nivasan6Date: Monday, 18/April/2011, 12:44:03 PM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Moderators
Just some new information regarding multiplayer:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011....etailed

redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 19/April/2011, 3:05:26 AM | Message # 2
Our Sexy Leader
Group: Administrators
FFA in Uncharted 3! That's awesome! What do you guys think? Think they'll go back to the proper bullet damage?

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 19/April/2011, 5:37:43 PM | Message # 3
Major general
What do you mean by proper bullet damage? Was there a patch that messed everything up? I only played Uncharted 2 online for a brief moment, when it wasn't full of campers.

I do like the customization options that are shown in the trailer.

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 20/April/2011, 9:13:58 AM | Message # 4
Lieutenant general
Quote (nivasan6)
What do you mean by proper bullet damage? Was there a patch that messed everything up?

Aye, that there was! If they return to original mechanics, w/ some additions like FFA, I'm in!

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 31/May/2011, 12:53:23 PM | Message # 5
Major general
Some new information enjoy!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011....iplayer

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 28/June/2011, 0:36:59 AM | Message # 6
Lieutenant general
Beta Tomorrow Baby!

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 29/June/2011, 0:32:05 AM | Message # 7
Lieutenant general
Beta's out, & it's absolutely unplayable. Constant framerate drops, freezes, & bugs. It's damn bad. Hopefully they'll sort this shit out soon.

Further proof that PS+ is dumb. You get earlier access to a game that needs polishing, & by the time it's ready, it's available to the general public...

MP Beta Features

AlucardDate: Wednesday, 29/June/2011, 11:49:41 AM | Message # 8
Colonel
played like 3 games last nite before it froze on me. i kept hitting square to reload! (>_<)

nivasan6Date: Wednesday, 29/June/2011, 12:24:50 PM | Message # 9
Major general
I wouldn't say that it's unplayable. I had no problem getting in matches or encounter any major problems whilst playing. I will say that is is a piece of shit, lol.

I have a hunch that this is not an actual "beta", but rather an alpha version of the game that was playable for awhile now. I believe this because looking back at the Uncharted 2 beta, this is the worst beta that I've played, and why would their beta for Uncharted 3 be worst when it's supposed to be the same multiplayer as Uncharted 2. They're calling it a beta so that the idiot subscribers to that rental service can feel good about themselves. The real beta will probably launch when it's available to the public in a form of a massive update or the requirement to redownload from the store. Or, it could be released during that Subway offer, in that you get the full online game from Subway. Either way, I don't believe that this is the beta.

The only real beta I can remember that was an actual beta for ps+ was Killzone 3. Look how that turned out when the beta was exclusive to ps+, it was a simple watered down Killzone 2 without all the features that made it great. Hopefully developers and Sony can learn from that; don't make betas exclusive to ps+.

Back to the "beta". I'm not liking the weighty characters. I respect them for implementing it, but they move to slowly, and I don't want them ruining Uncharted by keeping that. I know that I'm switching sides here, but I only like weighted characters in games that make sense. I would be pissed if the new Unreal Tournament game has weighted characters because that's not the style for UT. The Airstrip is pretty awesome especially the beginning. I hope people don't start saying that Uncharted 3 has never before seen interactive cut-scenes in multiplayer because it's not the first game to do so. I'm not sure what is, but I know that Killzone 3 also has them, but only on three maps. The weapons don't do much damage, and I hate having to empty half my clip just to bring someone down. The melee is effected negatively from the weighted characters, and is sometimes laggy, or it just has terrible hit detection. The customization is decent, and the boosters and kick-backs might pose a problem later down the road. But, they have addressed that in the hardcore mode, so there really isn't anything to complain about regarding the boosters and kick-backs.

I'll still play it, just so I can get those bonuses for when the full game comes out.

I'm not a big fan of the multiplayer in Uncharted 2 or 3 for that matter, but I will still play it. I know that it's not going to be my go to game for online.

Message edited by nivasan6 - Wednesday, 29/June/2011, 12:31:17 PM

AlucardDate: Friday, 01/July/2011, 10:28:30 AM | Message # 10
Colonel
ggs last guys! got really sleepy towards the end and was going negative (>_<)

gay that hardcore mode takes out spas and pistole.

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 01/July/2011, 6:41:14 PM | Message # 11
Our Sexy Leader
My HUGE COMEBACK ffa (15-2)

^You guys have to check that shit out! I was hella pumped!

GuzmanDate: Saturday, 02/July/2011, 7:46:54 PM | Message # 12
Lieutenant general
Alright this is my UC3 Beta Review/Talking deal:

Visuals: OK? Ive gotten used to them, but they seems rough around the edges at first. Needs cleaning up. UI is also messy, big step down from UC2. Why is it hard for them to understand that simple & intuitive is superior? Also, Uncharted TV is DUMB!

Level Design: The current offering is OK, but I'd like to see some that aren't as vertical based. Something like Plaza from UC2. Chateau feels very cramped to me & I'm not crazy about the plane intro to airstrip (Plane residents get big initial advantage.

Controls/Gameplay: I'm not quite sure what it is, but everything feels slightly off here. Controls are not as tight as UC2, & certain things like traversal are unnecessarily frustrating at times. Everyone in UC2, at one time or another has gone to cover accidentally instead of rolling, but in UC3 it happens far too often. Simple tasks like climbing sometimes result in jumping across or off... Ive also had some problems aiming; the cross-hairs will simply refuse to move over an enemy, it kind of 'locks' onto the side of them while I attempt to correct it. Maybe its just me, but I never had an issue in UC2. Control was awesome. Also dumb shit like "Double Damage" needs to be removed, its just too strong. VIP & Exposed I'm fine w/.

Connection: Luckily the issue that would most likely be resolved as a result f the Beta. There is a noticeable delay at times & a general lack of consistency.
While it isn't all that bad, its there & can affect the outcome of a fight. One of the better examples I can make, mostly witnessed in FFAs, is when you & an opponent kill each other when going head to head w/ the same weapon. I honestly can't recall this happening in UC2. One guy won & the other lost. The only time you'd have a double kill like that is when panic punching,

All said though, definitely on the right track, & I'm having fun w/ it. It just needs that final bit of polish. I actually saw a quote from the game director of ND & he said "The one thing we've learned is that you don't change health in the middle of a game." So we should be safe from drastic changes w/ UC3!

*I might've forgotten some stuff. If so, I'll add em in later!*
I'll also touch on some of my in-game tactics & findings! Next time on Guzman's Gaming Guidance! Stay Tuned Everyone!

Message edited by Guzman - Saturday, 02/July/2011, 7:58:55 PM

redhamuSLADate: Sunday, 03/July/2011, 7:13:35 AM | Message # 13
Our Sexy Leader
MOAR!!!!!

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 05/July/2011, 1:06:23 AM | Message # 14
Lieutenant general
I forgot..

Sound: Not quite as good as UC2 as well. Traversal sounds are not as distinguished as they were before, & sometimes I am mistakenly alerted by my own grunts. Again though, maybe I just getting old & dumb...

EDIT: First "Top Ten Plays of the Week" has been uploaded. While fanmade, ND picked it up & can also be seen in-game on UCTV. The vid is OK, but it's essentially a Five Not Alive compilation, & w/ the extended time allowed for succession kills, it comes out being subpar IMO.

Top Ten Plays Week 1 (Beta Vers)

Message edited by Guzman - Tuesday, 05/July/2011, 4:45:25 AM

AlucardDate: Tuesday, 05/July/2011, 10:08:52 AM | Message # 15
Colonel
they should put up my clips!

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » Uncharted 3
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024