2. Uncharted 3 [ 5 ] [71.43%]
3. Modern Warfare 3 [ 2 ] [28.57%]
4. Battlefield 3 [ 2 ] [28.57%]
Poll has expired - Saturday, 06/August/2011, 2:57:45 AM
Answers total: 7
AlucardDate: Monday, 01/August/2011, 1:22:23 PM | Message # 31
Colonel
Group: Moderators
R3: ill have a better idea on the 4th when i can get in the beta.

BF3: played the bf2 demo when it first came out. didnt really like it much. i remember it put me to sleep rather quickly, heh. saw the lil clip on the online mp for bf3 and it looks good. the one thing i dont like are the red dot sights(i cant aim with them on) and it seems that they come as standard on special forces firearms. also i dont like EA servers besides the one they had for Burnout Paradise. ive had bad experiences from nfs and crysis games...

UC3: <3 the series since the beginning so its a must buy for me happy

MW3: will most likely pick this up to play with buddies in PR

so in conclusion, ill definitely be getting UC3 and mw3. ill see how the beta for bf3 goes once its out and r3 ill pick up most likely to play thru whats happens in the campaign.

GuzmanDate: Tuesday, 02/August/2011, 3:47:32 AM | Message # 32
Lieutenant general
Quote (Alucard)
R3: ill have a better idea on the 4th when i can get in the beta.

HmmMMmmM.

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 02/August/2011, 4:36:00 AM | Message # 33
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
alu:

if guns in BF3 are similar to what they were in BC2, at least in terms of unlocking and how the attachments work, no gun comes standard with a red-dot (except a rare exception for one LMG). they are all iron sights, or regular zoom on snipers.

red-dot sights take up a "slot" but its basically like a perk. in BC2 you could choose speed boost, nade x2, c4/rockets x2, red-dot, ACOG (ARs), or 12x (snipers).

from what i saw of the alpha for BF3, hardly anyone has red-dots as they probably havent unlocked them yet. i see alot of AK74u iron sights or M16 with iron sights. in fact i cant recall seeing any red-dots for MP yet.

AlucardDate: Tuesday, 02/August/2011, 12:12:39 PM | Message # 34
Colonel
kuzu: iron sights for the win! thanks for clearing that up. like i said, i saw a video(pretty sure it was a MP match) and it was mostly RDS attachments. i really want to get a kill by burying a wall on someone! LOL

guz: what should i brace myself for? lol

redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 02/August/2011, 7:47:41 PM | Message # 35
Our Sexy Leader
Quote (Alucard)
guz: what should i brace myself for? lol

Let's just say it's similar to the whole "Whoops! I dropped my soap. Could you pick it up for me?" trick in prison...

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 02/August/2011, 8:56:25 PM | Message # 36
Major general
So, Resistance 3 is terrible? Oh, well I was only going to play the multiplayer until Twisted Metal comes out.

I know I said this before, but I won't be dedicating my time or even spend time playing Uncharted 3 online. I will maybe play a few matches with you guys, but not on a regular basis.

I'm going a bit off topic here, but Kuzu, do you have any interest in Brink. It's all about teamwork, and you don't even have to kill people to gain points. Each hit on an enemy results in points. So essentially they got rid of the "Hey, you stole my kill". If you're firing your clip into someone, and someone else finishes them off you will get more points for them. One bad thing I heard about Brink is that not many people are playing. So, people are playing against players and bots. I found the game interesting from the beginning, and still do, but I don't have the time or money to invest in it. I would love to get it, especially now or this month, but I need to save for everything coming out later this year.

Alu, are you excited for the GT5 DLC? I can't wait to see what it is. Maybe they're upgrading cars to premium status, or adding new manufacturers. I really want Saab and Koenigsegg in GT.

