[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Battlefield 3 - Page 9 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Battlefield » Battlefield 3
Battlefield 3
KuzuDate: Wednesday, 02/November/2011, 7:15:51 AM | Message # 121
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
Niva, if you are talking about straight-up graphics, the game looks good. TBH its not the first thing i look at or care about, as its the whole package which attracts me to the game. things seem crisp, and there are very few bugs that i have noticed. vastly improved since the Beta. there is alot of cool details, like when u see your kill cam u see the guy gritting his teeth and shaking with recoil.

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 02/November/2011, 8:44:13 AM | Message # 122
Major general
Group: Moderators
I too could care less about graphics, but I was curious how it holds up on the PS3. DICE could've done more with the PS3, but was held back because of the 360. They wanted the console versions to be similar to one another.

I may just pick it up on PS3 as well, but I'll see if I have enough for that.

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 02/November/2011, 10:16:40 PM | Message # 123
The Clan Elder
FYI red got the game. we played some TDM last night; very hectic. no time to think. lol. but we kinda got the hang of it after a few rounds. i still prefer the longer modes. RUSH being my favorite. i think the game is beast Niva. but i guess you should weigh all your options. for me, its got so many things to make me happy.

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 03/November/2011, 2:17:11 AM | Message # 124
Our Sexy Leader
Playing TDM...

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 03/November/2011, 8:54:56 AM | Message # 125
Major general
I think I will pick it up just so I can establish air superiority with the jets and the scout helicopter. When I do get it I will be playing Conquest exclusively. I'm not sure when exactly I'll get it, but I should get it before next year. Maybe early December?

GuzmanDate: Thursday, 03/November/2011, 5:43:42 PM | Message # 126
Lieutenant general
BTW, Kuz, meant to say this earlier, but I'm glad the game you were anticipating didn't let you down! Have fun!

KuzuDate: Thursday, 03/November/2011, 11:07:21 PM | Message # 127
The Clan Elder
Niva: i can see myself doing conquest, but only to own it up in vehicles. i dunno why, but i cant stand that mode normally. its almost identical to COD domination, which i played the crap out of. but i just dont have fun playing it in BF games. weird. FYI, if you buy a used copy, you have to buy a $10 online pass.

Red: STAT CHART HERE ------------------------------------------------------------------>
https://docs.google.com/spreads....&gid=13
its not the official one from DenKirson himself, but it looks valid.

Guz: yay. ty man. its such a fun game. ive stayed up twice this week until 5am. my eyes are burning red from lack of sleep, yet im still playing every night. gogogogog.

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 05/November/2011, 7:37:38 PM | Message # 128
Our Sexy Leader
And I never learned how to REEEAAADDDDD! I don't get that shit. LOL. From what I can make of it, though, the SCAR is buff? I had actually been trying to get used to it before you posted up these gun stats just because it SEEMED buff. Though I like the gun, I think I'm still partial to the AK74M w/ HOLO & Supressor. Something about that gun just FEELS right to me. I think it's the balance in it...good clip size, accurate enough & packs a punch. I always seem to run out of ammo with the SCAR & nobody seems to throw ammo down in TDM. (>_<) Working on the AEK right now, actually. I think that's the gun that "TheRooster" said he was rocking (edit: he had actually said the A-91). RoF seems damn high & the gun is accurate. Blows that RDS comes a bit late in the attachment release & am still working for my Suppressor (loud gets me killed sometimes).

