nivasan6Date: Monday, 18/April/2011, 12:44:03 PM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Moderators
Just some new information regarding multiplayer:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011....etailed

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 31/October/2011, 8:29:56 AM | Message # 136
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
Guz: Ever consider Resi 3? Give MW3 a go? I'm so damn disappointed in where ND have taken the game since the June beta. (>_<;) It has gone from the next big game since RFoM & a purchase from almost all our clan members to garbage that no one will even touch. Seriously, WTF.

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 01/November/2011, 1:59:53 AM | Message # 137
Lieutenant general
It's too late to get into R3, & while I 'could' get into & get better at the game, I really don't wanna. Just didn't click w/ me. As for MW3, who knows. I was/am adamantly against it, but to pass judgement before its out probably isn't fair.

Thing is, UC3 sucking, from the 'glass half full' perspective, isn't a bad thing. This'll sound especially bad coming from me, but honestly there are other things I need to do right now rather than spending alot of time engrossed in an MP game. Not to say I 'wanted' it to suck... Thanks ND!

Short Version: EH.

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 01/November/2011, 7:12:06 PM | Message # 138
Major general
I don't know if this is true or not, but judging from what you guys mentioned here regarding the changes it seems as if the campaign suffers from the changes. I have no idea if it's true or not, but my shots are not landing properly in the campaign. I'm aiming at their face, but it still misses them. Even body shots seem to ghost through them or go way off course. Other than that it's an enjoyable campaign as Uncharted games are known for.

Might I suggest Transformers War for Cybertron as an alternative. It's not as active as it once was, but it's a really fun game. Plus, Transformers are cool (only the original).

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 01/November/2011, 11:58:17 PM | Message # 139
Lieutenant general
Campaign Hit detection issues? LOL.

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 02/November/2011, 7:04:47 PM | Message # 140
Major general
I'm being serious. If I go back and play Uncharted Drakes Fortune or Uncharted 2 I will notice a huge difference in my efficiency with killing the enemies.

It is still a decent campaign, but it is also quite predictable.

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 02/November/2011, 7:53:01 PM | Message # 141
Lieutenant general
Ah, wasn't trying to be snide or anything; I believe you. I've been looking @ various forums & people are saying similar things to what you described, among other things. Shooting is crap, the SP sucks, is boring, 8 hours long, etc. Anyway, not to be a dick, but they screwed it up, so they deserve the criticism. Hmph!

(Though I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying it somewhat.. Hehe!)

Message edited by Guzman - Wednesday, 02/November/2011, 7:53:39 PM

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 03/November/2011, 2:21:53 AM | Message # 142
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
What ND did to the MP pushed me into a BF3 purchase. True story.

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 03/November/2011, 8:58:36 AM | Message # 143
Major general
All the Uncharted games had short campaigns, but they were all filled with great stories and atmosphere. That's the only reason why I like Uncharted is for the stellar campaigns. This year has not been good for me at all. It's been nothing but disappointment with games. inFAMOUS 2 was kind of disappointing, but still fun, Resistance 3 huge disappoint, and now Uncharted 3 is shaping up to be a disappointment as well unless the ending is amazing. I guess I should've set Resistance 3 aside and gotten Battlefield 3 instead. Though, I was disappointed with the beta of Battlefield 3 as it played too similar to BC2, lol.

GuzmanDate: Thursday, 03/November/2011, 5:45:36 PM | Message # 144
Lieutenant general
Quote (nivasan6)
All the Uncharted games had short campaigns, but they were all filled with great stories and atmosphere. That's the only reason why I like Uncharted is for the stellar campaigns. This year has not been good for me at all. It's been nothing but disappointment with games. inFAMOUS 2 was kind of disappointing, but still fun, Resistance 3 huge disappoint, and now Uncharted 3 is shaping up to be a disappointment as well unless the ending is amazing. I guess I should've set Resistance 3 aside and gotten Battlefield 3 instead. Though, I was disappointed with the beta of Battlefield 3 as it played too similar to BC2, lol.

