nivasan6Date: Monday, 18/April/2011, 12:44:03 PM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Moderators
Just some new information regarding multiplayer:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011....etailed

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 05/July/2011, 11:39:37 AM | Message # 16
Major general
I still can't believe that the Uncharted 2 beta was actually good unlike this. But, anyway I recently got into Hardcore mode, and it's my favorite thus far. If any of you are online and I don't join up, it's because I will be playing Hardcore. The game feels good without all those pesky boosters and kickbacks.

As I said before as soon I reach 25 I'm done, but it's also kind of silly since I said that I won't be playing Uncharted 3 multiplayer when the game comes out. I just like getting bonuses, lol.

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 06/July/2011, 4:04:17 AM | Message # 17
Lieutenant general
Quote (Alucard)
they should put up my clips!

Submit that shit, dude!

Uncharted 3 Tips, Tricks, & Advice!

(Alot of this may be recycled info from UC2 as many techniques from there still exist in some form, or are identical, here in UC3.)

-Health has returned to to 1.04 UC2 levels. As such, people can take a decent amount of punishment before going down. That being said, it can be difficult to quickly finish an enemy that is about to leave your line of sight. If you're not certain you can finish them before they get away, it's probably better to leave them alone. To be clear, this applies only to people who are unaware of your presence & a good distance from you. This leads into...

-Be cautious of chasing. With cover & nades & weakened enemy can sometimes get the best of you. Be wary of the nade drop. Take corners wide, or if possible avoid them entirely; climb something instead. This assumes the guy is decent though.

-If attacked & weak, simply do what you can to survive & avoid. Roll, jump, enter buildings, climb crates... w/e. If chased, do what is possible to outmaneuver them, its not hard. Blindfire can really shine when chased, esp if you can manage to take cover behind a low wall. The baddie, overconfident, will get ripped up if he approaches too close. Just make sure you aren't 'too' weak, & you use a high ROF weapon. Micro, AK, even PARA 9 can work. Just nothing like G-MAL, Dragon Sniper.

-The way the gunplay works in this game it can be hard to come out on top if you've a got a health disadvantage in CQC shootouts, so avoid straight fighting when possible. The exception to the rule is when you can manage to get a sizable drop on the guy before he notices. This is another way chasers can work in your favor; they'll be entering the area blind.

-Blindfire has a very strict radius tolerance (within 2-3 character's width worth) & the closer the more effective. But, vertical range is quite great. dropping from above & on top on an enemy blindfiring can be very practical.

-Use the environment to your advantage. For example, if the enemy lacks an accurate weapon like the G-MAL, hangshooting can be effective in covering most of your body.

-Don't sprint around corners.

-Nade drop still works, though not as effectively as they're using the post-patch nade nerfing here. It works best on guys that attempt to punch you. Take the punch & drop at their feet. No aimed nade (L1+L2) or nade lob (hold L2) required. Just tap L2. Least effective on people trying to blindfire you, as they still move at normal speed and aren't locked into the animation. to get these guys you'll need to drop in their path, but you'll get alot more 'nade staggers' than actual kills much of the time. Be ready to finish em off w/ your gun.

-If you get into a shootout w/ another under cover (RHYME!) expect the tossing of the nades. Don't stand too close to the edge, & be ready to evade.

-Kickoff still has priority over pulldown, but the Beta has been a bit wonky w/ it so far. (you often pull a what I like to call a 'redham' & just whiff at the air instead of kicking the guys off more often than not as it stands right now.) ^_-

-The "drop-climb-pull" trick is still in. Bait potential "gonna kick you off" guys, drop, watch em whiff, then climb, grab. The punching animation is so long & they are locked during it, so it's very easy to execute. Against better players who are aware of this trick, its safer to toss a nade right at the edge; you'll get a slight bounce, & it will fall right off the side, killing any climbers.

-Try to predict enemy rolls. Typically, I can get off 2 G-MAL bursts before the guy acknowledges, & attempts to roll. While 2 direct G-MAL bursts will kill, you often need a third, (typically if they're running side to side) & either holding your shot till he gets back up, (when an enemy gets up from a roll, they don't get much speed; are easier to hit than usual) or just aiming lower. This isn't really much of an issue unless you're almost empty, or the guy will successfully escape around a corner if the next shot is botched, but I think its worth pointing out.

Message edited by Guzman - Wednesday, 06/July/2011, 4:18:12 AM

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 06/July/2011, 4:04:27 AM | Message # 18
Lieutenant general
-If you need to change weapons under fire, roll & hit left/right D-Pad. It's the safest way to handle it.

