[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Crysis 2 - Page 4 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » Crysis 2
Crysis 2
duxy87Date: Sunday, 27/March/2011, 8:01:42 PM | Message # 46
Major general
Group: Moderators
Ah man, you told me you didn't have your game with you. Plus it was getting really late and had to go sleep..

Well I'm logged on now and see that you're playing. Maybe lets play a sqaud game together see how well we play together lol..

The power modules earned by racking up heaps of xp. Wheras armor and strealth modules is earned by how much you use both abilities through a game, through perks and activation. wink

redhamuSLADate: Sunday, 27/March/2011, 11:36:04 PM | Message # 47
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
dux: Lame we couldn't get any games in. And yeah, I didn't have my game, but came back to Tokyo with my PS3+monitor. LOL.

Kuz: Naw. Maybe 3 are available from the get-go. From there you have level up the different areas (Power, Stealth & Armor) in order to unlock the others. Good thing, though, is that the rest seem to be unlocked at level "6". From there you need to choose which to unlock, as you probably only have enough keys to unlock one new ability.

KuzuDate: Monday, 28/March/2011, 0:00:37 AM | Message # 48
The Clan Elder
thx guys.

Tracking info:

Mar 28, 2011 12:17:00 JP SUMIYOSHI-KU DELIVERED
Signed by: --------wifes family name Location: OFFICE

my god. Play asia is dope! they can track the package from HK all the way to my doorstep!! im online tonight brothas!!!!

KuzuDate: Monday, 28/March/2011, 0:26:44 AM | Message # 49
The Clan Elder
another question. weee!

if [visor tag] automatically tags enemies, does that mean u have the ability to manually tag enemies?
if so, how? and what happens?
if not, what does the tag do anyway?

- in BFBC2 when u 'spot' and mark an enemy (select button) an orange triangle will be seen over that player's head, making it very easy to track them. u can see i did this a few times, and got kills through bushes because the enemy was marked.

duxy87Date: Monday, 28/March/2011, 7:40:37 AM | Message # 50
Major general
Yeah was such a pity red. But I take it that they havent established japanese servers for party system yet...

Quote (Kuzu)
if [visor tag] automatically tags enemies, does that mean u have the ability to manually tag enemies?
if so, how? and what happens?
if not, what does the tag do anyway?

great question kuz... and this is an area that not many utilize in games.

Up d-pad puts you into visor mode. Here, you are unable to use weapons, run etc. Once you see an enemy in sight press the square button over him and he will be marked with a red triangle over his head. And will last approx 10 seconds with this on. Also, players nearby tagged enemies will have a red glow (as well as red triangle on top of head). Good tactic for any team. And its the least snipers can do for their team-mates other then sit at some point cloaked for the whole match.

Just a pity that not many use this tool..

OK so here is another DUXY 'inside knowledge' of my top and useful modules from each area:

Armor:
Energy transfer - Can't express enough how useful this perk is. Kill someone, fill energy, cloak or armor. Rinse n repeat.

Stealth:
Tracker - With the pace of how fast players can run and dodge as well as cloak, this is awesome to hunt down nearby players.

Power:
Retriever - saves you running to killed enemies corpse to pick up their dog tag to add to your KS.

duxy87Date: Monday, 28/March/2011, 7:40:50 AM | Message # 51
Major general
And here are my set custom classes as of level 28:

1.Assault (All rounder type class)

-SCAR: standard iron sights, ext mags, special camo (from limited edition box)
-AY69(machine pistol): supressor, ext mags
-EXPLOSIVE: M17 Frag grenade
-ARMOR: Threat Tracer
-STEALTH: Tracker
-POWER: Weapon Pro

Comments: My go-to class for when I want to play standard style. Good mobility, good supporting modules. The scar is very reliable. Quick reloads and pick out enemy fire. Can win a game off this class if I have useless team-mates.