\^ Pretty much! I've had to dig into my library to game w/ some oldies, cuz the new shit blows!

Message edited by Guzman - Thursday, 03/November/2011, 5:45:46 PM

nivasan6Date: Thursday, 03/November/2011, 8:30:11 PM | Message # 145
Major general
I wish my 60gb didn't die on me so that I could finish up Transformers War for Cybertron, or play some PS2 games. My Transformers disc is in the disc drive, so I couldn't get it out, lol. I do have a PS2 (two actually), but I'm too lazy to set it up on the big screen, lol. I'm with you Guz on playing older games. I think I'll play some Uncharted Drakes Fortune later tonight. I would finish up Uncharted 3, but I want to have the 7.1 surround sound blasting which I can't do at night due to my family sleeping.

I still have high hopes for Twisted Metal and Starhawk. Hopefully I won't be disappointed by either one of them. I forgot that the Last Guardian also comes out next year, which I know will be my favorite game of all time.

I hate having a brand new PS3 with no game data on it, lol. I can't take downloading patches and installing game data for hours.

If Uncharted 3 changes, and if I'm even playing the competitive multiplayer, I'll let you guys know if it's any good.

GuzmanDate: Sunday, 06/November/2011, 4:56:16 PM | Message # 146
Lieutenant general
Quote (nivasan6)
If Uncharted 3 changes, and if I'm even playing the competitive multiplayer, I'll let you guys know if it's any good.

Yes please, & thank you. *^_^*

nivasan6Date: Sunday, 06/November/2011, 6:54:48 PM | Message # 147
Major general
After completing the campaign, I was left disappointed with the ending, but it was the best story of the three. The first Uncharted had the best ending, but the third one had a stronger story. The story was off for a few moments, but I was just hooked more by this story. The campaign was a bit longer. I finished the other two within 6 hours doing the same things I usually do in Uncharted games (look at the scenery, watch all the cutscenes, hunt for treasure, and attempt trophies). I finished Uncharted 3 in 10 hours, which is not bad for a game in this generation, lol. If any of you are Uncharted fans, it's worth a purchase just for the story. One irritating thing about the campaign other than hit detection issues is the melee system. I hate the damn brutes and how the melee system is structured in the campaign. In the other two games you could easily take down may foes without softening them up with bullets. In this one, if you try taking a lot of enemies whilst getting shot you will die. The melee's last too long, and is not very fun at all. The animations for the melee lack variety. I enjoyed the set-pieces a lot, but there were too many chase sequences.

All in all, it's a good game for the single player.

GuzmanDate: Monday, 07/November/2011, 5:35:18 AM | Message # 148
Lieutenant general
I would just argue if it's worth $60. I can't bring myself to get the latest 'blockbuster' @ full price unless it has some serious staying power. That seems to be a recurring problem w/ western games, though it's been a serious problem this gen.. Unless it has compelling multi, it's an 8H experience that's 'neat' the first time though, then entirely forgettable.

Message edited by Guzman - Monday, 07/November/2011, 5:37:56 AM

nivasan6Date: Monday, 07/November/2011, 1:48:57 PM | Message # 149
Major general
Guz, you make some valid points. I agree with you on everything. The Uncharted games have campaigns and stories that I remember vividly. The same can't be said about most games, but there are some games out there where the campaign outshines the multiplayer, or where the campaign has staying powers. There aren't many games this generation where the campaign has the lasting appeal, but they do exist. But, I do agree with everything you said, as I have the same mentality. Though, that usually applies to third party games for me.

I'm sure that the price will drop this month during some sort of sale for Black Friday. It would be wise to just wait until Naughty Dog fixes the game, or until a Game of the Year Edition is released. I made too many mistakes this year with game purchases, and it all started out with NBA 2K11, lol.

I'm excited because I'm guaranteed to be in the Starhawk beta because of Uncharted 3.

nivasan6Date: Monday, 07/November/2011, 9:44:32 PM | Message # 150
Major general
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum....ng.html

It seems that Uncharted 3 will get fixed!

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » Uncharted 3
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024