-If in a shootout in an open area, & nearly all hope of winning is lost, start w/ a roll (& reload if needed) then jump wildly from side to side. Then 'when the time is right', (I can't explain when this is, you just need to get a feel for it) attack. If they are weakened you might get the best deal of taking him w/ you. Even better, if he stops shooting & reloads, STOP jumping & blast him. Depending on aim, health, etc, you just might get to come out of it alive. While this was incredibly effective in UC2, & it's been toned down alot here, it still has it's uses.

-Height is pretty much always advantageous, like in other games. Just be aware of your surroundings & try to have possible escape routes available.

-Don't face turret users head on. Ever. I know you want to G-MAL em off the damn thing, (Not speaking from experience... >_<) but you'll lose 9 times outta 10. Go around them, or ignore them entirely if getting them off isn't crucial. If they are unaware, one of the most effective methods are nades, At least on Airstrip, where there are walls to easily bank nades off of. Dragon also works.

-Clip management can actually be a big deal, IMO. as enemies can absorb a generous amount of damage, you may need to reload after each kill, depending on weapon, & mods equipped. (AK47)
Others, depending on accuracy, you may get 2-3 outta them. (G-MAL) By clip management, I mean don't reload too soon, as the animation can be quite long, & there is no way to cancel it mid-fight. (I think, need to confirm..) By reloading too quickly, you may miss out on a potential kill or be killed needlessly. Another thing to look out for is if you begin to reload, & it is cancelled. (due to traversal, like jumping down from a high area) You may continue on thinking you're ready for the next engagement, when you're only packing a 1/2 clip.

-This might be me, but ZOOM the G-MAL at medium to long range. I get the feeling of far more stability when I do. In UC2, I almost never zoomed the FAL, unless it was *super* far, but here, I feel it benefits.

-Don't ignore the '3 medal pickup' chests. More medals = more kickbacks = more WIN.

-also regarding medals, be aware of 'what's available' so to speak, to you w/ any given class. Do what you can to earn medals, as you will again earn more kickbacks for use. For example, if you roll enough during a match, you'll earn the 'Dizzy' medal which'll contribute towards your kickback. Obviously don't tailor your entire game to earning assorted goofy medals, but it's useful as a guideline.

Boosters- For pure combat prowess, Weapon Expert coupled w/ Bargain is probably the way to go. A maxed Weapon Expert nets you 2 mods for both primary & secondary, while nearly eliminating weapon swap times. Bargain maxed reduces kickback cost by 2.

Kickbacks- For survivability, Smoke Bomb. Be trigger happy w/ it, & use it slightly before the point of no return. (Or immediately during double damage...) For FFA, Speedy G. Smoke Bomb will often remove you from the action, which can be an issue in a close game. Speedy G does the opposite, giving you the opportunity to quickly survey the area for those last required kills, while still allowing you to escape effectively, albeit not as well as Smoke Bomb. Cluster Bomb is probably best in OBJ gametypes, or certain maps in particular. (Chateau, Zip-Line room)

That's what I've got so far, though I feel as if I'm missing a TON...But, no worries, I'll add them as it comes to mind!

*PS: Niv, looking pretty damn snazzy in the KZ3 getup!

Message edited by Guzman - Wednesday, 06/July/2011, 4:19:00 AM

AlucardDate: Wednesday, 06/July/2011, 9:50:52 AM | Message # 19
Colonel
Quote (Guzman)

-Don't face turret users head on. Ever. I know you want to G-MAL em off the damn thing, (Not speaking from experience... >_<) but you'll lose 9 times outta 10. Go around them, or ignore them entirely if getting them off isn't crucial. If they are unaware, one of the most effective methods are nades, At least on Airstrip, where there are walls to easily bank nades off of. Dragon also works.

a magnum shot(enemy might have been weakened) through the slot and to the face of the enemy will take care of it as well ^_-

great tips, guz! i already use those strategies even though you cant really tell LOL

a minor tip not really useful to everybody but here it is. the militia man? kickback will reload your shotty back with 6 shots!! oh and it will also replenish the mag ammo to 8 bullets. militia man with the auto pistol or pistole is really fun as well.

* just read that theres a 1.02 patch and it was supposed to be in effect since yesterday. i read over the update but didnt really feel any of the changes. anyone else thought it played differently last nite?

