[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Battlefield 3 - Page 10 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Battlefield » Battlefield 3
Battlefield 3
nivasan6Date: Sunday, 27/November/2011, 11:21:13 PM | Message # 136
Major general
Group: Moderators
I got Battlefield 3 on Friday, and I'm not regretting it one bit. Which is a good thing considering how I regretted getting some games this year.

I played multiplayer for a few hours and I love the jets. They're so damn easy to fly and use which is a shame because I wanted more of a challenge, but oh well. For some reason I find them easier to use than the tanks, lol. Anyway, I'm good at flying, but I can't kill anything on the ground with the machine guns. I did get an amazing kill on another pilot who was turning their jet really slowly. I was flying full speed at them whilst blasting them.

I'm only playing Conquest, and so far I have not seen any Scout helicopters on any of the Conquest maps. I'm not sure if there are any on the Conquest maps, but if there are none that is pretty stupid. Which brings me to my main gripe with the game: the maps. The maps just seem uninspiring and boring. They made a huge mistake shipping the game with only eight maps, and no variations to them. By this I mean why not play a smaller version of Caspian Border whilst playing Conquest. This is supposed to be a direct sequel to Battlefield 2, and this game is lacking some variety that its predecessor had.

The server browsing is a welcome relief, but it wouldn't put me in a game with people in it. I was waiting in the "queue" for over 20 minuted being the only person waiting, and it sill never put me in the game. I did quick matches instead, and I found out that I couldn't specify that I wanted to play Hardcore.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the game, and it's a breath of fresh air from all the major disappointments I had this year. But, the game is still lacking a lot when compared to Battlefield 2.

KuzuDate: Sunday, 27/November/2011, 11:40:29 PM | Message # 137
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
glad ur liking it dude.

i have no idea about the scout choppers on CQ. there are a few in Rush, and i jump on the chance to use them every time. though 2 lock on missiles (fired in a short span) and it will take you out easily, even with IR flares. that sucks

ive tried a few more times to do jets, and actually figured i can turn. i dunno why i failed before. but there is no way i can pilot them efficiently with my setup. they say they are giving them MORE damage, which is fucking retarded. i understand the average player cant fly jets well, but that doesnt mean they need to get boosts. this just means that the already good pilots (and they exist every other game of course) will get a huge fucking advantage... im a good tank driver, but one pass from a frogfoot and im dead, blown up, in 2 seconds. i have no warning, and no one spots jets. so its completely unfair. giving them a damage boost is the stupidest thing. its like Bush giving tax breaks to the rich while still fucking over the poor.

im fine with the maps TBH. i think there is variety, from big open maps to smaller, urban areas. i like how sometimes i have to use long range weaponry and other times close-quarters weapons. ill also get all 4 bonus maps free, which WILL be in regular map rotation, so thats 12 maps. also, i think if u play conquest u are missing out, since its the exact same map and area every time. Rush changes depending on what part ur playing, so its like playing on 3-4 maps each time. thats another reason i really love Rush.

i dont think ur using the server browser correctly then, dude. this system is 100x better than any other game ive played. its even better than Resistance or Killzone. u can choose which map, u can see how many players are in it, and ur assured of getting ur preferred connection. i would marry this game just for this browser system alone. it has changed my online experience exponentially. if u find a game that says 22/24 for example, and then once u get to the map *stats* page (detailed info), check the numbers again. obviously if its 24/24 its full. for best results, i usually try to join games that are around 20/24 on the search page. out of hundreds of games ive played, i only sit in queue if i really really want to join a game with friend in it. otherwise, there is no reason to be waiting there dude. there are always plenty of games that are not full.

im really quite content with this game. im still sad so many ppl (who played this for a week) just ditched it for MW3 though. but im having so much fun, even by myself.

nivasan6Date: Monday, 28/November/2011, 1:56:15 AM | Message # 138
Major general
I was flying a jet on Kharg Island, and I kept getting locked on by anti-air missiles, and I kept dodging them, but one actually got me, and I had to bail. I was getting shot at by some person in an attack helicopter, and I was wondering how they kept locking on to me when they were hovering, and I was constantly turning and swooping. I found it rather odd that they would be able to lock on to me, but oh well, at least they didn't kill me, lol.