2. Titan (Heavy Operations)
-MK.60 MOD 0: Reflex scope, ext mags
-Hammer: laser sight, ext mags
-EXPLOSIVE: JAW (Rocket launcher)
-ARMOR: Armor Enhance
-STEALTH: Cloak Tracker or Air stomp
-POWER: Aim Enhance (less recoil ADS)

Comments: Big ass mofo with heavy machine gun. Noob you may think? Well, I use this to gun down enemies on hot streaks or just want to own multiple enemies grouped in one place (ext mags). Activiting armor most times is effective, as it draws enemies to start shooting at me, then you turn around and blast them knowing you have heaps of life from extra armor strength. JAW to use on ceph airship or flush out campers. Racked up some huge scores using this class.

3.Speedy
-K-Volt: Reflex, Ext mags
-AY69: ext mags
-EXPLOSIVE: M34 Flash (disrupts enemy nano energy to zero)
-ARMOR: Energy Transfer
-STEALTH: Blind Spot
-POWER: Mobility Enhance

Comments: Very good for being a prick. Emphasis on draining enemies' energy level, and suprise attacks. Mobility enhance allows me to sprint longer without consuming too much energy, and killing enemies with K-volt with flash grenade assists in disgruntling my victims energy level. Restock energy through killing victims with 'energy transfer' helps me cloak and sprint from a kill without anyone noticiting wtf happened LOL. A win for me, thankyou.

4.CloseQuarters
-Jackal: Reflex, ext mags
-Feline*: Supressor, ext mags
-EXPLOSIVE: M17 Frag Grenade
-ARMOR: Nano Recharge (rapid regen health)
-STEALTH: Jammer
-POWER: Loadout Pro: 2 primary weapons*

Comments: Really good for tight small maps (Impact map). Really effective when I use power slide combined when stealth. Get a couple of kills then escape whenever I can to regen health, then back into mahyem again. The second gun assists (with silence) to shoot enemies further away, and not showing up on radar.

5.Sniper
-DSG-1: Suppressed
-AY69: Suppressed, Ext mags
-EXPLOSIVES: M17 frag
-ARMOR: Proximity Alarm (sound notification when enemy nearby)
-STEALTH: Blind Spot
-POWER: Retriever

Comments: This is the typical scout class. Made specifically for stealth and to stay away from action as much as possible. I use visor to scan enemies to help teammates. Proximity to alarm me if nearby enemy approaching. Retriever to automatically get dog tags after I snipe them. All sniper shots are 2 kills, unless you HS them obviously. Will try and swap secondary weapon whenever I get a chance.

These classes work for me.. to my playing style. Can you see why I choose everything like this? Yes??? GOOD! smile

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 28/March/2011, 8:31:35 AM | Message # 52
Our Sexy Leader
Kuzu: Yes! Glad to hear you are going to be on tonight. Me too! Also, pre-guard yourself from some frustrations, as I have yet to have a 3-bar connection & mostly am at 1. I'm pretty sure this has to do with the J-version not being out
& will be fixed soon! (^_-)b

Dux: Good shit with the classes & the explanations! I got to level 16 this morning...maybe? LOL. I'll try & catch up. I need new shit!

KuzuDate: Monday, 28/March/2011, 9:23:50 PM | Message # 53
The Clan Elder
nice duxer! very helpful stuff. i will definitely use some of those as reference points. i like the way u think and the reasons for the picks. i fiddled with a few perks/abilties myself so now im able to understand stuff much better.

visor tag is basically exactly what is in BFBC2, which is a vital tactic in that game. i always tagged enemies (since it was just one button and u didnt need to switch out of weapon mode) but its definitely not something u can do in Cry2 for most classes except sniper/long-scopers. visor enhance might be very helpful, since i often see guys cloaking just outside my range. in BFBC2, tagging is a must for yourself (u can see ppl behind bushes, see where they hide and then pop out, or see them way off in the distance). obviously also good for ur team (so they can take em out easily). dog tags are also taken from BFBC2. i like how this game took the best parts, seriously!