Message edited by Alucard - Wednesday, 06/July/2011, 11:23:44 AM

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 06/July/2011, 11:46:24 AM | Message # 20
Major general
Thanks Guz, that's the shirt I told you and Marsh about smile

Alu, I didn't notice anything, other than it lagged more so than before. I never got a message telling me to update either, I believe the patch will go live today.

GuzmanDate: Thursday, 07/July/2011, 5:45:51 AM | Message # 21
Lieutenant general
Quote (Alucard)
a magnum shot(enemy might have been weakened) through the slot and to the face of the enemy will take care of it as well ^_-

Ah yeah, there's always that!

Quote (Alucard)
great tips, guz! i already use those strategies even though you cant really tell LOL

a minor tip not really useful to everybody but here it is. the militia man? kickback will reload your shotty back with 6 shots!! oh and it will also replenish the mag ammo to 8 bullets. militia man with the auto pistol or pistole is really fun as well.

Thanks dude. happy
& thanks for the tip on MM. Didn't know it replenished ammo. Just not having to reload seemed too circumstantial to make the kickback useful.

Bit late, but just for completions sake:

1.01 Patch Notes
1.02 Patch Notes
1.03 Patch Notes

Loss of stack-able kickbacks doesn't really bother me.

Message edited by Guzman - Thursday, 07/July/2011, 5:48:37 AM

GuzmanDate: Friday, 08/July/2011, 3:41:10 PM | Message # 22
Lieutenant general
1.04 Patch Notes (Exciting!)

nivasan6Date: Friday, 08/July/2011, 3:52:22 PM | Message # 23
Major general
So, now they're finally "patching" the "beta", when it's supposed to be the same thing as Uncharted 2. I like Naughty Dog a lot, and they are one of my favorite developers, but all of these patches are irrelevant, as they were supposed to be in the so-called beta in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I know what a beta is, and this is no beta, but a disguise. Remember all those "Lab Matches" in Uncharted 2? Well, those were implemented as they were trying new things for the Uncharted 3 multiplayer, in essence the Uncharted 3 multiplayer is supposed to be the same as Uncharted 2. As I said before they put together this mess just for those PS+ subscribers. I still strongly believe that when it was first available it was either an alpha or pre-alpha version of the game.

GuzmanDate: Friday, 08/July/2011, 4:32:15 PM | Message # 24
Lieutenant general
Quote (nivasan6)
As I said before they put together this mess just for those PS+ subscribers. I still strongly believe that when it was first available it was either an alpha or pre-alpha version of the game.

I dunno. I'm not a developer, but from what I know Alpha's have crippling problems that render the game unplayable.. I feel like it could be a late Alpha/Early Beta release.

Assorted UC3 Stuff-
-I'd like aiming speed to be increased, at least a little. When sniping, it can be difficult to follow a target, simply cuz the cross-hairs cant keep up. Or if some one is in close proximity to you. You can blindfire, sure, but in some situations I'd like to ability to manually aim, thanks.
-Weaken blindfire, at least in some scenarios? The main issue here, for me, is that its actually more powerful to BF than to ADS. Case in point, I ADSed a SAS-12 round into a guys back, but he survives. Blindfiring at a guy a bit further away renders a kill. I'm 95% sure they were both full health. A custom game option would be nice to test...

-I haven't given much love to Speedy G, but man, that shit's pretty awesome. All traversal is faster, not just running, & it makes you a strafing beast in gunfights. Popping it if you need to get somewhere quick, or are about to go toe to toe w/ multiple baddies, is sweet.
-When aiming any weapon, center the camera as best as you can before ADSing, as its faster. Make minor adjustments later. Even more minute adjustments can be made w/ the left stick, so you can kinda "strafe-move" into your shots. That's mainly referring to the G-MAL though.

-red, you were asking about turret overheat, & while they don't, they have limited ammo. Problem is, it's ~1000 or so, & I can't imagine ever running out. I'd say ~200 tops?

Message edited by Guzman - Friday, 08/July/2011, 4:46:00 PM

KuzuDate: Friday, 08/July/2011, 10:02:56 PM | Message # 25
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
i played this for a good hour or more last night. the game is interesting, but not my cup of tea. i know its a beta or pre-beta but im just not impressed by the graphics or character design. the constant jumping, climbing, rolling, and erratic moving is definitely different than most FPS out there. but TBH after i played this a bit it just made me want to play RDR, very badly. i did, and finally got in games with full rooms (not sure why i havent recently before). if u guys like UC, i really think u would have liked RDR. no perks, no advantages other than weapon differences, same mechanics, dozens and dozens of characters to choose from, wild-west shootouts, rolling/climbing, tomahawks, dynamite, mexican banditos, native american trackers, white trash, etc. but too late now.

