Tuesday, 16/April/2024, 2:33:07 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS
[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | MW2: Red Dot vs. Holographic & other Information - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » MW2: Red Dot vs. Holographic & other Information
MW2: Red Dot vs. Holographic & other Information
redhamuSLADate: Friday, 13/November/2009, 8:59:48 AM | Message # 1
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
I was wondering about the difference between them myself.

duxy87Date: Friday, 13/November/2009, 11:22:38 PM | Message # 2
Major general
Group: Moderators
i dont notice much diff either.. but holographic looks better, and sexier

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 14/November/2009, 12:09:51 PM | Message # 3
Our Sexy Leader
Spent all tonight with Holo. It's most definitely better than Red Dot. Equip it once you get it, if you are going to use either of them.

KuzuDate: Saturday, 14/November/2009, 9:39:39 PM | Message # 4
The Clan Elder
i just unlocked holo.. wtf is the difference? they both look like "red dots" to me. is it more 3d? its the same range, im pretty sure.

i keep getting killed by dudes with thermal. and ACOG.

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 16/November/2009, 6:49:51 PM | Message # 5
Our Sexy Leader
Bigger & more accurate dot.

KuzuDate: Thursday, 19/November/2009, 10:37:29 PM | Message # 6
The Clan Elder
upon further testing, i like the red dot better.
smaller dot, means its easier to see enemies at longer distances (the bigger dot covers them up).

im not sure about the dots extending ur range, like u suggested red. i really wouldnt bet on a red dot silencer to go farther than a plain gun.

im almost positive that silencers not only reduce range, but also damage. i like the idea of silencers, but not if it sacrifices 2 key elements.

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 19/November/2009, 11:09:45 PM | Message # 7
Our Sexy Leader
Quote (Kuzu)
im not sure about the dots extending ur range, like u suggested red. i really wouldnt bet on a red dot silencer to go farther than a plain gun.

im almost positive that silencers not only reduce range, but also damage. i like the idea of silencers, but not if it sacrifices 2 key elements.

Of course I know silencers reduce range, but I was saying that the Holo + Silencer might actually bring the range back up to normal. If it is so, then you now have a silent gun that can still pick people off at a distance. Whether or not it actually does that, I'm not sure, but I feel like it does. Try it out for yourself.

My game is largely based on the element of surprise, speed & accuracy. A silenced accurate gun serves me well. Thus, my <3ing of the UMP/SCAR/M16.

KuzuDate: Monday, 23/November/2009, 7:05:02 PM | Message # 8
The Clan Elder
i posted on other one. but like i said, holo does not give better range than red dot. they are exactly the same. only the attachment is a little taller and narrower for the holo. range is exactly the same.

i know u know silencer reduces range. i meant that a non-scope attachment will shoot farther than a holo + silencer.

redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 24/November/2009, 8:22:24 AM | Message # 9
Our Sexy Leader
I also never said the Holo gives better range than the Red Dot. I said that it feels more accurate than the Red Dot. tongue

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 24/November/2009, 7:02:49 PM | Message # 10
The Clan Elder
Quote (redhamuSLA)
he impression that the Holo/Red Dot counter-balances the loss of range a silencer produces...? I don't know for sure, though.

ok. lol u still never said the holo goes longer than red dot. but u DID mention range. see!

redhamuSLADate: Wednesday, 25/November/2009, 7:59:52 AM | Message # 11
Our Sexy Leader
What, you mean I said the actual word "range"? LOL. Guilty as charged! wacko

banion7Date: Wednesday, 25/November/2009, 7:40:38 PM | Message # 12
Colonel
Group: Moderators
**snicker* \(>_<)//  

pwned

KuzuDate: Thursday, 26/November/2009, 10:34:21 PM | Message # 13
The Clan Elder
k another point.

RDS is constant.
holo will "move" to follow the target (slight aim assist) if a person runs through ur line of sight. not sure how far the range extends, only seen it (or remembered it) on ppl within 1-20 feet or so.

in principle, the assist seems like a good thing (for us noobs). but actually it makes me kinda sick. the sights will ALWAYS move, even on teammates who run right in front of u, which is distracting and makes me nauseous.

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Call of Duty » MW2: Red Dot vs. Holographic & other Information
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024