3.Modern Warfare 3[ 2 ][28.57%]
4.Battlefield 3[ 2 ][28.57%]
Poll has expired - Saturday, 06/August/2011, 2:57:45 AM
Answers total: 7
GuzmanDate: Monday, 25/July/2011, 3:56:07 AM | Message # 16
Lieutenant general
Group: Moderators
Quote (Kuzu)
as i said before, in squad-TDM, there is only ONE vehicle available for all 16 players (4-squads of 4)

Good to hear. IIRC the only mode available in the Beta was the uh, base capture thing, which is more OBJ based. With the limited experience I had on the Beta it just felt like nearly every game there were the 2 guys, repeatedly going for the tank, shelling & um, 'turreting' us, even if the match wasn't decidedly lopsided. They were nearly always score leaders too. Your comment on that is encouraging though,

Quote (Kuzu)
in BF, more than any other game, players really embrace all the classes equally and there are a great many ppl who enjoy taking the defensive roles and blowing enemy vehicles up.

Also good. Aside from the few exceptions where everyone wanted to sit on a hill & snipe, I agree. The only prob I experienced, is that they either didn't understand their purpose, or just didn't do it.

Quote (Kuzu)
i dont want to sound brash but your comments make me believe that killing 1v1 to determine the more "skilled player" is the only thing that really excites you about gaming (and i can understand this cuz i enjoyed it too!). however i think there is much more to gaming than that...playing the game as a team instead of solo "all-star" players playing for themselves.

While it is honestly my favorite aspect of a game, I wouldn't say it's all I care about.

Quote (Kuzu)
i cant think of anything more backwards to the concept of BF. if all you are thinking about is personal kills versus random strangers, then sure the kill has no meaning for you.

Of everything you've typed up here, this is the only thing that annoyed me somewhat. (Though I know you didn't mean offense by it) Let me explain. The way I'm reading it, it sounds like an assumption that all I care about is my K/D, & that I make no effort to contribute to the win. This isn't true. While I'm not really into OBJ, when I play it, I make an attempt at the objective in some way, even if that's just being a deterrent. If it comes down to it, I'll take deaths for the win, provided it's feasible. I know I've said this before, but some of my most exciting & memorable matches were the games where it came down to the wire, we managed the win, & I didn't do all that well K/D wise.
To get back to BF in particular, I tried to win. As an example though, there's no way you can take a bomb site when enemies are inside & spawning on each other; you just can't. At best, you'll get 2. & die. In comparison to something like UC, even if you can't pull the win, you can give them a very hard time. That's essentially the point I'm making. (I also apologize if I came off as being overbearing. LOL.)

Message edited by Guzman - Monday, 25/July/2011, 3:57:52 AM

GuzmanDate: Monday, 25/July/2011, 3:56:54 AM | Message # 17
Lieutenant general
Quote (Kuzu)
i want to challenge you Guz, Red, (anyone who finds more joy in solo-gaming) to actually play as a team. when i say that, i mean get out your gosh-darn mic.

In the upcoming BF3 Beta, I promise I will try it. But there's no way I'm attempting to converse w/ randoms. Sorry.

I will definitely concede the point that nearly all of this could be fixed simply by playing w/ competent players. My only other comment on that would be: Would 4 be enough? I guess it could be, depending on the Gametype?

Also: LOL @ changing the thread title. It's easier just to change it, huh?

Message edited by Guzman - Monday, 25/July/2011, 3:57:01 AM

KuzuDate: Monday, 25/July/2011, 4:30:09 AM | Message # 18
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
<--- makes alot of assumptions.

i like your (re)butt(al)! ok i know im very long winded, i just said a bunch of things that were on the tip of my tongue.
i honestly have played very little with you, so i really shouldnt pretend to know how you play. that was not very thoughtful or polite on my part. i apologize.

what i did mean to say was, in BF, it doesnt feel like random kills to me. except for times i feel like being a loner and douche non-contributor, i would never snipe all game. even if i did snipe but played aggressively, i would be taking out someone on a watchtower, top of the mountain, or some lookout to help my team. i may never see that guy again but that one kill helped give my teammates a chance to advance down the map. what i meant is that you may not remember every guy, in the way that you can compare skills by thwarting that guy coming at you for revenge kills and showing that foolio "whos boss".

