Check this out, it looks amazing.

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 27/January/2011, 10:27:16 PM | Message # 2
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
Looks MEH!

AlucardDate: Friday, 28/January/2011, 5:12:40 PM | Message # 3
Colonel
Group: Moderators
saw the video yesterday. i jizzed my pants. hope its good because its the actual SOCOM dev team(on the ps2) making this i believe. i loved socom2 campaign and online MP(for the brief instances) i played when i was younger. R:FoM was the following online MP i played lol happy

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 28/January/2011, 5:57:48 PM | Message # 4
Our Sexy Leader
Ok. What looks good about it? I just saw dudes lined up on two sides shooting at each other...

KuzuDate: Friday, 28/January/2011, 8:15:12 PM | Message # 5
The Clan Elder
Quote (redhamuSLA)
Ok. What looks good about it? I just saw dudes lined up on two sides shooting at each other...

+1

lol. its kinda funny. i think we all have different tastes (durr) and we all know red likes run gun playstyles best. i for one, actually like drawn-out battles; 2 sides taking cover and shooting long distances instead of just twitch shooting. but this looks... so simple.

the thing i dont get about SOCOM, is the commands and strategy part. its basically like, if ur NOT in a party of organized ppl, what the hell is the point of playing since if the other team IS, u are abso-fucking-looootely screwed. right?

i like the idea behind these more tactical approaches. but i dont think it suits having an average gamer just going online. sure, i know the opposite is also true of CallofDoooty games. anyways, its all about timing. and if i play KZ3 im not getting a new game so soon after, unless the one i have absolutely sucks or the other is completely awe-inspiring, which doesnt seem to be.

nivasan6Date: Sunday, 30/January/2011, 1:23:39 PM | Message # 6
Major general
Alu, it is made by ZIPPER; the same people who started the franchise. I too loved SOCOM, though I never played 2; I have 3 and I used to play that a lot.

Kuzu, SOCOM is anything but simple, but I understand where you're going about needing the people on your team to be able to comply directions. It would be a fun game for the clan.

AlucardDate: Monday, 31/January/2011, 7:49:41 PM | Message # 7
Colonel
Quote (redhamuSLA)

lol to me its a next gen SOCOM 2: US Navy SEALs so me likey happy

other than that..... * shrugs *

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 29/March/2011, 6:05:05 PM | Message # 8
Major general
SOCOM 4 is bloody amazing!!

Alu, you'll be glad to hear that it's nothing alike to SOCOM: Confrontation, and it has aspects of SOCOM 2 in it as well.

There are vast amounts of weapons, and the game can be played anyway you want. If you care for team tactics than play modes that have classic SOCOM rules, if not there are plenty of options to make it similar to Uncharted or an fps.

I'm definitely getting it after playing a few matches in the beta. The beta goes live for everyone April 5, so be sure to check it out.

From the matches I played, I did terrible, but it was great fun. The recoil and sounds are top notch, the graphics are good considering how large the game is. The full game will support 32v32 and everything else under 32.

Message edited by nivasan6 - Tuesday, 29/March/2011, 6:16:42 PM

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 31/March/2011, 8:29:37 PM | Message # 9
Major general
Zipper will be making a huge patch when the game releases, and it is going to fix a lot of problems. The big one being the camera, as it is now, the camera is all up the people's asses, lol. But, they will be zooming it out.

I hope some of you actually pick this up too, it's really fun, and worth the purchase.

AlucardDate: Thursday, 31/March/2011, 10:18:14 PM | Message # 10
Colonel
ill get it eventually ^_-

nivasan6Date: Friday, 01/April/2011, 3:42:47 PM | Message # 11
Major general
lol, that's good to hear. This game does have some really nice clan features, the best on any console for that matter. Not only that, but Zipper usually has their servers up for a long time.

At least until then, I will be having fun and posting good stats too. I had a blast and posted some amazing stats for MAG; which by the way I was the only one in the clan to get MAG, *wink, wink*. Catching my drift there? I do a hell a lot better in games that the clan does not have/get, lol.

red, if you read that don't take it seriously, I was merely joking there, but it is true though, lol. I know you won't buy SOCOM 4, so I won't try and persuade you.

clan, I hope you guys try the open beta/multiplayer demo on April 5. I'm trying to force anyone to purchase the game, but at least try it out first. If the first SOCOM games put anybody off, this one makes SOCOM more accessible (not that it wasn't accessible before). They have a cover system, which is pretty stupid, but it makes it easier for people not used to SOCOM. With the cover system, it essentially plays out similar to Uncharted 2.

nivasan6Date: Sunday, 03/April/2011, 5:25:55 PM | Message # 12
Major general
Oh shit, can't edit after so many days past, damn.

"I'm trying to force anyone to purchase the game..."
I meant to say: I'm *not trying to force anyone to purchase the game.

duxy87Date: Monday, 04/April/2011, 11:58:07 AM | Message # 13
Major general
When does it say it will be released in aus niva? it still says TBA April... just curious

nivasan6Date: Monday, 04/April/2011, 1:32:43 PM | Message # 14
Major general
It supposedly comes out April 19th in the U.S, but in magazines that I get, it doesn't show it as a release date on their calendar. I'm guessing it's coming out on the 21st for Australia. Don't you guys usually get games a few days after the U.S release date granted the game is made by a U.S developer?

I'm guessing you're inquiring about the game release date and not the beta release date, right? If it's the beta release date, then you can just download it from the U.S store. The download itself is under 500mb, but once you start it you're going to have to download an update that is around 1.5-2gb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrJsQWtue7k&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CYv5sg4l5M&feature=related

Just a couple of videos, that I thought were decent. This isn't how the game is going play when the full game arrives, but this is exactly how the beta will play. They are saving all the changes for the full game, and I don't believe that they have patched any version of the beta. I'm not a fan of the cover system, but the core game is fun. The cover system does "promote" camping, but they are easily flushed out with a grenade.

KuzuDate: Monday, 04/April/2011, 11:56:06 PM | Message # 15
The Clan Elder
watched the first clip. its hard for me to critique it, since i have little experience with 3PS, except RDR which is very different due to the nature of the game and casual mode. i will say it looks interesting. heck, any game with decent graphics and a good server which allows you to shoot military-style weapons has got my attention.

i did like one of the comments:
"this is Uncharted Mag of Duty" lol

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » SOCOM 4
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024