The jets in Battlefield 2 are way out of balance, and some say are overpowering, which is true. I can see the same thing happening here in Battlefield 3 as well. I honestly hope DICE does not give more/take away damage to the jets or any other vehicle/weapon in the game. The game as it is now seems balanced. If they do add damage to the jets, I feel for you man. I hated being blasted by jets all the time in Battlefield 2. When that happens there is basically no defense against them unless your team has good pilots.

From variety I meant differing locations and environments. You are absolutely correct by your definition of variety, I should've made myself clear on what I meant on variety. Even with my definition there is variety in the maps, but I just hoped for more. As of now I hate Operation Metro, Sienne Crossing, Tehran Highway, and Grand Bazar (I think it's this one, lol). The reason being solely because of tight spaces, and a main focus on infantry combat. I too got the Limited Edition, so I will be almost exclusively on Gulf of Oman, lol. That map is one of the best maps ever created for any multiplayer game.

I play Conquest because I'm a Battlefield 2 lover, and that was the only game type available. Plus, I enjoy it more so than Rush. Usually when I play Rush it just turns into a camp fest, but Conquest is more exciting because it's "always" changing. The same thing can be said about Rush as well, but I prefer something where you play both offense and defense at the same time. I guess that explains why I enjoy Conquest, Zones, CTF, etc... Don't get me wrong I like the game types that are similar to Rush, but I just don't enjoy it in Battlefield games, lol.

Whilst using server browsing I was able to get into a game with just myself, but once I try joining when the game says 18/24 or more, I get stuck in a queue for a long time. I just have to find games with under 18 people in the current game.

I hate how people who wait to deploy have the option to spawn in a jet. I should have first dibs since I clicked on deploy before my other teammates. It's usually some person who doesn't know what they're doing, and I see that they have died within 20 seconds.

I'm doing terrible at the game because I'm not going into matches caring about k/d anymore. I barely get kills, but I make up for it by doing other stuff. I just need to level up my jets, so I can get the damn missiles, lol.

I found this rather odd, but on my team no one was going for the attack helicopter. I was practically the only person on my team who would use it. I did join someone else who was a boss at piloting one, I was the gunner, we ended up pulverizing the other team with him piloting that helicopter. I remember in BC2 where lots of people would wait around for that helicopter to spawn, but here it just sits there, lol. I have no problem with it since I can hone my skills with it, and no one would be mad that I'm wasting the helicopter, lol.

I'm almost done with this semester of school, so I should be on around the time you're on as well. I still suck at the game, but I hopefully shouldn't bring the team down too much, lol. I don't care what game type we play as long as there are jets and or helicopters smile

Sorry, for mentioning jets or helicopters all the time, I'm just happy I finally get to be a good pilot in a Battlefield game without the need of a joystick and hours upon hours of practice.

KuzuDate: Monday, 28/November/2011, 4:38:12 AM | Message # 139
The Clan Elder
lol its funny about the map thing. the exact maps u mentioned as not liking are the ones i like. i guess the thrill of killing numerous ppl in a short span is what excites me about those maps. take Grand Bazaar for example. it seems pretty bland, and pretty much just a few street blocks. but for some reason i love that map. i think cuz i can use any weapon and have a fun time, which i cant say about some other maps. or maybe ive just had good games on it so it sticks in my memory banks.

yah i can see conquest being fun, but i like knowing the procedure, knowing what to expect. i like knowing what my job is, rather than always having to change and adapt (or now know who will be there, who will support, how the game will flow, etc.). but really it all boils down to dying. i cant anticipate what will happen in conquest, meaning i die, meaning i dont like the mode. lol. im actually very easy to decipher.

attack choppers (even scout) get lock-on missile upgrades fairly early. i have it for both. but there are other possibilities as well. could be engineers with stingers or iglas (sp?). could be mobile anti-air lock ons. could be SOFLAM, which will always lock-on even if no one fires at you, which is annoying and destracting. i always go for attack choppers first, then tanks, then whatever is left over, in that order. i find the AMTRAC is quite powerful and can take massive damage, but most drivers are stupid and drive erratic, making your aim follow their direction and taking u off target. im starting to use tanks like i would a soldier, not just go head first and blast till im dead in 2 minutes. i take out one guy. if i get hit i retreat and auto-heal (now engineer is my least used class...) and try to flank. very fun when playing like that, since i survive longer and surprise enemy tanks.