question: where is the red-dot sight?? i have unlocked 3 sights for the scar. ive used reflex, but it seems to be just iron sights and a green-ish dot on the iron tip! huh? havent used assault scope, but since that is 3x i assume its the one with red crosshairs, ala ACOG. the laser scope is a laser; kinda fun but its like having tracer ability giving away your position! lol. but i have picked up other ppls fully auto AR (may not have been a scar, but most likely was) and it had a clear guard plate and red-dot. do i need to unlock it later on? im at level 10 i think.

at this point i would say my most useful perk, by far, is armor enhance. guys, i dunno what it is, but im doing abso-freaking-lutely horrible... my "power" KD is something like 0.40 or something! im assuming that means KD with non-suit, normal weaponry. my "stealth" KD is like 8-9 for 0.9KD. but then my "armor" KD is about 1.9... i just find this very strange, that i could be so bad at standard gunfights. but if the stats dont lie, im going to keep exploiting/relying on my armor enhance ability. verrrry slow drain on armor. sometimes i keep it on and dont even realize its draining. great for long gunfights, a safety net, and having it active for twice as long. once upgraded, can move faster with armor on as well, which is very helpful.

recoil/view obstruction: as with BFBC2, i find it very hard to kill ppl with iron sight guns. i will ADS on the guys chest/neck, but once i start firing i cant see anything. obviously im looking for the red outline indicating the enemy, but i just lose track of him so quickly. i know lag is one thing, but its not even that. i just cant see shit. in BFBC2 i almost always burst fire with any gun unless shooting from the hip. are u guys going full auto or burst on guys in mid-range, straight-up gunfights? for the life of me i cant kill at this very standard range, something i thought i could do in COD games.

ive yet to use anything but the Scar, but knowing me ill pick up the M60 very soon since im a big LMG fan/noob. i got on the mounted guns a few times and racked up a mini-killstreak. they are damn powerful, just like in BF, but ur also a sitting duck (almost mispelled it as "dick"). oh they are also spot on accurate. i was on (pier 17?) with mall, tiny harbor and i could shoot across the map very accuarately. u can also ADS in with red-dot, but even the standard is very accurate.

i usually dont get that excited over sci-fi stuff... but the stuff in this game is freaking awesome!!
Predator --> cloak (exactly the same), nano vision (OMG YES!!! not useful but so cool!!! always wanted to have this thermal vision in a game), laser sight (a full on laser extending from your player to whereEVER u aim it. pretty fresh)
Total Recall --> hologram (very very cool abillity having your holographic clone run out in the battelfield)

very excited about this game. but also very hard for me. my controller? my aim? past my prime? the fall of Kuzu into noobism? anyways, its fun and very intense. rawwr.

duxy87Date: Monday, 28/March/2011, 10:30:18 PM | Message # 54
Major general
Quote (Kuzu)
i got on the mounted guns a few times and racked up a mini-killstreak. they are damn powerful, just like in BF, but ur also a sitting duck (almost mispelled it as "dick"). oh they are also spot on accurate. i was on (pier 17?) with mall, tiny harbor and i could shoot across the map very accuarately. u can also ADS in with red-dot, but even the standard is very accurate.

Kuz you do know you can pick detach the mounted gun pressing R3 i think, and walk around with it. You will be as slow as a turtle but since you're having enhanced armor on this could be something you should consider doing..

And in regard to red dot sight. It's there. REFLEX. Perhaps you just didn't realise you didn't have it equiped or something.

And kuz, I know it may be hard to get a grip on things.. But this game emphasies that you really need skill to play, and that is the beauty of it all.. All the new players i've come up against are suffering I can see. They see me, then I cloak and run zig zag around them, they shoot blankly spinning in circles, and I pop them from behind.