Anyways, just put up my 2nd vid. Check it out! When are you going to start uploading, Kuzu? Oh & if you ever want to toss something over here for me to try & Guest Commentate over, do it! (^_-)d

KuzuDate: Sunday, 06/November/2011, 7:56:19 PM | Message # 129
The Clan Elder
Ok, Mr. Tom Cruise. at the first page that pops up, this is bullet damage. the 1m-40m are the tested ranges. in other words, all guns have damage dropoff. silencers are not "less powerful" but they do suffer damage drop quicker. probably the most important page to look at is Time to Kill. this is factored by taking the bullet damage and rate of fire. the less TTK (obviously, in TIME) the faster you can *theoretically* kill an opponent. this is a good stat, but it is NOT all encompassing. this page clearly shows us that the Scar is beast compared to other carbines. but in fact, (without the proper hacked files to show all the numbers) we dont know the effects of recoil, spread, hipfire, etc yet. this may very well be the reason you feel the AK74M feels better to you. it may be less powerful, but if u can keep your shots on target and is more manageable, then stats dont mean anything. but its still good for a reference. i havent really looked at the other pages yet so i cant comment on them.

i like the AEK, but seems to perform identical to the M416 (statwise as well). but it was my favorite AR in BC2 so im sporting it. ive already uploaded a couple of BF3 vids and have 2 more lined up. i would love to give you (& anyone who wants!) some footage to critique/comment. anything you want to see or try that maybe you dont do normally? ive used some of my best clips so i might have to wait for now, unless i go an edit the crap out of them (= takes time).

i feel ive come to some kind of understanding on my methods now, so hopefully i will never be searching for words and sounding stupid while trying to do a one take 10min video. i have to break it down into small parts and have a focus (or multiple small points) and i feel more confident. shrug

KuzuDate: Sunday, 06/November/2011, 9:08:13 PM | Message # 130
The Clan Elder
BEST WEAPONS
best in theory considering "time to kill" stats. it has to be said again, even something with clearly the best stats may (and likely WILL) be balanced out by having heavy recoil, longer reload times, bigger spread, longer ADS times, etc. basically this stat assumes that you will hit every shot 100% on target, which is NEVER the case. this is why i believe ROF is a very important stat, because if you miss (which i do ALOT) then u need a faster firing gun to put more bullets out there. then again, perhaps a slightly slower ROF (on an AR for example) will help keep your shots more accurate and on target in the first place. lots of fun stuff to think about!!

Assault:
F2000 & KH2002 // runner up: M16 (A3 or A4)

Engineer:
SCAR-H // runner up: A-91 & M4A1

Support:
M240B // runner up: PKP Pecheneg

GuzmanDate: Monday, 07/November/2011, 5:35:46 AM | Message # 131
Lieutenant general
Psst, Kuz.... I think he's just lazy.

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 07/November/2011, 9:44:48 PM | Message # 132
Our Sexy Leader
Kuzu: Thanks for the explanation, dude. Btw, what's up with you & the chatroom? You enter & then never respond...are you even SEEING the messages? Don't ignore me! (T_T)

Guz: (>_<) What are you playing now, mang?

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 08/November/2011, 0:09:19 AM | Message # 133
Lieutenant general
Hey, don''t feel bad. I took one look & felt the same!

Dark Souls! & some other SP stuff!

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 08/November/2011, 1:26:19 AM | Message # 134
The Clan Elder
that first night we played TDM u said i kept ignoring u, but i wasnt seeing any MSGs so i dunno. if its in the middle of gameplay when im concentrating i may strategically avoid looking at the upper right screen and forget to check it later. but ones i see, i respond (with my mic) since i cant be bothered to type without a keyboard.

TDM is a hectic mode. it can be seriously aggravating, but at *times* i see myself enjoying it simply because its instant action. spawns are literally instant, but u may have 2 guys shooting at your back. its definitely a good place to level up weapons and upgrades though. u know there is always the option of doing squad TDM (4x4x4x4 ppl) or squad rush (4v4) assuming we have 2 other players.

redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 08/November/2011, 4:05:48 AM | Message # 135
Our Sexy Leader
Naw, dude. I'm messaging you before/after the matches. Literally 10+ lines unreplied to. (>_<)

TDM is pretty hectic, right? I'm feeling it EXCEPT FOR all the fucking backspawns that seem to happen to me. I check my six & then move, only to be shot in the back. I KNOW it's a backspawn. It can get pretty damn frustrating. Other than that, I'm pretty damn happy with the mode.

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Battlefield » Battlefield 3
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024