Main | Battlefield 3 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Battlefield » Battlefield 3
Battlefield 3
KuzuDate: Wednesday, 23/February/2011, 8:52:35 PM | Message # 1
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
http://battlefield.gamersverse.com/article....g-scans

a good starting look at the direction they are heading. game will be released Fall 2011.
this game will be more urban warfare, but still use big maps. 24player console, 64 players PC. prone is in.
new Frostbite 2.0 engine with even more destructive environments, better lighting, realistic animations, and real-life sound effects.

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 02/March/2011, 1:09:31 PM | Message # 2
Major general
Group: Moderators
http://www.ps3trophies.org/news....ce.html

Hope you enjoy it!!!!!

AngDate: Saturday, 05/March/2011, 9:09:55 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Users
Damn that looks good, too bad I will be too busy playing R3. wink
The recoil is insane in that video.

nivasan6Date: Sunday, 06/March/2011, 6:50:15 PM | Message # 4
Major general
lol, I hear ya. I will probably divide my time between the two.

Sorry, Kuzu, but I'm sold on getting the game on PC, unless they announce that PS3 is also getting 64 players.

KuzuDate: Sunday, 06/March/2011, 10:03:10 PM | Message # 5
The Clan Elder
no worries. im pretty much sold on getting BF3. unless squirrels decide that they will make a very consolidated effort to play solely as a team, the way u do in BF games, im going to play BF3 predominately. may not even get R3. cant split my time between 2 games. and i choose full-on teamwork vs anything else. ive seen what its like to have ppl, even strangers, support each other. and its just 100x more satisfying and "heartwarming" in a sense, even more so than getting a XX-kill streak or killing everything in sight. im a changed man.

nivasan6Date: Sunday, 06/March/2011, 10:20:51 PM | Message # 6
Major general
Glad to hear that Kuzu, I am proud of you, lol. No, seriously I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who cherishes teamwork. I get the same feeling when I play MAG, and both teams are working equally as a team, or better yet as one. Killzone 3 is joke if you're not playing with people you know. Ex: medics just run right past you without ever thinking of reviving anyone, engineers aren't fixing or creating turrets, and tacticians aren't going to capture any spawn points. I have yet to find a group that uses every class to their advantage and actually play as a team.

Kuzu, are you getting the PS3 version or PC? If you're definitely getting it on PS3 I may have to change my mind, but I still need that 64 player BF goodness, lol. I played some BF2 over the weekend, and oh man, you're in for a big treat; granted that BF3 is similar to BF2. If you need a beta invite, I'll give you a code in case I have two. I'm in it for sure, but I'm not sure if Sony is going to send me a code as well. I'm in because I bought MoH, but hopefully Sony, or EA's gunclub sends me a beta invite.

Kuzu, if you also like SOCOM 4, I could get you in the beta before it goes public. By public, I mean open to everyone, as it goes public on April 15th I believe. Closed beta starts on March 15th.

KuzuDate: Sunday, 06/March/2011, 10:59:04 PM | Message # 7
The Clan Elder
would almost make more sense to play on PC, what with a nice new PC coming soon, but i would like to stick with the PS3 as long as possible. i love big screen TVs. i like sitting in front of my couch. i like the ppl ive met (though i wish ppl would play BF games). so i dont think ill go to PC, sorry. i think a full game of 12 vs 12 is pretty darn good, considering there are already so many vehicles and snipers. i like the feel of being in the big, open maps. getting it too crowded would change the experience for me.

ill probably pre-order BF3 as soon as i find the best deal, fastest delivery (to japan), and best bonuses included. though the latter 2 things being most important. thx for the offer on the Betas. but its ok, i can settle with just playing the standard version. i did join the gun club just in case though.

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 07/March/2011, 8:18:44 AM | Message # 8
Our Sexy Leader
I want you with us on R3, slut! Smaller maps, more action, more strats/team work!

(^3^)-chu!!!

nivasan6Date: Monday, 07/March/2011, 1:44:38 PM | Message # 9
Major general
Smaller maps does not necessarily equate to more teamwork. In smaller maps one person can win the game, but in larger maps it takes a team to win.