i think the simplest, and honestly most accurate way to look at it is like this: in games with small maps and lots of action, it feels like a basketball game. constantly running up and down the court. you will be in competition with that other "point guard" who likes taking you to the hoop, and you gain joy in knowing you outplayed him.

but in BF its like a real war. you dont know the skill level of your enemy. you dont know exactly where they are coming from. that adds to the realism, the fear factor, and the slow-pacing of the game which some may not like. instead of basketball, its more like chess. sometimes you need your pawns to go in and sacrifice. then you use your knights and bishops and castles and do what you gotta do to take out your opponent. ok, its not as slow as chess, but somewhat relevant!

GuzmanDate: Monday, 25/July/2011, 5:14:49 PM | Message # 19
Lieutenant general
Quote (Kuzu)
i like your (re)butt(al)! ok i know im very long winded, i just said a bunch of things that were on the tip of my tongue.
i honestly have played very little with you, so i really shouldnt pretend to know how you play. that was not very thoughtful or polite on my part. i apologize.

No, no, it's fine, honest! I can definitely understand where you're coming from & see your desire for us to give it a chance. To be clear, I'm not attempting to bash the game or anything along those lines. Just giving my (limited) experience w/ it all. Lets just play the Beta, & go from there.

Quote (Kuzu)
but in BF its like a real war. you dont know the skill level of your enemy. you dont know exactly where they are coming from. that adds to the realism, the fear factor, and the slow-pacing of the game which some may not like. instead of basketball, its more like chess. sometimes you need your pawns to go in and sacrifice. then you use your knights and bishops and castles and do what you gotta do to take out your opponent. ok, its not as slow as chess, but somewhat relevant!

That explains why I'm so bad at it...

Regarding the Beta, when is it & who is it available to? I'm making the assumption that I'll be able it get in, w/o any info on it. I could look it up, but its easier to just ask you guys! ^_-
(Psst, Kuz, you forgot to vote in your own poll. Though I guess you were asking "us" what we wanted to play.)

Message edited by Guzman - Monday, 25/July/2011, 5:17:13 PM

KuzuDate: Monday, 25/July/2011, 8:00:59 PM | Message # 20
The Clan Elder
one more thing. (this is not an excuse, because i should have proof-read) but i often cant come up with the right words that i want to say. if i meant to say "blah blah method is not the main aspect" it came out as "backward" which is not what i wanted to say. this is due to living in a foreign country for 12 years and lately never speaking any English, honestly, except for the rare cussing and smack talk in video games.
----------------
even if you had played the game for x-months i would still try to sway you into joining up for BF3. but everyone has a right to their thoughts so i can be pushy. i would rather argue for a game and have you guys think im pushy (with the minimal chance that you may get enticed to play it!) as opposed to saying nothing and having no chance that you will play.

to answer one question, YES, i think a squad of 4 of us would be extremely deadly. that is assuming that at least a few of our non-squad teammates also were decent at the game, or at least tried working together. one good squad can do a hell of a lot of damage. as i said, i often see that same group of 4 giving me a lot of trouble, always attacking our crates (OBJ) and always the one killing us. the same can be said if we are the organized ones.

http://www.ea.com/1/beta
basically i dont know about the open beta. MoH discs come with the (first/closed?) BF3 beta. basically, beta should hit October. will try to dig around for more info.

and last, i didnt vote cuz i honestly still dont know! so far 3 of you are getting UC3, if ban and dux also said they were too i would seriously consider that, even if its not my usual 1st choice. if a certain person who is getting a certain preview of a certain game doesnt fully have faith in that certain game, that doesnt seem to be a good sign. so that leaves BF3 and MW3, both of which i can see myself enjoying alot, and getting frustrated alot. so yah im as lost as ever, dude.

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 26/July/2011, 5:41:08 AM | Message # 21
Lieutenant general
Quote (Kuzu)
one more thing. (this is not an excuse, because i should have proof-read) but i often cant come up with the right words that i want to say.

Dude, I have the same damn problem!

Quote (Kuzu)
so yah im as lost as ever, dude.

Time heals all things... er, Time will tell!