as long as ur having fun, u should just do whatever u like doing. thats what great about this game. u can play purely in vehicles and have a wonderful time. u can PTFO (play the fucking objective) all the time and have fun. u can be selfish and solo like in COD. so much cool stuff to do, such little time to do it.

about the server, i dunno. ive never had a problem with it. check your settings? i actually put mine to search for 5+ players (even though i would never join a game that low) just to see more results. when i use 20+ (or w/e is most) i usually find much less games, all of which are full. try changing that.

the deploy thing does suck. at the start of a game its a fight for whoever can click on it fastest. and sometimes, i admit im a douch and wait for certain vehicles (scout/attack choppers) when im not PTFOing. if u see them not in action, thats a sign. lol

i would love to team up for vehicle (or infantry) action. ive never actually flown with someone who has unlocks (for example, gunner using IR flares and pilot uses another upgrade) to maximize their efficiency. would be alot of fun no doubt! ive become quite the vehicle whore as of late. i think i have 6-700 tank kills. lmao.

nivasan6Date: Monday, 28/November/2011, 2:15:31 PM | Message # 140
Major general
The thing with Conquest is that I enjoy not knowing what my role is, and adapting to fit the situation. I don't mind dying at all, I do die a lot in Battlefield games. I saw your stats, and you're at a k/d of 2.02 :O I was amazed at that. How do you not get killed? Shit, I get killed within seconds of a match starting, lol.

I finally got to use a Scout helicopter and sadly, it isn't what I was expecting. I was expecting it to be amazing similar to how it was in Battlefield 2. The map I played it on, made little sense to have a helicopter in it. I forgot the exact name, but I believe the word dam was in it. It's a tiny outdoor map with a "long" tunnel. Scout helicopters make a lot of sense in open maps.

Hardcore is really strange. You're not allowed to change the camera view when in vehicles nor see any health information unless you're playing as an engineer. But, they have a minimap which displays nearly everything. The one thing it does not display are tagged enemies. I was tagging multiple APC's, but none of them showed up on the map, but I got points whenever someone destroyed them. I wish there was no minimap in Hardcore versions of the game types. It makes no sense, and also the damage isn't really higher either. I guess I'm better off playing the standard modes then, lol.

Usually when I start off playing Battlefield games, when I'm still a scrub. I usually go about accomplishing tasks on my own, lol. It doesn't make sense for me to do that, but I seem to do okay with that. Once I get accustomed to the game, and gain more ranks, I will start being vocal and playing as a team. That's not to say that I don't help the team. I always throw out medpacks and revive people when I can. I will also hop into vehicles with other players as well.

I got into a game with 17 players, and it was a Europe server. I'll play around with the settings more to see what happens. When I joined the team's were not balanced at all. It was 7 v 11.

I'll wait to, but only after I die and decide to respawn at the headquarters. Once the match starts I always go about my business, and then wait for something that I want.

That's a lot of kills! I only have 44 in about 4 hours of gameplay, lol.

I would love to have a gunner with me whilst I do my rounds in a jet. I'm about 200 points away from the Heat Seekers, which I can't wait for. Now, I finally have a chance against the players that have Heat Seekers. As of now I have to rely on my skill to try and out maneuver them, or get behind them and try my best to keep up while blasting them with the machine gun.

Do you get points for just controlling a vehicle? When I finally got to fly the Scout helicopter it was seconds prior to a match ending, and I got 100 points for using it. I did fire the guns, but I didn't hit anybody. I hope this is the case, so that getting the unlocks for vehicles would be easier.

KuzuDate: Monday, 28/November/2011, 10:04:09 PM | Message # 141
The Clan Elder
played a bunch of Conquest games last night. im still iffy on it, since its very heavily vehicle dependent. if i went as infantry, i would be blasted in 2 seconds. if i got in a tank, i would get a 10 kill streak. so i just stayed in vehicles. its still fun, but it doesnt feel like a well-rounded experience. there was very little infantry-only combat and i had absolutely no reason to use a pea-shooter when i have a huge cannon and LMG with tons of armor.

my KD reflects my WL (win-loss). if i went and set every single Mcom or jumped into the front lines every single time, my WL would be a little higher and my KD would be much lower. i want to win but ive learned that i cant trust strangers. so instead of focusing all my efforts on rambo-rushing the OBJ and dying left & right, im more useful as an assassin. my actions allow my team to advance down the main path or secure the OBJ. also, i just have a problem with dying, so i find whatever method works for me. one big adjustment from BC2 (or hint if u want to use it) is that i almost never spawn on (stranger) teammates unless im absolutely sure theyre safe. i cant F#'$!%&ING stand dying upon respawn. also, use the IRNV scopes, they are extremely dope particularly for ARs or LMGs.

