[BS!]theBeardedSquirrels!
Main | Crysis 2 - Page 5 - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » Crysis 2
Crysis 2
KuzuDate: Tuesday, 29/March/2011, 11:51:47 PM | Message # 61
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
game is balanced. or u could call it complicated. lol yah there are alot of factors to take into consideration. for me (could be my controller) i feel the game mechanics are very fast. just moving the player is cool cuz u can jump higher, longer, power slide, and kick cars. then u get to mix that with using stealth or armor, and u can play with so many options/tactics. i still play it mostly like a regular FPS, which is why i get my ass handed to me. when i cloak, i can stay undetected sometimes and spot a guy running near me, but by then hes moving so fast; i put some bullets in him, he cloaks, then i cant find him after the recoil settles. thats actually a very typical encounter for me. maybe i should try the cloak tracker; might help spot them easier.

but yah, so many cool things about the game. even if im not doing well, and no matter what i say (mostly just disappointed in myself) i do like this game. it offers alot of variety and very good gameplay. hate the fucking connection, as with any COD game though...

yep takes 2 (sometimes 3?) melees to kill. but to be honest, you can punch SOOOO funking fast. the time it takes to do 2 quick jabs to the face is about as long as a COD knife lunge. 2 punches is a good idea for sure, but even then its pretty easy to pull them off.

if u like any of these, or all of them, u will probably like Cry2:

HALO: power suits, sci-fi perks (stealth, armor, air stomp, etc) are similar
COD: most of the basic structure is similar. game mechanics, ranking, perks, streaks, attachments, custom classes, they took the best parts and left out the shitty exploits
BFBC2: dogtags, spot/marking
KZ: sci-fi/old school FPS mix, sounds (kill "chirp" is nearly identical), voices, explosions seem influenced
Predator movie: stealth + infrared vision... omg so cool. then theres the fully extending laser sight, just like in movies.

duxy87Date: Wednesday, 30/March/2011, 4:50:22 AM | Message # 62
Major general
Group: Moderators
Yeah i know how it can get frustrating at times kuz. I still struggle to find guys who cloak after i spotted them. Or specailly when you sneak up behind someone to do a stealth kill and someone else spots you and kills ya.

But all I can say is to just persist and you eventually understand why this game is so unique. Using different tactics, strategies, manouvers, and skill level all contribute to being successful...

Finding what works well with you is what you should stick to first. But I think that you need to use stealth more kuz-utilizing this can really assist in surviving much longer...

There's often times which I yell out where did death come from or how the hell I didn't pop that guy from point blank range bla bla.. But in the end, I accept dying those ways cause I exposed myself at the wrong time. It's a mix of skill and luck.

Bottom line, I've learn to cope with how this game is meant to be played and I appreciate the style in it's approach to MP experience.

KuzuDate: Thursday, 31/March/2011, 10:58:40 PM | Message # 63
The Clan Elder
heres to hoping that us J-folks can connect to J-hosts starting from today! red how can u pull off such a high KD on these connections? im just in awe, honestly.

and here is a wikia site. not the greatest, but they do have overhead maps:
http://crysis.wikia.com/wiki/Crysis_2_Multiplayer

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 01/April/2011, 0:47:50 AM | Message # 64
Our Sexy Leader
So, this game is RAD.  I love it.  Some things that piss me off, however, are:

1.  The lag.  Hosts are absolute gods, if they are actually decent players.  Please god let the J-servers rock!

2.  One fight that I ALWAYS lose, & thus have to really stop myself from engaging in them, is the Cloaked vs Cloaked melée fight.  Goddamn that engagement pisses me off.  It's already an auto-lose cuz of my connection, but I can never seem to de-cloak before hitting, resulting in a complete suit energy drain & absolutely no way to win the shoot-out that follows both of our wiffs.  Fuuuuck.

3.  Sometimes I swear I've transitioned into 'MAXIMUM ARMOR', start firing, but get a flash & the accompanying full suit drain, instead.  Mad frustrating!

Things that need to be changed:

1.  KS's stack, if you've got Retriever.  Even the Ceph counts towards your next killstreak, if used after you die & make sure you've gone in with a class equipped with Retriever.  WTF.  It would be much better if KS tags could not be retrieved.  

I haven't seen many people exploit this yet, but I can see it happening REAL quick...especially on J-servers.  It's a bit difficult for me to get this going cuz of the lag, but I would have been doing from day 1, if I could have.  It's something that I tested the first time I got a streak with Retriever available.

2.  Host god status.  THIS game, if the connections stay the same could really use the anti-host system from BLOPS.  If they work with the net code or whatever, disregard. 

I think that's all I've got so far...

Kuzu:  Dude.  Thx, but I really feel like I could at least 3.5 kdr this game, if not 4.  Not being arrogant or anything.  It's just that the tools this game give me are absolutely awesome & only enhance what I feel like I can already do.  