KuzuDate: Thursday, 28/July/2011, 8:06:30 PM | Message # 22
The Clan Elder
ok my vote is in. BF3 for me.
ive realized military shooters are what excites me most. that leaves 2 out of 4. of those 2, ive played 3 COD games and enjoyed them all, but i also dont want to get stuck in the same path forever. i love the concept of team-first in BF, and i see alot of good changes (controls, weapons) that are geared to a faster paced game. so its BF3 for me all the way, and nothing else. hope to see some of you there... but im still not sure the beta will be open to everyone so you may have to make a tough decision on gut feeling.

redhamuSLADate: Friday, 29/July/2011, 6:33:46 PM | Message # 23
Our Sexy Leader
IMO, UC3 should be essentially a clan required purchase & then people's individual paths diverge from there. The MP was awesome for so many reasons--one important one being how easy it was to get into games w/ clanmates! (^_-)d

But man, I'm HURTING for something to play right now. LOL. I've just ordered 'Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood' & 'Transformers: War for Cybertron' from Amazon. Had been looking up underrated shooters & these badboys came up. Not sure if they are still active online or not, but I'm going to give them a go. (^_-)d

Here's a montage that makes Transformers look SICK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUtODZDBpls

KuzuDate: Friday, 29/July/2011, 9:23:22 PM | Message # 24
The Clan Elder
red: kinda late now, but i made a thread about this and a few underdog names came up.
http://www.gaijingamers.com/showthread.php?t=4215

one game you might be interested in, which looks very similar to Transformers is Warhammer 40K (release: Sept 6). also Bodycount looks kinda interesting, but yah maybe crap too.

GuzmanDate: Saturday, 30/July/2011, 0:14:13 AM | Message # 25
Lieutenant general
Man, I ABSOLUTELY ADORE what they've done w/ R3!
Sweet, Sweet Nectar!

....Actually I'm lying. I'm just trying to protect niva!

Message edited by Guzman - Saturday, 30/July/2011, 0:31:28 AM

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 30/July/2011, 6:56:56 AM | Message # 26
Our Sexy Leader
Kuzu: Thanks for doing the research on that shit. Both games look interesting. To be quite honest, I'm up for trying ANYTHING. It seems to me that nowadays any developer can make a shit game and vice versa. I just want something to play that's actually rewarding, in all areas--team play, individual play, skill acquisition, etc.. I'm likely to try both of them out. Heh. kruger

Guz: You suck at sarcasm. badtease

banion7Date: Saturday, 30/July/2011, 4:14:17 PM | Message # 27
Colonel
hey hey hey! Sorry been not checking in for a bit so I had a bit of reading to do to get caught up lol

I guess my vote will not be the popular one, kinda still locked in on mw3..

For me its like this, if we are getting involved in organized clan match type stuff with a particular game, meaning we practice it to play as a unit and we face other organized groups at scheduled times, Id be willing to get involved in that perhaps.

If we're talking pub stomping, I think I night not have the patience for it - I want to be able to just get on and play after work, I get tired of waiting around for the party or people getting kicked etc etc etc..

Unfortunately the cod series kinda fits this the best for me right now..

banion7Date: Saturday, 30/July/2011, 4:19:33 PM | Message # 28
Colonel
So what I mean by that is for me we don't necessarily have to be playing in the same matches together to have fun do we, couldn't we also share the experiences/camaraderie etc just by chatting about these games here on the site or sharing vids etc?

SPardon there posts if they are weird, 4 or 5 am here and typing in bed on phone now, huge earthquake wolf me up bout an hour ago, had crashed on couch lol

redhamuSLADate: Saturday, 30/July/2011, 8:24:38 PM | Message # 29
Our Sexy Leader
Geezuz balls! I want just one goddamn uninterrupted nights sleep, sans death.

nivasan6Date: Sunday, 31/July/2011, 6:14:34 PM | Message # 30
Major general
Quote (Guzman)
....Actually I'm lying. I'm just trying to protect niva!

lol, what? Protect me from what? Ghosts? The Boogeyman?

Is Resistance 3 terrible?

Will I hate the low player count?

Is it too much like cod?

What is it?

I'm getting scared!

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » Shooting Game for Q4 2011
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024