• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Mess Hall » General Discussion » Dear Redham,
Dear Redham,
KuzuDate: Thursday, 21/April/2011, 11:48:00 PM | Message # 1
The Clan Elder
Group: Administrators
Dear redham,
(btw, i dont care if u have 17 other aliases; i will always call u and remember u by this name)
in response to ur question, "Yo! Things ok dude? Havent seen you on for like a week."

that gave me a chuckle for a few reasons. for starters, it shows that we play and live through our PS3, so even one week of abstinence seems abnormal. in fact, when im passionate about a game, missing even one day of gaming can be really hard to stand. i also got a smile because it shows that you care about me, bitch!

to answer truthfully, im fine, but im feeling a pretty big dose of PS3 blues. i have made the temporary choice to refrain from playing. this is probably due to a bunch of factors, somewhat overlapping each other.

1. i have become increasingly disappointed with the condition of the last 4 games ive played, namely BOps, RDR, BFBC2 and Cry2. i loved each of the games for their potential, yet hated how events unfolded which tainted my experience each time in a different way. i feel like i just cant find a game where i can have it all, not that i even know what "all" is. but its like something major is missing each time. i used to think i could be patient, look past the negatives, and find the redeeming qualities in games. i spent 6months+ each on 3 other games (R1, MW1, MW2) but recently ive spent only about 1-3months with each game. maybe im quick to jump ship, but i feel more frustration than pleasure alot of the time. i feel the majority of my time is spent searching in vein for a game in my region, stuck in games with heavy lag, being restricted from joining friends, and put in an unfair situation.

2. i have become increasingly disgruntled by the amount of lag in games, coupled with the slow response rate of my TV. i dont have hard evidence, but i never felt this unhappy with my TVs lag on my old Plasma. even if i had worse stats then, i think i was dying from bad decisions not my TVs image processing crap. so i bought a converter to reduce the lag going to my TV; didnt work. same converter should have run the video to my PC monitor; couldnt get it to work. im not enjoying this process, and i dont want to waste any more time/money on it right now. plus, im not all that excited to play PS3 on my PC monitor when i have the huge TV...if i did that, why not just play PC games? hopefully ill be juiced up and ready to roll for R3 or BF3.

3. i have become increasingly competitive, focusing heavily on personal stats and personal improvement. i dont necessarily consider this a bad thing, but when linked to the factors above, my gaming experience gets more and more frustrating. im mw2 i was at my worst; going purely for kills to build my streak which would in turn add more kills. but i dont want only that. i feel im changing. or rather, i want to experience gaming in different ways, and one priority and dream is to actually play with the clan or good friends, go for the objective/win, and really play like a *team*. ever since i got the PS3, i play video games as if i were playing sports; give my mothertrucking all to win and kick ass. if i played soccer on the world stage, id be pretty funking pissed if certain referees said "hey Kuzu, since u live in japan, im gonna tie a bag of rocks to your legs so that ur speed and reactions are hindered". wtf! that is an accurate analogy to whats happening to me in the cyber world. sure i could say "ok, illdrag that bag and still own u mothertruckers." but im just not skilled or patient enough to do that.

4. i dunno. maybe i just need a change of scenery. then i can come back refreshed and excited about FPS on consoles.

redhamuSLADate: Sunday, 24/April/2011, 11:15:58 AM | Message # 2
Our Sexy Leader
Good to hear there's nothing actually 'wrong' IRL. <3! And yeah, it's weird when I hear people call me anything other than redham over the PSN.

A case of the 'PS3 Blues', huh? I can understand that. With the way the past few games have turned out for you & for many people in general, it would only seem natural. We keep getting the shit end of the stick with ports, weird account region locks instead of location matchmaking & now this whole PSN maintanence.

1. Have you thought about going back to older games like COD4 or MW2? You also started up on WarPuma, so wouldn't it be an option to do the same on BLOPS? IIRC, your main beef with the game was the lag and/or connection. Those problems were mainly precipitated by the fact that you were on an US account, right? I'd join you on any of that shit!

2. I don't really have anything to say about this except that it sucks. Most TV's out there just don't push the processing enough yet for 'lagless' gaming. That's why I went with a monitor when I switched over to HD. Now I'm dealing with brightness issues when recording, however. (>_<) But yeah, I really hope you can get it all sorted by the time R3 comes out!

3. I feel you on this one. Remember way back on MW2 when I made that post about what I couldn't stand about it? The lag was getting to me like this at the time. I wanted to get better & KNOW that I was better through skill, but the game limits that type of improvement and/or awareness of it. I finally got over it, but to this day I really wish I had never had to have felt that way (ala RFoM). Actually, the competitiveness of fighting games paired with the lag is what made me quit them cuz online was so terribly shit. I knew what should be happening or that I should have blocked something, but due to lag neither would happen. Ugh.