Kuzu, in BF games they adjust the maps accordingly depending on the number of players. For instance in BF2 the 64 player matches have different layouts than the 32, 24, and 16 player matches. It wouldn't be a crowded.

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 07/March/2011, 7:18:49 PM | Message # 10
Our Sexy Leader
Quote (nivasan6)
Smaller maps does not necessarily equate to more teamwork. In smaller maps one person can win the game, but in larger maps it takes a team to win.

I've decided to just 'LOL' here. (^_-)b

nivasan6Date: Monday, 07/March/2011, 7:24:04 PM | Message # 11
Major general
Why? How do smaller maps equate to more teamwork? Especially in a game that isn't really based on teamwork. So, the small maps in cod must be a tactical heaven?

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 07/March/2011, 7:29:47 PM | Message # 12
Our Sexy Leader
It's not worth it & I don't have the time nor energy. That's why.

nivasan6Date: Monday, 07/March/2011, 8:41:43 PM | Message # 13
Major general
So you decided to use your precious time and energy in that post?

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 07/March/2011, 8:52:30 PM | Message # 14
Our Sexy Leader
Si!

KuzuDate: Monday, 07/March/2011, 9:19:12 PM | Message # 15
The Clan Elder
while i think that Niva may be a bit "controversial" at times, in this topic he simply said:
Quote (nivasan6)

to which u "LOL'd" at.

i think he made a very valid and quite frankly, accurate assessment. i dont think that deserved a lol at all. of course we dont know what maps will be like in R3 for sure, so its mere speculation. but assuming they are indeed much smaller than in BF3, i think his point is completely accurate. games with smaller maps call for individual skill. most likely the guy with good reflexes/aiming alone can outgun ppl and survive. niva was not attacking you for saying that smaller maps require less teamwork. but i think its pretty obvious thats the case in just about every FPS game. smaller maps mean there is less room to move, in essense removing part of the strategy. well just take Nuketown for an extreme example. teamwork is absolutely not required in order to do well here, as both of us know from experience. as he said, big maps require that players work together (team spawning, rolling together, giving cover fire, advancing to certain points, etc.) so that you are not forced to start back at the distant spawn point or be too spread out. as in real life, there is often safety in numbers (though obviously not grouping up too tight like dumdums for an easy multi-kill). the fact that COD-type games have become so popular only contributes even more to the selfish, single-player mentality even when playing team games.

this is why i like Battlefield so much. it makes me realize these games are not just about myself. i actually care about winning now, though i hardly ever did in COD because i know i was selfish then, as were 75%+ of my teammates just trying to get killstreaks, spinning quickscopes or whatever. i really did enjoy playing COD games and the feel of "killing for sport". but now i really think the games are ridiculous seeing what its like playing together with ppl for the common good of the team, pushing for the objective, giving each other supplies/healing/spotting, verbal commands. even if COD had dedicated servers, i wouldnt trade in BF for that again. they really are not comparable. i joined random teams last night, and every time ppl would say "who needs a medic?" "who needs ammo?" "who needs a repair?" i mean really. since when has anyone said "who needs [insert something useful]?" in a COD game? there is no support, there is no coordination, there is no comraderie, there is no caring for anything but yourself. there is no purpose other than to just kill. sure, top players may band together, but thats not really a "team" more than its just a pub-raping party of 6 individuals with similar skills. they dont need to work together, but their skill x 6 just ensures complete annihilation and, yes, a win.

so back to maps. i think its completely accurate to say that small maps call for individual skills, whereas big maps call for teamwork. not much to argue against that logic. (can a team work together in small maps? maybe, but from experience that is not necessary as niva said. a single player can dominate with superior skills. or several individual players on a "team" can do their own thing to pwn the opposition. can an individual do well on a big map? of course, but they may not be helping their team or getting the win by playing for themselves. in order to win, they need to work together.)

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Battlefield » Battlefield 3
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024