on a side note, if u need any help with choosing weapons i can give u some advice. there have been some more stats released which could help out. check out this page:
http://symthic.dy.fi/?s=bf3

u probably used the Scout on Davamand Peak. starts out rocky mountainside, then a huge cliff dive right? yah.. i always fly it there too, but its a horrible place for a chopper. such a narrow map, AND there are power lines, a huge tower, decent size hills and trees to crash into.

yah never been a fan of hardcore, and likely not going to start now. i dont think the damage is any higher, just that base health is 60. without a spotting system i think BF3 is extremely tedious. and even with colors on normal mode, i often have a very hard time distinguishing friend from foe. hate getting TK'd and i feel bad TK'ing.

Europe? dude, um. u havent set it correctly. i dont know the exact name of it right now, but after selecting [multiplayer], choose the 2nd of 3 options, something like [browser] or [browser search]. then hit the L3 button to set your preferences. tick with [X]: player count, maps, mode, HC/reg, etc. and most importantly Region. i have never ever joined a game other than Japan, since i have my preferences set to that. always always join a game throught the manual browser search (not the Quick Search) and i guarantee you will join your region 100% of the time.

well, 44 in 4 hours is 11/hour. i have 991 total vehicle kills (good god?!) in 81 hours, which is 12/hour. just about the same. u can see i whore them even when playing Rush!

i believe there are no gunner seats in jets. but could do it in tanks or attack choppers. i unlocked the TV missile for the tank, so i can have 3 ppl instead of 2, but i couldnt figure out how to use it. i can zoom in, use infra-red, and lock-on. but i couldnt fire the missile. weird.

im 99.9% sure u dont get points just for flying. ive even shot and got hit markers, but since they auto-healed or repaired (no assist points) i still ended the game with 0 vehicle points. just about every night lately, i start out as recon with my m98. i start out slow and gradually change my playstyle as i lose my patience. but the MAV is so powerful if u have a team that is competent (and i like getting MAV kills on the side!). it is the best gadget in the game if u have ppl working together (or actually just using common sense. LOOK at the god damn spotted players u morons!!! hes right in front of u!!!).

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 29/November/2011, 6:11:14 PM | Message # 142
Major general
I love vehicles, but I hate infantry combat in Battlefield games, lol. I can hold my own in infantry, but it's a bit harder since a lot of people already have decent unlocks for their weapons.

I'm always charging in. I found out last night that I'm more effective in a tank, and ordering people than going about doing my own thing. I won three matches in a row with me being aggressive, and taking charge.

I'm adding Damavand Peak to my most hated maps of all time list. It's a terrible map, and once you're being spawn camped there's really no way out.

I'm still going to play Hardcore, but all the really good Battlefield players are on Hardcore servers, lol. I'm excellent at flying in regular games, but in Hardcore I'm garbage at flying. I still like Hardcore modes, but the way it's set up in Battlefield 3 turns me away from it.

I had my servers set to any because I get more choices that way. Guess what? I had disconnects and lag issues when I play on a US server. But, on the Europe server there was no lag and no disconnects. I think I'll give the US servers one more shot, but it was terrible. I was doing amazing in one match, and next thing I know I get disconnected.

There are gunner seats in the jet, because I just spawned in one, and next thing I know I have a squad member in the jet as well. I don't think he did anything, as I believe that the pilot's unlocks carry over to the gunner for the jets. I only had flares and the machine gun. I know in the attack helicopters there are two separate unlocks, one for pilot and one for gunner. That is odd that you couldn't fire your TV missiles.

What exactly is the MAV? Is it that annoying flying sentry? I saw my first flying bot thing last night on Sienne Crossing. I killed two of them, and I think they gave enemy positions. If it's the same thing you're talking about, that's one of my most hated gadgets in the game.