Regarding the 'team' thing, me too! We just haven't had a game in FOREVER that has dedicated servers that we all want to play. LONG LIVE RFOM! So, here's hoping for R3.

4. If a change of scenery can do that for you, I'm all for it. Games should be enjoyable first & foremost, for whatever reasons.

Lastly, thanks for posting this up. It was good to learn what was up & what your frustrations were.

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 25/April/2011, 7:31:32 PM | Message # 3
Our Sexy Leader
P.S. We should Skype and shit. A little 'Cyber' here and there? (*^_^*)

duxy87Date: Tuesday, 26/April/2011, 12:28:25 PM | Message # 4
Major general
Group: Moderators
Quote (redhamuSLA)
P.S. We should Skype and shit

I second that..

KuzuDate: Sunday, 10/July/2011, 11:57:46 PM | Message # 5
The Clan Elder
Dear Redham,
Hey did you ever say why you have two YT channels? You've essentially split up your fan base. What is the difference between them?

redhamuSLADate: Monday, 11/July/2011, 5:36:32 AM | Message # 6
Our Sexy Leader
SLAwoodencock = copyrighted shit & with a COD focus.

redhamuSLA = no copyrighted stuff & 'alternative' shooter focus.

KuzuDate: Sunday, 31/July/2011, 8:01:42 PM | Message # 7
The Clan Elder
btw dude, i just found out the reason (very likely) i was performing so mediocre in BC2 is once again because of account (server connectivity) issues. this time, its not about PSN account. its about EA account.

anyways, as Crysis 2 is an EA game, i figure it may very well be the same deal.

http://www.gaijingamers.com/showthread.php?t=3371&page=3
sry for being lazy, but its just easier to link to other threads that have the exact same info. look at my last post, and if u dont get it i can try to help out.

KuzuDate: Monday, 24/October/2011, 0:02:24 AM | Message # 8
The Clan Elder
Dear Redham,

A friend I made on youtube actually proposed this to me, so I thought you would be the perfect person to invite.

Here's what he wrote to me:
LevelCapGaming

I have an idea that can help us and a select group of others
I think we should build a small email list of select gamers who want to try and get recognized by machinima. Not only will my plan boost our overall views but it might get a few of us registered with machinima.

So after we have an email list of people interested in this plan we send out an email after we upload a video to www.respawnarmy.com

The email would contain instructions like this but reflecting the individual's video:

1 ) go to www.respawnarmy.com (you might need to sign up for it, it
super easy and quick and they wont email you or annoy you)
2 ) click the "videos" tab
3 ) in the search bar type in "battlefield 3" and select "Battlefield 3 - PC"
4 ) you should see my video a few videos in called "BF3's Humble Beginnings"
5) you click that video and hit the "bumb" button in the op left.

10 or more bumps might get the video on the front page and from there the other users could further bump it if its a good video. I like a fair system but the problem is that everyone is already getting their friend to bump their vids so to stand out we have to use these tactics as well.

please let me know if this interests you and if so you can email me at ---------------- and we can build our list from there. I suggest involving cool people that you trust. This isn't against any rules and its actually suggested by machinima to get your friends to bump your vids.

I trust this guy, as we have given each other valuable info and feedback, back and forth. If you got on the list, you could ask people you trust. (Maybe for you, guys like YTB, Philly, etc.) It doesn't have to be ppl we trust with keeping a bank account number with, but just generally guys we expect will return the favor. Ie, not be douches, have the courtesy to bump back everyone on the list.

I think its worth a shot, as the people who get noticed may be the ones to get their vid uploaded to Machinima (this is the only method BTW). On respawn army, I saw someone with only 14 bumps on the top page... so that could get serious exposure and get machinimas attention rather easily if we had a dozen ppl on the list.

PM if you want his email and want to try.

GuzmanDate: Monday, 24/October/2011, 0:27:08 AM | Message # 9
Lieutenant general
1 person = 1 bump?

& people at the top hit ~10-15 bumps? Wow. If I were to guess, I'd figure the average to be somewhere in the 2500-3000 range.

KuzuDate: Monday, 24/October/2011, 3:46:13 AM | Message # 10
The Clan Elder
the top today has about 50 bumps. over the weekend, it was 100+. but there there are half a dozen or so vids on the main page and the one at bottom had 14 bumps. so if we could get together 15 bumps, we could theorhetically be on the main page. although, bumps dont mean they get accepted, just that they get brought to Machinimas attention earlier. having a video with 1 bump amidst literally thousands of others would likely mean its forever abandoned. still, if we get ppl together that are decent fellows, i could see the plan working.