Some things that I was telling Alu yesterday, as he was getting started with the game (just in case you don't do them & I'll cover all the bases, just to make sure)...

De-cloak as you are power-jumping & re-cloak as your character pulls himself up over the ledge.  This will save a bunch of suit energy, as the alternative drains HELLA.  

Go from place to place cloaked & hide to recharge, if you haven't come across anyone, & then move on with your full or partially charged suit.  Suit energy & advantage are directly related & in BIG way, IMO.

When you kill in CQB, re-cloak immediately unless another engagement is happening & gtfo.  Re-charge/reload elsewhere.

Always reload cloaked.   

Use your height advantage.  This goes without saying for any shooter, but also remember that delivery trucks & the like give your ring-around-the-rosie CQB street-level battles an advantage if your opponents are stupid (which many of them will be).          

The number 1 player on the leaderboards for kills (if you stake much in them especially with the lag problems & every time I played against him he was either host or 3-bar) says that as of now his "go-to" class in FFA consists of:

Feline/SCAR
Energy Transfer
Cloak Enhance
Retreiver

...just to give some additional insight.  Mine would probably be the same, but my SCAR loadout has Nano cuz I'm working on it.  My Feline loadout is the same.  My shotty loadout has Mobility Enhance, however.  I feel like I'm going to be close to my opponent, so I'll be able get my own tags.    

KuzuDate: Friday, 01/April/2011, 3:02:46 AM | Message # 65
The Clan Elder
red - nice info and good stuff to keep in mind. since i cant offer any tangible advice, ill give u guys something i AM good at; research!! stat tips taken from DenKirson's site:
------------------------
"Nano Vision's thermal may light up fires (ie. shots fired) at an infinite distance, but it only will begin to show the heat off of players within 30m." cloaked players can be seen in that 30m, but only a very faint blue.

"Melee does 62 damage.Slide-kicking is also 62 dmg" (therefore 2 jabs to kill at full strength, 3 if enemy has armor on)

Armor mode reduces damage impact for most guns to 65% (except sniper rifles/kvolt which still deal 100% dmg & hammer/majestic/grendel deal 80% dmg).

"The single fire mode has more recoil. " (but they deal significat dmg increases. differs for each gun. see chart)

"Nano Recharge sounds ok, but the best part about it is that you can level it up without equipping it. smile If you read the description, it doesn't say you need to equip it, and amazingly enough, you don't."

"Jackal/Marshall" (shotties) spread is reduced to 0.25x when using point fire module" put the jackal on single fire with this perk for 32dmg x 7 buckshot and it should rule (for shotty peeps). if ppl find this out, it may even be patched since its almost an "akimbo 1887 shotgun" type of exploit, minus the range.

"Silencers have no effect on player movement speed, hip or zoomed."

"The under barrel launchers/shotguns have a 0.6 move speed when you zoom in with them, but they don't affect the player's move speed when using the rifle itself."

"When you score a headshot, is it 2.2x damage, then 0.65x if the target is in armour mode....so the end result will be a 1.43 multiplier for a headshot."
in other words: weapons w/ 35+ = 2 HS, 34-24 = 3 HS (compared to 2 if he didnt switch armor on), 23-18 = 4 HS

"Speed (sprinting) will boost the player's forward speed to 1.8x."

"Stealth uses 5 energy pts when standing still, and up to 15 if sprinting full speed. Armor drains between 2-7 depending on movement"

"Armor decreases movement speed to 80%." (but with armor enhance II, will be boosted to 105%. therefore, with this perk u could actually sprint *faster* with armor on, and since u have 50% reduction in energy drain, u can sprint w/armor on for twice as long!

"The Spread of a weapon has both a maximum and minimum, both reduced by a 0.8 multiplier when crouching."

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 02/April/2011, 1:49:42 AM | Message # 66
Our Sexy Leader
Kuzu:  Thanks for putting that information up.  It's definitely good to know damages, especially armor changes that aspect of the game.  All of the info is important, these were the things that hit me first & that I wanted to talk about... 

K-volt can definitely be annoying to play against.  It's not so much the guns damage, but more the fact that it drains your suit completely.  This leads to absolute vulnerability & if anyone was watching, you are most likely a dead man.

I didn't know that the slide could actually count as a kick, let alone do damage.  Good stuff.  Actually, I've yet to utilize it offensively.  I worked with it a bit in a private game last night, trying to rewire my brain for the inputs & stuff.  I'll keep at it. 

Thanks for the Nano Recharge information.  I had no idea!  I'm glad I don't have to waste more time with it equipped.  (^_-)b

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 02/April/2011, 8:19:55 PM | Message # 67
Our Sexy Leader
You tried the Feline (reflex, suppressor & ext mags) much, Kuzu? Wait. Can you even put ext mags on the Feline? I can't remember. Either way, it seems to negate lag a bit more than the other guns, IMO. I also tend to have great success with the SCARAB (reflex, suppressor & ext mags) for greater distance engagements. Try them out, if you haven't already.

