Tuesday, 19/March/2024, 3:15:40 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
KuzuDate: Sunday, 10/July/2011, 11:22:34 PM | Message # 1
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
http://kotaku.com/5801353/

some leaked maps (20) and weapons for the game.

http://kotaku.com/5805959/

some info about perks, killsteaks.

(ps. im really undecided about what FPS ill get next, but as everything seems to have flaws i dont want to count any game out just yet)

KuzuDate: Monday, 11/July/2011, 0:54:01 AM | Message # 2
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
what i find kinda funny about the constant COD haters is that they always mention the game has not introduced anything new to the table, that the game is just a clone of its previous versions, and that this is somehow bringing down the series. this is just horseshit. in fact, i think its the opposite for many fans. i for one and more interested to know what they are *keeping* from previous versions, since the ppl who played and enjoyed it dont want stupid changes to ruin their experience. if u liked COD before, u want more of the same thing, not a fully revamped system that throws everything out the window. if i were to get this game, it would be because i know it would be very similar to MW1, MW2, and BO. i know i will get inconsistent servers. but when i *do* have green bar i cant deny i had a hell of a time. i wish it were more team-oriented but then again, lets face it, its very hard to team up with an already tiny clan and coordinate playing times. so i can get online, play solo if need be, and be sure that i will get to kill oodles and oodles of ppl. the game takes a lot less strategy than i would hope for (in comparison to say, BF where u need to work with teammates, use vehicles, and advance to other parts of the massive map) but this 'arcade-style' approach means u will always be in the middle of the action. it may be fake, but its never boring. god damnit i dunno. maybe perks and killstreaks are cheap, but wtf they are fun. im so lost! lolzers.

anyways just wanted to say im not anywhere close to choosing my next game (not that anyone but myself really cares) but i would like to hear what everyone else thinks, what you want to play, and your reasons for it. at this point i am basically considering any of the "3" games: BF3, MW3, R3, UC3. but likely wont buy more than 1... or 2? at first? lol

nivasan6Date: Monday, 11/July/2011, 12:37:10 PM | Message # 3
Major general
Group: Moderators
There are just way too many games coming out later this year, and I wish that there weren't that many games that interest me coming out this year.

But, anyway I will be getting the Team ICO collection, Twisted Metal, Uncharted 3(for the campaign, not the multiplayer smile ), Resistance 3, and maybe Battlefield 3.

I want to get Ace Combat, Battlefield 3, and maybe something else.

I listed a lot of games that I said I will be getting, and I don't know if I can get all of them. But, if I had to choose the Team ICO collection is probably the game I want the most simply because I love those games. Twisted Metal will probably my number two choice because of how fun it looks, and I enjoy car combat as well.

I nearly forgot that the PlayStation Vita comes out this year as well, so I'm really stumped here.

banion7Date: Monday, 11/July/2011, 9:23:37 PM | Message # 4
Colonel
yep waiting for this game. I've pretty much thrown in my lot with mw 2 til it does..

It's gonna be craptastic as ever? I wouldn't have it my other way lol.

The latest fun thing for me is playing a very aggressive style with the intervention and rafficas in tdm.

duxy87Date: Wednesday, 13/July/2011, 9:52:33 AM | Message # 5
Major general
yeah i'm looking into it too.. most likey get it. But like you there are so many other games on the radar that I fancy :\

AngDate: Friday, 15/July/2011, 10:28:07 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
Damn, after playing Uncharted 3 online, I think it is way better than COD. I just LOVED that there were no Ghost camping ADS scrubs and panic knife. Man! I simply loved that game. I went back to Blops and had a huge awakening. Sure I still owned, played four games got Blackbird and Dogs in all four, but it just didn't feel right.

I am not sure about MW3, I will definitely get it for the campaign, I might play online a few games and if I like it, I will keep playing. It has to really add something new to me, unlike what Kuzu said. I wouldn't mind a big change. I am not too happy about the added damage though, any little fag can spray and kill anyone.

What I liked most about U3 is that I had a fighting chance to turn around and out-gun noobs.

GuzmanDate: Saturday, 16/July/2011, 3:42:05 AM | Message # 7
Lieutenant general
Quote (Ang)
Damn, after playing Uncharted 3 online, I think it is way better than COD.

Definitely nice for a change of pace, isn't it? I'm gonna miss playing...

Quote (Ang)
I am not too happy about the added damage though, any little fag can spray and kill anyone.

You talking about UC3 here?

AngDate: Saturday, 16/July/2011, 5:54:10 PM | Message # 8
Lieutenant colonel
Quote (Guzman)
Quote (Ang)
I am not too happy about the added damage though, any little fag can spray and kill anyone.

You talking about UC3 here?

MW3, the damage is increased, so there will be no need for stopping power, it will be as if you already have it.
They are trying to make it fast paced, but it's impossible if you still have campers. People camp in COD games, because they know they can take someone down really quick, like three bullets average. One way that there will be less camping, is to have perks that compete with each other. Have sleight of hand and "ghost" in the same tier.