GuzmanDate: Monday, 24/October/2011, 11:17:33 PM | Message # 11
Lieutenant general
Ah, gotcha.

KuzuDate: Thursday, 10/November/2011, 2:19:00 AM | Message # 12
The Clan Elder
Dear Redham,
just had a brain orgasm & came up with an idea for a joint YT project.

background:
unlocked the MAV last night and it is a sweet, sweet spotting machine. first game with it, i spotted hoards of enemies; it is easy as hell to use. the problem was that my efforts were wasted since my teammates werent killing... that is where YOU come in, big boy.

plan:
i spot and give you verbal commands ("circle around to the right for 3 campers"). you go on a rampage and stab/maim/kill. at the end of the game, i want to be 0-0 with a decent amount of points (from spotting & sensor tracking) with you going 30-1 or w/e. BUT WAIT; thats not all. we do dual comms for each others vid (see below) and put them in each others "video response".

special features:
- i think this is a perfect situation to do dual commentaries. but it has to be pre-taped (cuz i know i cant talk *live*. just trust me; too much frustration, time-wasting, & self-loathing) i could send you things like "blah blah intros" "what was your expectation of the MAV before?" "what was your strategy in this game?" "how are you most effective when playing solo?" "dude do you eat spinach?" "how important is the MAV to you now that youve seen it used effectively?" etc. then you fill in response commentary to match the remaining time of your vid. i could say a handful of lines, to which you talk for about a minute on each question/subject. i think this would be SO MUCH easier (you can choose how/what to react to), would sound much more professional (we have a clear focus, areas to explain, not BS fillers), and easier to transport files. you keep your vid, i send you my audio clips, then u reply and render it in your free time. Booya!
- if we were super super cool, we would have a picture-in-picture view of the other players matching vid!! (ok this would mean large-file transfers, but i think its worth it). imagine this; i will be flying & spotting in the MAV, watching over you like an angel (good title alert!), meanwhile seeing a PinP view of what you are doing, killing, etc.! fucking dope if you ask me...
quick tutorial, doesnt seem too hard either... http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/creatin....n_vegas

goal:
show an extremely unique feature with extremely fun, beast & tactical gameplay. we could be popularizing a new style of game commentaries. innovation, baby.

let me know homie!

(obviously this is going to be hard to pull off. its hard enough getting a good game by myself, so having us *both* do well will take luck & committment to the plan. but its not like you need to adapt or change any play style. all it takes is that i use MAV when we play together and hope for a good game. worst case scenario, we can always take clips from different games/maps and edit them together, even if we dont have/show a final "beast" score for you. FYI ive been editing ALL of my BF3 vids cuz they just last so damn long. so im used to it already.)

redhamuSLADate: Thursday, 10/November/2011, 8:40:02 AM | Message # 13
Our Sexy Leader
That sounds sick, dude. If you are down, so am I!

KuzuDate: Thursday, 10/November/2011, 11:21:00 PM | Message # 14
The Clan Elder
last night i used the MAV for a few games and managed to get 3 roadkills! shit is funny as hell, but also hard as hell. you have to either slam them from a drastic drop or skim right off the ground at full speed into their body. i will be saving clips for a MAV roadkill montage (ETA not soon! lol). but then i started getting impatient and switched back to regular killing. but the more things like this that u can do, the more this game appeals to me.

i didnt like that i was going 0-1 (someone eventually finds me..) and getting like 400 pts since my teammate dont know how to kill. WTF i spot everyone, they STILL get knifed from behind. WATCH YOUR FUCKING MINI MAP, RETARDS..

but it was also fun basically landing on snipers, sitting in front of their crosshairs, buzzing in their ears like a fly. you dont do damage unless you fly full speed into them (and they are very light/flimsy so quite difficult to control for a kill). but i would watch guys shooting into the sky at me and getting all flustered. that was reward in itself.

KuzuDate: Friday, 11/November/2011, 9:51:51 PM | Message # 15
The Clan Elder
Dude,
do you know how to get the HD PVR to record for more than 2 hours??
there is a time frame on the main screen. i set this to 6 hours. yet all of my footage seems to stop at 2...
i just had a flawless game... and i was all psyched to set up a commentary for it.. yet it was cut out since it came after the 2 hour mark. i usually only do 1 game recordings, but if wife is using the computer i have to leave it always recording.

Forum » Mess Hall » General Discussion » Dear Redham,
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright DoOrDie86 © 2024