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 29/March/2011, 0:00:55 AM | Message # 55
The Clan Elder
Quote (duxy87)
Kuz you do know you can pick detach the mounted gun pressing R3 i think, and walk around with it.

i remember u saying this before, but i completely forgot when i was playing. remind me again! lol

Quote (duxy87)
And in regard to red dot sight. It's there. REFLEX. Perhaps you just didn't realise you didn't have it equiped or something.

dunno. i assumed the reflex was red dot, but i never see the dot nor the clear guard. weird...

Quote (duxy87)
And kuz, I know it may be hard to get a grip on things.. But this game emphasies that you really need skill to play...

lol u just called me skill-less! F-you! no jk. i know there are alot of elements to the game. still think maybe my sensitivity is a bit high, as i seem to overshoot sometimes. yet i went down to 20 in-game...

lets try to party up soon. id like to do some crash site if thats ok. objective is fun.

duxy87Date: Tuesday, 29/March/2011, 0:43:32 AM | Message # 56
Major general
hahaha..im not calling u skill-less, noob!.. It Will take patience playing this game to perform well, but i'm sure you will get the hang of things like always kuz style.

Yeah get some games in tonight hopefully smile

redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 29/March/2011, 3:21:33 AM | Message # 57
Our Sexy Leader
Gyeah, red-dot is the "reflex" sight. You just didn't have it equipped.

In tdm, are you guys coming up against many people using silencers?

Dux, how's the last AssRifle? Can it be silenced?

It fucking sucks that I can't join up. It must be my "unknown" NAT type fucking things up. (>_<) I really want to see something other than 1-bar!

Oh. I had a 25-2 FFA win R&Ging with the K-volt that was DOPE. Wish I could have recorded it. All of my suit transitions, movement & decisions were on point! Almost forgot...the highlight must have been the two pistol-active fist beatdowns in order to get my Ceph cuz my K-volt didn't have any ammo left. Yes!

P.S. Either of you guys killed someone with a car yet? That shit is hilarious. Just get right up behind a regular car & it'll prompt you to press R3. The dude kicks the shit out it. LOL.

duxy87Date: Tuesday, 29/March/2011, 11:13:52 AM | Message # 58
Major general
The last Assault Rifle red does have silencer attachement, can't shoot for shit long range though lol...

Yeah man, hope you get your connection issues sorted out. Kuzu and I have had a string of games just before. Would've been nice to have you too by our sides..

Get some more recording done boy!!

I havent done the car kill yet, but it's happened to me on a couple occasions sad

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 29/March/2011, 8:05:07 PM | Message # 59
The Clan Elder
game is getting frustrating.
A: i suck and/or B: connections suck

the only 2 times i was host, i went 14-9 TDM w/dux. and 25-13 in FFA.
those were my best scores last night, and had plenty of negative KD games. so im not sure im feeling this game like i thought i would. probably need to stop running around thinking i can outgun ppl, since theres no way i can. would like to unlock the reflex or ACOG for the sniper rifle; i think that would be fun and suits me.

no car kills or deaths. i constantly get stabbed in the neck from behind even though i hardly ever stay still. that when i was using blindspot all the time as well. i just have some kind of homing beacon on my throat i guess. trying to cloak it up alot more now, so now im dying more from lack of juice and lack of armor. meh.

i guess i just suck with these weapons. cant keep my aim steady when firing full auto. maybe i should try the recoil perk. just got the energy transfer perk, and it was good (when i had a good game) but pointless when i do poorly (most cases) since u have to kill in order for it to reap benefits. i need to just stick with noob perks.

no rage quitting yet, but am getting slightly aggravated so i hope i can find something rewarding to cool me down.

AlucardDate: Tuesday, 29/March/2011, 11:11:32 PM | Message # 60
Colonel
lol sorry im late. didnt see this in the "Others" section and thank you kuzu and duxy for saving me the trouble of looking for this info myself. game looks good. from wut i saw from red's 2 videos? the game looks pretty balanced. so im sold and no 1 hit melee kills(besides a stealth kill), right?

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » Crysis 2
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024