GuzmanDate: Saturday, 16/July/2011, 9:27:54 PM | Message # 9
Lieutenant general
Quote (Ang)
MW3, the damage is increased, so there will be no need for stopping power, it will be as if you already have it.
They are trying to make it fast paced, but it's impossible if you still have campers. People camp in COD games, because they know they can take someone down really quick, like three bullets average.

Haha, they're so dumb. The easier it is to kill/be killed = people camping it up. That's the reason high health shooters are cool.

Quote (Ang)
One way that there will be less camping, is to have perks that compete with each other. Have sleight of hand and "ghost" in the same tier.

This was one of the biggest issues w/ BO I think. Each tier really had no competitors; one clearly shined above the rest.

AngDate: Tuesday, 26/July/2011, 9:45:52 AM | Message # 10
Lieutenant colonel
We will see Guz, hopefully the perks compete with each other. The killstreaks that were revealed sound awful, so I hope they change some things up.
A crate that drops ammo? YEAH.........very useful.

nivasan6Date: Friday, 02/September/2011, 4:08:43 PM | Message # 11
Major general
I couldn't stop laughing at this:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/119/1192210p1.html

Seriously there are games out there that have these "premium features" for FREE. I would laugh even harder if the DLC is released later than usual. So, people may even have to renew their subscription to get the DLC for free. If they are using Xbox Live that's over $100 a year right there.

I know not everyone is going to buy that joke subscription, but its still really silly that Activision is doing that.

SOCOM 4 had a Season Pass thing if you bought the game new, or you could pay $14.99, and you get all the DLC plus bonus community matches that change every week or so. The Season Pass is not a subscription, it stays with you "forever".

If Activision was smart enough, they would've made sure that this Elite service thing is not retroactive with their other cod games. So, in the future you'd have to keep renewing just for a different game. In theory, when someone renews their subscription for MW3 in say a few months before the new cod comes out. They would then need to buy a subscription for that other cod game, lol.

Gaming seems to be going downhill. Remember when we bought games and everything was on the Cartridge or Disc without paying extra to "unlock" whatever is on the game? Seriously I'm feeling ripped off buying games now, especially at full retail price. I especially hate the day one DLC, or releasing DLC within months of the game coming out. What is the point of that, why not just include it in the game. I'm sure these developers have all the DLC ready, but wait until their publishers give them permission to release it.

I feel that my best purchase for these next games will be the Team ICO Collection. I'm definietly not going to buy anything else other than Resistance 3, Team ICO Collection, and Uncharted 3 for retail games. I will purchase Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath when it eventually comes on PSN.

AngDate: Monday, 05/September/2011, 2:23:27 PM | Message # 12
Lieutenant colonel
Ugh, that is disgusting. You must be a sad fanboy if you actually pay that a year. Gross.

I am still getting the game for the campaign and multiplayer, but I am not sure if I will dedicate as much time in it as I did in Blops. It will depend how it goes. I do like that the snipers will finally be usable and that the shotties will probably be good too. No second chance! lol

Too lazy to embbed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmWvimK11MA

^shows A LOT of what you will have at your disposable. Shows all the perks/killstreaks/death perks/attachments/equipment
Man, those perks are nice.

Sleight of Hand Pro makes you switch guns faster now. Faster ADS "quickdraw" is in a different tier along with what you would call "ghost." Freaking sweet. So BALANCED!
I love the "stalker" perk, allows you to move faster while ADSing.

Also, it seems that you can add perks to your guns, like less recoil, les swaying, other things. Have to use the gun a lot I guess.
There is a game mode called Kill Confirmed that is like Crysis 2's dogtag pick ups. In order to actually get points, you need to pick up your downed enemy's dogtags. You can also pick up your dead buddy's tags for a kill denied, to prevent the other team from scoring. I confused this with all the game modes being like that. Sounds okay I guess.

Message edited by Ang - Monday, 05/September/2011, 6:54:38 PM

PatrickDate: Monday, 26/September/2011, 8:27:02 AM | Message # 13
Lieutenant
1 QUestion

I've read that MW3 has a 2P Online. Is it like the one in BLOPS or are they changing it to the one like in R2?lol

AlucardDate: Friday, 30/September/2011, 1:57:39 PM | Message # 14
Colonel
yeh that kill confirmed mode sounds good as long as there isnt a "retriever" perk like in Crysis 2 to automatically pick up dog tags and it'll be fine.

AngDate: Sunday, 02/October/2011, 4:36:18 PM | Message # 15
Lieutenant colonel
Quote (Patrick)
1 QUestion

I've read that MW3 has a 2P Online. Is it like the one in BLOPS or are they changing it to the one like in R2?lol

No idea!
I take it you are getting it for sure then Alu? smile

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024