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 09/July/2011, 8:09:45 AM | Message # 26
Our Sexy Leader
Quote (nivasan6)
But, anyway I recently got into Hardcore mode, and it's my favorite thus far. If any of you are online and I don't join up, it's because I will be playing Hardcore.

HOLY SHIT. I think this is the absolute first time Niva & I have seen eye to eye on something. Woooooo!!!

Quote (Kuzu)
the game is interesting, but not my cup of tea.

I challenge you, sir. I challenge you to play the game until the 13/14th, which is when the beta ends. I challenge you to put your all into it until then & try to get "good". Dominate the boards. Play with buddies. (*^_^*) I'll let it go once you can do this, if you still feel like it's not your 'cup of tea'.

Quote (Kuzu)
no perks, no advantages other than weapon differences

Play Hardcore TDM!

Quote (Guzman)
-Kickoff still has priority over pulldown, but the Beta has been a bit wonky w/ it so far. (you often pull a what I like to call a 'redham' & just whiff at the air instead of kicking the guys off more often than not as it stands right now.) ^_-

You motherfucker! LOLZ!

GuzmanDate: Sunday, 10/July/2011, 5:14:12 AM | Message # 27
Lieutenant general
Quote (redhamuSLA)
I challenge you, sir. I challenge you to play the game until the 13/14th, which is when the beta ends. I challenge you to put your all into it until then & try to get "good". Dominate the boards. Play with buddies. (*^_^*) I'll let it go once you can do this, if you still feel like it's not your 'cup of tea'.

This. No offense intended Kuzu, but I get the feeling that you're actively looking for a reason to dislike this game, why I dunno. Seriously though, just try it till the Beta expires, & if you don't like it that's absolutely fine. I played the BF2 beta for quite a while when it was available, & I'll do the same for BF3. Give it a fair shake.

Quote (redhamuSLA)
You motherfucker! LOLZ!

Gotta give cred where it's due, & I think you've come a long way. I'm so proud.. *Sniff*

Message edited by Guzman - Sunday, 10/July/2011, 5:14:53 AM

KuzuDate: Sunday, 10/July/2011, 9:19:13 AM | Message # 28
The Clan Elder
i know i just gave a quick reason which is not my full reasons for not liking it, but my initial impressions were that i was not "wowed"; this was my only main point. actually i came into the beta not expecting anything. but nothing gripped me about the game as very exciting. its not a FPS, which ive played in just about every game since the end of my ps2 days, so thats a biggie. the controls are not as fluid, the crosshairs just seem rudimentary, and the aiming just seems a little screwball compared to the only other 3PS that i know: RDR. i guess one thing that i wanted to say but didnt is that it didnt feel like a grown-up game. it seems like a watered down FPS meant for a younger, indiana-jones type crowd. that may sound messed up, but its just the feeling i got. to go a little further, the game feels and looks like resistance: retribution (psp) to me. i doubt many of u have even played that. i dont want to knock games that ppl like, so this is not my goal. if u guys like it, thats great, and i hope u enjoy it.

and guz, i dunno, i havent found satisfaction in a game for a while now. im trying to find something that appeals to me, but i guess im either a big complainer or i just have too high of a standard that nothing can match my criteria. i dont even know what it is that i want anymore.

redhamuSLADate: Sunday, 10/July/2011, 9:40:48 AM | Message # 29
Our Sexy Leader
(-. -;)

nivasan6Date: Sunday, 10/July/2011, 11:13:51 AM | Message # 30
Major general
red, we've seen eye to eye before especially on tactics and whatnot. But, yea hardcore mode is the best thing in Uncharted 3. I always have under 8 deaths in hardcore mode whilst average 15+ kills, whereas in the other modes I usually have the most deaths on the team, lol.

Kuzu, I have and completed Resistance Retribution, and Uncharted 3 does not look like that, lol. But, you are correct in your observations; maybe you should've played Uncharted 2 multiplayer when the game first came out because that game is far superior to RDR any day. I couldn't stand RDR multiplayer, it didn't feel natural or have a good flow for me. I did enjoy the single player experience, but could not get into the multiplayer.

P.S.
I'm getting really pumped for Resistance 3, yes, I know I've been "bashing" their direction and essentially the game, but I can't wait for it now. Good thing the beta starts soon.

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » Uncharted 3
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024