"ashmanjp" confirmed 4-3 bar connections for every game on the J-version of the game, last night. I'm going to pick it up this evening & see for myself. He said the entire lobby was like that. I can't even imagine what the game will be like without significant lag. I can't wait!

edit: Wow.  I just left Akiba & Crysis 2 was sold out everywhere.  Granted, I didn't check Game Hollywood, but I'm not paying whatever those guys are charging as I know it's astronomical.  I guess I'll have to wait another day to know the glory of this game with a 3-4 bar connection.  There's a Yodobashi near my work, so I'll be checking it tomorrow!

AlucardDate: Sunday, 03/April/2011, 2:17:56 PM | Message # 68
Colonel
ugh....so my experience with this game has been like this.

Held a 2 kdr my first day, 1.5 kdr the second and after that ive almost gone every game with negative kdr's. i dont know wuts the problem. havent changed my play style since day 1. im gonna keep at it even with the frustrations of always being shot in the back.

managed a 2 kdr once i started using aim enhance but everything went to shit again after a couple of games lol as of now im rolling with the scar with reflex sight and hologram attachments i forget my perks ATM

edit*
just realized that i can unlock the feline. last game i went 25 - 4 in a FFA happy

Message edited by Alucard - Sunday, 03/April/2011, 6:15:13 PM

KuzuDate: Sunday, 03/April/2011, 8:04:01 PM | Message # 69
The Clan Elder
red: if u didnt say that the JP version would get us good connections, i was about to sell my Asian copy and give up on this game. in fact, i got really put off by this turn of events, and the last couple of games ive bought. i was in such an "anti-gaming" mood last night, even though i had "free time" from about 9pm, i didnt turn on my PS3 but instead watched Total Recall on Tv for like the 17th time. i guess i might get the JP version, since the few games i had a good connection with my shots go on target, and i can see the full potential and fun factor of the game. but TBH im not in a rush. i really cant be bothered to go down to DenDen town and spend an hour searching for the game that will likely be sold out anyway.

redhamuSLADate: Sunday, 03/April/2011, 11:44:19 PM | Message # 70
Our Sexy Leader
Alu:  Sometimes the game just rolls that way.  Be adaptive, though.  There have been many matches where a change up mid-game in loadout/guns has resulted in a massive comeback & win for me.  

My two "go-to" guns are the SCARAB & Feline.  I've got both equipped with with reflex, suppressor & ext mags.  Naturally, they are used for long range & short range maps, respectively.  I can't speak for the pump-action shotty (forget it's name) because it's impossible to use on 1-bar.  As it is, it usually takes like 4-6 shots with the Jackal to take someone down for me.  LOL. You are using the single-shot attachment for the pump-action?  What Kuzu mentioned about it made the SKILLGUN Whore in me all excited & stuff.  Oh & my load-out for both of those guns is: Energy Transfer, Cloak Enhance & Retriever.  

Also, it may be common sense, but stay out of the middle of the map in FFA.  

The first day did you primarily play the Recruit FFA's?

Kuzu:  I actually got the 3-4 bar J-version information FROM 'ashmanjp', not through 'Goodie'.  Either way, I'll let you know once I can get my hands on a J-copy.  Hmm... I wonder if I can even continue using 'kakapoopoodoodoo', if I change up the disk/region.  We'll see.    

LOLZ. I played two games last night, couldn't stand the lag, logged off & went to sleep early. So, I know how you feel, bro. Shit is mad frustrating.

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 04/April/2011, 2:55:41 AM | Message # 71
Our Sexy Leader
J-version acquired!

duxy87Date: Monday, 04/April/2011, 12:00:36 PM | Message # 72
Major general
Quote (redhamuSLA)
J-version acquired!

Does this mean we can finally party up together????

PLEASE LET IT BE LOL

KuzuDate: Monday, 04/April/2011, 7:53:54 PM | Message # 73
The Clan Elder
i traded my Asian copy for a Japanese copy. dude said hes sending it this morning! just about the perfect scenario to come out of some crappy turn of events.

oh and Dux: now that we have the J version, its almost guaranteed that we WONT be able to play together... i tried conencting to a guy with the J version and it said versions were incompatible. but who knows, the patches may/may not fix this in time...

duxy87Date: Monday, 04/April/2011, 10:23:11 PM | Message # 74
Major general
Quote (Kuzu)
now that we have the J version, its almost guaranteed that we WONT be able to play together

that's shithouse!!!!

KuzuDate: Monday, 04/April/2011, 11:45:23 PM | Message # 75
The Clan Elder
although, there is always hope my web-footed friend:

The 1.02 patch for the US version is the same "1.1.1.6007" build of the 1.02 patch for the JP version. I was able to connect to Japanese players...
(taken from GaijinGamers)

which version do u have anyways, Duxorama?

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » Crysis 2
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024