardless if its in the middle of a gun fight or by enemies and this is because it uses a wave system where you spawn on a still alive player in the game.

To spawn away from enemy team more then 1 person has to be out of the spawn zone you are currently in to flip the spawns, depending on the size of the map depends how big the zones are along with how many zones there are and the distance needed to flip the spawns to a safer zone. there are 3 main zones on every map in the game, 2 on nuke town. if you find over head views of the maps i would point them out to you.

When you get the 2 team cycle mess this is because your team is in zone A and the other team is in zone A, so it runs a 2 team wave cycle where team A wave spawns and then seconds after team B wave spawns in that area. this goes until the game picks up that more then 1 person is out of spawn zone and into a new area. sometimes it picks it up fast and its flipped instantly and sometimes it picks it up slower then normal and that is why you get killed a second after spawning.

now your case when you say your moving around the map and they are spawning behind you I honestly doubt it unless you straight up walked into their spawn which is sometimes really noticeable and predicable in this game OR you walked into a 2 team wave cycle with out noticing it which happens because sometimes those cycles flip in seconds if there are a lot of people scattered around the map. or maybe you just blame the spawn system when ever you get shot in the back? if its inside of a building or small area its not the spawn you just did not pay attention and got shot in the back by someone chasing you.

you dont always get put in cycles or waves, sometimes you get really good spawns.

the objective game mode spawns are easy enough to figure out on your own especially domination

the spawning in this game is really predictable if you think about it for few seconds and that just because there is only 3 main spots on a map to spawn"

GuzmanDate: Monday, 15/November/2010, 9:26:19 PM | Message # 22
Lieutenant general
Regardless of the reasoning, the spawns are dumb & should be changed.

banion7Date: Tuesday, 16/November/2010, 4:31:41 AM | Message # 23
Colonel
The way I play TDM, I typically try to stay away from my team if I can - like not on the other side of the map, but not right by them either. Unless Im using a meat shield. word. lol

I've noticed, and it is quite noticeable, that it's hard to break away especially when my team is dyiing in bunches as teammates keep spawning right around me as Im moving i.e. spawns seem to happen at any old place. Frustrating as Im trying to get away from the green triangles, and they keep popping up right by me as I move. And I mean sprinting moving long distances to flank, etc.

No kidding, this is what Ive observed as far a spawns go, its the only thing actually. ginjapan said the same thing, and we were playing together and watching each other all day Sunday.

Message edited by banion7 - Tuesday, 16/November/2010, 4:32:39 AM

duxy87Date: Tuesday, 16/November/2010, 4:52:07 AM | Message # 24
Major general
Yeah I know what u mean chu.. It happens to me all the time as I often flank and friendlys spawn beside me. Being stealth and all, i find it frustrating how a random team-mate stuffs up ur strategy. Especially if they are a poor player.

Message edited by duxy87 - Tuesday, 16/November/2010, 4:52:32 AM

redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 16/November/2010, 7:42:29 AM | Message # 25
Our Sexy Leader
I just feel like the alternative blows as well. There will always be people/teams/clans that exploit the spawning system (ie. spawn-camping/raping/trapping) & that's gross, IMO. I watched a TMarTn vid where explains the Highrise spawn trap in great detail. I'm not sure if I'd consider that a skill or not. It's knowledge & executional ability, but a skill? I'm not sure. Should it really be a part of the game?

What do you guys think? I've just always been of the opinion that spawn-trapping is gross & boring, thus my distaste for objective games. *shrug*

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 16/November/2010, 8:55:20 PM | Message # 26
Lieutenant general
Quote (redhamuSLA)
What do you guys think? I've just always been of the opinion that spawn-trapping is gross & boring, thus my distaste for objective games. *shrug*

I think the main difference is spawn trapping to win, as opposed to just prolonging the game to kill-farm. *shrug too*

KuzuDate: Thursday, 18/November/2010, 10:42:21 PM | Message # 27
The Clan Elder
this is slightly off tangent, but ive been kinda getting sick of the *big name* commentators as of late. TBH, i first looked at those type of vids for help with my gameplay, and some of it has really helped. but after enough time, they are not saying anything new. u can tell their ego is inflating, even woody who seems the most "normal", with the thousands and thousands of subs that they get.