I can't even fly anymore without people firing anti-air missiles at me. I even got gunned down by a bloody chopper while I was in a jet. How the hell did they kill me in a chopper with their standard primary fire? There are some balancing issues when it comes to air vehicles. I can't stand being out gunned by a helicopter when I'm in a jet. I should have the upper hand when it comes to helicopter v jet. I finally unlocked the Heat Seekers for my jet, and they are wonderful. But, I wish I unlocked them earlier because now all the matches I play have amazing pilots on the opposing team. I can't even get anything with them, when I have two pilots chasing me down both firing Heat Seekers, lol.

Thanks for the information regarding the weapons, but I really only have three assault rifles, a few pistols, and a shotgun unlocked. I'm currently using the M416 it seems to have a higher damage and low recoil rate.

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 29/November/2011, 11:40:01 PM | Message # 143
The Clan Elder
sucks with the servers. maybe there are just too many ppl playing in the US so they cant handle it. but its been nothing but smooth for me. or could be bugs that caused disconnects? i dont get many of them, but theyre still there.

i think ur mistaken on the jet situation. maybe there is a 2-seater in SP/Coop, but not in MP. i cannot spawn on jets, no one has every joined me, nor have i ever seen any footage of a gunner. this would also explain why there are no jet gunner unlocks as there are for choppers. speaking of which, i still dont know how to actually *use* my gunner abilities. lets say im in an Apache: the button for shooting (R1, as gunner) is the same as IR flare (R1, as driver)... so how does that work...? DICE needs to have an actual manual, even if online, for these types of things. just expecting ppl to figure it out through trial & death is very amateurish IMO.

i made a mistake. its the CITV missile, which is just a targeting system. ive locked on air targets, and i believe it does ground vehicles as well. i should test it, but *maybe* i could lock on, then switch seats to driver and use the lock-on missile. (though i normally equip LMG instead since its beastly against ground troops and i hardly ever get ppl joining me in the tank). im posting up a 20 killstreak in a tank, mostly luck but still it was fun.

the MAV is the recon gadget. it sees the entire map in infra-red, very easy to spot ppl with it, has a motion sensor even if u *drop* it and leave it, and it can destroy equipment as well (spawn beacon, SOFLAM, IED bots, MAV, TUG) if u have a player controlling this with aggressive teammates charging up the map, it is a constant UAV and huge advantage. if the MAV driver has a mic as well, they will be unstopable. but u only get 10-30 points for every spot kill (compared to 100+ for killing) so most ppl are turned away from it automatically. it is the least selfish gadget in the game, and it truly turns the tide of battle, helping your team more than anything else could. i made a montage clip of me getting roadkills with it. ppl dont expect that, which makes it so fun!

i get bummed out some times too cuz im nearly always going solo in tanks. im pretty good but there is only so much i can do, and i hate being forced to stick with Engineer since i like to play as infantry as well. so if i face an equal driver, but he has Engineer crew, they can repair while shooting while i cant. and once i go under 50 armor points my tank is gone. so at times i play tank as i would infantry. find my target, take him out, get safe, then repeat. i cant just go rambo all the time because my tank cant withstand that and no one helps repair. i mean seriously... i RUN OVER Engineers and they still dont repair me. i dont understand how ppl can be either so clueless or so indifferent.

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 30/November/2011, 12:26:20 PM | Message # 144
Major general
I'm probably wrong on the jet situation, but I could've sworn I saw another person's name under mine whilst in the jet. It was displayed in the same place as it is when you're in a vehicle that can hold more than one person.

Maybe you could try changing the weapons via Triangle? Did you remap the controls? For me firing the weapon while being the gunner is L1, and R1 is aiming. Unless I'm mistaken again and the default is R1 to fire and L1 to aim. Maybe you could go in the gunner seat in an unused attack helicopter and press all the buttons, and see what each one does.

I hate idiots on my team! I parked my tank in a way so that I can survey most of the map, and blast other vehicles from afar whilst defending the flags that my team captured, and all of a sudden some person from another squad takes my tank and drives off! I was in the gunner seat at the time dealing with the helicopters. He ended up destroying the tank, luckily I fled before he got killed with the tank. The same thing happened, but on a different map. I was using the APC on Tehran Highway, and parked off. I moved to the gunner seat, and a few minutes later some person decides to hop in and drive off.

I found another thing I dislike about the game that is due to DICE and not the players. Why am I forced to decide between the health pack or an attachment to my rifle? The grenade launcher is a direct attachment to the rifle, and it should not be classified in the same way as the health pack. The same goes for the other attachments for the rifle such as the shotgun attachment. I don't have the health pack strapped on my rifle, lol.