KuzuDate: Tuesday, 02/August/2011, 10:58:34 PM | Message # 37
The Clan Elder
niva: thx for the suggestion, but im good. brink looks kinda interesting but i think i have trouble emersing myself into anything but military shooters. the game has few players, and absolutely none from my buddy list. crysis 2 is a great game that is plagued by server issues, party issues, and lack of players. not excited to follow the same path again anytime soon. i cant really iterate how much fun im having playing 'Nam. this is the most exciting game (if we can even call it that, though its just an expansion) i have played in a long time now that i have a good connection. id be very content playing this for the next few months until BF3 to be perfectly honest. its really all about the maps, atmosphere, and authenticity that appeals to me.

GuzmanDate: Wednesday, 03/August/2011, 9:52:55 PM | Message # 38
Lieutenant general
Quote (redhamuSLA)
Let's just say it's similar to the whole "Whoops! I dropped my soap. Could you pick it up for me?" trick in prison...

^ Knows from experience!

nivasan6Date: Friday, 05/August/2011, 12:20:32 PM | Message # 39
Major general
It looks as if I'm going to play something else for the time being because Twisted Metal has been delayed to early 2012. I may just get Ace Combat and play that until Twisted Metal and Starhawk.

GuzmanDate: Friday, 05/August/2011, 11:24:26 PM | Message # 40
Lieutenant general
Quote (nivasan6)
It looks as if I'm going to play something else for the time being because Twisted Metal has been delayed to early 2012. I may just get Ace Combat and play that until Twisted Metal and Starhawk.

I'm getting in on Dark Souls next, I think! happy

AlucardDate: Sunday, 07/August/2011, 2:01:47 PM | Message # 41
Colonel
Quote (nivasan6)
Alu, are you excited for the GT5 DLC? I can't wait to see what it is. Maybe they're upgrading cars to premium status, or adding new manufacturers. I really want Saab and Koenigsegg in GT.

ill google this once im done posting.

lol @ red

boo on the delay of twisted metal. next games im getting are Resident Evil Code Veronica X HD, Batman: Arkham City, House of the Dead: Overkill, Dark Souls most likely and some of the games mentioned in the poll on this thread.

nivasan6Date: Monday, 08/August/2011, 12:51:41 PM | Message # 42
Major general
Alu, here is the link to the story about GT5 DLC and Updates:
http://www.gtplanet.net/kazunor....and-dlc

I forgot about House of the Dead: Overkill, it looks really fun.

I'll probably just get Resistance 3, Team ICO collection, and Uncharted 3. I'll just get those three, so I have enough for next year since the Vita is coming out next year in the U.S.

redhamuSLADate: Tuesday, 09/August/2011, 4:14:25 AM | Message # 43
Our Sexy Leader
Yeah, what's the deal with Dark Souls? Online CO-OP or more of the same from Demon Soul or whatever it's called?

Guz: Heard from Marsh that your bro is beasting it up in the R3 Beta nowadays. What's he doing, like playstyle/weapons? Is he actually going to get it? I just don't have the tolerance to play it. Maybe I'm getting old? (>_<)

AlucardDate: Tuesday, 09/August/2011, 10:14:10 PM | Message # 44
Colonel
lol so no real details of the actual DLC yet. will it be at a price? if so boo, ill pony up for it if its good enuff.

nivasan6Date: Tuesday, 09/August/2011, 11:10:48 PM | Message # 45
Major general
I just want some GT5 DLC, lol. I would even spend $60 for some DLC, as long as it adds new cars preferably new manufactures such as Saab, and some new tracks (old tracks from previous GT games). I'm guessing it might come out the day GT5 was released as a one year anniversary. PD could have easily charged for the seasonal events and online events too, but they didn't. I sometimes view seasonal events as DLC. I wish that GT5 had more events as the previous GT games had. Where are the manufacture events?

Guz, are you getting Disgaea 4? I might pick it up especially at $30 or $40 it's hard to beat. The full $60 nets you a collector's edition of some sort.

Forum » Games We Play (MP & Others) » Others » Shooting Game for Q4 2011
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024