i actually think its starting to get pathetic. they are basically bragging about how to get easy kills or giving tips on how to spawntrap. but these are the types of ppl i hate. how difficult is it, when u have a team of 6-8 guys who play non-stop and have good skill, to dominate the other team full of random players?? i mean, come on...

if they were showing gamebattles, which woody started to do a bit of, that would be different. owing a public game with a whole team of top players just isnt that challenging.

oh, and anyways i think spawntrapping is so unique this time around. i dont think its like "hold A & B, spawntrap at C" anymore, as u can tell. i can do spawntrapping, which is actually just me saving my own ass from being swarmed from behind, without any relation to the flags positions. what i mean is that, once i kill someone, i just expect him to show up in that nook behind me even when his flag is on the other side of the map. so i kill him, then another spawns near him, and get a few more. there really doenst seem to be any Safe places except on the really big maps.

GuzmanDate: Friday, 19/November/2010, 6:30:14 AM | Message # 28
Lieutenant general
It's funny that you say that, as I feel the same way. The only 2 that I consistently watch are Wings & Woody. Wings can be an asshole, but I can understand where he's coming from a good amount of the time. He's honest. Woody bothers me more in certain aspects. He seems like a genuinely nice guy, yeah, but I always get the feeling that he has that underlying "I'm successful/better than you/my wife is attractive" shiz going on. & he never gets mad. Seananners too. It just isn't realistic, sorry.

But you were talking about their GP aspect. Yeah, agree too. Run w/ a full party & you should win. Also boasting about aim n' stuff. Honestly they really don't impress me all much, esp w/ camping. I'd hope that you can outgun someone in that scenario, or something's wrong. Sandy Ravage is good, puts up entertaining vids. I like him along w/ ELPRESADOR. He's obnoxious sure, but I tend to agree w/ him constantly & can be pretty funny too. Like in his latest vid here. Agree w/ everything he says.

Another thing is that they seems to simply refuse to play other games than COD. I guess their audience plays COD, But I kind a"lose respect" if you will, for them. If Woody or Wings played Resi for example, I can't see them doing good. Lastly, some of them have made disparaging remarks about PS3. I couldn't care less about the "console war" but if the big commentators can't even avoid taking stabs @ stuff like that, no wonder the 12 YOs fill the internet w/ their worthless comments. Take the higher ground, yo.

Message edited by Guzman - Friday, 19/November/2010, 6:33:28 AM

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 24/November/2010, 10:26:41 PM | Message # 29
The Clan Elder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LijI4IlWc-o
wings 1min summary.

theres no stats to prove this, but eyeballing, it *does seem faster to ADS with reflex sight.
not sure about the zoom. he claims Red dot is 1.5x, and Reflex is 1.0x.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jn9ceWDz_U
part 2.

shows that the reflex has less recoil, but less visibility compared to red dot.
this one looks pretty clear-cut. im going with REFLEX SIGHT on my AR that need accuracy.

banion7Date: Thursday, 25/November/2010, 2:49:30 AM | Message # 30
Colonel
Quote (Kuzu)
But you were talking about their GP aspect. Yeah, agree too. Run w/ a full party & you should win. Also boasting about aim n' stuff. Honestly they really don't impress me all much, esp w/ camping. I'd hope that you can outgun someone in that scenario, or something's wrong. Sandy Ravage is good, puts up entertaining vids. I like him along w/ ELPRESADOR. He's obnoxious sure, but I tend to agree w/ him constantly & can be pretty funny too. Like in his latest vid here. Agree w/ everything he says.

LOOK A DAt SHIT! LOOK A DAt SHIT!!

OMG that was worth a good chuckle. Says so on the youtube page, but "I measured it on my TV set, I equated it!" is like the dopest thing I ve ever heard hahaha.

Thanks Guz, for that - never heard of this guy but now I feel like I wanna watch all his shit.

So hes the guy I heard on that recent MW2 Sandyravage gameplay maybe??

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » Black Ops: [Q & A] (add questions, and lets confirm through gameplay)
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024