I guess I got points for being in the Scout helicopter because earlier in the match I was a passenger in one, and the pilot stopped at a flag, and I got 250 capture points. I guess those points went to the Scout helicopter unlocks?

I only played as the Assault class, and I'll probably stick with it till I get some killer attachments for my gun. I like and dislike the way the unlocks occur for the weapons. I like the idea that you have to use the weapon to gain the unlocks, but at the same time I don't really like it. This is only bothersome when using faction specific weapons. But, it's a good system to have in online games, this way it makes people to actually use the gun. Otherwise, it would be too easy to just play as a class and gain unlocks for all the weapons in that class without actually using it.

I'm probably going to play Starhawk for a majority of the time, since I want to give feedback and make it an even better game.

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 06/December/2011, 2:27:16 PM | Message # 145
Major general
I just witnessed my first match where players in the air disgusted me. It was on Kharg Island and the other team were just circulating my team's air base, and blasting anyone who's in a jet or helicopter. If they were even remotely good at flying then they would prefer a good dog fight, and not just easy points. It doesn't take any skill to circle around a base and blast a stationary object. Just when I started getting better at flying this shit happens. I did however get into some matches where the dog fights were amazing. One aerial fight I was in lasted for around ten minutes, no joke. It was tense, we kept getting behind another and shaking each other off. Then, I made a stupid mistake, and he ended up disabling my jet. I love flying with and against good pilots, not the garbage that just camp at the other team's base.

I started to get the hang of the Attack Helicopter, and they're a blast to fly.

Kuzu, how come I can't zoom in when I have the IR Flares equipped as a gunner?

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 07/December/2011, 9:32:43 AM | Message # 146
The Clan Elder
i do have a diff button layout. i use legacy + inverted. thats what i used for BC2 so i cant be bothered to learn anything else. i still have a hard time with jets. i dunno if ill every learn/try to get better.

well, to play devils advocate, i think the assault class is balanced as it is. u give a class with the most versatile weapons (AR) the ability to give themselves health, revive, and use noob toobs at the same time and that is giving an unfair advantage.

i dont play conquest enough to know if u get points, but it seems rational to get air vehic points if u cap a flag in them. i think i heard ppl saying thats how they leveled up certain vehicles, albeit slowly.

luckily ive seen only a small amount of spawn trapping in vehicles. in fact, very little. but thats because i stick to Rush mostly. i do see infantry trapping sometimes, but its not that common since teams are much more balanced this time.

im not sure about the buttons. usually zoom button zooms for most gunner weps. or maybe the IR flare replaced a zoom optic when u upgraded? (i doubt that, as they are different sets of abilities).

FYI the DL and installation for map pack took 1 hour.

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 07/December/2011, 2:09:42 PM | Message # 147
Major general
You have some valid points, and I do agree with them. I was only complaining about the logic in the game, and the way accessories work out for the Assault class. But, at the same time I still want to equip a shotgun attachment and still have the medkit. I barely even heal myself, I'm always throwing them by teammates, and healing yourself isn't worth it in a firefight.

I already downloaded the maps when they were out. I played all of them last night except Wake Island. I like their revision of the maps, but Gulf of Oman does not feel right for some reason. If you played Gulf of Oman, does the RU side have an F-35 as well? I was playing, and I kept seeing enemies in F-35's. The first time in the match I saw two Su's, and then after awhile I see them with the F-35. Are they able to access the planes and vehicles on the US side?

KuzuDate: Wednesday, 07/December/2011, 11:43:46 PM | Message # 148
The Clan Elder
i totally dont know the names of the maps (except Wake Island) since that one stuck out as being, well, a very narrow island which is either very easy or very hard to control depending on your team. i dont recall seeing any jets though for Rush, which is all i played. there was an attack heli and tunguska on wake, and some others had mutli-tanks, lavs, dune buggies and amtracs. i realize these are middle eastern settings, but sometimes i feel there is just too much sand and dirt. i guess i was just so in love with the Vietnam packs, so i really hope they give something like that at some point. LOVED the jungle feel of those.

my god, i unlocked the famas and its stock sights are fucking HORRIBLE. you can either try using the iron sights, which are the worst iron sights ive ever experienced in a FPS!!! the actual targetting dot is red and sticks up, which is kinda useful. but the irons completely block off 3/4ths of the display! so you can only see through this tiny tiny ass hole the size of a straw when firing!! its ridiculous. but wait! on top of that they give you a free scope! its none other than the ballistic 12x scope... wtf right?? i guess i just have to flank and spray ppl in the back without ADSing to get another scope. but lol i thought that was funny how they made it so difficult to use right off the bat.

i like how there are 2 tiers of weapons to unlock. the first set is not so hard, but the 2nd will take alot of skill and effort. (some things like playing 2 hours on a specific map or getting challenging kills.)

i was getting annoyed to all hell by this one guy (or probably a few at the same time) using MAVs. i would go Recon and blow up his MAV with mine, then 2 seconds later they were back up and doing it again. and the fuckign retard snipers on our team never used them... OH and that one tower/crane that is like a mile high is annoying! i spawned on a teammate up there, but couldnt jump off! i couldnt get past the metal railings, so i had to manually climb down the ladders. then i got sick of that so i jumped straight down, and committed suicide since i couldnt see the bottom. lol but not lol!

and its cool u get to keep the weapons for the main game too. and the map rotations can be merged too. i likeee.

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 08/December/2011, 10:08:55 AM | Message # 149
Major general
I just noticed something really odd. Why are certain vehicles locked depending on the mode? I would expect to see just about every vehicle in Conquest, but the ones in Rush are amazing. I mainly like the Tunguska, but I never got a chance to use it yet in Battlefield 3. I would love to use the Warthog as well, but it would be too slow, and too difficult to maneuver, lol. I'll stick to Conquest for now until next week when I should be on the same time as you.

I didn't unlock any "new"/old weapons yet. I think I need one or two more revives and heals, and I should get it. I was planning on using it as my main weapon, but from what you describe it seems that it's pretty useless as it is. I'll still give it a try. That is hilarious about the 12x scope. Maybe they want us to snipe with it, especially on the smaller maps, lol.

The two tiers give me more things to play for instead of trying to unlock weapons and upgrades for the vehicles.

That crane is iconic. I tried going up to stealth kill three snipers, but some person in a M1 Abrahms shot me as I climbing up, lol. Did you try using your parachute when you jumped down? That could've saved you a suicide, lol.

I'm always annoyed with the MAV's, lol. I usually quit the match when a smaller infantry focused map is next. I hate dealing with infantry in Battlefield 3.

The map rotations are sweet, but I wish there was a way to only play larger maps without finding a new game. Do you know of a way to only be in a map rotation with only large maps?

KuzuDate: Thursday, 08/December/2011, 9:59:17 PM | Message # 150
The Clan Elder
i kinda wish the vehics were randomly rotated so that its not the same predictable massacre every time. honestly most of my good Rush games are because im exploiting vehics. the tunguska is amazing. the canons alone IMO are the best all-purpose weapon in the game. they are so accurate, and spit out ammo so fast its just awesome. (love getting mass infantry kills with it!)

from what i can tell, the Famas is pretty dope (once u get the right scope). the 1st unlock is the ACOG, but im still waiting for the red dot or holo. havent tried the new LMG or SMG yet. ive still got so many (old) guns i havent even touched. but i like that too, giving me something fresh to look forward to. at some point ill go to each one and evel them up (ex: get all to 1st star).

the crane...i mean i guess its cool having railings so u cant fall off accidentally. but i wanted to get the F-off it! i had to go to the ladder to jump straight down, but couldnt see the bottom. my parachute doesnt work 1/2 the time. if i only try pushing it once, sometimes it wont open. so that means i have to tap it a few times, but if u do that (while its deployed unbeknowst to me) then u just fall to your death. lose/lose situation! (i guess old controller's fault).

ive been starting to use IGLAs just to take out MAVs. 1shot and its gone. BUT i had a very hard time taking out the attack chopper on Wake Island. i spent a good 8-9 IGLAs and they always used flares! must have had a gunner also using it. i think i only got one shot to land, and that was only because someone else finally decided to help.

well, there is a way to get the maps u want. but it is pre-determined and time consuming.
1. set your search parameters for the maps u want
2. check the maps stat page to see what maps are in its rotation
i dunno if they even have different map rotations other than bf3, b2k, and a full mix.

last night i got sick of joining crap teams in Rush and always getting demolished. it was good to get back to some TDM games for a change.

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Battlefield » Battlefield 3
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024